Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

This guy has 200+ feed back rating all positive. I bet a lot we’re from penny auctions. People sell good feedback.
You can take a closer look to see what the individual feedback is as well. For example on my store my buyers write specific things about how well the items were packed, quality of item, etc. You can tell when it's real. ;D

Not defending the practice of selling the ps5 box in the hope for it be bid up. As someone that buys empty cases with cover art to complete games, I think so long as the listing is clear i.e. box only, no console etc over paying is 100% on the person placing the bid. If the seller is being deceptive and adding pictures of stuff not included, different story. I looked at a few box only listings and the pictures are of the box and often the box is clearly open.

Absolutely horrible. There needs to be some type of legislation. I would suggest a law that any product that has been released can only go up for auction after 120 days AFTER THE INITIAL RELEASE DATE. This would put a HUGE DENT in the scalping industry.

Thoughts
Legislation for what? People are too dumb and can't read. No law will fix that. Hold people accountable for their actions, no need to make laws especially when some people might actually want a box.

Look up GBA boxes on eBay, people want and buy those no problem.

Legislation for what? People are too dumb and can't read. No law will fix that. Hold people accountable for their actions, no need to make laws especially when some people might actually want a box.

Look up GBA boxes on eBay, people want and buy those no problem.
Chill eBay will give their money back. Anytime, I’ve had an issue with a seller they gave me the cash back. They always side with the buyer.

I’ve actually screwed 3 scammers selling me stuff in the past. In fact eBay gave me the money back and said I didn’t have to send the item back unless I wanted to. However eBay does not have a customer service line anymore so I don’t know how they handle it anymore.

FYI gba boxes are collectibles and can sometimes fetch a lot of money especially if you’re trying to make a rare loose cart/system whole.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not the seller's responsibility to set what something is valued at, it is the customer and their wallet. I cannot stress how important it is for a buyer to value their money and make responsible decisions. Being taken advantage of doesn't fly here when it is right there in plain text. If they can't be responsible (and read), stay the fuck off ebay. Simple.

Clearly this is some sort of systemic scam. Noticed the same listing on someone else’s account word for word and shot for shot in the pics. Either it’s a hacked account or they make transactions to get a lot of feedback fast.

Just received my pickup notification from Best buy that was originally supposed to have been Saturday.  Just wanted to put out there for anyone else in the bestbuy hold pattern looks like at least some are coming through.

Clearly this is some sort of systemic scam. Noticed the same listing on someone else’s account word for word and shot for shot in the pics. Either it’s a hacked account or they make transactions to get a lot of feedback fast.
Well scammers are bad for everyone, sellers and buyers since it damages trust. Sucks, but happens.

Both are fantastic choices. Wingspan gets a slight bit more of a nod from me if you have lighter gaming family members.
Oh, it was more anecdotal as I have Wingspan already but not Terraforming Mars. I resist the urge to play games that get huge hype and are usually everyone's #1 game so I've held out for quite a while. For essentially free though? I'm willing to give it a try and see what all the craziness is about with the option to just sell it easily if it's not for us.

Do you guys actually spend this much time messaging sellers. eBay will handle those listings, assuming there is anything wrong with them. You messaging some seller isn't going to make them take it down, they know what they are trying to do. There are better uses of your time.

Do you guys actually spend this much time messaging sellers. eBay will handle those listings, assuming there is anything wrong with them. You messaging some seller isn't going to make them take it down, they know what they are trying to do. There are better uses of your time.
They need to know we won’t stand for any baloney

Well this was a surprise. My Kohl's order arrived today via UPS. No signature required. I thought it was the carpet cleaner I bought with the 2x Kohl's Cash. Guess I didn't need to camp out at Fred Meyer after all. The order on Kohl's website still shows "submitted/in fulfillment". My GameStop bundle arrives tomorrow via FedEx. There will be some happy family members not having to search for these anymore.

Has anyone picked up their Walmart early? Mine's still stuck at "Will be ready for pickup by Wed, Dec 2".

I'm scared Dec. 2 will be the deadline because of a glitch somehow. Maybe it meant "We'll hold until Dec 2".

Well this was a surprise. My Kohl's order arrived today via UPS. No signature required. I thought it was the carpet cleaner I bought with the 2x Kohl's Cash. Guess I didn't need to camp out at Fred Meyer after all. The order on Kohl's website still shows "submitted/in fulfillment". My GameStop bundle arrives tomorrow via FedEx. There will be some happy family members not having to search for these anymore.
My Kohl’s order had similar strange behavior until well after they shipped it.

I am curious in your Kohl’s order: was the only seal on the PS5 box a circular piece of tape more less in the center? In comparison, the PS5 from PSDirect had the circular piece of tape AND a piece of “metal like” tape with holograms on it.

I am curious in your Kohl’s order: was the only seal on the PS5 box a circular piece of tape more less in the center? In comparison, the PS5 from PSDirect had the circular piece of tape AND a piece of “metal like” tape with holograms on it.
Only the ps direct ones have a hologram. I think it’s because they give you a gift. Free ps5 or ps now trials. All other retailers just gave that one clear sticker.

Just a circular sticker. Same as the one I got from Fred Meyer.

Also, I just got a shipping confirmation email from Kohl's, after the package was already delivered today. The email says it's "Ready To Go" but the UPS tracking shows that it was delivered.

The one I got from Best Buy only has the clear circular tape.

Has anyone picked up their Walmart early? Mine's still stuck at "Will be ready for pickup by Wed, Dec 2".

I'm scared Dec. 2 will be the deadline because of a glitch somehow. Maybe it meant "We'll hold until Dec 2".
I am in the same boat as you and not really concerned too much.

I know people who have picked theirs up early. If the Walmart I got my XSX at wasn't 40 minutes away I would have tried myself but I'm not risking driving that far to be turned down and have to go back.

Apparently Walmart is notifying people in alphabetical order by their last name. The people who got notified early had lower last names. My last name starts with S so it makes sense I'm at the end.

I think they have all of them already in stores but they don't want everyone coming at once to pick them up for some reason. So I'll wait to see if it updates tomorrow morning for mine.

I'm curious if your last name is later in the alphabet too.

I got my PS5 from Walmart today! I received an email at around 7:00am this morning, and it said that they will hold onto it until Saturday Dec. 5 8:00pm, and if it's not picked up by then it will be automatically returned and refunded.

I wouldn't be worried at this point since Walmart's 11/25 orders seem to be getting fulfilled properly based on other comments. If you don't get an email tomorrow morning, you should definitely give them a call though since there will only be a 3 days left before you lose your PS5 order.

I am in the same boat as you and not really concerned too much.

I know people who have picked theirs up early. If the Walmart I got my XSX at wasn't 40 minutes away I would have tried myself but I'm not risking driving that far to be turned down and have to go back.

Apparently Walmart is notifying people in alphabetical order by their last name. The people who got notified early had lower last names. My last name starts with S so it makes sense I'm at the end.

I think they have all of them already in stores but they don't want everyone coming at once to pick them up for some reason. So I'll wait to see if it updates tomorrow morning for mine.

I'm curious if your last name is later in the alphabet too.
Quite close to yours so that's a yes. Thanks. I thought it was only Bestbuys that had earlier than listed pickups.

I got my PS5 from Walmart today! I received an email at around 7:00am this morning, and it said that they will hold onto it until Saturday Dec. 5 8:00pm, and if it's not picked up by then it will be automatically returned and refunded.

I wouldn't be worried at this point since Walmart's 11/25 orders seem to be getting fulfilled properly based on other comments. If you don't get an email tomorrow morning, you should definitely give them a call though since there will only be a 3 days left before you lose your PS5 order.
Cool. Yeah. I'm scared. I'd rather deal with wally world if things go south for my main unit. I think they also have the cheapest 4 year warranty which is $ 77 and you can add said warranty at a later date (within 30 days), easily through their online system. You'll see it as an option in your order. Well, at least there's usually that option among my online orders.

My local Best Buy got 16 PS5s yesterday, they said it's for online orders now being filled (back orders, if you will). But why would a store get them? That reason doesn't make sense. Only GameStop had in store pre-orders.
Are they for this Sunday's ad??🤔[attachment=35014:20201130_171438_HDR.jpg][attachment=35014:20201130_171438_HDR.jpg][attachment=35015:20201130_171438_HDR.jpg]

I wish that was true. I've reported dozens of listings that violate their rules and eBay has done jack about any of them. Maybe if more of us report them they'll actually do something. If anything we should post the listing violations in this thread so many of us can report them because they clearly break eBay's rules and are trying to take advantage of buyers.

My local Best Buy got 16 PS5s yesterday, they said it's for online orders now being filled (back orders, if you will). But why would a store get them? That reason doesn't make sense. Only GameStop had in store pre-orders.
Are they for this Sunday's ad??🤔
What? Best Buy totally had in store pick up orders. That one guy here who said he was going to give up gaming still needs his if he didn't shoot himself in the foot and cancel.

What? Best Buy totally had in store pick up orders. That one guy here who said he was going to give up gaming still needs his if he didn't shoot himself in the foot and cancel.
Bah hahaha....haven’t heard from him in awhile probably got his ps5!

Are they for this Sunday's ad??[emoji848]
attachicon.gif
20201130_171438_HDR.jpg
attachicon.gif
20201130_171438_HDR.jpg
attachicon.gif
20201130_171438_HDR.jpg
The store gets them because you order online for in store pick up? How are you supposed to pick up in store if the store doesn’t get them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My controller charging station from PS direct had that sticker on it so I think it's exclusive to PS direct items.

Walmart said that we have to call a special "number" for black friday orders. Wasn't able to check if they already have my PS5 that's supposed to be "ready" by tomorrow.

edit

I mean they said that there's supposed to be an email sent by walmart that will have a number we have to call for the black friday item.

Absolutely horrible. There needs to be some type of legislation. I would suggest a law that any product that has been released can only go up for auction after 120 days AFTER THE INITIAL RELEASE DATE. This would put a HUGE DENT in the scalping industry.

Thoughts
This is a terrible idea. For many of the reasons mentioned, as well as others.

Glad others are finally getting their Kohl's orders! Used up the last of my cash they issued today by swinging by their parking lot for free shipping and bought Terraforming Mars board game. I'd normally get it discounted on Amazon (since nobody else carries it), but way too many complaints of counterfeit board games on there heh.

Hot take: they don't have better uses of their time.

When I got my PS5 order in at Best Buy, shipping wasn't even an option. It was in store only.
Mine was in store pick only too, I really appreciated Best Buy's new anti-bot check out process. No way I would have been able to get a PS5 even though I was luckily still awake when their orders dropped.

No, government intervention isn’t needed. eBay will refund tricked buyers 100 percent of the time.

As for the jacked up values of the next generation of consoles: the market sets the price. The market always sets the price on these things. If there weren’t a gazillion eager buyers competing for the consoles, sellers would be stuck holding items they’d be lucky to sell at MSRP.

Finally caved and purchased a PS5 for $12,000 on eBay + $50 shipping. The listing said the console was "rare."

Edit: Just got an email from seller saying listing was a meme and that he doesn't actually have the console. Back to the hunt, I suppose.

Is Target selling in stores? Popfinder is showing over 28 at my store but the guy in Electronics says they won't get them till Thursday. Could these be online only or should I get to Target early tomorrow?

Is Target selling in stores? Popfinder is showing over 28 at my store but the guy in Electronics says they won't get them till Thursday. Could these be online only or should I get to Target early tomorrow?
Officially no but someone leaked online that they may have drop today or 12/3. It’s on YouTube.

I noticed on the Popfindr page it says "ALL PS5'S ARE ONLY BEING SOLD THRU THE TARGET APP FOR IN-STORE PICKUP."

That is what has me confused, popfinder says one thing but the worker says the other. I really don't want to waste my morning tomorrow for nothing.
Sony and Microsoft asked retailers to sell online only due to COVID. Only Walmart has broken that gentleman’s agreement. They let store managers make the call. Ultimately Walmart is big enough to do what it wants...like start preorders 1 day before Sony said to...which caused everyone else to follow...,creating the shit show that was ps5 launch.

bread's done
Back