Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Hey, if it wasn’t for this thread I wouldn’t have a free Insta Pot Duo and some clothes from Kohl’s!
Got mom a new solid mid-range stand-up vac for her bday for only $64 out of pocket. Thanks Kohl's! ($259.99 retail)

Koh-s-DOTY.jpg

top 3 deal of the year. (free certs from the PS5 bundle cancellation, thanks to this thread.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I know they don't care, doesn't make them any less stupid for doing so. Sounds like they were gone so fast anyway that even if it had been tweeted, it would be too late.
Honestly it makes perfect sense to release these in off hours. They will sell whenever they go up, but putting them up early in the morning is less likely to crash the site. Most of these companies only derive a tiny portion of sales from video games. They lose money when their site is down (probably way more than they make on low margin consoles).

You will get your console keep trying!

Hey, if it wasn’t for this thread I wouldn’t have a free Insta Pot Duo and some clothes from Kohl’s!
I bought some pots and pans but Kohl's is terrible at packing. They sent 2 in a box with no bubble wrap, so they just banged against each other and have scratches. They sent one in a bag (a BAG!!). And they make it so difficult to return anything when you cannot get to a store.

Sure dude. Sure.
Why isn’t that believable. I bought 3 ps5s and 2 xboxes. 2 out of the 3 were for me and my brother, the third ps5 was to replace my coil whine unit and the 2 xboxes were for me and my brother. I’m officially done buying game consoles!!! Woot-Woot

I was able to get one.  Finally, this was for my cousin who wanted to get something for her husbands birthday.  I only ever got 1 as I don't plan getting one for myself for another 2-3 years.  I was able to check out at 5:10am MST.  I started trying at 5:00am and it wouldn't process until then.  It kept saying it was still available so I just kept hitting buy until it worked.  I think I lucked out on this one.  I'm checking out of this thread.  I just want to say good luck to anyone who still needs one and fuck you to any scalpers reading this.  

I knew Target had some as I went to try and get one in store yesterday with no luck, didn't know when they'd drop them online but it looks like I missed out.

Would anyone here recommend the geek squad protection for the PS5 or any console in general? Or is it not worth it?
It's the best insurance you can get. I've never had any issues. Everytime, they've just let me swap the broken item with a new one they had in stock. I was just in there and replaced my Astro A50's.

But I've heard now they will mail consoles in to see if they can be repaired before swapping with another. Unless it's a special edition which they will just issue a gift card for the original retail price of the item.

Already at an hour+. I've been working at my computer and refreshing that page regularly so I couldn't have been more than a few minutes after they first activated the queue.

Here we go again. I saw your post within 2 minutes. Refreshed the tab in my browser, logged in, went through about a half dozen captchas, and my wait time is over an hour.
Good luck to us all.

If you guys don't make it, you can join me in the failed PS5 Walmart therapy group. Group meetings are on Thursday nights at 6PM PST. Don't forget to bring snacks.

For those of you who have it (or are familiar with their policies) at Costco, the Citi card extends the warranty x2 years in addition to the 1 year on the console, but Costco has essentially a lifetime satisfaction guarantee on video game consoles, right? Trying to decide if I should keep this or give it as a gift and get one from another retailer when they're more easily available.

It's the best insurance you can get. I've never had any issues. Everytime, they've just let me swap the broken item with a new one they had in stock. I was just in there and replaced my Astro A50's.

But I've heard now they will mail consoles in to see if they can be repaired before swapping with another. Unless it's a special edition which they will just issue a gift card for the original retail price of the item.
It costs less than a $100 bucks to fix a PlayStation out of warranty. If you’re willing to accept a replacement unit from Sony. I think if you want your actual console fixed it jumps to 150-200 range. In a lot of cases Sony just sends you a brand new console as the replacement. Had happened 2/3 times for me. I guess but the bb warranty if you know you will break a console...basically just preparing for a replacement.

I was going to ask if I should wait since the Q was over an hour.  I guess that OOS message makes it easy to not bother  lol

I wonder if we'll ever get BC for PS2 and PS3 discs one day like MS did with their old consoles. Eventually all of the PS2 and PS3 consoles will break down or won't be compatible with modern TVs and there won't be a way to actually play the old discs.

BTW, whether I get one or not, I should have thanked you for posting that it was live. Thank you.
Wow what terrible luck. I just missed it - not because I was too late but because they said something was wrong with my credit card. I was able to hit submit but got a billing error. WTF I actually bought stuff from Sony before. I used the same card to buy a bunch of TLOU 2 merch earlier this year. By the time I try a new credit card the console went OOS fml.

This and the Walmart walk-ins miss just adds to the disappointment :cry:

Welcome man but looks like we're stuck in the same boat.....

Wow what terrible luck. I just missed it - not because I was too late but because they said something was wrong with my credit card. I was able to hit submit but got a billing error. WTF I actually bought stuff from Sony before. I used the same card to buy a bunch of TLOU 2 merch earlier this year. By the time I try a new credit card the console went OOS fml.

This and the Walmart walk-ins miss just adds to the disappointment :cry:
This happened to me 2 weeks ago, I had to wait a week for a letter to unlock my credit card.

Then, the drop before last, I was stuck at the It's your turn screen.

My only regret is not making multiple accounts to get more free cash lol. Even if none had shipped, I mean that was probably the deal of the year for some people. :lol:

This happened to me 2 weeks ago, I had to wait a week for a letter to unlock my credit card.

Then, the drop before last, I was stuck at the It's your turn screen.
But I'm confused as to how I'm able to place an order elsewhere afterwards.

Got mom a new solid mid-range stand-up vac for her bday for only $64 out of pocket. Thanks Kohl's! ($259.99 retail)

Koh-s-DOTY.jpg

top 3 deal of the year. (free certs from the PS5 bundle cancellation, thanks to this thread.)
I'm guessing more suction power from that over a Dyson? I honestly don't know how I could go back now that I've been spoiled lol.

Sweating bullets. Planning to return Gamestop's bundle-ins that I don't need. I hope the employees don't trick me into returning the whole package including the PS5 or any magical store policy changes while I'm trying to return them.

Sweating bullets. Planning to return Gamestop's bundle-ins that I don't need. I hope the employees don't trick me into returning the whole package including the PS5 or any magical store policy changes while I'm trying to return them.
How would they do that? Don't take the system with you. Just bring the itemized packing slip and the items you want to return. Worst case scenario, they say they can't do it.

ended up getting a ps5 from the last restock at WM.

Anyone have a nice sports card collection that they want to part with?!

Just not getting into sport cards breaks and its expensive!

ended up getting a ps5 from the last restock at WM.

Anyone have a nice sports card collection that they want to part with?!

Just not getting into sport cards breaks and its expensive!
Wait sports cards are worth money again? Most of mine are 80s and 90s and last i checked they were less than they were worth in the mid to late 90s. I do have a Mickey Mantle, but it is in rough shape. Might have to see what I can get out of them.

Popfindr still shows stock at a local target. 3 at one store and a couple other stores have one apiece. Is target selling this only online, or are they actually putting it in the game cases?

Wait sports cards are worth money again? Most of mine are 80s and 90s and last i checked they were less than they were worth in the mid to late 90s. I do have a Mickey Mantle, but it is in rough shape. Might have to see what I can get out of them.
Prob not those...but these new cards can be very expensive.

Question is, is geek squad warranty better or PlayStation stores extended warranty for ps5
Honestly they both cost about the same as fixing a PlayStation out of warranty. I replaced a ps3 and ps4 a few times. Often Sony just sends you a new system. They’ve done that 2/3 times I’ve needed a replacement.

Might as well just pay to replace your console when or if it actually breaks.

Honestly they both cost about the same as fixing a PlayStation out of warranty. I replaced a ps3 and ps4 a few times. Often Sony just sends you a new system. They’ve done that 2/3 times I’ve needed a replacement.

Might as well just pay to replace your console when or if it actually breaks.
If they’re about the same price, I’d prefer whichever would replace the console instead of trying to fix it

If they’re about the same price, I’d prefer whichever would replace the console instead of trying to fix it
Bestbuy used to just let you swap them out for a new one. Now they're supposed to try to fix them first before issuing a gift card unless its a special edition which they will just give you the gift card. Depending on who you get though, they probably would just issue a gift card for the original retail amount and you could go grab another.

Sony actually charges double to fix your original console. Usually if you do the replacement option it’s less and like I said 2/3 times they’ve sent me a brand new console with everything in the box except the controller. One time they sent me a refurb and it was honestly like brand new as well.

So if popfinder is showing inventory at a store near me that means they will be on the floor or I can try to place an order online for pickup?  The stores opened 2 hours ago here so I'm guessing if any of these things were put out they are already gone.

So if popfinder is showing inventory at a store near me that means they will be on the floor or I can try to place an order online for pickup? The stores opened 2 hours ago here so I'm guessing if any of these things were put out they are already gone.
You have to order online for pick up. It might take a couple days for the stock to show on the site. And your best bet is a few hours to an hour before the store opening when it shows stock. That's how mine was.

I don't know exactly when the store has them and when they are released. Just keep refreshing the page when popfinder shows your store with stock. Mine showed the day before there were 10 in stock and the next morning at 4am the site showed in stock. But of course, every situation can be different. I heard from a few people as well as my experience, its most likely in stock on the website to be purchased before opening after showing up on popfinder. Like 1-2 days from first showing on popfinder. YMMV

Good luck

bread's done
Back