Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Jsyk, if you're one of the people who ordered from Costco during launch week who haven't received your system yet, they should be on the move now

Sony actually charges double to fix your original console. Usually if you do the replacement option it’s less and like I said 2/3 times they’ve sent me a brand new console with everything in the box except the controller. One time they sent me a refurb and it was honestly like brand new as well.
The disc drive in my launch PS4 died about 6 months after I bought it. Since it was less than a year from purchase sony replaced it for free with what I assume is a refurb. It seemed brand new, though. No issues with going through Sony, just back your saves up.

The disc drive in my launch PS4 died about 6 months after I bought it. Since it was less than a year from purchase sony replaced it for free with what I assume is a refurb. It seemed brand new, though. No issues with going through Sony, just back your saves up.
If it came in a standard retail box it was brand new. If it came in a brown box it was a refurb of excellent quality. That’s been my experience with Sony for ps3 and ps4. No issues with ps1 or ps2. Nintendo and Sony charge very reasonable prices for repairs or replacements.

Sony actually charges double to fix your original console. Usually if you do the replacement option it’s less and like I said 2/3 times they’ve sent me a brand new console with everything in the box except the controller. One time they sent me a refurb and it was honestly like brand new as well.
They make you choose? Repair or replace? How much?

If it came in a standard retail box it was brand new. If it came in a brown box it was a refurb of excellent quality. That’s been my experience with Sony for ps3 and ps4. No issues with ps1 or ps2. Nintendo and Sony charge very reasonable prices for repairs or replacements.
You know they put new outer casings on them. Been doing that since the PS3. I highly doubt they send back a brand new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just have to watch the website? Any indication as to how long they show stock available until they put them for sale online?
Yep. And no. Everyone seems to think they usually drop in the morning around 7am. I think that’s what happened last time. I had about 6 stores or so with 10 each and they went live one morning. I missed it.

Keep checking pop finder and I’d suggest checking on the target app every morning to see if they go live.

It was in a brown box, but the unit itself looked new. Not one scuff or mark on it. I’d always just assumed that it was something that didn’t pass QA when it was made, so they fixed it to use as a replacement.

PS5 early adopter 1st world problems:  annoyed I can't upgrade the NVME SSD yet.      LOL        Due to the massive size of the PS5, I will be selling and upgrading to the eventual PS5 slim day one!      PS5Pro+?    we'll cross that bridge when it comes.

I would use an external drive for PS4 games, but hesitant until sony does more system updates. 

PS5 early adopter 1st world problems: annoyed I can't upgrade the NVME SSD yet. LOL Due to the massive size of the PS5, I will be selling and upgrading to the eventual PS5 slim day one! PS5Pro+? we'll cross that bridge when it comes.

I would use an external drive for PS4 games, but hesitant until sony does more system updates.
Thank you brotha. My concern with the ps5 fat is that I don’t want my external hard drive with my PS4 games to brick while using it. I still don’t have the ps5 but can wait.

It was in a brown box, but the unit itself looked new. Not one scuff or mark on it. I’d always just assumed that it was something that didn’t pass QA when it was made, so they fixed it to use as a replacement.
Nah it was likely a return unit or a new unit made as a replacement. Stuff that doesn’t pass qa or is really abused usually gets sold in bulk as scrap consoles. That been my experience working for a manufacturer of robots and other things.

You know they put new outer casings on them. Been doing that since the PS3. I highly doubt they send back a brand new one.
It was new. For sure, was told they may send a new one on the phone. Came in a normal retail box without a controller and a new seal. Refurbs come in a brown box aka coffin.

They ask you over the phone what you want to do. The replacement consoles have been around $99 bucks. If you want your original fixed it’s a lot more.
Nice. Now I'm thinking twice whether to get the $ 77 Walmart insurance for 4 years. I initially wanted to but maybe it's just gonna be $ 120-150 for the PS5, max.

I don't mind if it smells a bit like an ass if you sniff it too close, at least for the first few weeks. Even if it looks a bit dinged, as long as it's fully functional, I'm fine with that.

Costco orders win the award for being the worst. Approaching a month since initial order. Tracking # delivery date is continually being pushed out. So lame...... 

Nice. Now I'm thinking twice whether to get the $ 77 Walmart insurance for 4 years. I initially wanted to but maybe it's just gonna be $ 120-150 for the PS5, max.

I don't mind if it smells a bit like an ass if you sniff it too close, at least for the first few weeks. Even if it looks a bit dinged, as long as it's fully functional, I'm fine with that.
Personally don’t recommend the warranty unless you break consoles on the regular. Nice thing is gamers are very loyal customers and gaming companies make money selling you games...not so much selling you consoles. So the repair/replacement options are pretty affordable to keep you gaming and to buy more games.

Honesty always has been like getting a brand new device in my experience....no weird ass smells! 😂

Costco orders win the award for being the worst. Approaching a month since initial order. Tracking # delivery date is continually being pushed out. So lame......
Considering the page said those orders wouldn't ship until 12/23, it hasn't been TOO bad, especially since 4 of those days fell on Thanksgiving weekend, which UPS apparently takes off. I know some stores have been shipping what feels like the same night, but seeing folks on reddit coming up with conspiracy theories to hound three different CS lines non stop for a month certainly didn't help

Personally don’t recommend the warranty unless you break consoles on the regular. Nice thing is gamers are very loyal customers and gaming companies make money selling you games...not so much selling you consoles. So the repair/replacement options are pretty affordable to keep you gaming and to buy more games.

Honesty always has been like getting a brand new device in my experience....no weird ass smells! [emoji23]
I’ve never bought a gaming console warranty. I don’t treat my tech like garbage though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never bought a gaming console warranty. I don’t treat my tech like garbage though.

I don’t believe in warranties either, especially if you pay with a credit card. Many credit cards offer free extended warranties. I also treat my tech extremely well too, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

Xbox 360 at launch anyone???

I don’t believe in warranties either, especially if you pay with a credit card. Many credit cards offer free extended warranties. I also treat my tech extremely well too, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

I remember “fixing” it with pennies.

I have bought a ton of electronics in my time, including new TVs every 4-5 years. The only extended warranty I bought was the 360 after hearing about the issues from the Taco Bell winners who had the system early. And I ended up using it with a quick swap from Best Buy, though MS extended the warranties anyway with all the problems. Wasn't until the newer design that issues went away with that system. Way ahead in the game if something ever does break beyond its initial warranty.

Given the nature and frequency of the PS5 hardware issues, I would almost be tempted to get an extended warranty for that system if I can ever actually purchase it.

It seems pretty narcissistic to assume that consoles only break because you treat them badly. There are such things as defective units or parts that break under normal use, especially with launch consoles which are typically always the worst of the bunch. There's also cases where people treat their electronics like shit and they don't break. Sometimes it's just down to luck. But this is the just world mentality that people have in life in general. They look at a homeless guy on the streets and say "he must have done something to deserve it, unlike me" not knowing his background story.

It seems pretty narcissistic to assume that consoles only break because you treat them badly. There are such things as defective units or parts that break under normal use, especially with launch consoles which are typically always the worst of the bunch. There's also cases where people treat their electronics like shit and they don't break. Sometimes it's just down to luck. But this is the just world mentality that people have in life in general. They look at a homeless guy on the streets and say "he must have done something to deserve it, unlike me" not knowing his background story.

Wow. Lol. Who hurt you?

User name checks out.

I never got RRD. I don’t play games all day though so that might be a reason why I didn’t get it. Had my launch console all the way till I trade it for an Xbox One.

I never got RRD. I don’t play games all day though so that might be a reason why I didn’t get it. Had my launch console all the way till I trade it for an Xbox One.

I had it happen on 2 different systems at the time. Way back then I played maybe an hour a day, 2 tops. After the second one died I sold the replacement and bought a PS3. I only recently got back into Xbox in the last year.

I had it happen on 2 different systems at the time. Way back then I played maybe an hour a day, 2 tops. After the second one died I sold the replacement and bought a PS3. I only recently got back into Xbox in the last year.
That sucks. I would have cancelled Xbox too. I’ve been extremely lucky with my consoles.

I received my Ultimate Bundle from GameStop today via FedEx.  Oddly enough, they left it at the door despite a signature being required, and they didn't even ring the doorbell.  I only knew because I saw it on Ring and was rushing down to sign for it.

Of course GameStop would screw up the order somehow.  It came with the Launch Edition of Spider-Man instead of the Ultimate Launch Edition.  I went down to the nearby store (2 miles away) and was surprised how easy the exchange was.  Of course, he asked me if they emailed me a separate code or something for the Ultimate Launch Edition.  I'm like "umm...no...the bundle includes a physical copy."

Ever since I was told to pay a high price to get my og PS3 fixed, I’ve almost always bought extended warranty for “expensive” devices such as PS4, Apple Watch, TV, phone, mainly cuz anything can go wrong that’s not even ur fault. Plus can’t u think of it as, the battery is crappin out, let me get it exchanged?

Ever since I was told to pay a high price to get my og PS3 fixed, I’ve almost always bought extended warranty for “expensive” devices such as PS4, Apple Watch, TV, phone, mainly cuz anything can go wrong that’s not even ur fault. Plus can’t u think of it as, the battery is crappin out, let me get it exchanged?
My day one 60 GB PS3 died from the yellow light defect 3 or 4 years after launch. It was only $75 to fix direct from Sony and they arranged UPS pick up for free. They pretty much just sent back a new or extremely clean refurbished console. Who told you it was high priced & what was the amount? Just curious.

I ordered the PS5 bundle from Gamestop on Nov 19th and everything was shipped on time except the PS5 HD Camera.  I filed dispute on paypal asking for refund of $59.99 plus tax and just received emailed from paypal that I'm getting $876 refund on my card instead of $59.99.  What happen now?  I already gave PS5 to my friend for MSRP.  I don't know why paypal refunded me full amount when I clearly said I want refund for Camera cuz it' didn't come with my bundle.

I ordered the PS5 bundle from Gamestop on Nov 19th and everything was shipped on time except the PS5 HD Camera. I filed dispute on paypal asking for refund of $59.99 plus tax and just received emailed from paypal that I'm getting $876 refund on my card instead of $59.99. What happen now? I already gave PS5 to my friend for MSRP. I don't know why paypal refunded me full amount when I clearly said I want refund for Camera cuz it' didn't come with my bundle.
Simple GameStop did not respond to the dispute on time and PayPal gave you all your money back which part of their guarantee. It’s GameStop’s responsibility to do refunding. They just didn’t respond so pp gave you your money back.

I ordered the PS5 bundle from Gamestop on Nov 19th and everything was shipped on time except the PS5 HD Camera. I filed dispute on paypal asking for refund of $59.99 plus tax and just received emailed from paypal that I'm getting $876 refund on my card instead of $59.99. What happen now? I already gave PS5 to my friend for MSRP. I don't know why paypal refunded me full amount when I clearly said I want refund for Camera cuz it' didn't come with my bundle.
Did you just get a free PS5?

Honestly you’d be suprised how often that happens. I know quite a few people that got free furniture and such over disputes. Often the credit card company or PayPal in this case will straight up tell you to keep it.

Simple GameStop did not respond to the dispute on time and PayPal gave you all your money back which part of their guarantee. It’s GameStop’s responsibility to do refunding. They just didn’t respond so pp gave you your money back.
Gamestop did respond by giving them Fedex tracking number which showed my ps5 bundle was delivered. PS5 HD Camera was shipped separately couple of days later and had usps tracking # and tracking didnt update for 7days so that's why I asked for refund. Is Gamestop going to ban me for this? I didn't ask for full refund.

bread's done
Back