Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Gamestop did respond by giving them Fedex tracking number which showed my ps5 bundle was delivered. PS5 HD Camera was shipped separately couple of days later and had usps tracking # and tracking didnt update for 7days so that's why I asked for refund. Is Gamestop going to ban me for this? I didn't ask for full refund.
Doubtful. Just the cost of doing business. Not worth the time over 800 bucks for a company as big as GameStop. They screwed up not you. You do that too many times PayPal might ban you...but I wouldn’t worry about it in this case.

I’ve had similar disputes on eBay before and used their and pp guarantee. Usually they tell you to keep the item.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop did respond by giving them Fedex tracking number which showed my ps5 bundle was delivered. PS5 HD Camera was shipped separately couple of days later and had usps tracking # and tracking didnt update for 7days so that's why I asked for refund. Is Gamestop going to ban me for this? I didn't ask for full refund.
You'll now most likely be black listed and won't be able to shop on gamestop.com anymore. And just because it shows as case closed doesn't mean they can't reopen and re take the money back. If gamestop continues to pursue.

You'll now most likely be black listed and won't be able to shop on gamestop.com anymore. And just because it shows as case closed doesn't mean they can't reopen and re take the money back. If gamestop continues to pursue.
I don't care if they take the money as long as I get refund for the HD Camera that wasn't delivered to me.

I don't care if they take the money as long as I get refund for the HD Camera that wasn't delivered to me.
Eventually that will most likely show up. I've had things take 2 weeks recently with the post office. Swore it was lost with no updates but it did show up. Better to continue to try to contact CS in the future for any legit business.

Was able to return the bundled stuff and keep the PS5 in Gamestop. What a relief.

They told me that they don't have any extended holiday returns though but one was acting as if they're not sure.

Was able to return the bundled stuff and keep the PS5 in Gamestop. What a relief.

They told me that they don't have any extended holiday returns though but one was acting as if they're not sure.
Yeah well that’s nice and all of them to outright lie to you, given the receipt says any item purchased from 11/1-12/24 is eligible for extended holiday returns

My day one 60 GB PS3 died from the yellow light defect 3 or 4 years after launch. It was only $75 to fix direct from Sony and they arranged UPS pick up for free. They pretty much just sent back a new or extremely clean refurbished console. Who told you it was high priced & what was the amount? Just curious.
Yeah mine froze and it was probably yellow light too if I remember. It was the backwards compatible one. When we called they offered to fix it for around $200 since we didn’t have warranty

Yeah mine froze and it was probably yellow light too if I remember. It was the backwards compatible one. When we called they offered to fix it for around $200 since we didn’t have warranty
Yeah mine was out of warranty too. Go straight through Sony Customer Service and the prices are pretty reasonable. I've heard PS4 repairs are also pretty low.

Three Walmart’s here in Wisconsin sold them right then they came off the truck Walmart on west ave In Waukesha got 22 units and sold them instantly at 6pm tonight

Three Walmart’s here in Wisconsin sold them right then they came off the truck Walmart on west ave In Waukesha got 22 units and sold them instantly at 6pm tonight

I did send email to gamestop twice and they never respond to my email that's why I went to paypal.
Their email support is not well monitored at all I've been ignored through that form before. It's not fair to us but unfortunately you have to call their CS to get through.

Over 30 people in line this morning and the employee comes out and says there are only 6 PS5s in stock and no Xbox Series Xs.

Other stores need to sell in store so people have a better chance than buying online versus bots.

Got one today. My town has two Walmarts. I was going to go to the smaller one initially but went to the bigger one to see if I should travel elsewhere. The big one has 30 people in line already. I left and made the decision to go the other one. Ended up being 3rd. Despite some people cutting and apparently let In through the back, I was able to get one but some weren’t so lucky. I got there at around 6:30. Had a pretty good conversation with some cool guys while waiting so overall it was a good experience for me.

Sony and Microsoft are doing a pretty good job cranking systems out lately. Keep seeing inventory around me weekly sometimes a lot and other times 1 or 2.

Man, 2 Walmart’s by me have been sitting on 6+ consoles for a few days now according to brickseek. I’m assuming they are holding them for online orders. One of the managers there said they weren’t going to sell in store.

Man, 2 Walmart’s by me have been sitting on 6+ consoles for a few days now according to brickseek. I’m assuming they are holding them for online orders. One of the managers there said they weren’t going to sell in store.
It’s up to the managers discretion. Some of their decisions are dumb. Like my local Walmart only allows a certain amount of people in because of COVID. They have a counter at the door. Ends up causes a huge line of people packed in together....great way to prevent COVID. As a result I just go somewhere else or buy online.

Dominator was that a walmart in NJ? The one I dealt with this morning was a train wreck. Hopefully the people that were in the beginning of the line got one 👍🏻👍🏻

Dominator was that a walmart in NJ? The one I dealt with this morning was a train wreck. Hopefully the people that were in the beginning of the line got one 👍🏻👍🏻

The ones in my areas still claim they are doing online only for pickup. My closest one (old bridge) has had 6+ according to brickseek for a few days now.

Which one was a train wreck? All of them? Hahaha. The ones near me aren’t that bad but I still hate going there.

I wonder if they took down the page to avoid people using brickseek and camping at the stores if it shows stock. With no product page you can't find in brickseek either I think. I guess page will be back up when they are ready for their announcement for next online order day

Finally, I just walked out with mine 30 minutes ago. I missed the stock at another Walmart this morning and the closer Walmart to me just got a shipment. They are all gone now. This Walmart is a mile from my house and I just happened to check BS and saw it in stock. Raced over there and a guy bought one in front of me. Employee went to the cabinets by the games and got me one. Don't know how many were left but I called my friend to come get one for himself and he arrived 10 minutes later and they were sold out.

With BS not showing the PS5 stock at Walmart right now, I guess I am VERY lucky to have checked BS when I did about an hour ago.

Huh, you just saw 59 scalpers and didn't even know it. ;)

Not even hating: some people out there really do need the cash, and it's an easy way to double to triple your money right now.
Scalpers can suck it. Scamming people for the hottest Christmas video game console people want in a year when people could really use some positive vibes. No, we get this hot mess. Ill say it again. Scalpers would be doing the same damn thing if Covid/lock-downs never happened so there is no pass for them. I mean holy hell, it's Christmas!

Scalpers can suck it. Scamming people for the hottest Christmas video game console people want in a year when people could really use some positive vibes. No, we get this hot mess. Ill say it again. Scalpers would be doing the same damn thing if Covid/lock-downs never happened so there is no pass for them. I mean holy hell, it's Christmas!
You have to remember that money is the most important thing in the world so of course you are going to see all these shady people trying to make as much of it as possible. History has proven again and again that no matter the state of the world, if there is money to be made, people will do whatever it takes to make it.

I’m not sure why Sony and MS haven’t forced the retailers to use a captcha code at least. This has to be hurting their bottom line from a software perspective.

I’m not sure why Sony and MS haven’t forced the retailers to use a captcha code at least. This has to be hurting their bottom line from a software perspective.
How so? The same people buying consoles at a premium clearly have the money to buy games as well.

You should also criticize the fools who pay more than MSRP for luxury entertainment items. No one needs a PS5. If no one paid the resellers so much money for these things then that would put an end to the scalping and hoarding scumbags.

You should also criticize the fools who pay more than MSRP for luxury entertainment items. No one needs a PS5. If no one paid the resellers so much money for these things then that would put an end to the scalping and hoarding scumbags.
This is true. If people would stop buying $700-$1000 PS5's and Series X from scalpers, none of this would be happening.

Sony, Microsoft or any company has no right to demand how another company chooses to sell their product. It's one thing to state how PS5 games are displayed in store (when they are paying for retail space) or how many they give to each retailer, but they have no right to tell Walmart, for example, how they want to choose to sell. If Walmart wanted to do a lottery system they can as it is now their products, they can sell it whatever way they want to after paying for them.

This is probably a stupid question but why can’t some store just do preorders and fill them as stock becomes available in the order received. I don’t mind waiting a month or so and that would be preferable to this nonsense. This is worse than the wii launch Christmas.

I’ve always wondered why PlayStation doesn’t sell direct (not that direct website garbage) and tied to your psn account. One per user, no new accounts.

Sony, Microsoft or any company has no right to demand how another company chooses to sell their product. It's one thing to state how PS5 games are displayed in store (when they are paying for retail space) or how many they give to each retailer, but they have no right to tell Walmart, for example, how they want to choose to sell. If Walmart wanted to do a lottery system they can as it is now their products, they can sell it whatever way they want to after paying for them.
I could be wrong, but I think I remember either Sony or Microsoft threatening to withhold shipments to certain retailers if they violated something like street date on something (or some other reason). I was definitely under the impression that they do have recourse if their products aren’t being sold the way they want them to be.

went to walmart about 1.5 hours before it opened. Over 85 people in line. They had 20ish Ps5 and about 45 minutes before open announced they were already sold out based on tickets.  

I’ve always wondered why PlayStation doesn’t sell direct (not that direct website garbage) and tied to your psn account. One per user, no new accounts.
Sony did offer preorder with similar criteria. There were about two preorder wave with Sony.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember either Sony or Microsoft threatening to withhold shipments to certain retailers if they violated something like street date on something (or some other reason). I was definitely under the impression that they do have recourse if their products aren’t being sold the way they want them to be.
No one is dumb enough to take a nuclear approach like that with Walmart or Target. Especially with Walmart. Also breaking a street date sometimes happens by mistake. Ultimately, they wouldn’t want system out in the wild too early because the supporting services aren’t ready.

Which is a contract that most retailers will sign with distributors so it's the reason why companies don't break street date, don't sell over MSRP (well some do), put games in the same location (Sony games will always be with Sony games), etc.

But they can not dictate how you sell your products beyond that agreement. Stores are fine with the above but they aren't ok with being told what they need to do to sell your product next to the thousands of other products they sell.

Can you imagine if stores couldn't discount their products, couldn't have sales, had to have a line system with every product release, etc. It's a lot to handle with the thousands of products a store can have. Stores know what works best for them to sell a product and don't need Sony (among others) telling them how to sell products without even knowing their backend or providing means to sell in such a manner.

bread's done
Back