Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

This is the worst console launch I can recall. I know getting the Wii was bad but they trickled in to stores throughout the holiday season along with afterwards. You didn’t hear stuff like “in six months there will be supply available”.

Other ones were bad but I don’t remember anything close to this.

This is the worst console launch I can recall. I know getting the Wii was bad but they trickled in to stores throughout the holiday season along with afterwards. You didn’t hear stuff like “in six months there will be supply available”.

It's been a month since launch and they are still trickling out to stores.

The console market has grown tremendously since Wii came out. That is literally almost 15 years ago. The demand now is so much higher than it was back then for consoles.

I swear some of you guys are such babies.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think you forgot that the Wii was hard to find for almost a year after launch.

Just got an email from GameStop... PS5 and XSX bundles in store at 3pm CST today

Edit: it’s an in store pre order, they don’t actually have them. No guarantee you’ll have it by xmas. It says they’re battling bots by having these preorders in store only.

I called my local store and they already sold through their allocation, there’s still a line around the building, and the internal GameStop system apparently crashed. Craziness.

I was 6th in line. The first 4 people for theirs with no issue. System crashed before 5 and 6. I had to bail because I have groceries in the car.

Wife was able to get a digital ps5 bundle for me at Gamestop, had to wait for the system to come back up. Now she is anxiously awaiting the email, they said it could take an hour or more.

The PS2 launch might be worse; similar demand to PS5 but with less than 1/6 the supply.

The PS2 launch might be worse; similar demand to PS5 but with less than 1/6 the supply.
yep 12 year old me was calling toys R us when got home from school everyday for about 6 months. I had saved up so much money to get one and Tekken tag.

PS5 launch sucks but no where near as PS2.

I still wonder how the hell I got one back then, I remember the first game I bought for it was Madden 2001 because of how awesome it looked. I had a blast with that one and I rented X-Squad, Tekken Tag Tournament & The Summoner from a local game store.

My Walmart now has a sign that says they are not selling the new consoles in store. Only online.

Last week they had both new consoles in store, so this is new for my store.

For all the hate that gets thrown at GS, they do come through clutch if you know when to strike. I was able to secure a ps5 disc bundle yesterday. I was third in line when I arrived at 4:03 pm EST. I had to wait about 2 hours to buy it but that beats camping out overnight. Their b1g1 on thanksgiving night was fantastic! I also brought demons souls ps5 preowned for $45 (30% off) yesterday after buying MK11 aftermath :ps4: for $29.99. Not too shabby.

Best Buy has been one of the sites that is kind of "bot proof" because when you get it in your cart they email you a code and you have to enter it.  You keep the item in your cart for 10 minutes i think before it goes away.  And once you get it into cart and the checkout process starts it's perfect.

I got my XSX like that and the only tough part was actually getting to checkout lol.

It's "so you're telling me there's a chance." This is one of the most misquoted lines in movie history. So many people think it's saying. No idea why.
I hope my misquoting (and rather innocent mistake) didn't ruin the sentiment of the joke or the comic stylings of Sir Jim Carrey for you.

If it did, you'll really freak out when I say, "Luke, I am your father."

Also, I still want to get a PS5, just to keep things on topic.

Best Buy has been one of the sites that is kind of "bot proof" because when you get it in your cart they email you a code and you have to enter it. You keep the item in your cart for 10 minutes i think before it goes away. And once you get it into cart and the checkout process starts it's perfect.

I got my XSX like that and the only tough part was actually getting to checkout lol.
Negative, once in cart it still times out like a mofo.

I hope my misquoting (and rather innocent mistake) didn't ruin the sentiment of the joke or the comic stylings of Sir Jim Carrey for you.

If it did, you'll really freak out when I say, "Luke, I am your father."

Also, I still want to get a PS5, just to keep things on topic.
I think you can thank Tommy Boy for that one...

JgWC.gif

Worth it. lol

bread's done
Back