Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I hope my misquoting (and rather innocent mistake) didn't ruin the sentiment of the joke or the comic stylings of Sir Jim Carrey for you.

If it did, you'll really freak out when I say, "Luke, I am your father."

Also, I still want to get a PS5, just to keep things on topic.
It’s James Carrey. In Liiving Color!

Is it different for Xbox vs ps5? I don’t remember getting a code for the Xbox.
I got a PS5 on the 11/22 drop, and had the code texted, etc. like others have said. I also think that the inventory is going to be tied to systems per store location, which will result in a YMMV experience for buyers across the country. I am fairly confident that the only reason I got one on 11/22 (after it had been up for over 45 min by the time I woke up), was that my store is low(er) volume relative to demand and hadn't yet sold through their inventory.

Supposedly stores are going to sell there stock to those who show up first. Then sell the remaining stock if there is any online. People are already camping.

Supposedly stores are going to sell there stock to those who show up first. Then sell the remaining stock if there is any online. People are already camping.
Doubtful - BestBuy has a company policy that no next-gen systems will be sold in store for the rest of the year.

if you want to see if your store has stock, search ps5 console then click the button in the upper left that says "in stock at xxx" I did this and it shows the base disc console and 3 disc bundles in stock. i dont know if this is definitive, but it seems pretty telling that when you click the button for in stock at a store it filters down to specific items. this is on the app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odds that stock lasts longer than 5 minutes: 5%
Odds that BB’s site crashes: 99%
Odds that bots will get 99% of the stock: 99%
Odds that more than a handful of people will come away happy: 1%
From my experience bb has been the goat. Usually stock is up for 10-50 mins. Keep refreshing till it lets you add to cart. They actually are pairing you to a store’s inventory. Also the site is bot proof. They send an email confirmation and now a credit card confirmation via the web. Avoids your creditor from dropping the charge.

Only time it’s been a shit show was launch night. They had inventory till 3am central time. Just needed to keep refreshing and submit payment a bunch but it eventually worked.

I could see this being a difficult drop as it’s happening at normal hours. I got lucky a few weeks back when they did a 3 or 4 am drop.

if you want to see if your store has stock, search ps5 console then click the button in the upper left that says "in stock at xxx" I did this and it shows the base disc console and 3 disc bundles in stock. i dont know if this is definitive, but it seems pretty telling that when you click the button for in stock at a store it filters down to specific items. this is on the app.
Interesting. I see the disc PS5 and 5 bundles when I do this.

Is this the Best Buy app? I see none of this. I’m on iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does not bode well for me, when I do that the only results are a headset and 3 external hard drives.

I get both base systems and 5 separate bundles. Doing the same with Xbox shows me the Series S and two series S bundles. No X's apparently.

So if my store isn’t showing any does they mean I don’t have wake up at 8
I think this is a reasonable conclusion. I have a strong suspicion that BestBuy is going to operate today's drop just like it did on 11/22 (since it worked well and wasn't a complete fustercluck, unlike all other online drops). It also makes sense that a second layer of inventory control is being used through individual store locations having limited product.

However, unlike the 11/22 drop where items had to be shipped to the store for pickup about 5 days later, I'm going to wager that successful orders will be available today for store pickup and that stores (which have inventory) will be able to immediately make them available for pickup at store opening. Not only does this make sense in terms of the behind-the-scenes logistics and coordinated release that appear to have been going on for weeks, but it's also safe to assume that every store's inventory will be 'sold' well before store opening and, thus, unavailable to walk-in patrons.

My store is showing inventory for bundles and individual consoles, so that’s good. (It’s also the store closest to Best Buy’s corporate HQ, so not a huge shocker there.)

We will see how it goes at 8am...

My store is showing inventory for bundles and individual consoles, so that’s good. (It’s also the store closest to Best Buy’s corporate HQ, so not a huge shocker there.)

We will see how it goes at 8am...

It's going to go the same as always...people getting them for their "cousins", "co-worker's kid", "siblings with cancer whose make a wish is a PS5", "the little ones at the local orphanage".  And none of them will show up on Ebay or Craigslist.  Not a one.  

It's going to go the same as always...people getting them for their "cousins", "co-worker's kid", "siblings with cancer whose make a wish is a PS5", "the little ones at the local orphanage". And none of them will show up on Ebay or Craiglist. Not a one.
Well, isn't this post just the ray of sunshine that I was looking for on a Tuesday morning! Thank you!

Gook. Luck guys!!! Bb should have done another surprise drop. Now you got everyone and their mothers refreshing the website every second.

i saw and add to cart button, upushed it and then it went to "requires additional step" but of course nothing happened.

seems dead.  congrats bots!

It could also be that they are rolling out inventory based on location.  However, I recognize that this is probably reaching.

you guys must be really desperate to play spiderman... I just wanted to buy Nier cause its back in stock at BBY and the site crashed.
To be fair Spider-Man mm and the remaster are great games. The last 3rd of mm is truly next gen. I’m sure it had to be dumbed down on ps4. Also a lot of ps4 games just play better on ps5. Generally if the game lacks a frame cap it will run crazy fast on ps5. Graphics too usually stay on the higher side consistently. GOT is a more enjoyable game on ps5.

To be fair Spider-Man mm and the remaster are great games. The last 3rd of mm is truly next gen. I’m sure it had to be dumbed down on ps4. Also a lot of ps4 games just play better on ps5. Generally if the game lacks a frame cap it will run crazy fast on ps5. Graphics too usually stay on the higher side consistently. GOT is a more enjoyable game on ps5.
Yeh, i'm good. I can wait another couple years.

bread's done
Back