Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Personally, I don't think that this is close to over. 

The app-tracked store inventory hasn't changed since last night, and there hasn't even been one moment where (at my location) the message has changed from Coming Soon to anything else.  BestBuy is generally quite rigid with the use of their Sold Out designation - when you see that, the jig is up (at least for now). 

I'm going to continue on with my day working from home and will continue to monitor the site - I'm fairly confident that we'll see some changes & action today, at some point. 

pretty close to zero unless they have a random ordered one that got cancelled because they have consistently said they wont be selling them in store until 2021 and stores only get them if there is an order for it.
To be fair, Walmart and Target said this exact same thing, and apparently people have randomly been finding them in stock there.

Walmart changed it the other day to online only again.
Only because people were using Brickseek to track inventory and creating grief for stores and employees. I think their official policy will be “online only” while the reality will be that stores will just be told to pull them out onto the floor on a random weekday afternoon when the store is dead

I'm still randomly updating. Had a new PS5 banner appear at the top of the page, that hasn't been there before. Maybe they're updating, or maybe their site isn't getting hammered as much and everything is loading...

I'm not buying it.

Look, perhaps the authors at Android Central are new to making purchases at BestBuy - who knows? However, I've got a long-standing history of being able to secure high-demand items at BestBuy and have a pretty good understanding of the intricacies and nuances of how their system works. To date, there hasn't been a single 'must-have' item sold by BestBuy in the past decade that I've failed to secure, if I had desire to purchase it. Mind you, all of this has been done without bots or external resources (e.g. page alert sites) - just an understanding of their system.

I've been transparent in my interpretation of the current situation and expect that the product will shadow drop at some point today. Afterall, their wording in the announcement yesterday about 'after 8 am Central' was almost certainly intentionally-ambiguous. That being said, I would have been foolish to NOT try at 8 am Central, in the event that they fast-played their hand.

Have patience, padawan.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you guys say wait and refresh. Ill wait and refresh. Ive got a very deserving Kid who wants one.
Damn you’re gonna trigger that one guy that thinks you shouldn’t give your kids shit for Christmas. Makes you a bad parent to give them cool shit for Christmas deserving or not. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not buying it.

Look, perhaps the authors at Android Central are new to making purchases at BestBuy - who knows? However, I've got a long-standing history of being able to secure high-demand items at BestBuy and have a pretty good understanding of the intricacies and nuances of how their system works. To date, there hasn't been a single 'must-have' item sold by BestBuy in the past decade that I've failed to secure, if I had desire to purchase it. Mind you, all of this has been done without bots or external resources (e.g. page alert sites) - just an understanding of their system.

I've been transparent in my interpretation of the current situation and expect that the product will shadow drop at some point today. Afterall, their wording in the announcement yesterday about 'after 8 am Central' was almost certainly intentionally-ambiguous. That being said, I would have been foolish to NOT try at 8 am Central, in the event that they fast-played their hand.

Have patience, padawan.
I trust you sir

I'm not buying it.

Have patience, padawan.
Our hope rests with you Jedimaster gnugget.

I'm not buying it.

Have patience, padawan.
[attachment=35085:science.jpg]

I'm not buying it.

Have patience, padawan.
Lol. Ok

Hmm. After toggling the In Stock switch for my local store, it went from showing all different PS5 systems and bundles and accessories to showing nothing but two external drives. 

I hope that doesn't mean I've been hitting refresh for hours for nothing. 

Curious, where did the original info regarding a BestBuy restock today come from? Maybe they decided against dropping it at an announced time and will go with a random drop instead on a later date.

Curious, where did the original info regarding a BestBuy restock today come from? Maybe they decided against dropping it at an announced time and will go with a random drop instead on a later date.
Best Buy themselves. Both a blog post and twitter post

I recall seeing a leaked announcement sometime over the weekend (Sunday?). However, BestBuy themselves posted the announcement yesterday.

One thing I keep seeing is people saying the bundles did go instock. That seems possible since, tbh, I wasn't paying attention to those. Still don't get why it would say coming soon if everything is oos though. BB usually says out of stock if it's out of stock.

One thing I keep seeing is people saying the bundles did go instock. That seems possible since, tbh, I wasn't paying attention to those. Still don't get why it would say coming soon if everything is oos though. BB usually says out of stock if it's out of stock.
The bundles definitely did not go in stock for me. I was actually focusing more on the bundles cause I thought those would last longer.

Sounds like this was a terrible drop. Good luck on the next. If I had to guess not a lot of inventory and priorities were on the bundles.

I kept getting the miles morales bundle add to cart. But it never completed.

WIsh my aunt had told me a month ago my cousin wanted a Xbox X. They were actually pretty easy to get then. Had multiple opportunities I didn't take. Unlike the ps5.

What link say:

More Gaming Consoles, 3-Day Sale Arrive Dec. 15

KATIE HUGGINSSTAFF WRITER
This week is your chance to become the ultimate holiday hero — and to score big on some deals, too!

It all starts Dec. 15, when we will restock our online inventory of this year’s coveted PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles. They will go live sometime after 8 a.m. Central Time.

You don’t even have to change out of your pajamas because these consoles will be sold online only. Get your completed order only through curbside pickup.  

That same day, we’re also kicking off our 3-Day Sale, featuring thousands of deals on your favorite tech, including TVs, laptops headphones and more. Head over to BestBuy.com to check it out.

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/source-best-buy-major-playstation-5-ps5-drop-sale-on-15-december/

BEST-BUY-MEMO.jpg

Add to Cart button finally lit up for me on the standalone disc version. Im at the "one more step" process now.

My button says waiting for more inventory after clicking on add to cart. Still waiting!

bread's done
Back