Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Every time I get the add to cart button, I get a captcha to pop up. I answer it and go through it 3+ times and it goes away without adding anything to my cart. It has done this over and over and over. It will not just add to cart at all.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I have answered more captchas on this than I have in the maybe the last five years combined.
Nope, Firefox/AdBlockPlus takes care of that AFAIK. I never had one to get through.

Same here. Scored a PS5, went to get an Xbox series x and it was immediately cancelled after order placed. Seems other have stated if they got a console a month ago, and scored the other next gen console today, they were getting cancellations as well.
I got a PS5 from Walmart during preorders, and got a 2nd order today. Mine so far has not been canceled (knock on wood). I'm guessing either prior orders before today don't count, or they didn't cancel mine because I got it during the final batch at 2:40pm, hence if they canceled any from the final batch they'd have to put it back up again and didn't want to bother with doing that.

Finally”secured” a PS5. Walmart 3:40 drop.

I say “secured” as i had one ordered through kohl’s and we all know how that went. If this goes through I can finally turn off these notifications. Twitter follows with direct to cart links were the way to go:

Bestbuy was a disaster. Couldn't go from PS5 in cart to checkout without error after error until message of no stock in 250mi

Can't believe it ended up being Walmart of all places where I finally got the PS5!  It showed error, out of stock message at 12noon right as it opened up but I noticed it still allowed add to cart so after refreshing for a minute finally got one. Thank god it's finally over. I was worried about a cancellation but fact they had subsequent times at 1230 means they didn't sell out of the ps5 before my order.

Bestbuy was a disaster. Couldn't go from PS5 in cart to checkout without error after error until message of no stock in 250mi

Can't believe it ended up being Walmart of all places where I finally got the PS5! It showed error, out of stock message at 12noon right as it opened up but I noticed it still allowed add to cart so after refreshing for a minute finally got one. Thank god it's finally over. I was worried about a cancellation but fact they had subsequent times at 1230 means they didn't sell out of the ps5 before my order.
I had the same BB experience. I wasted so much time changing stores. They ALL listed as in stock and NONE did. I finally got the 250 message after like 25 min of constantly changing stores. I thought once I got the verification email, I was in. By leaving us at the mercy of local stores stock, we wasted so much time. I spent almost 8 hours today looking on BB and Walmart with nothing to show for it. All BB had to do was ship out the consoles and I would have gotten one. Very frustrating experience. I live in Southern California so I thought stock would be good. I was very wrong. I got all the way to the final checkout with Walmart with a Series X and then was told out of stock. So close on both websites. I do not want to go through this again.

Mamba forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
My results

Walmart, 1x xbox x order, 4x xbox/ps5 orders canceled after successfully placing

Bestbuy, 1x series x, 1x series S, 2x pulse 3d headsets

trick is to have each page open auto reloading..

and at best by you have to use https://www.bestbuy.com/site/store-locator/ to toggle the 'your store'
If I know walmart only limit one next gen console per person, I will not buy my Series S. I have the same issue, and ordered xbox S and then xbox x order cancelled and ps5 also cancelled.

It seems Walmart is limiting one next gen console purchase per account like said in previous post. Was trying to acquire PS5/Xbox Series X for co-workers but @Walmart canceled them cause I ordered a Xbox Series S for myself. Instant cancel on PS5 & Xbox Series X.
I hope they will do it like Black Friday error below...my friend got second chance to order on Black Friday because of the error.

Thank you for your interest in ordering the PlayStation 5.
Unfortunately, the PlayStation 5 was cancelled from the order listed below in error. We know this is a poor customer experience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
We want to make sure you don’t miss out on the Black Friday deal so we will be sending you a follow-up email in the next 48 hours with instructions on how you can place a new order (limit 1 item per customer).
This is not the level of service we wish to provide you and we will work towards a better experience.

I hope they will do it like Black Friday error below...my friend got second chance to order on Black Friday because of the error.

Thank you for your interest in ordering the PlayStation 5.
Unfortunately, the PlayStation 5 was cancelled from the order listed below in error. We know this is a poor customer experience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
We want to make sure you don’t miss out on the Black Friday deal so we will be sending you a follow-up email in the next 48 hours with instructions on how you can place a new order (limit 1 item per customer).
This is not the level of service we wish to provide you and we will work towards a better experience.
Nvm. Didn’t read it was Black Friday.

That's dumb Walmart cancels new orders if you ordered a next gen system before. You can't get a Xbox Series X as well as a PS5? They are different systems. Not like you are ordering the same damn system twice.

That's dumb Walmart cancels new orders if you ordered a next gen system before. You can't get a Xbox Series X as well as a PS5? They are different systems. Not like you are ordering the same damn system twice.
Yup that’s a fucking dumb policy. I could see if you bought multiples of each but not 1 or the other. Some people buy systems as gifts too.

2nd day in a row FedEx failed to deliver my Sony Direct Ps5. "Weather delay" yesterday...it rained some. Today no updates at all except changing from scheduled delivery of today to Pending. Tomorrow going to actual snow storm so assuming it's not just stolen, I might be out of luck for a while. Sigh.

I got so God damn lucky today. I had a PS5 in my cart from a drop from a couple of weeks ago. Apparently it never got removed from my cart in the app. So, in the chaos of the site crashing, I opened the app and saw that it was still there. It let me checkout with no crashes, no slowdown, no issues at all. I will apparently receive it by 01/12/2021. This light be a good method for others to try if they manage to keep one on cart, on the app, from today's nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I got so God damn lucky today. I had a PS5 in my cart from a drop from a couple of weeks ago. Apparently it never got removed from my cart in the app. So, in the chaos of the site crashing, I opened the app and saw that it was still there. It let me checkout with no crashes, no slowdown, no issues at all. I will apparently receive it by 01/12/2021. This light be a good method for others to try if they manage to keep one on cart, on the app, from today's nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I had 3 different skus at random times in my cart but I could not get another bundle when I already had one in my cart so I had to remove in order to be able to try for a different SKU. Just added to the chaos of today. I won't do what I did today ever again. Total waste of time.

My first Xbox Series S got canceled from walmart as well.....I placed 3 orders with walmart and all 3 orders got cancelled. 

I chat with walmart agent and he said series X is on demand item...they have to cancel when out of stock and tell me check back later.

Unfortunately, we have had to delay or cancel some orders due to variability in item stock. We apologize for any inconvenience. We don’t have additional information on when items will be back in stock, but you can continue to check items on the site/app for updates. Our commitment remains focused to support our customers and communities.

I never order any consoles...in walmart. 

12:28 PST Series S ordered but got cancelled without any email notification after I check right now in walmart.com at 6pm

12:35 PST Series X ordered but got cancelled right away due to quantity message

12:43 PST PS5 ordered but got cancelled right away due to quantity message

2nd day in a row FedEx failed to deliver my Sony Direct Ps5. "Weather delay" yesterday...it rained some. Today no updates at all except changing from scheduled delivery of today to Pending. Tomorrow going to actual snow storm so assuming it's not just stolen, I might be out of luck for a while. Sigh.
If it's in your area, you can tell them to hold it and pick it up.

My first Xbox Series S got canceled from walmart as well.....I placed 3 orders with walmart and all 3 orders got cancelled.
I chat with walmart agent and he said series X is on demand item...they have to cancel when out of stock and tell me check back later.

Unfortunately, we have had to delay or cancel some orders due to variability in item stock. We apologize for any inconvenience. We don’t have additional information on when items will be back in stock, but you can continue to check items on the site/app for updates. Our commitment remains focused to support our customers and communities.

I never order any consoles...in walmart.

12:28 PST Series S ordered but got cancelled without any email notification after I check right now in walmart.com at 6pm
12:35 PST Series X ordered but got cancelled right away due to quantity message
12:43 PST PS5 ordered but got cancelled right away due to quantity message
You got f’ed in the a.

Was able to snag one from bestbuy I was getting an error on phone so started using laptop too so with both their powers combined it went through for curbside. I even set my alarm for 9am but overslept and woke up almost 12 noon and got in on it lol good job bestbuy. They knew there would be so much traffic since they announced the time and people streaming like jake Paul I heard.

Got one from Walmart, there was so many captchas that wouldn’t end on my laptop so I used my phone as well and got through after a couple of errors. Bestbuy and Walmart handled this nicely. Combatting bots and scalpers who order more than one. That’s how it should be, that way people can actually get them and scalper prices won’t go up. Happy for those who got one. Have a nice Christmas

Better than the 3D audio ? Or is that just Sony propaganda
Doing research on which wireless headset to get I found that 3D audio works with every headset as long as it connects through USB or 3.5mm audio jack.

How is the wireless? I’ve tried some wireless and damn the interference and crackling kill me. You get that with the Arctis?

I only use headsets at night when wife is trying to sleep. I don’t really do MP and all that jazz. Just need them to sound good and not crackle and shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wireless has been good, no dropped audio or any kind of interference/crackling and that's with me using them around a baby monitor.

Doing research on which wireless headset to get I found that 3D audio works with every headset as long as it connects through USB or 3.5mm audio jack.

Wireless has been good, no dropped audio or any kind of interference/crackling and that's with me using them around a baby monitor.
Awesome. Thanks for the head up. Now to wait for a good sale price.

Awesome. Thanks for the head up. Now to wait for a good sale price.

I was gonna order the new 3D pulse but I really don’t like the design- and I’ve always greatly preferred white headphones. I think I’ll pick up the Steelseries Arctis 7P in white eventually- really like the look of those.

I was gonna order the new 3D pulse but I really don’t like the design- and I’ve always greatly preferred white headphones. I think I’ll pick up the Steelseries Arctis 7P in white eventually- really like the look of those.
Could always roll with those Airpod Max cans in silver and white :)

Correct sir! Good info to share. Sadly Sony has yet to enable this feature on sound bars and home theater systems. Sad as I’ve heard it’s more impressive than Dolby atmos and dtsx. Currently the only game play output the ps5 does is regular Dolby/dts...nearly 20+ year old formats. Pretty dumb.

I’m an Apple fan and even I think those headphones are for morons.
Why? They are a high end set of wireless cans. Priced similarly to things of the same quality and built much nicer. Personally wouldn’t buy expensive headphones in general but they’re priced the same as something in the mid range of high end. Some headphones can be four to five figures in price.

Direct queue is live. This time it's completely random. When the countdown reaches zero, you get a random spot in line.

I guess it depends on how they do it, but I entered with 30 min to go and as soon as the Queue went live my wait is already over an hour. Hopefully other are luckier...

I tried my luck and my wait time started at 11 minutes...quickly went down to 5 minutes...then 1 minute...then re-directed me to the store. Disappointment awaited as it said "sold out" on the page it sent me to. Yet, 10 minutes later (as of this post) there is still a queue letting people in. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The quest continues...

Finally got my ps5 costco bundle today, box was in bad shape and even ps5 box was dented and seal tape was kind of off, quickly opened to see if ps5 is in there, it's there now have to check if it turns on, looked like someone as ups was mad and threw away my delivery box

Finally got my ps5 costco bundle today, box was in bad shape and even ps5 box was dented and seal tape was kind of off, quickly opened to see if ps5 is in there, it's there now have to check if it turns on, looked like someone as ups was mad and threw away my delivery box

Got a PS5 digital !!!

Wanted a disc version though 😢
Use it and sell it as soon as you find a disk version. Should be worth around 800-900 bucks open. Sold my open ps5 disk for $850...and I’m sure I could have gotten more.

Why? They are a high end set of wireless cans. Priced similarly to things of the same quality and built much nicer. Personally wouldn’t buy expensive headphones in general but they’re priced the same as something in the mid range of high end. Some headphones can be four to five figures in price.
They are overpriced for the market they would appeal to. They check a lot of unnecessary boxes that dabble in the realm of studio grade, but at that point you're well into wanting amps and backless to care about these. Also, they're metal which drives both the price up and--the weight. They're apparently very comfortable thanks to over ear/mesh band design but still weigh on your neck. It's the reason why cans in this range are all plastic.

Also, they're always on. . .unless you put them in that absolutely stupid case provided. All these things drive up the price for what is completely unnecessary, or just done better. Now, are they any good? Yep. Could you get a similar experience from half the price with the same degree of noise canceling? Yep.

They are overpriced for the market they would appeal to. They check a lot of unnecessary boxes that dabble in the realm of studio grade, but at that point you're well into wanting amps and backless to care about these. Also, they're metal which drives both the price up and--the weight. They're apparently very comfortable thanks to over ear/mesh band design but still weigh on your neck. It's the reason why cans in this range are all plastic.

Also, they're always on. . .unless you put them in that absolutely stupid case provided. All these things drive up the price for what is completely unnecessary, or just done better. Now, are they any good? Yep. Could you get a similar experience from half the price with the same degree of noise canceling? Yep.
Pretty much every review has said they sound better than those Sonys and is built better. I think they’re targeting a level or two up in headphones like competing with more niche brands.

While cool the AirPod Maxs are hardly studio grade. If they were they’d need to be connected to an amp or tube amp. Most studio cans that really are studio grade cost a whole lot more than even 1k.

I’m pretty into avr stuff. My sound system costs as much as a cheap car and I wouldn’t ever say it’s reference grade...because it’s not. While I did buy stuff that was marketed as reference quality I know better. A real reference quality system costs 20k-100k and sounds so much better.

I think reference grade and studio quality gets thrown around too much in that industry and it makes people not really understand pricing and difference in quality.

bread's done
Back