Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Heads up, regional Targets have the PS5 in-stock online for in-store pickup. I got an order through at my local So Cal Target. Hope they don't cancel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. After 25 min or so of trying to check out by having to switch to different stores even though every single one said it was in stock, I finally was able to get a disc PS5.

Yep. After 25 min or so of trying to check out by having to switch to different stores even though every single one said it was in stock, I finally was able to get a disc PS5.
one of my orders were cancelled, went to the store ASAP and asked them to process it right then but no luck. I waited about 20 minutes and came back and spoke with mgr at that time the order changed in front of us. Tad frustrating knowing it was possible it would cancel. The other orders went through though.

I was up and ready for target today and I still wasn’t able to grab one. Every time I checked out it would fail at checkout. Try again over and over and then out of stock. Switch store and repeat.

I just can’t ever get to check out with these things.

I was up and ready for target today and I still wasn’t able to grab one. Every time I checked out it would fail at checkout. Try again over and over and then out of stock. Switch store and repeat.

I just can’t ever get to check out with these things.
It's because Target got botted.

i got one! finally, pickup on sunday

never mind, cancelled

got another one, different store, waiting on cancellation

cancelled

My Target order got through and is ready for pick-up. Just random chance I happened to be awake at the right time. Still took about 30 minutes of refreshing the shopping cart and spamming the order button to get the confirmation message.

Have a PS5 in my cart at Best Buy but no pick up available around me so can't check out?  I thought they ship to the store for in-store pickups.

Have a PS5 in my cart at Best Buy but no pick up available around me so can't check out? I thought they ship to the store for in-store pickups.
Correct, it must be available in store near you. Really sucks they won't ship to store. Had same issue last time where I added to cart but each location that showed stock kept disappearing to point where it finally said no stock in 250 miles so I couldn't buy it.

Was in my cart available at my store clicked checkout then said 200 miles away.... okay ... then nowhere within 250 miles

Looking more and more like next year.

I still don't understand the Best Buy drops. You click add to cart and it says I gotta click again when they add inventory. I sit there staring at it for 15-20 minutes and it never goes yellow. Then they're all sold out. Am I supposed to be refreshing or something?

Lucked out and had a PS5 in my cart still from the last drop. Checkout was quick and easy, won’t have it on Christmas Day probably, but pick up is scheduled for the 26th.

I still don't understand the Best Buy drops. You click add to cart and it says I gotta click again when they add inventory. I sit there staring at it for 15-20 minutes and it never goes yellow. Then they're all sold out. Am I supposed to be refreshing or something?
Honestly I keep refreshing till I get the yellow. Also sometimes that feature isn’t enabled. When I got my ps5 and xsx on the same day it wasn’t enabled for the ps5, but was for the Xbox. Dropped 30 mins from each other at like 3am a few weeks back.

My walmart ps5 order from dec 15 just shipped. It was originally set to arrive Jan 9 but FedEx tracking now says this Saturday dec 26. Not bad, glad I was able to get one before the new year.

My walmart ps5 order from dec 15 just shipped. It was originally set to arrive Jan 9 but FedEx tracking now says this Saturday dec 26. Not bad, glad I was able to get one before the new year.
I hope I get lucky too. I was in the first wave from walmart on dec 15th and it still has not updated on website, says tracking available soon since I placed the order. Which state are you in? I'm in California and I'm wondering if west coast is delayed.

My order email says 3:13pm on the 15th. Scheduled to arrive on the 24th from NC to CT.

My order email says 3:13pm on the 15th. Scheduled to arrive on the 24th from NC to CT.
My order from the 15th switched from a delivery date of 1/9/21 to 12/24/20 to 12/22/20. Christmas will be merrier this year.

I also got a new XBOX-X via the Best Buy drop from this afternoon. It was far easier than previous BB drops. I just waited for the button to turn yellow and I clicked on it. From there, I selected my store. I had to re-log in and then verify my credit card...and the order still went through without a problem. I assume once you get to a certain point in the transaction Best Buy holds your console until you finish up?

My Walmart PS5 order from the 15th was from the second wave at 3:23pm.  Still no update, shows it should arrive by 1/8 still.  Have yet to see payment go through on my card, but also nothing from my card about suspicious activity or anything.

I've seen multiple people who's PS5s were estimated to arrive later than mine be updated to arriving this week, but I have no idea if any of them were from waves after the first.

My Walmart PS5 order from the 15th was from the second wave at 3:23pm. Still no update, shows it should arrive by 1/8 still. Have yet to see payment go through on my card, but also nothing from my card about suspicious activity or anything.

I've seen multiple people who's PS5s were estimated to arrive later than mine be updated to arriving this week, but I have no idea if any of them were from waves after the first.
I got mine from the 3:40 wave on the 15th and still no shipping confirmation FWIW.

I got mine from the 3:40 wave on the 15th and still no shipping confirmation FWIW.
Today? I bought the Series X on the 17th with the first 12pm wave. Still in preparing to ship. I mean, I don't really go anywhere but I don't want to be sleeping or at the grocery store and come home to a missed you slip because fed ex came without warning. I think Walmart ships out Fed Ex. I have the app and there is no info about any package to me on it.

Honestly if only retailers like target would combat bots like bestbuy, then people would actually get their ps5s and not cancelled. I’m guessing it’s cuz of too many bots that people aren’t able to checkout

Today? I bought the Series X on the 17th with the first 12pm wave. Still in preparing to ship. I mean, I don't really go anywhere but I don't want to be sleeping or at the grocery store and come home to a missed you slip because fed ex came without warning. I think Walmart ships out Fed Ex. I have the app and there is no info about any package to me on it.
I should have been clearer. I don't have it in hand, only on order, but I have not received a shipping notice yet. Not even through the Fedex delivery manager. However, others have received shipping confirmations from that drop.

https://twitter.com/RaZe_DJ2/status/1340820178398023682

https://twitter.com/SupplyNinja/status/1341041486687776770

I should have been clearer. I don't have it in hand, only on order, but I have not received a shipping notice yet. Not even through the Fedex delivery manager. However, others have received shipping confirmations from that drop.

https://twitter.com/RaZe_DJ2/status/1340820178398023682

https://twitter.com/SupplyNinja/status/1341041486687776770
My Series X finally shipped out. FedEx app says I should get it on the 26th. I called Walmart yesterday to ask them what was going on with my order and today it's shipped out. Not sure if that is a coincidence but it's worth a shot to anyone that was in the same boat as me.

FYI, now that the Christmas window to ship these has closed, prices are cratering as people get desperate to sell on eBay so I suspect these may start to trickle back to retailers as returns come in next month. If you held out this long, chances are you won’t have to wait too much longer.

FYI, now that the Christmas window to ship these has closed, prices are cratering as people get desperate to sell on eBay so I suspect these may start to trickle back to retailers as returns come in next month. If you held out this long, chances are you won’t have to wait too much longer.
Prices will fall but it will be still sell for a profit for a while. The demand will not just dry up. Any returns will be snatched up immediately.

Prices will fall but it will be still sell for a profit for a while. The demand will not just dry up. Any returns will be snatched up immediately.
All depends how steady the flow of released consoles is. Just two weeks ago PS5 peaked at $1100 and now have nose-dived to $800. That’s where Xbox had held steady for months but people are shaken and it’s dipping below $700. That’s rock-bottom for any profit past $700 so demand is drying up.

All depends how steady the flow of released consoles is. Just two weeks ago PS5 peaked at $1100 and now have nose-dived to $800. That’s where Xbox had held steady for months but people are shaken and it’s dipping below $700. That’s rock-bottom for any profit past $700 so demand is drying up.
The PS5 is different beast. Sony has been short changing Europe. I think we've been getting the majority of the stock, that has to change at some point but we'll see. If restocks continue at the pace they were this past week, People will just wait it out. But I still think at least until February, it will be profitable to flip.

The PS5 is different beast. Sony has been short changing Europe. I think we've been getting the majority of the stock, that has to change at some point but we'll see. If restocks continue at the pace they were this past week, People will just wait it out. But I still think at least until February, it will be profitable to flip.
By April all the flipping and scalping hype will die down. The ps5 launch reminds me a lot of the ps2’s launch and scarcity. Took till about April to find them sporadically in stores and after that you could usually walk in and find one. The going price on eBay for a disc version is like 850-900 and falling.

By April all the flipping and scalping hype will die down. The ps5 launch reminds me a lot of the ps2’s launch and scarcity. Took till about April to find them sporadically in stores and after that you could usually walk in and find one.
Yup. Some people are going to be putting stimulus money and tax returns to these as well. Spring sounds about right.

My Series X finally shipped out. FedEx app says I should get it on the 26th. I called Walmart yesterday to ask them what was going on with my order and today it's shipped out. Not sure if that is a coincidence but it's worth a shot to anyone that was in the same boat as me.
Was Your PS5 a digital or a disk?

Tax return season is around the corner so I feel people will still be willing to pay a premium for a little while longer.

They are all going for $800-$1000 for me locally on offer up. The cheapest I've ever seen sold was $750. Not sure what demand is but the price is still high.

Im ok paying retail price for the console. Rather have to wait than contribute to the problem. F$&# scalpers

Hold strong my people the time is drawing near when these resellers will have to make the choice to return them to the store or eat the cost..

I see a flood of returns in the next month.

Prices are still too high on Ebay. Most of the digital edition PS5's are going for around a $1000. The disc based PS5's are around $1500.
Because christmas hasn’t come yet.

I expect scalping and somewhat high prices until close to March, but I also expect scalping prices to drop dramatically first or second week in January.

If you don’t get one before Christmas, just wait it out.

Prices are still too high on Ebay. Most of the digital edition PS5's are going for around a $1000. The disc based PS5's are around $1500.
Nope not really. Seen them close at action around 900-1000 disc. Those 1500 buy it now units won’t sell.

bread's done
Back