Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I would think demand is down some just from it being after Christmas, hopefully, making scalpers less interested. I don't think you'll be able to get them in most stores until online stock and availability increases a good amount. Hopefully, over the next month or at most two.

Most stores don't want to carry it because they don't want large gatherings due to COVID. New generation hype, manufacturing slowness/complications (probably due to COVID), higher than expected demand (probably due to more people playing games than usual...again COVID related), and bots/scalpers buying up a good chunk of the stock has made this the perfect shit storm. Same thing is happening with computer video cards and processors.
It is completely random for the queue. My wife opened 3 windows before telling me to. So she had 3 windows open to be in the queue to see how long it would take for each one and I also had 3 windows open. All of us showed over an hour wait when it first started but mine counted down faster. By the time I was allowed in, she still had like 40 minutes wait time. I bought 1 and then closed out, eventually she got the notice that they were sold out which is fine because I got one and we just wanted to see how quickly that one would count down. It is a frustrating system but one that seems necessary to keep bots and resellers out.

It is completely random for the queue. My wife opened 3 windows before telling me to. So she had 3 windows open to be in the queue to see how long it would take for each one and I also had 3 windows open. All of us showed over an hour wait when it first started but mine counted down faster. By the time I was allowed in, she still had like 40 minutes wait time. I bought 1 and then closed out, eventually she got the notice that they were sold out which is fine because I got one and we just wanted to see how quickly that one would count down. It is a frustrating system but one that seems necessary to keep bots and resellers out.
I think it’s a reasonable system- I’ve been smarting almost every time they’ve had them on ps direct and every single time, except for one, I never had less than an hour. Once I got to 0 and it said entering the store or whatever only to reset itself.

Haven't seen anyone else mention this, but I got my Gamestop PS5 bundle delivered today. Well everything except the NBA game.

Very pleasant surprise since my understanding was it wouldn't be delivered until Jan 5th.
That's awesome. I wish my bundle would ship early too: still in 'preparing for shipment' status.

My son woke me up around 6 and I even checked to see if it was available. I must've just missed it or been too early. I was able to get an Xbox though.

Was up at Amazon but the bots snapped them all up, wish Amazon would have a queue system.
Not all the bots. I finally snagged one. Mashed the F out of “move to cart” and then “checkout” until it went through. Took a couple minutes.

Unless it gets canceled, I finally have one for myself. I had MY Walmart order get canceled, but another Walmart order I made through my wife’s email went through. That arrives tomorrow and is going to my cousin for her kid for Christmas. Had 2 kohl’s orders get canceled but that was a win win right there.

By all means I mean this as a legitimate question... is there any reason to own a PS5 now besides to play PS4 games a little smoother and quicker? I have had several opportunities to get one through preorder phases and all, and yet I keep talking myself out of it until v2 or at least a holiday bundle and lots of firmware updates. Then by then hopefully a 2TB HD is standard.
Demon's Souls. That was it for me. Any other 3rd party games will look fantastic on it as well. Otherwise I'm waiting for all these promised free game updates to play last gen exclusives on it.

hey sony!   I want my PS5 launch games!  

Where is my Ratchet&Clank?    Where is my Horizon Zero Dawn 2 / Forbidden West?     Scarlet Nexus?      God of War Ragnarok?     Uncharted 5?

I played Miles Morales, great title, and am currently going through SackboyBigAdventure ( great)   

Has anyone ever been successful with an initial "more than an hour" wait time in the queue?
Yup, I had it initially when I got mine and it jumped to 30'ish minutes maybe 15 min after? Just my experience and I ended up getting one before Christmas and it was delivered in two days.

Has anyone ever been successful with an initial "more than an hour" wait time in the queue?
Yes I got one yesterday where I had 3 chrome browser windows up in the queue and all initially said more than an hour, after a few minutes they dropped down to 43-45 minutes and kept dropping. I am pretty sure it is random on IP address.

hey sony! I want my PS5 launch games!

Where is my Ratchet&Clank? Where is my Horizon Zero Dawn 2 / Forbidden West? Scarlet Nexus? God of War Ragnarok? Uncharted 5?

I played Miles Morales, great title, and am currently going through SackboyBigAdventure ( great)
None of that was announced as launch games. Why would you expect them to be launch games when they just aren't?

None of that was announced as launch games. Why would you expect them to be launch games when they just aren't?
Don't feed the troll. A quick look at his post history shows that. He jumps in this thread and makes a dumb comment towards PS5 then he immediately jumps in the Xbox thread to ball hug the Series X. He's been at it since both consoles launched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't feed the troll. A quick look at his post history shows that. He jumps in this thread and makes a dumb comment towards PS5 then he immediately jumps in the Xbox thread to ball hug the Series X. He's been at it since both consoles launched.
He should be asking where the Xbox games are instead.

He should be asking where the Xbox games are instead.
This is definitely true. There is no killer launch game like Astrobot or Miles Morales. I'm enjoying my Series X simply because my BC and Game Pass games look better and load faster than One X. I'll definitely get PS5 when there is a redesign.

think by end of jan to feb you should be able to walk in to bestbuy to pick one up.  Xmas is over, hype is dying down and really no upcoming games least till the summer.

My Walmart pS5 order (12/15 or 12/14, I forget) arrived today. That ones going to my cousin for her kid for Christmas. The one I ordered from Amazon for myself yesterday is supposed to arrive Monday- let’s hope that one doesn’t get canceled.

For the heck of it I looked at eBay to see where they are at right now and saw the least three sell for under $800, one had a controller.  

I did purchase Hades on my Switch, fun game so far.

For the heck of it I looked at eBay to see where they are at right now and saw the least three sell for under $800, one had a controller.

I did purchase Hades on my Switch, fun game so far.
They are definitely going to be extremely hard to guess for a while still- I think reality is March, but at least through January. The average person isn’t going to be able to buy one in a store or online whenever they want for awhile.

But because Christmas has passed, the prices will go down a lot and the demand will start dropping.

They are definitely going to be extremely hard to guess for a while still- I think reality is March, but at least through January. The average person isn’t going to be able to buy one in a store or online whenever they want for awhile.

But because Christmas has passed, the prices will go down a lot and the demand will start dropping.
We can't say that for sure. 2021 stimulus check is gonna jack up the price back to pre-xmas, esp those who didn't get one as a gift....

People already got their stimulus as early as yesterday. My brother sold a digital console for $850 yesterday, a disc version for $900 locally with no middle man involved the other day so people are still desperate.

think by end of jan to feb you should be able to walk in to bestbuy to pick one up. Xmas is over, hype is dying down and really no upcoming games least till the summer.
Think that's a bit optimistic... but hopefully. I'm glad people are waiting opposed to buying from scalpers for the most part. Everything still selling as soon as it's released. No sense paying double from a scalper, especially since anything you can play on a 5 can be played on a 4, minus Astro's Playroom. I think around May / Summer the stock position will be much better. Limited; but certainly not as hard.

My 12/15 disc from Walmart arrived yesterday in a huge box. It was heavy. Thought it was going to be filled with bricks, but everything was intact and no damage. Ordered an extra controller from amazon. Now I just need to find the official charger. Also, found that 1200 dollar stimulus pending in my account, so my PS5 won't cost me a thing..........yet.

Edit: Forget the official charger. I went with this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NKB1FGH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Gamestop order that was suppose to deliver Jan 05 and still say's preparing for shipping on the website..delivered this morning!

My amazon ps5 that I ordered this week just changed to shipped. Set to arrive Monday. The Walmart one I ordered for my cousin arrived yesterday in a massive box.

My Sony Direct PS5 from Monday just arrived.  Excited to set it up. 

Lucky I was at home and paying attention...a few people on our neighborhood site complained about stolen packages right around when my was delivered...man would I have been pissed.

For the people that have PS5s, are the games that much faster/better looking/etc. on the PS5?  I'm looking at some of the games in my backlog, and thinking I'd be better off playing them on a PS5 whenever I get one.  I have a basic PS4 and looking at some of these games that I know will have tons of load screens or have PS5 upgrades, it makes me want to put them off for now.  How big is the difference?

For the people that have PS5s, are the games that much faster/better looking/etc. on the PS5? I'm looking at some of the games in my backlog, and thinking I'd be better off playing them on a PS5 whenever I get one. I have a basic PS4 and looking at some of these games that I know will have tons of load screens or have PS5 upgrades, it makes me want to put them off for now. How big is the difference?
In almost all cases the same or better on ps5 with regards to loading. Ps4 games. All real ps5 games load so much faster than ps4 games, even the patched ones like got.

For the people that have PS5s, are the games that much faster/better looking/etc. on the PS5? I'm looking at some of the games in my backlog, and thinking I'd be better off playing them on a PS5 whenever I get one. I have a basic PS4 and looking at some of these games that I know will have tons of load screens or have PS5 upgrades, it makes me want to put them off for now. How big is the difference?
The games that haven't been specifically patched for the PS5 mostly run as they do on the PS4 Pro, with the added benefit of faster loading times. Some games without a locked FPS will benefit from higher FPS as well.

I just upgraded from a base PS4. This one was one of main reasons I went ahead and got one, as I figured I'll get at least that boost from most games. On the Xbox side, I have the One X, so I have decided to hold off on getting the Series X for now, as while it's still an upgrade, I don't feel it's as necessary and there's nothing I can't play at very acceptable levels.

I don’t get why people upgrade to a ps5 from PS4 pro when they’re still using a 1080p tv. First upgrade ur tv. I upgrade from a base ps4 (launch) and 1080p tv to LG CX 4K tv and ps5. It’s like a whole new experience but now I’m getting used to it n hurts my eyes sometimes lol pretty sure my vision would just get worse n worse. I have it in the bedroom now so it’s close to me and can’t connect directly to my modem so wifi 6 comes in handy. I need to get a wifi 6 range extender soon tho.

I have a 65" Sony 950G 4K LED TV and while it made the PS4 Pro look great, there is a slight improvement in the PS5. If you are coming from a 1080p set to a 4K with the PS5, you will be blown away. I can tell the difference but its not light years ahead compared to what I had with the pro. Yeah, the frame rate and fast loading on PS5 are improvements, but wait until later in the life cycle when developers get the most out of the PS5. By then, I will probably have a 8K TV but I don't see any games really taking advantage of that to its fullest during this new generation. I will be happy if they get consistent 4K at 120 FPS, but it most likely will be at 60 FPS. I could be wrong though.

I just noticed that the PS5 shows you how long you've played each games. Sony kicks ass for adding that feature. Looks like I'll be buying my multiplats on PS5 instead of the Series X for that alone because it's fun to see how long you've played games, especially online ones.
I’ve never once cared about how long I’ve played a game. I especially don’t understand how looking at that is “fun.” Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's funny about that? There's some people that don't care about trophies or stats or anything like that but there's also plenty of people that do.
I understand and in the same way there are people that find people like that funny. It’s hilarious to picture someone looking at how much time they’ve played a game and having “fun” doing that. Not what I would consider fun but people find fun in all sorts of weird things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back