Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

So I’m guessing the hyperx flight s is the best hyperx headset for ps5? Does the surround sound help with the 3D audio for hearing exactly where footsteps are coming from in a shooting game?

I’m trying to decide between the best hyperx headset or razer black shark v2 pro

I have the Arctis 7X and it's seems great so far on my XSX and PS5. 7X is the better model to get for anyone also getting an Xbox since 7X works on both, but the 7P doesn't.
It looks like the 7X is advertised for the XSX and the 7P is advertised for the PS5. Are you referring to the workaround that requires plugging into the console?

So for Best Buy which package do I select?

Edit: nvm Best Buy what a joke

Last edited by a moderator:
I just didn’t understand if some are more available than others or if they’re all the same. I only want the system really
Normally the higher cost bundle will be easier to get. I think you can remove what you don't want after your able to add the bundle to your cart at Best Buy.

I don’t really get how Best Buy is doing it but it seems like a cluster. Some stores near me show bundles in stock then you go to add them and it says sold out.

It looks like the 7X is advertised for the XSX and the 7P is advertised for the PS5. Are you referring to the workaround that requires plugging into the console?
I'm not sure what you mean here. Both the 7X and 7P come with a wireless dongle that you have to plug in to the console. It's not a workaround. The 7X dongle can also be plugged in to the PS5 so you can use the headset with it. The 7P dongle won't do anything if plugged in to the Xbox.

Steelseries is fucking junk. Steer clear of that crap.
I picked up an Arctis 7x to use with both my series x and ps5. I'm coming from Astro A50s which I still use on Xbox and PC occasionally and the Arctis are much more comfortable and sound just as well if not better. The battery life is incredible compared to the A50s. My one gripe about the headset is the low side tone on it. It's hard to hear myself speak and I have baby twins at home, so that's a bit of a concern for me. Luckily I game far enough away from where they sleep and they're somewhat heavy sleepers when it comes to my voice so it doesn't affect them too much.

the best buy que was stupid...had it in my cart but would not let me pick anystore.
I had the Add to Cart button, clicked it, and it said it was needed to go through another step. Then it showed Please Wait and never changed. At some point, I might be able to get one.

I had the Add to Cart button, clicked it, and it said it was needed to go through another step. Then it showed Please Wait and never changed. At some point, I might be able to get one.
How long is never? I got my Series X from them and it was about 20 minutes after clicking Add to Cart the first time for it to turn yellow again and proceed with the order, which then involved a code through email and a verification from the credit card company.

Tried today to get the PS5, got it in the cart then the site geeked out and never let me back to the cart to checkout.

What’s the best headset for surround sound/hearing footsteps for ps5? I heard razer black shark v2 pro is good
I grabbed a seinheiser pc37x from mass drop.

They are meant for pc but I bought a y connector to make it work with the series x controller. Just make sure it's a 3 ring y connector.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Will Playstation be doing a gran turismo or zero horizon dawn bundle in the future? I'm kind of leaning towards waiting until then to pick one up

well, gran turismo is a good bet, they had a ps2, ps3, and ps4 bundle, with the ps3 and ps4 bundles being LE

I actually had the bundle from GameStop in my cart but I couldn’t justify the extra $200+ worth of stuff (some of it I would want or need) and the fact that it was a pre-order to ship by the end of January.

Will Playstation be doing a gran turismo or zero horizon dawn bundle in the future? I'm kind of leaning towards waiting until then to pick one up

Not until demand dies. For the ps4 Sony did that kind of stuff early in its life.

I tried to order a ps5 in Best Buy but I never receive the verification code. I have been trying to click resent button for 10 times but still no luck.

I grabbed a seinheiser pc37x from mass drop.

They are meant for pc but I bought a y connector to make it work with the series x controller. Just make sure it's a 3 ring y connector.

I heard seinheiser is great for sound. Never heard of ones for gaming though

Jesus my PS5 from 12/17 Walmart finally shipped. Will arrive this Sunday. Ordered the XSX on 12/15 and it arrived 12/20. Was worried because I kept hearing about people's orders were being cancelled if you ordered both systems.

Jesus my PS5 from 12/17 Walmart finally shipped. Will arrive this Sunday. Ordered the XSX on 12/15 and it arrived 12/20. Was worried because I kept hearing about people's orders were being cancelled if you ordered both systems.
You played with fire for sure. One of the lucky ones though it turns out. I wouldn't get excited until you have it in your hands.

Got a GameStop bundle

Gonna see if I can return the extra bullshit
I would have been okay with most of it. I mean, I need an extra controller anyway. $20 Gamestop giftcard can just be used for PSN money or some other game anyway. I didn't really want Demon Souls or the $70 version of Miles. When it was sitting in my cart at almost $800, and it wasn't due to arrive until February, I decided I was good.

I would have been okay with most of it. I mean, I need an extra controller anyway. $20 Gamestop giftcard can just be used for PSN money or some other game anyway. I didn't really want Demon Souls or the $70 version of Miles. When it was sitting in my cart at almost $800, and it wasn't due to arrive until February, I decided I was good.
I got in on that bundle as well. Fine with the extra $$$ as all the extras were something I was going to buy for the system anyways. I just wish I’d get the damn confirmation email. The $0.00 pending charge has vanished from my bank account. Now I’m a bit worrisome I either entered my email address slightly wrong on accident by hurriedly trying to secure the bundle through checkout, or I got cancelled on my order.

Also, I prefer to think more optimistically on the “1/29” release date. Really hoping for somewhere between the 15-20th mark. Seems anyone who got in on the Best Buy consoles’ confirmations stated “available for pickup/delivery by 13-15th”

Crazy ps5s are going for like 750 on eBay....their literally is no margin after shipping and fees. Scalpers with inventory are fucked.

Crazy ps5s are going for like 750 on eBay....their literally is no margin after shipping and fees. Scalpers with inventory are fucked.
This is good. I mean they won’t take a loss unfortunately but I love they probably put effort into getting these to scalp for “big bucks” and it’s a bust

If $750 is no margin, how much are fees? How much is shipping?
Usually 15%. 10% eBay and 5% PayPal. When I sold my Xbox the cheapest shipping I could find cost 30-40 bucks. They’re really maybe making 50-60 bucks after all the trouble. Also you need to buy your own shipping supplies.

If you have an ebay store. Fees on a console is only 7%.

90% of ebay is now on managed payments. Again if you got a store its like 2.7% or something.

I would think most people selling all the different consoles and Graphics cards and what not would have a store.

Fees and shipping would be no more than around $100 and less with a store on a $750 sale (ship with UPS Ground to save money) even with no store. So paying around $535 with tax, that leaves a little over $100 profit on PS5. Not what it used to be, but not breaking even either.

But smart flippers would sell locally on facebook martketplace and pocket more because of no shipping or fees.

Fees and shipping would be no more than around $100 and less with a store on a $750 sale (ship with UPS Ground to save money) even with no store. So paying around $535 with tax, that leaves a little over $100 profit on PS5. Not what it used to be, but not breaking even either.

But smart flippers would sell locally on facebook martketplace and pocket more because of no shipping or fees.
I agree but it took me almost 3 weeks to sell my coil whine ps5. Their were a lot of scammers and sketchy people trying to buy on Craigslist. I waited till I found a normal dad trying to get a ps5 for his kids. Nice dude. Had a bunch of wackos I exchanged numbers with text me at all sorts of weird hours in the night.

Usually 15%. 10% eBay and 5% PayPal. When I sold my Xbox the cheapest shipping I could find cost 30-40 bucks. They’re really maybe making 50-60 bucks after all the trouble. Also you need to buy your own shipping supplies.
You don't really need to buy your own shipping supplies with this, justs ship it in the box it came it. Maybe just tape which is inexpensive in the grand scheme of things. But definitely low margins now so hopefully the scalpers stop buying them up. We all knew demand would tapper off some after the holidays.

You don't really need to buy your own shipping supplies with this, justs ship it in the box it came it. Maybe just tape which is inexpensive in the grand scheme of things. But definitely low margins now so hopefully the scalpers stop buying them up. We all knew demand would tapper off some after the holidays.
I’m not sure if you sell much on eBay but that’s a good way to get bad feedback. Most buyers what that shit double boxed.

Also if you ship in the box it came in everyone will know it’s a ps5. If it gets stollen the seller is on the hook to give a refund and absorb the value of the item.

I’m not sure if you sell much on eBay but that’s a good way to get bad feedback. Most buyers what that shit double boxed.
Also if you ship in the box it came in everyone will know it’s a ps5. If it gets stollen the seller is on the hook to give a refund and absorb the value of the item.
I think he means the shipping box it comes in if delivered. Of course, your response is valid if it is a store pickup.

I think he means the shipping box it comes in if delivered. Of course, your response is valid if it is a store pickup.
Yeah sorry, talking about the shipping box. Would be dumb to slap a label on a PS5 box.

I sold locally via Facebook Marketplace / OfferUp and while you get lots of low-balls and troll messages, the legit buyers are actually fairly pleasant to deal with.  Met the buyers at my bank nearby (1 mile from my house) and took the cash to deposit into my bank account with a teller while they held onto the PS5 in a bag.

I ended up getting 4 total (3 disc, 1 digital) which only 2 of which were console only (disc through camping at Fred Meyer; digital in the recent Amazon drop).

Sold a 2 discs for $850 and $750 and 1 digital for $650.  Proceeds paid for the $855 ultimate bundle I got from GameStop where I kept most everything, with an additional $20 on top.

Nothing crazy like the initial market when it was $1000+.

I was able to return all unwanted items from bundles to GameStop.

I sold locally via Facebook Marketplace / OfferUp and while you get lots of low-balls and troll messages, the legit buyers are actually fairly pleasant to deal with. Met the buyers are my bank nearby and took the cash to deposit into my bank account with a teller while they held onto the PS5 in a bag.

I ended up getting 4 total (3 disc, 1 digital) which only 2 of which were console only (disc through camping at Fred Meyer; digital in the recent Amazon drop).

Sold a 2 discs for $850 and $750 and 1 digital for $650. Proceeds paid for the $855 ultimate bundle I got from GameStop where I kept most everything, with an additional $20 on top.

Nothing crazy like the initial market when it was $1000+.

I was able to return all unwanted items from bundles to GameStop.
My experience selling on Craig’s list was a lot of scammers, shady people, and low ballers. The low ballers would get offended if you didn’t accept their offers. Eventually after a week or two I found someone I felt comfortable meeting up with and doing the exchange. My best advise is to not sell to the first person that accepts an offer.

OfferUp tip:  If something doesn't sell for a while, just duplicate your original posting and re-post it as new.  It goes to the top of the search results for the default sorting order.  I did that with my last extra disc after it had been listed for several weeks and I immediately got an offer from someone who came out the next morning to buy it.

bread's done
Back