Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Something tells me that in the next couple months, those of us who have not had the ability to buy a PS5 yet, will get a better chance by the beginning of February. 

I sold locally via Facebook Marketplace / OfferUp and while you get lots of low-balls and troll messages, the legit buyers are actually fairly pleasant to deal with. Met the buyers at my bank nearby (1 mile from my house) and took the cash to deposit into my bank account with a teller while they held onto the PS5 in a bag.

I ended up getting 4 total (3 disc, 1 digital) which only 2 of which were console only (disc through camping at Fred Meyer; digital in the recent Amazon drop).

Sold a 2 discs for $850 and $750 and 1 digital for $650. Proceeds paid for the $855 ultimate bundle I got from GameStop where I kept most everything, with an additional $20 on top.

Nothing crazy like the initial market when it was $1000+.

I was able to return all unwanted items from bundles to GameStop.
Your local GameStop is nice...my one will not let me return extra stuff for the bundle

Your local GameStop is nice...my one will not let me return extra stuff for the bundle
I had to go to 2 stores as the first wouldn't let me return anything from a "bundle". Funny enough, the store that let me return a controller also was going to let me exchange COD for Demon's Souls...but they didn't have any copies so they called another store nearby who had a copy and sent me there. Ironically, it was the store that denied me and it was the same clerk too. He exchanged the games without issue.

I went back to the store that let me return the controller on another day and returned extra Miles Morales ULE I didn't need. I would've attempted to return the 1-year PSN, but I'm pretty sure that probably wouldn't be possible since they already emailed me the code.

If I was a true CAGer, I would've returned all the games and then just bought the games on the used market to get them for less than retail.

OfferUp tip: If something doesn't sell for a while, just duplicate your original posting and re-post it as new. It goes to the top of the search results for the default sorting order. I did that with my last extra disc after it had been listed for several weeks and I immediately got an offer from someone who came out the next morning to buy it.
I tried offer up and since they gave me like 7 days free, i tried the promoted listing thing. IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY. The stats were something like 1 view was promoted out of 70 total views.

This was a small sample but i switched around the item i was promoting from day to day. But mostly it didn't work.

Overall, same level of flaking as craigslist but a little more secure because people had verified addresses and verified emails so slightly better. I was successful at selling my old switch but nothing else (games, controller). Shipping seemed to be dumb as they charge you 12%, which is the same as ebay. If i'm gonna let someone take 12% of the sale, I'll just go on ebay because more scale. If they took their fees down to like 6%, i'd try it.

I tried offer up and since they gave me like 7 days free, i tried the promoted listing thing. IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY. The stats were something like 1 view was promoted out of 70 total views.

This was a small sample but i switched around the item i was promoting from day to day. But mostly it didn't work.

Overall, same level of flaking as craigslist but a little more secure because people had verified addresses and verified emails so slightly better. I was successful at selling my old switch but nothing else (games, controller). Shipping seemed to be dumb as they charge you 12%, which is the same as ebay. If i'm gonna let someone take 12% of the sale, I'll just go on ebay because more scale. If they took their fees down to like 6%, i'd try it.
I only do local transactions (no shipping) to limit any potential for fraud. I have not had a single issue yet with being stood up (whether buying or selling) on Facebook Marketplace or OfferUp once a deal and location/time has been setup. Can't say the same for Craigslist which I stopped looking at years ago.

I only do local transactions (no shipping) to limit any potential for fraud. I have not had a single issue yet with being stood up (whether buying or selling) on Facebook Marketplace or OfferUp once a deal and location/time has been setup. Can't say the same for Craigslist which I stopped looking at years ago.
Oh sorry to clarify, by flaking I meant they’d be like “I’ll buy it” “I’m interested” and then never reply again when you message them.

Looks like Targets in NJ have a bit of stock 5+ of the disc console but if you check stock going towards the east coast it starts to drop off quite a bit, lots of 2's and 1's but that could change during the week. I guess people are checking the private target api to show stock in a 1,000 mile radius, I'm not sure how to do that myself.

Sold one for cash and Apple Pay. I still don’t know what’s the safest way that people won’t be able to file a chargeback. I thought Apple pay or zelle would be somewhat safe

I sold locally via Facebook Marketplace / OfferUp and while you get lots of low-balls and troll messages, the legit buyers are actually fairly pleasant to deal with. Met the buyers at my bank nearby (1 mile from my house) and took the cash to deposit into my bank account with a teller while they held onto the PS5 in a bag.

I ended up getting 4 total (3 disc, 1 digital) which only 2 of which were console only (disc through camping at Fred Meyer; digital in the recent Amazon drop).

Sold a 2 discs for $850 and $750 and 1 digital for $650. Proceeds paid for the $855 ultimate bundle I got from GameStop where I kept most everything, with an additional $20 on top.

Nothing crazy like the initial market when it was $1000+.

I was able to return all unwanted items from bundles to GameStop.
Two things I don't like are scalpers bragging in a thread where people are struggling to find a console & people who don't know the difference between a cheapassgamer (CAG) & cheapassgamerer (CAGer). If you wanted to be a real CAG you could have helped another member with a console. The block list is made for people like you MasterScalper1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the posts where losers are bragging about selling multiple consoles itt, when most of us can't even find one to have for ourselves.
There are plenty of good members that actually helped people with consoles at cost. The PoS scalpers are the minority.

I do want one, but the other part is finally getting one. I’ve waited this long so I can wait longer but it’s frustrating I can’t get one if that makes sense haha

Hey I get it. The hype almost got me. Since there are no next gen games really right now, and that the SSD in it is only 600GB of usable space, and of course a huge backlog of PS4 games, I don't mind waiting a while.

I had to go to 2 stores as the first wouldn't let me return anything from a "bundle". Funny enough, the store that let me return a controller also was going to let me exchange COD for Demon's Souls...but they didn't have any copies so they called another store nearby who had a copy and sent me there. Ironically, it was the store that denied me and it was the same clerk too. He exchanged the games without issue.

I went back to the store that let me return the controller on another day and returned extra Miles Morales ULE I didn't need. I would've attempted to return the 1-year PSN, but I'm pretty sure that probably wouldn't be possible since they already emailed me the code.

If I was a true CAGer, I would've returned all the games and then just bought the games on the used market to get them for less than retail.
I see. The second store is not bad. So They let you return the controller in the beginning and do not let you return the games but only do exchange ? How far is it from your home ?

Hey I get it. The hype almost got me. Since there are no next gen games really right now, and that the SSD in it is only 600GB of usable space, and of course a huge backlog of PS4 games, I don't mind waiting a while.
Yeah, Consoles need a Killer App to justify buying them. I held off on getting Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 (thankfully lol) specifically because I wanted to wait for the PS5 version, so the PS5 version release is the date I really want a PS5. For me, that's my first killer app. I can't say I have a great need to play Demon Souls (A prettier version of an old game), or Miles Morales (basically a DLC that is unconscionably selling for $70), and while the SSD is nice, it's not really necessary. That being said, this PS5 roll-out is very annoying, a great waste of everyone's time, and the Bot debacle completely avoidable if retailers did not sell it online.

Yeah, Consoles need a Killer App to justify buying them. I held off on getting Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 (thankfully lol) specifically because I wanted to wait for the PS5 version, so the PS5 version release is the date I really want a PS5. For me, that's my first killer app. I can't say I have a great need to play Demon Souls (A prettier version of an old game), or Miles Morales (basically a DLC that is unconscionably selling for $70), and while the SSD is nice, it's not really necessary. That being said, this PS5 roll-out is very annoying, a great waste of everyone's time, and the Bot debacle completely avoidable if retailers did not sell it online.
Miles Morales ia actually a $50 game and the SSD is really a nice quality of life improvement, the downside is the low storage space. The SSD is really making these new systems feel next gen now.

Two things I don't like are scalpers bragging in a thread where people are struggling to find a console & people who don't know the difference between a cheapassgamer (CAG) & cheapassgamerer (CAGer). If you wanted to be a real CAG you could have helped another member with a console. The block list is made for people like you MasterScalper1.
Whatever makes you feel better. This site 99% folks trying to get deals and exploit retailers. Bitter you must be.

I see. The second store is not bad. So They let you return the controller in the beginning and do not let you return the games but only do exchange ? How far is it from your home ?
It’s YMMV. I was able to return and exchange because that’s what I wanted to do. If I was really trying to save money, I would’ve returned all the games and just got them off the secondary market. Tons of people selling the extra games from their bundle below MSRP.

Whatever makes you feel better. This site 99% folks trying to get deals and exploit retailers. Bitter you must be.
Not trying to be mean, but don't try to throw the rest of us on this site under the bus in order to justify your crappy scalper behavior. Getting deals from retailers is vastly different from price gouging people. :shame:

Or how about have the tiniest bit of self-awareness, and don't brag about scalping systems when people in here are struggling to find just one. 

Not trying to be mean, but don't try to throw the rest of us on this site under the bus in order to justify your crappy scalper behavior. Getting deals from retailers is vastly different from price gouging people. :shame:
If you're in the 1%, then I'm not speaking about you.

Or how about have the tiniest bit of self-awareness, and don't brag about scalping systems when people in here are struggling to find just one.
People were asking questions about how to conduct local transactions safely. I was sharing my tips and experiences.

I agree. People can scalp all they want, but it's dickish trolling behavior to come in here and openly brag about it.
Not sure how sharing my tips and experiences is trolling. Others and myself were having a civil conversation about selling locally as well as returning items from bundles to GameStop. It was civil until MR X and whodoneit made it not.

It’s YMMV. I was able to return and exchange because that’s what I wanted to do. If I was really trying to save money, I would’ve returned all the games and just got them off the secondary market. Tons of people selling the extra games from their bundle below MSRP.
Especially on Ebay. The price of Next generation games drop really faster due to a lot of bundle I guess. Your gamestop is very good and let you do anything.

check closing gamestops if you want ps5 games. found a store that had demons souls, DMC5 special, black ops cold war, and immortals fenyx rising all at 40% off

+1 for this guy, F@#% that scalper

My wife went to GameStop to help me exchange one of my bundle game with call of duty . They gave her a resealed one....I need to go GameStop tomorrow to exchange again...will they refuse to do that? I feel so scared. My wife didn’t know it is resealed.

Here are the photos.

https://ibb.co/g4fwG3f
https://ibb.co/WBLP5TM

The irony of a site full of pots calling the kettles black.
Not sure what you don’t get about the difference between looking for deals (even exploiting mistakes by corporations) vs. selling hard to find systems that people are Looking for at a marked up price to individuals during a pandemic.

And then coming to the specific thread that people are using to find them and blabbing about you reselling at higher prices.

As someone said already, read the room man. Have a little insight. If you can’t appreciate the difference and realize why you are getting slammed then you are just dense.

Can anyone with a bit of Gamestop online ordering experience try to resolve this for me, please?

I ordered a bundle on the 7th when they did a drop. Thing is, I checked out as a Guest (I have a GS account but it’s been ages since I logged on and I didn’t want to risk not getting it because I was screwing around trying to remember/recover my password). I got the order through and have a confirmation number. Never got the confirmation email though....ALTHOUGH, today (after checking a similar thread in Gamefaqs with others) I see that Gamestop did indeed charge my card, so the system should be shipping soon.

But I still have yet to get the confirmation email, or the $20 gift card email that was also included in the bundle.

I think in my haste, I may have fat fingered my email address, or my phone auto corrected it. I know my address and billing info was spot on, so I assume the bundle is still getting delivered to me. I would just like to have a tracking number to see WHEN it’s getting here.

If I call GS CS with my order number, can they resend the confirmation/tracking/gift card info to my CORRECT email assuming it was wrong?

Not sure what you don’t get about the difference between looking for deals (even exploiting mistakes by corporations) vs. selling hard to find systems that people are Looking for at a marked up price to individuals during a pandemic.

And then coming to the specific thread that people are using to find them and blabbing about you reselling at higher prices.

As someone said already, read the room man. Have a little insight. If you can’t appreciate the difference and realize why you are getting slammed then you are just dense.
If I had nickel every time someone got mad at someone else on the internet.

My wife went to GameStop to help me exchange one of my bundle game with call of duty . They gave her a resealed one....I need to go GameStop tomorrow to exchange again...will they refuse to do that? I feel so scared. My wife didn’t know it is resealed.

Here are the photos.

https://ibb.co/g4fwG3f
https://ibb.co/WBLP5TM

Scared? Scared because you're trying to mess up with the company, returning games that were part of the bundle. Getting a re-sealed game in return that has been out for 2 months? Give me a fucking break.

Scared? Scared because you're trying to mess up with the company, returning games that were part of the bundle. Getting a re-sealed game in return that has been out for 2 months? Give me a fucking break.
Sorry..I guess I used the wrong word
I am just trying to do that exchange...not returning...I just got the bundle last week. I am not a sport guy and that is why I exchange the NBA with call of dut. I prefer factory sealed.

Not sure what your deal is, but some stores accept returns/exchanges of individual items from “bundles.”

Sorry..I guess I used the wrong word
I am just trying to do that exchange...not returning...I just got the bundle last week. I am not a sport guy and that is why I exchange the NBA with call of dut. I prefer factory sealed.
Not trying to get into this beef, but...what exactly is it you only want factory sealed for? Does COD CW come with a voucher code? If not, take the game exchange. Odds are you’re still getting a perfectly mint disc.

bread's done
Back