Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

omg.... My GF surprised me with getting a PS5 from Wal Mart while I was at work!

She said something about using an Affiliate link or something but it worked out.

Still shocked but im waiting on the Tracking Number, then I'll know its truly official.

There's a trick to getting the Walmart ones, it requires the App. I honestly don't think it's possible to get any of the drops at 3pm without using bots, but for the drops after at :10,:20, :30, :40 the trick does work even though it still takes some luck, but possible.
I did not use the app or a bot and I got it at the 3pm drop. At about a minute after it was saying "Come back at 3:10" it changed to add to cart. Was smooth sailing from there. It is possible.

can anyone tell me if you can use a PS5 controller on the PS4 yet (either wired or wireless)? I need another PS4 controller but I am not spending $60 on one, rather spend the extra $10 and be future proof for when I get a PS5...
Ps4 controllers work on ps5, but a ps5 controller will not work on a ps4. It will charge and as of launch of the ps5 wouldn’t recognize as a wired or even Bluetooth controller. Kind of a dumb move.

Thank you thor for that save for later walmart trick. Got one for my buddy.

Got one from target earlier this week for me and one from Walmart today for my buddy. Can't believe it took this long to finally get a ps5 but glad I no longer have to look.

Got one from target earlier this week for me and one from Walmart today for my buddy. Can't believe it took this long to finally get a ps5 but glad I no longer have to look.
It really is a great feeling knowing that your hunt is finally over. It's so stressful having to look for one!

I have one in saved for later, how does the trick work?

PS4 controllers regularly go on sale all the time. Just wait it out.
How cheap do they typically go?

I sold my PS4 Pro without remembering I needed a DS4 for some PSVR games and tried to play Astrobot with my PS5 controller and was like "oooooh snap!".

So I need to get one of those again too.

How cheap do they typically go?

I sold my PS4 Pro without remembering I needed a DS4 for some PSVR games and tried to play Astrobot with my PS5 controller and was like "oooooh snap!".

So I need to get one of those again too.
I can't remember exactly, but I have seen them as low as $40 bucks I think? With the PS4 being phased out, I assume you will see them more on sale.

It’s because of crap like this I’d rather wait until April than buy from Walmart.
Yes ...I ordered the series S first and then ps5 right after. They cancel my ps5 order right away.

Unfortunately, our credit and fraud avoidance team flagged this order as unusual, so we had to cancel. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Don't worry - you weren't charged for the order. Any temporary holds will be removed within 10 business days, in accordance with your bank's policy.

What's next? We recommend you double-check your payment information and then try placing a new order.
If you still have issues, you can learn more about canceled orders in our Help Center.
Again - our apologies,
Team Walmart
Order number
Order date Thu, Feb 4, 2021
Canceled Items - Walmart
Item Qty
PlayStation 5 Console 1

I can't remember exactly, but I have seen them as low as $40 bucks I think? With the PS4 being phased out, I assume you will see them more on sale.
Actually they haven't went on sale for $40 since co-vid first hit. I've been waiting for them to drop again since then and they haven't. My Bm got mad and threw my controller and busted it so now I can't play any of my PS4 games. :(

Actually they haven't went on sale for $40 since co-vid first hit. I've been waiting for them to drop again since then and they haven't. My Bm got mad and threw my controller and busted it so now I can't play any of my PS4 games. :(
I think he's talking about used since gamestop had them on sale used for $40 a couple weeks ago.

I'm debating on whether or not to sell my Star Wars PS4 Pro and buy a PS5 since it's BC with PS4 games. The thing is just so darn big. Plus, I'm not sure how much I will get for my Pro. If I only get like $300 for it, it would be around $250 to upgrade and I don't think it's worth it right now. I'd also have to constantly check to see when it goes in stock like a madman and hope my order goes through. Hmmmmm.

I'm debating on whether or not to sell my Star Wars PS4 Pro and buy a PS5 since it's BC with PS4 games. The thing is just so darn big. Plus, I'm not sure how much I will get for my Pro. If I only get like $300 for it, it would be around $250 to upgrade and I don't think it's worth it right now. I'd also have to constantly check to see when it goes in stock like a madman and hope my order goes through. Hmmmmm.
You've literally said the same thing multiple times in multiple threads (This one included) since launch. That you're debating getting one, but the upgrade isn't worth it and the PS5 is too big. Just wait on the PS5 slim like you said you were going to do. You said that 3 or 4 times already.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's worth it for the 60fps, if you don't care about that then don't upgrade and wait.

You've literally said the same thing multiple times in multiple threads (This one included) since launch. That you're debating getting one, but the upgrade isn't worth it and the PS5 is too big. Just wait on the PS5 slim like you said you were going to do. You said that 3 or 4 times already.
That guy makes me picture Woody Allen or Kyle's cousin on South Park. Oh my gawd...

Seriously it's $200 difference if he sold his pro. Also it's not that big. I have a PS4 Pro and PS5 standing up next to each on the low shelf of my computer desk.

I sold my Pro for 250, but I had preordered the PS5 beforehand and no longer had a need for a PS4. The increase in performance was worth thr extra cost. If you barely play games. then I wouls to wait on the PS5 for awhile.

If you want a PS5 to play PS4 games, when you already have a PS4 Pro, I would hold off, unless you have the extra cash laying around and don't mind spending it because you know you will get one eventually.

I just lucked out and got one of those digital bundles from GameStop, woo. The button kept greying out initially every time I clicked, but eventually it worked.

I was sitting here looking at my phone when I got a push notification from GameStop. I just swiped it thinking nothing of it and then realized who it was from and thought I saw it say PS5. I loaded the app and they were available.

I couldn’t get the app to order it as it was going slow, used the browser and got a disc version bundle. I have been trying to get a digital version for my son but it keeps sending me through captchas nonstop and then telling me it is unavailable.

can you return all the bundle items?
From what I have read it is a hit or miss thing. I am not a fan of NBA 2K but can play with my son if I can’t get him his own.

If you can’t return it, you could try to just eBay the stuff. You may lose a few bucks but you won’t lose out on hundreds to a scalper.

Tons of people on the PS5StockAlerts twitter got in. Usually it's 90% people complaining that they didn't get it in time, but now it's 90% saying they got in.

Makes me think either GameStop had a ton of inventory and PS5s are going to be easy to find now, or they oversold and we're in for a bunch of order cancellations. Or a third alternative I suppose is that they somehow managed to block scalper bots.

can you return all the bundle items?
There is a trick I used to return them all. My buddy called 20+ stores. Some stores allow exchanges while others deny everything. Some even allow full returns with the new Gamestop schedule it is easier due to one person on schedule most of the time. I determined the trick was a better idea. Sent you a message. I also heard using rubbing alcohol may remove ink on the invoice which might help you return it according to a website I visited. Just remove the total and some items sent. Use cotton swabs to get the right spots or your finger. Be careful.

Seriously it's $200 difference if he sold his pro. Also it's not that big. I have a PS4 Pro and PS5 standing up next to each on the low shelf of my computer desk.
I have them horizontally next to each other, under my TV. It's huge.

There is a trick I used to return them all. My buddy called 20+ stores. Some stores allow exchanges while others deny everything. Some even allow full returns with the new Gamestop schedule it is easier due to one person on schedule most of the time. I determined the trick was a better idea. Sent you a message. I also heard using rubbing alcohol may remove ink on the invoice which might help you return it according to a website I visited. Just remove the total and some items sent. Use cotton swabs to get the right spots or your finger. Be careful.
All this shit to return some items. Why the fuck do people still shop at GameStop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this shit to return some items. Why the fuck do people still shop at GameStop?

Considering most stores don't even allow you to exchange or return items part of the bundle, I consider it a win in Gamestop's book. Though, I prefer if they sell more consoles individually but I suppose it deters scammers. Happy to give my family 3 PS5s and keeping one at cost with no extras.

Considering most stores don't even allow you to exchange or return items part of the bundle, I consider it a win in Gamestop's book. Though, I prefer if they sell more consoles individually but I suppose it deters scammers. Happy to give my family 3 PS5s and keeping one at cost with no extras.
I’ve never had a problem returning bundle items at any store that wasn’t GameStop.

Would you mind sending me that trick as well? I own the Spiderman game on PS4. Which is a free upgrade to PS5.

I ordered the bundle from Gamestop. They havent charged me for it yet but did send the $20 dollar digital gift card already. I am hoping this means my order will not get cancelled.

does playstation direct have a paypal option?

doesn't matter, i never see anything other than more than an hour wait time

Ugh, this shit is getting annoying.  I just want to play my PS4 games.  I need to bite the bullet and just buy another controller, but I just can't get myself to spend $60 on one.  Guess I'll need to figure something out by the time Persona 5 S comes out.

More than an hour here too, then sold out.  I do laugh at the message that they have plenty of PS5 games and accessories in stock though.

Can you send me a message as well? I am also curious about how to do that .

bread's done
Back