Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I just platinumed Tsushima an hour ago after 82 hours!

I could appreciate faster load times or frame rates on a PS5, just not with the pissant 600GB hard drive in it. The first thing I did with my PS4 was put a 2TB internal HDD in it. I won't touch a PS5 until there's at least a 2TB SSD available for it.
Storage is the one thing holding me back.

Well, that and the whole shortage thing.

I have to ponder when will the PS5 be readily available to get at any time, like the fall or next year? I have no problem waiting
Probably not until the summer. The problem is there are still so many people scooping them up to scalp. In the last couple months the prices on eBay and Facebook have gone from $650-700 to $800-$900 now. So that just gives people incentive to but them and not use them. So instead of the people who actually want one decreasing, it stays the same thus demand outstrips availability.

Sony, we need a storage update!    we need to be able to put in a new m.2 nvme drive and let us transfer ps5 game installs back and forth from external storage; and we need it stat! 

we also need new games!  

ratchet clank rift apart got set for June 2021 !   that is something; but where is HorizonZeroDawn2?    Fall/Nov. 2021?     we are in a ps5 game drought

My main issue with ps5 is storage space. Even 2 tb isn’t enough. Hopefully we’ll be able to play and store ps5 games in an external

I was a fairly early adopter on the 4, and while it was slow there definitely seemed to be more exclusives available than there is for the 5
Ps4 only launch With knack as its big launch game. Everything else was cross gen 3 rd party games. It is what is if you buy early don’t expect a lot of good games. That hasn’t been the case IMO since the 16 bit generation. This trend really started in 32 bit era.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like for PS5 it was Demon's Souls, Miles Morales and well that's it I believe for killer titles right now. PS4 was barren for the first few months. I played so much BF4 with friends (excellent once patched up). My PS5 remains a PS4 pluser right now, as I don't want to play Demon's Souls yet. Ratchet and Clank is a must buy, and a very good series. Feels similar to on PS4 when Infamous Second Son came out.  That was a solid sequel title after months of nothing. Then Bloodborne eventually came out, and the release schedule was pretty solid from then out. I really recommend no one play scalper prices for sure. There just isn't that much to play yet. 

Shadow Fall and Resogun come to mind as well
Alright I forgot about shadow falls...wasn’t very memorable.

So you have knack, sf, and resogun. Ps5 has sm:mm, and astros play room. Kind of the same deal. While sm:mm is cross gen it’s a big leap up on ps5 and truly next gen. Basically ps4 and ps5 are in the same boat.

Just like for PS5 it was Demon's Souls, Miles Morales and well that's it I believe for killer titles right now. PS4 was barren for the first few months. I played so much BF4 with friends (excellent once patched up). My PS5 remains a PS4 pluser right now, as I don't want to play Demon's Souls yet. Ratchet and Clank is a must buy, and a very good series. Feels similar to on PS4 when Infamous Second Son came out. That was a solid sequel title after months of nothing. Then Bloodborne eventually came out, and the release schedule was pretty solid from then out. I really recommend no one play scalper prices for sure. There just isn't that much to play yet.
Except Miles Morales is also playable on ps4. PS5 is basically Godfall and Demon Souls.

Definitely agree that it's not worth paying a scalper though. My sister really wanted a 5 too but I convinced her that it wouldn't be worth it for her so she bought a switch instead

I was holding off due to the lack of exclusives-so-far thing too, but the ability to play PS4 games is what pushed me over the edge.  I think of it as more of PS4 Pro+ for now. :)

I was holding off due to the lack of exclusives-so-far thing too, but the ability to play PS4 games is what pushed me over the edge. I think of it as more of PS4 Pro+ for now. :)
Definitely. Before I got my 5, I was still gaming on my launch 4. I hadn't started Ghost Of Tsushima or Death Stranding yet so I at least have those for now

Trying to figure out what is going on with my order from gamestop. I ordered the PS5 bundle on Feb 9th. I recieved my digital gift card through email. Everything else was waiting to be shipped. Charges have been pending on my account since this the 9th until this morning. Today the pending charges disappear. It still has the order waiting on being shipped on gamestop's website. Anybody know what is happening? I feel they are gonna cancel my order.

Trying to figure out what is going on with my order from gamestop. I ordered the PS5 bundle on Feb 9th. I recieved my digital gift card through email. Everything else was waiting to be shipped. Charges have been pending on my account since this the 9th until this morning. Today the pending charges disappear. It still has the order waiting on being shipped on gamestop's website. Anybody know what is happening? I feel they are gonna cancel my order.
Pending charges drop after 2-3 days if the retailer doesn't proceed with the charge. It doesn't mean you won't get charged. It just meansthe retailer didn't go forward -- may be because they couldn't ship it right away.

Presuming the item is/comes in stock, you should see the charge happen again.

Something similar happened when I ordered back in December from Gamestop. I got the gift card email early, saw charges pop up, disappear, and come back. I got an email saying that shipments were belong delayed, and two days later it delivered to my door on New Years Eve. The original estimates were January 5th. When i click on my past orders it still shows partially shipped, even though I already have it.

Something similar happened when I ordered back in December from Gamestop. I got the gift card email early, saw charges pop up, disappear, and come back. I got an email saying that shipments were belong delayed, and two days later it delivered to my door on New Years Eve. The original estimates were January 5th. When i click on my past orders it still shows partially shipped, even though I already have it.
Does your PS5 still say "preparing to ship"? I ask because I'm in a similar boat to the guy you're replying to: ordered on February 9, and received an email Saturday saying my expected delivery date is Feb 15 (today), but the order still shows up as Partially Shipped with the PS5 itself as Preparing To Ship.

Does your PS5 still say "preparing to ship"? I ask because I'm in a similar boat to the guy you're replying to: ordered on February 9, and received an email Saturday saying my expected delivery date is Feb 15 (today), but the order still shows up as Partially Shipped with the PS5 itself as Preparing To Ship.
I’m in the same boat as you: order still says preparing to ship, but I received a text from FedEx with tracking info for a delivery this Wednesday. I get text alerts anytime a package is set to deliver to my house from FedEx. GameStop hasn’t said anything about the package for whatever that’s worth.

The tracking info is from a town where GameStop has a distribution center, the tracking says signature required, and I have no other outstanding orders from anywhere, so I’m pretty safe in assuming it’s my PS5 on the way.

I’m in the same boat as you: order still says preparing to ship, but I received a text from FedEx with tracking info for a delivery this Wednesday. I get text alerts anytime a package is set to deliver to my house from FedEx. GameStop hasn’t said anything about the package for whatever that’s worth.
The tracking info is from a town where GameStop has a distribution center, the tracking says signature required, and I have no other outstanding orders from anywhere, so I’m pretty safe in assuming it’s my PS5 on the way.
Good to know, thanks for the info.

Expect a Target drop this week.
Yeah, it was confirmed. Many are thinking it will drop tomorrow morning(Tuesday) but I still don't know how to check inventory at my local Targets. I just have the datalover stream on and will hopefully wake up to an alarm so I can try to buy one. I am only going to try to get one from Target or Amazon since I have credit there.

There's two used consoles on Amazon right now for $544.11, they will come repackaged.

Edit: Gone.

I was up and had the youtube live stock drop on my laptop while I played a video game but the alarm never went off for the Amazon drop so I didn't get it obviously. Target glitched and had all 4 consoles available for shipping only dates 21st-23rd for like 20 seconds but no one actually got any and either Target was testing out the website to ship or was going to drop but couldn't. They have always had them pick up only so not sure what that was.

Target was a bust for me, if they ever came in stock.  I see it on the front of CAG, but I was checking then and saw no change for my local Target.  I'm wondering if Amazon's stock might have lasted longer because of the time it released.  3:30 AM EST is off-hours for almost every time zone in the US.

Target was a bust for me, if they ever came in stock. I see it on the front of CAG, but I was checking then and saw no change for my local Target. I'm wondering if Amazon's stock might have lasted longer because of the time it released. 3:30 AM EST is off-hours for almost every time zone in the US.
People are saying it was a glitch and no one actually got to buy anything from Target.

Amazon has it in stock as of this post, disc version.

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-5-Console/dp/B08FC5L3RG/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1GN9KFHD4GFUJ&dchild=1&keywords=playstation+5&qid=1611439921&rnid=2941120011&s=videogames&sprefix=playst%2Caps%2C242&sr=1-4

Edit:

It's now OOS - this drop lasted for awhile, 10 min. Amazon must've gotten a large shipment of PS5s.
I got the notification that amazon had it in stock. I jumped on it right away and still had no luck. I kept getting the error can't add item to cart on both the site and the app. I tried for about five minutes and then gave up and went back to sleep.

I got the notification that amazon had it in stock. I jumped on it right away and still had no luck. I kept getting the error can't add item to cart on both the site and the app. I tried for about five minutes and then gave up and went back to sleep.
I also had the same error, but I kept refreshing and adding to cart (about 3 min) and finally it went through. I proceeded to quickly check out right away before any other errors popped up.

Target is definitely expected to drop this week, a lot of people are checking their local Targets store kiosk and entering the PS5's DCPI to see how much their local store has in stock.

https://twitter.com/GoodVibezAllDay/status/1361509621043662848

Good to know, thanks for the info.
I got a "weather delay" alert from FedEx on my PS5 GameStop shipment this morning. It's in Louisville, KY right now and they got hit with some snow, icy roads and power outages. So, if yours gets delayed past your estimated delivery date, don't be surprised. Mine is scheduled for tomorrow, but I think Friday is more realistic due to the weather.

bread's done
Back