Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I got a "weather delay" alert from FedEx on my PS5 GameStop shipment this morning. It's in Louisville, KY right now and they got hit with some snow, icy roads and power outages. So, if yours gets delayed past your estimated delivery date, don't be surprised. Mine is scheduled for tomorrow, but I think Friday is more realistic due to the weather.
Damn. I signed up for FedEx alerts after reading your post, and same exact thing. Louisville with a weather delay, estimation of tomorrow, but I doubt it too.

I just got back from checking my local Target. They have 15 in back, 7 on hand whatever that means.
But you can't buy them in-store, right?

I tried calling, but the voice system is pretty clear about that. They also said they can't provide inventory. I never got through to a person.

So Target has stock that hasn't been made available to order yet? I figured I missed it this morning or lost out to bots or local scalpers.

once you get your ps5, you will have the new problem of game storage file space.   the measly 825gb nvme drive nets you about 650gb of space. 

Sony: We need NMVE SSD upgrade options and the ability to move PS5 game installs back&forth (for storage management only) from internal to external storage now!      (xbox had this day1)

once you get your ps5, you will have the new problem of game storage file space. the measly 825gb nvme drive nets you about 650gb of space.

Sony: We need NMVE SSD upgrade options and the ability to move PS5 game installs back&forth (for storage management only) from internal to external storage now! (xbox had this day1)
We know. You hop in weekly to remind everyone of things you dislike about the PS5. Then you immediately go to the xbox thread and make a post ball hugging the XSX. Your shtick is old. We know what we're buying.

Last edited by a moderator:
He isn't wrong though. Similar when the PS4 came out and the 500 gig drive seemed OK. Filled up quickly after you had more games and became more of a problem. PS5 software is lacking a lot of things and another NVME drive functionality is one. 

He isn't wrong though. Similar when the PS4 came out and the 500 gig drive seemed OK. Filled up quickly after you had more games and became more of a problem. PS5 software is lacking a lot of things and another NVME drive functionality is one.
I never said his complaint was wrong... I said is shtick is old. He repeats the same complaints every week. There are no games, SSD space issue & the console isn't well built. Talking to sony as if they hear him. Then seconds later posts on the Xbox thread something dumb like " I love my beautiful XSX" or "Best console ever". It's trolling... Period.

Space on mine is holding up just fine. Have about 15 games downloaded and still have around 220gb left
Me too. I have 22 games installed with 200gb free. When I beat a game I delete it & move on. I never had an issue with space on my PS4 Pro either. That's just me though.

once you get your ps5, you will have the new problem of game storage file space. the measly 825gb nvme drive nets you about 650gb of space.

Sony: We need NMVE SSD upgrade options and the ability to move PS5 game installs back&forth (for storage management only) from internal to external storage now! (xbox had this day1)
all that space for all those xbox exclusives....

I had space issues on my 1 TB PS4 Pro, but so far, haven't had issues on the PS5. But I'm sure not copying over the missus' Fallout 76 (80 GB) and Kingdom Hearts complete saved a lot of space.

I never said his complaint was wrong... I said is shtick is old. He repeats the same complaints every week. There are no games, SSD space issue & the console isn't well built. Talking to sony as if they hear him. Then seconds later posts on the Xbox thread something dumb like " I love my beautiful XSX" or "Best console ever". It's trolling... Period.
Anyone that gets that upset over someone "trolling" their choice of console should probably just ignore that person. You're obviously bothered that he prefers the opposite piece of plastic that you do. But there are definitely better things to get upset over than a random person on the internet.

I'm just irritated that the PS4 games keep installing from the disc when I have the PS5 version installed.  The latest firmware update was supposed to fix this issue, but then my machine is still downloading the PS4 game files again.  *sigh*

Anyone that gets that upset over someone "trolling" their choice of console should probably just ignore that person. You're obviously bothered that he prefers the opposite piece of plastic that you do. But there are definitely better things to get upset over than a random person on the internet.
Far from upset. I actually have both consoles aircobra. Yeah I could ignore him, but the mods are actually pretty good. Call out constant trolling and they will eventually get rid of them.

I'm just irritated that the PS4 games keep installing from the disc when I have the PS5 version installed. The latest firmware update was supposed to fix this issue, but then my machine is still downloading the PS4 game files again. *sigh*
Is there specific games that happens with? That issue was fixed with Borderlands 3 on my end.

Exactly. I have both consoles so I don’t mind people complaining. It’s the internet. That’s what people do. Unless either side start cutting me checks I won’t care about some person complaining about console X. They both have their shitty things really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far from upset. I actually have both consoles aircobra. Yeah I could ignore him, but the mods are actually pretty good. Call out constant trolling and they will eventually get rid of them.
Aircobra? That's ironic. His constant fighting with Zantra got them both banned. Lol!

Exactly. I have both consoles so I don’t mind people complaining. It’s the internet. That’s what people do. Unless either side start cutting me checks I won’t care about some person complaining about console X. They both have their shitty things really.

I have all consoles too, but i'm always down to get crap posters & trolls banned in every thread. I just report and move on. It works :D/

Aircobra? That's ironic. His constant fighting with Zantra got them both banned. Lol!

I have all consoles too, but i'm always down to get crap posters & trolls banned in every thread. I just report and move on. It works :D/
I really don’t care. It’s easy enough to scroll past them. Also I only check these topics periodically so I don’t really memorize if people repeatedly point system flaws out. In my opinion the posters comments were spot on and I have the same critiques of the PS5. Still I enjoy both systems.

Yeah I call out trolls in the PS5, Xbox & Switch threads. Like I said earlier this site actually has decent mod team that will do work on trolls.

I really don’t care. It’s easy enough to scroll past them. Also I only check these topics periodically so I don’t really memorize if people repeatedly point system flaws out. In my opinion the posters comments were spot on and I have the same critiques of the PS5. Still I enjoy both systems.

Like I said to him from the start complaints are fine. His shtick is annoying. For some of us that frequent the thread at least. That's all.

It's funny you mention that. Borderlands 3 is the disc that keeps installing the PS4 version even though I don't want it to. Is there a setting that I can fix or change?
I had that issue with BL3 & also MK 11 (I forgot about that one). I deleted them both because it got to be annoying. After the system update. I just reinstalled them both & the issue hasn't happened since. I didn't change any settings though.

Same here. Need a digital for the TV in the bedroom. Let’s go Target.

If you already own a ps5 and a ps4 you can remote play to your ps4 and it’s like having two ps5s in one. I’m doing that with my living room and bedroom. Or if you have an avr with multiple rooms setup you can run one ps5 to two TVs.

If you already own a ps5 and a ps4 you can remote play to your ps4 and it’s like having two ps5s in one. I’m doing that with my living room and bedroom. Or if you have an avr with multiple room setup you can run one ps5 to two TVs.
Sadly I sold my PS4 right before getting the PS5. Don’t have an AVR either. Also son and I play some games co-op online so having two systems is nice.

Thanks for the ideas though. Didn’t know you could do that.

But you can't buy them in-store, right?

I tried calling, but the voice system is pretty clear about that. They also said they can't provide inventory. I never got through to a person.

So Target has stock that hasn't been made available to order yet? I figured I missed it this morning or lost out to bots or local scalpers.
If you get the barcode of the PS5 from Brickseek and then go to store and scan it on one of those self scanners, it will tell you how many they have in stock. They can't sell them to you, you need to buy them when they become available online. I used to work at a different electronics store years ago and there were days were they had Wii's sitting in the back until a certain day.

Got the pickup email!

I think I got one. At least I have an email saying it's in process. I have 2 friends still looking for one. About to make someone's day and save them $25 (Redcard).

This shit is so annoying... worse than sneaker drops. I think I'm just gonna stop checking for this system and hope they have the production issues figured out by the time HZD2 comes out

you sold both your ps4s?
Can’t blame him. Prior are paying crazy money on used game consoles. Ps4 pros used are not much cheaper than a ps5. Same with an Xbox one x. Base ps4 too are going for way more than a ps3 did when the ps4 came out.

Can’t blame him. Prior are paying crazy money on used game consoles. Ps4 pros used are not much cheaper than a ps5. Same with an Xbox one x. Base ps4 too are going for way more than a ps3 did when the ps4 came out.
Yup sold my ps4 pro last week. It was a god of war edition, but I was thrilled to sell it with one game for $300.

Im just surprised he sold both before getting the ps5s since he games with his son.

Getting a preorder was sure a helluva lot easier than getting a restock. Saw a PS5 preorder on Best Buy's site, ordered, got it. My brother wanted an Xbox Series X, I saw Target had one for pickup on release date, ordered it, got it. But holy cow, trying to get a PS5 now is like 75 people going through one door at the same time on Black Friday.

Getting a preorder was sure a helluva lot easier than getting a restock. Saw a PS5 preorder on Best Buy's site, ordered, got it. My brother wanted an Xbox Series X, I saw Target had one for pickup on release date, ordered it, got it. But holy cow, trying to get a PS5 now is like 75 people going through one door at the same time on Black Friday.
I had a PS5 in my cart when release date was announced. Best Buy wasn't letting me do pick up and decided to wait...what a mistake that was. Still looking here, target, walmart and best buy are my most visited sites every day 😂

I had a PS5 in my cart when release date was announced. Best Buy wasn't letting me do pick up and decided to wait...what a mistake that was. Still looking here, target, walmart and best buy are my most visited sites every day
Yea while I want a ps5 I am fine waiting. My XBOX Series X is keeping me happy...Plus the switch has some really good games to play right now.

Yea while I want a ps5 I am fine waiting. My XBOX Series X is keeping me happy...Plus the switch has some really good games to play right now.
My sister really wanted a PS5 but I told her how hard it is to get so she went out and bought a Switch instead and she's loving it. The Switch really is a good system!

bread's done
Back