Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

PS5stocktracker posted Target's drop yesterday after CAG posted it on Twitter so it's not like that would give you the news any faster.

Well I set up Twitter five days ago and I don't really get any notifications. The only person that I get notifications from is wario64 that it's only maybe two or three a day and they are always like 10 minutes after he tweeted. I have triple checked that I have notifications set up with sound for Twitter and have individually made sure every single one is on but I just don't get them. I have Googled the situation but have given up because nothing helps. So of course I missed the Best Buy drop that happened earlier. I was sleeping but my phone never went off.

I am following 9 console alerts accounts and have the Bell on all of them but again, no notifications at all. Within the Twitter, the little bell at the bottom only acknowledges new tweets from Microsoft and Wario64. Oh well. I'll just have to do nothing but sit in front of a computer screen all day while I am awake.

Last edited by a moderator:
The people I hear bitching the most about PS5 availability aren't even trying, or are not paying customers. Mostly a bunch of people that just want to complain. It's someone else's fault for their problems. Like most other things in life, you get what you put into it. It's the "some people have lives you know," and the "thing should be on the shelf when I want to buy it," types.

These systems aren't even 1/5 as difficult to score as an RTX 3080 anyways. Obviously a bunch of folks have never contended for a highly contested internet drop in their lives.
It's true. I got back in the hunt for a PS5 yesterday so I could get one for my brother. Had a near miss yesterday and scored one today. All it took was a little effort.

The people I hear bitching the most about PS5 availability aren't even trying, or are not paying customers. Mostly a bunch of people that just want to complain. It's someone else's fault for their problems. Like most other things in life, you get what you put into it. It's the "some people have lives you know," and the "thing should be on the shelf when I want to buy it," types.

These systems aren't even 1/5 as difficult to score as an RTX 3080 anyways. Obviously a bunch of folks have never contended for a highly contested internet drop in their lives.
Hush.

Friend decided he wanted a PS5 day before yesterday. He started following Wario64 on Twitter that night as per my suggestion, got up to watch his kids at 6am, and scored one for pickup at Target.com that morning. It took him half a day. Get on board with how things work boyo.

once you get your PS5, download Destruction all stars!    great game and free from PS plus!    I was playing last night.

PSA everyone w/PS Plus:  add the game to your account now; so that later on you can download it after you get your system.   same with any and all titles, PS5, PS4.    Control also free on PS5, that is an amazing game!

Friend decided he wanted a PS5 day before yesterday. He started following Wario64 on Twitter that night as per my suggestion, got up to watch his kids at 6am, and scored one for pickup at Target.com yesterday morning. It took him < 1 day. Get on board with how things work boyo.
IN YOUR AREA!!! It's very luck based. I live in Southern California. For me, Target will you tell you to choose a different store because it's sold out at that store. When you choose a different store, you can see the stock in each one and no matter which one I choose, I get told to choose another store because that store is sold out. Some say to just keep trying to check out at that same store despite what it says and others say they are able to check out by constantly switching stores. It's incredibly difficult for MOST of us here. Just because you or your friend got it really easy does not mean it's the same for everyone and anyone that doesn't have a PS5 is lazy and not trying. I have been obsessed with buying one for 3 weeks now, barely getting any sleep. I still don't have one.

IN YOUR AREA!!! It's very luck based. I live in Southern California. For me, Target will you tell you to choose a different store because it's sold out at that store. When you choose a different store, you can see the stock in each one and no matter which one I choose, I get told to choose another store because that store is sold out. Some say to just keep trying to check out at that same store despite what it says and others say they are able to check out by constantly switching stores. It's incredibly difficult for MOST of us here. Just because you or your friend got it really easy does not mean it's the same for everyone and anyone that doesn't have a PS5 is lazy and not trying. I have been obsessed with buying one for 3 weeks now, barely getting any sleep. I still don't have one.
Exactly I live in south Florida. Literally scalper capital of the world. If the drop is based on local stock it’s sold out in under a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So buy it online like everyone else?
Now you're just trolling. He is trying to buy online. Local stock meaning places like Target and BB where they don't ship to you. You have to drive to one and pick it up. Therefore, you are at the mercy of how many each store has and how many people in your area will be buying one to either keep or resell.

Now you're just trolling. He is trying to buy online. Local stock meaning places like Target and BB where they don't ship to you. You have to drive to one and pick it up. Therefore, you are at the mercy of how many each store has and how many people in your area will be buying one to either keep or resell.
Exactly. He’s not gonna care about the explanation. If he got one I don’t know why he’s still on this forum thread.

finally got mine from best buy today, though with a pickup date of 3/6 I will wait until it is in my hand before i declare victory. and people talking about just starting to try and get one now and how easy it is, restocks have been way more abundant the past couple weeks than most of december and january.

How is it trolling? You order from Amazon and they ship it. You order from Costco and they ship it. Target and Best Buy both SHIPPED ME PS5s. If you're trying to do some in-store pickup scheme, you're doing it wrong. These are not that hard to get anymore. There is hardly a markup anymore. I won't waste anytime buying and flipping them anymore. sorry, not a true CAG

How is it trolling? You order from Amazon and they ship it. You order from Costco and they ship it. Target and Best Buy both SHIPPED ME PS5s. If you're trying to do some in-store pickup scheme, you're doing it wrong. These are not that hard to get anymore. There is hardly a markup anymore. I won't waste anytime buying and flipping them anymore. sorry, not a true CAG
target restock the other day was only for store pickup

My thing is...if you have a ps5 why are you in this thread and if it's so easy to get one then why do we have this thread? Rhetorical
I bought two PS5 bundles from Gamestop.com thanks to the CAG announcements earlier this week. In fact, they ship them directly to your front doorstep anywhere in the continental US.

Keep at it gamers, the bots and scalpers (both of which can F@$% off btw) are slowly dying. By now the usual stores are popping in with inventory in ever increasing frequency. I got lucky with Target (F#@% FINALLY!) mid-week, dropped in on app with in-store pick up it as it went live after trying like hell since last year. Keep at it and you will win!

They’ve been in store pickup for a couple of months now. Dude is a troll.

Maybe NOW, but it wasn't in the past. Like I said, there is no profit anymore to flip these, but Amazon and Costco certainly ship along with tons of others. If you can't find one now, you're not really trying that hard.

Maybe NOW, but it wasn't in the past. Like I said, there is no profit anymore to flip these, but Amazon and Costco certainly ship along with tons of others. If you can't find one now, you're not really trying that hard.
I’m actually trying negative.

OMG yes there is still profit. They are selling locally on offerup in my area for $700-$800 everyday. That means people are still getting at least $150 profit. Not sure why you are still here spreading lies. You have nothing better to do I guess.

They are only easy to find when you can readily buy them. To claim otherwise only makes you look like a jerk. It is especially bad to do this in a restock thread where people are actively trying to buy one.

Nice to see Gizmo is still up to his same gimmick.

It's still hard to find one, even when you follow stock update twitters, have a job that you can't sit and wait on them, or stay up all night trying to get one.  So if by being a responsible adult means "I'm not trying hard enough", you can fuck right off.

Been trying to help a couple buddies get one and it is still damn near impossible. I got lucky as shit getting the one I did. Also, there is still a ton of profit to be made on these so I have no idea where the fuck that statement came from lol

Been trying to help a couple buddies get one and it is still damn near impossible. I got lucky as shit getting the one I did. Also, there is still a ton of profit to be made on these so I have no idea where the fuck that statement came from lol
Good on you for helping your friends. Two of my best friends who claim to want a PS5 are completely full of shit. Tried to help them secure pre-orders back in August and one was too "busy eating" to be bothered. You just have to go click a couple of buttons but ok, I don't want to hear about it later then. Also offered each of them a system in the last month when I had one in-hand and they each politely declined. They didn't want to spend the money. "I'm going to be pretty busy at work the next few weeks so I won't have time, thanks buddy". But they LOVE to repeatedly talk about how hard it is to find one, and bitch about the lack of availability like they are a part of it somehow.

People are clowns. They need to be be able to purchase it with their Super Member's credit card where they get 3x bonus points on dog food, during a night when there's a full moon, and they're feeling in the mood. But oh they want one badly!

Good on you for helping your friends. Two of my best friends who claim to want a PS5 are completely full of shit. Tried to help them secure pre-orders back in August and one was too "busy eating" to be bothered. You just have to go click a couple of buttons but ok, I don't want to hear about it later then. Also offered each of them a system in the last month when I had one in-hand and they each politely declined. They didn't want to spend the money. "I'm going to be pretty busy at work the next few weeks so I won't have time, thanks buddy". But they LOVE to repeatedly talk about how hard it is to find one, and bitch about the lack of availability like they are a part of it somehow.

People are clowns. They need to be be able to purchase it with their Super Member's credit card where they get 3x bonus points on dog food, during a night when there's a full moon, and they're feeling in the mood. But oh they want one badly!

Lol. Who hurt you?

I've gotten 2 (1 pre-order, 1 after launch). I wouldn't say it's easy to get though it's easier to get now than before. Still, I can see why people would be having a hard time when stock drops randomly at 6AM or in the middle of the day without prior announcement.

I do agree that people who truly want one, aren't putting as much work as others. I've also had friends and family who say they want one, when I give them links to buy it (as it drops), they say they are busy watching TV. Well ok, but you can't complain if you barely try to get what is a rare item right now.

Again though, it's hard for everyone to get. I wouldn't look down on those who have missed out just because I and others have gotten them.

"Hey man, pre-orders are up! Go to Target.com quickly."

"Sorry can't. Busy fisting myself to The Bachelorette with the person I live with."

I've also had friends and family who say they want one, when I give them links to buy it (as it drops), they say they are busy watching TV. Well ok, but you can't complain if you barely try to get what is a rare item right now.
Exactly.

I think I'm finally out of the game. My most recent order was for my brother but I wasn't sure which version he wanted. We were texting earlier and he confirmed he was looking for a digital and that's what I got him, so I'm out! During the pre-order period at one point I had 5 orders. One I kept for myself (antonline), one bundle went to a friend (Costco) and a lone console went to another (Target). I ended up canceling Walmart and Best Buy orders since I'm not in the scalping game and no one else I knew wanted one. Between all the consoles, CPUs, and GPUs recently it's been a hell of time getting all this crap but it's finally over.

For now.

Yeah I was looking just for my friend and him finally getting one means I can stop stalking wario64 and this thread. He got lucky for sure after many strike out.

I think I'm finally out of the game. My most recent order was for my brother but I wasn't sure which version he wanted. We were texting earlier and he confirmed he was looking for a digital and that's what I got him, so I'm out! During the pre-order period at one point I had 5 orders. One I kept for myself (antonline), one bundle went to a friend (Costco) and a lone console went to another (Target). I ended up canceling Walmart and Best Buy orders since I'm not in the scalping game and no one else I knew wanted one. Between all the consoles, CPUs, and GPUs recently it's been a hell of time getting all this crap but it's finally over.

For now.
Fool

Finally was able to get a PS5 bundle thanks to this thread from last week's flash drop. I got really lucky and my local GS guy allowed return of Spiderman and the extra controller so in this case the bundle helped me get one despite the scalpers. 

So far really loving how quick the system moves through menus and the controller is surprisingly one of the best parts of the experience so far - very comfortable to use.  PS Plus collection of games is a sweet bonus too!

My daughter told me last week she wanted a PS5 for her birthday (which is today).  I was like, yeah, right.  She only wants it to play Bugsnax.  I am very casually looking for them in that once every few weeks I'll check Target or Best Buy or I'll look in the Fred Meyer electronics section when I'm there for groceries.  I was lucky to get a Series X from Target the day they came out (got a store pickup order in the night before), so I'm in no huge hurry.  I would have picked one up to surprise my daughter if it was easy to do, but I wasn't gonna go nuts trying to get it for just that.  She got plenty of other stuff ;).

Just seriously started looking for one recently, so far no luck and I'm not paying scalpers. My PS4 is a base model and so many of my PS4 games would just play better on a PS5.

These neckbeards complaining that target is always out of stock and how they won’t buy anywhere but target due to the 5% off red card, yet they won’t even pickup a bar of soap or stick of deodorant during their failed target runs to make things a little more pleasant for society. It’s all about them, their moms basement, and the mountain dew/cheetos that never leaves their side.

These neckbeards complaining that target is always out of stock and how they won’t buy anywhere but target due to the 5% off red card, yet they won’t even pickup a bar of soap or stick of deodorant during their failed target runs to make things a little more pleasant for society. It’s all about them, their moms basement, and the mountain dew/cheetos that never leaves their side.
So how does that really make you feel?

Dualsense headset worth it or nah?

Been bouncing back and forth about getting one as I already have 2 other HyperX headsets lol.  Just curious if there is that big of a difference.

bread's done
Back