Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Disc version at best buy is live

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-5-console/6426149.p?skuId=6426149

Digital

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-5-digital-edition-console/6430161.p?skuId=6430161

Here's what it says:

"How it's going to work:
Every few minutes, we're going to release more inventory.
Shortly, the button below will turn back to yellow (unless we sell out).
At that point, try adding it to your cart again.
Pro Tip: If that works, checkout as fast as you can. It won't be reserved until you are in checkout. Good luck!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Disc version at best buy is live

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-5-console/6426149.p?skuId=6426149

Digital

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-5-digital-edition-console/6430161.p?skuId=6430161

Here's what it says:

"How it's going to work:
Every few minutes, we're going to release more inventory.
Shortly, the button below will turn back to yellow (unless we sell out).
At that point, try adding it to your cart again.
Pro Tip: If that works, checkout as fast as you can. It won't be reserved until you are in checkout. Good luck!"
Says sold out :(

So I managed to snag a ps5 from Walmart yesterday but it says it’s arriving by April 13. Will it really take that long or is this just a placeholder date?

So I managed to snag a ps5 from Walmart yesterday but it says it’s arriving by April 13. Will it really take that long or is this just a placeholder date?
My Feb 4th order took nine days to be delivered. It said it would arrive by March 3rd. So you should get it sooner.

Just got an order in at BB 2 minutes ago. Wasn't even trying, lol.

Edit: Looks like it's still up. If you're on PC I highly recommend clicking the "check other stores in your area" link and bouncing around between different stores (obviously only choose ones you're willing to travel to). It's easy to spam ATC and you're increasing your chances of finding a store with stock as they all seem to go in and out.

Managed to get a PS5 from Best Buy but none around my area but plenty in New Mexico, going to have my uncle pick it up for me and send it to tri State area.

If you're still looking I highly recommend going to BB. Looks like bundles are still active, and they're not bad as far as bundles go.

Edit: nevermind. It looks like BB's bundles work differently than other retailers. .

If you're still looking I highly recommend going to BB. Looks like bundles are still active, and they're not bad as far as bundles go.

Edit: nevermind. It looks like BB's bundles work differently than other retailers. .
BB, like Target is very YMMY. It's all dependent on your stores stock. Also depends on if you live in a heavily populated area. You might be able to check out no problem whereas others have to constantly check other stores. It's why some have stated they don't even bother with that and just keep spamming checkout regardless of BB or Target stating it's not in stock at that store. Unless it kicks you off of that store, people have stated they were able to get it.

Helped my buddy snag one from the BB drop this morning.  Now hunting for one last one for my other good friend.  So close I can taste it lol

they meant good customer
Lol I already have my own, and he is keeping his. fuck a profit on these. I am all about the hustle, but during these covid times, everyone needs to be able to smile one way or another. I don't need to fuck someone out of a PS5 just to feel good about myself.

And as far as "good customer", a good friend ain't the same thing.

I scratched the itch to scalp one system in December, but I’ve otherwise supplied all my coworkers with systems for no profit. They even offered a finders fee in which I declined. It’s the thrill of the hunt and happy faces for me.

I scratched the itch to scalp one system in December, but I’ve otherwise supplied all my coworkers with systems for no profit. They even offered a finders fee in which I declined. It’s the thrill of the hunt and happy faces for me.
Can you find me one hahaha been a second too late it seems on all my attempts

Got mine during the last Wally drop. Glad to see the 'Apr 13' isn't necessarily accurate. I didn't totally need one yet but since I never got a Pro I can continue to clear the backlog while enjoying some upgrades.

Didn't get the email, Got the "shipped" confirmation today w/tracking #. when I checked on the walmart app/website when I was on the road.

Just got back from a local Target. 16 on hand 15 in back for disc and 4 on hand 2 in back for digital. So those of you still looking, Target should be dropping any day now.

I am not successful at Target. Some here have stated they got a PS5 by just spamming checkout even if it says the store doesn't have it in stock. Is that your strategy too?
I got one about a week ago spamming checkout for about 15-20 mins using the app. After about 10 minutes I thought I should just give up because they must surely all be gone.

Southern California (LA County) ordered the first wave on 3/4 with an estimate of April 10th and it shipped this morning for delivery today via ontrac. It's currently 10 mins away from me so I'm hoping it gets here ok. No email but my tracking info was listed in my walmart order history. Ontrac sucks from what I've read and I've only got a few packages from them years ago when Amazon used to use them a lot. 

Update 1: Out for delivery now 

Update 2: Guy in a older rav4 with a bunch of them packed into his car dropped it off at 9:19am and everything was sealed. Haven't booted it up yet need to make room.

Southern California (LA County) ordered the first wave on 3/4 with an estimate of April 10th and it shipped this morning for delivery today via ontrac. It's currently 10 mins away from me so I'm hoping it gets here ok. No email but my tracking info was listed in my walmart order history. Ontrac sucks from what I've read and I've only got a few packages from them years ago when Amazon used to use them a lot.

Update 1: Out for delivery now

Update 2: Guy in a older rav4 with a bunch of them packed into his car dropped it off at 9:19am and everything was sealed. Haven't booted it up yet need to make room.
I live in OC and I got mine today! No fed ex tracking showed up on my app at all over the last couple of days so I assumed it hadn't shipped yet. I got an email telling me my PS5 was delivered. I open my door and a big box is standing there. No knock, no doorbell ring. Very strange. I live in a pretty safe neighborhood so all is good but still very fortunate that I was home. Anyway, time to plug this thing in and start my transfer from my Pro. I thought Walmart always uses Fed Ex. Be on the lookout if you were part of this wave of drops.

I live in OC and I got mine today! No fed ex tracking showed up on my app at all over the last couple of days so I assumed it hadn't shipped yet. I got an email telling me my PS5 was delivered. I open my door and a big box is standing there. No knock, no doorbell ring. Very strange. I live in a pretty safe neighborhood so all is good but still very fortunate that I was home. Anyway, time to plug this thing in and start my transfer from my Pro. I thought Walmart always uses Fed Ex. Be on the lookout if you were part of this wave of drops.
Hope you have a LAN cable, otherwise good luck with that transfer!

$10 says mine will be the only one to actually show up Apr 13th... Still no changes on the track order page.

As for what was said a while ago I think that's become the norm. I order things online often enough. We have a working doorbell. Nobody uses it, no knock either. Drop and run which at first seems suspicious as I've had a few crushed boxes arrive over the years, but now that Amazon has their own vans and shippers use third parties they probably don't want to meet a lot of people face to face. I don't use a phone so sometimes I'll only know something is here when I check my Email at some point.

The delivery driver doesn't have to meet anyone. Just knock or ring and leave. It's a lot faster than checking your email for a notification of delivery. I had a local delivery that had no time or date for when it was supposed to be delivered. No knock, no ring, no email. Never would've seen it if I hadn't opened the door for another reason.

The delivery driver doesn't have to meet anyone. Just knock or ring and leave. It's a lot faster than checking your email for a notification of delivery. I had a local delivery that had no time or date for when it was supposed to be delivered. No knock, no ring, no email. Never would've seen it if I hadn't opened the door for something else.
Nah they don't have to but what reason could they have to not do anything? I mean nobody answers the door instantly if they were afraid of close contact. Maybe they're not even walking to the porch? Throw the box? Sheeze.

Show of hands for those still without a PS5?

*Aye*

Have everything aside from the actual console, the charger, headset, remote, extra controller and camera. Just no console, for now.

Show of hands for those still without a PS5?

*Aye*

Have everything aside from the actual console, the charger, headset, remote, extra controller and camera. Just no console, for now.
A lot of people

tenor.gif

Just 3 games here. I wasn't going to get the camera right away since there's supposed to be an adapter for the PS4 model. Their online tool sucks, it doesn't work so I don't know what I'm gonna do about VR.

Just 3 games here. I wasn't going to get the camera right away since there's supposed to be an adapter for the PS4 model. Their online tool sucks, it doesn't work so I don't know what I'm gonna do about VR.
I got my adapter months ago. Was very easy to do. It came without letting me know though. Just appeared on my doorstep one day.

Mine came today and couldn't be happier. Already got my ps4 saves and game upgrades installed. Controller feels awesome. Put the PS4 in living room when wife kicks me out of the bedroom for yelling too late playing Siege or Fifa 😂. The remote play works excellent! Spider-Man Miles PS5 version worked great using the PS4 system.

If you're still looking be patient, I know it's crazy I was looking 4 months straight, multiple times a day. The PS5 links were my most visited sites...I still click on them maybe I got used to doing it lol.

Has anyone from the North East from the Wal Mart drop had it change from "Preparing"? I've seen Georgia, Louisiana, and Cali people get theirs/tracking so I'm thinking it's a regional thing for shipping out.

bread's done
Back