Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

you don't need to be a member to use this site...or target, or Walmart, our the rest of the fucking internet to look for a ps5. You also don't need to sit in front of a computer all day. Most people have something called a phone. if you're trying to help others why don't you help users on here then?
You are a miserable little fuck. So since someone is kind and wants to help their friends and family then they must, according to you, help strangers on the internet? Shut the hell up.

Even though we argue on here it's like this community is still one big family 😁
the funny thing is I'm not the user who openly said these people that are selling to friends and family are resellers. And then you have people moving goalposts trying to make sense(the post below yours) and it has nothing to do with what I said lol

Last edited by a moderator:
the funny thing is I'm not the user who openly said these people that are selling to friends and family are resellers. And then you have people moving goalposts trying to make sense(the post below yours) and it has nothing to do with that I said lol
With the way you act on here, I see why you probably have no friends that are willing to help you get a PS5.

Going to try my best to pick up a PS5 this weekend and coming week, as with the Stimulus payments coming in, I am betting those with extra cash will be also trying their best to pick up a PS5 with that money in the next month or so. Not enough systems to go around.

you don't need to be a member to use this site...or target, or Walmart, our the rest of the fucking internet to look for a ps5. You also don't need to sit in front of a computer all day. Most people have something called a phone. if you're trying to help others why don't you help users on here then?
You’re a fucking moron and a terrible troll. People can’t look at their phones all day either. They have jobs that don’t allow it.

You’re a fucking moron and a terrible troll. People can’t look at their phones all day either. They have jobs that don’t allow it.
dude you're 64 years old hunting for ps5s all day while you're "working" also calling people names online all the time. I'll be a terrible troll then.

Anyway, back on topic.

Amazon is supposed to drop again next week.

Here's an ATC link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add.html?ASIN.1=B08FC5L3RG&ASIN.2=B08FC6MR62&Quantity.1=1

Link is for disk.

Here's a Digital link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add.html?ASIN.1=B08FC5L3RG&ASIN.2=B08FC6MR62&Quantity.2=1

Someone I know on another site said they used a link like that and got one launch day, no issue.  Described it like the Wal Mart ATC link where it adds to cart and you're not fighting errors on the actual product page. If you follow Jake Randall on Twitter, he says he'll post when it's gonna drop at some point next week.

7AM. I live on the East Coast. One of my extras is going to a local friend for $540. The GameStop will probably be sold at cost to someone over on GTZ. You can believe me, or not. I don't resell stuff. Wal-Mart will ship, I got mine yesterday. It's the extra going to a local friend at cost, rounded up to $540. I'm getting a $0.46 "profit" on that one.
I think I tried at 7 and at 8 (on more than one morning) so I dunno about the timing. They weren't shipping so my local Targ probably got 2 and they were stolen by employees by the time it went live.

Some don't, me included. I don't see the point wasting that much money on a phone. A PS5 I'll use though.

Sold my last PS5 on hand today. Offered my cousin one at cost but he passed.

All in all, my efforts paid for my own $855 bundle from GameStop that I’m playing on and a bit more on top.

My local offerup is FLOODED with PS5's. I see a lot going for $700-$750. I have seen some for as low as $650. This is good news. Prices are going down because either people are finally refusing the higher prices or more and more people that want them are getting them on their own. My area anyway. Southern California.

My local offerup is FLOODED with PS5's. I see a lot going for $700-$750. I have seen some for as low as $650. This is good news. Prices are going down because either people are finally refusing the higher prices or more and more people that want them are getting them on their own. My area anyway. Southern California.
Same in my area. In my area you can't any that rely on local stock (best buy or target) as a non bot using regular person. I'm glad they're getting stuck with their inventory and have to basically sell them for what they paid.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Same in my area, just checked. I think the other thing is for both next gen consoles is that there isn't a ton of next gen games out yet. So I could imagine people trying for a console via retail and not bothering to deal with scalpers because there isn't really much to play right now that is worth the extra prices. We probably had the initial I need a PS5 for Xmas rush but now I think people will get one when they can, no rush.

Yup. I sold a couple back in Dec/Jan for $800-$850. Sold one in Feb for $750. Just sold a couple in the last week for $675 each. Prices of new sealed games like Demon's Souls, CoD, Spider-Man, Sackboy and Dual Sense controllers are also heavily discounted since folks are needing to sell them separately from the console itself that they got from bundles.

Probably just a couple more months until perhaps the average consumer will be able to get one without much effort.

Never heard of Offerup. I see a few on the local CL though for varying prices. Dunno if they're selling, they tend to hang around for days.

So my PS5 showed up this morning from the Walmart drop. Walmart still says preparing order and has not charged me for it with the option to cancel.

So my PS5 showed up this morning from the Walmart drop. Walmart still says preparing order and has not charged me for it with the option to cancel.
Best Buy did that to me with instore pickup. Eventually they charged me like a week later. Walmart is a shit show so who knows what they’ll do.

I have had this happen many times. You will get charged. I have canceled stuff weeks before release then and it still shows up and I get changed. Even if you try to cancel in sure it will just state pending and never go threw.

I have had this happen many times. You will get charged. I have canceled stuff weeks before release then and it still shows up and I get changed. Even if you try to cancel in sure it will just state pending and never go threw.
I’m not gonna do this but if someone didn’t have the funds to get charged, and the transaction bounces, then what would they do? lol

Huh. Fedex just left me a canoe sized box and yeah my card wasn't charged yet. Although I should mention just last week I ordered some snacks and cat food, the package arrived on a Fri or Sat and it wasn't until the following Mon I got the shipping Email. Wally has it backwards.

Well shit, now what... The system is too dang big. The shelf I use for gaming 'could' fit it laying down with barely any room for the vents. And until I decide where it's going, it's standing on my desk and damn near the same size as my regular TV.

Well shit, now what... The system is too dang big. The shelf I use for gaming 'could' fit it laying down with barely any room for the vents. And until I decide where it's going, it's standing on my desk and damn near the same size as my regular TV.
There is just no logical reason this thing is so big

Haven’t received my stimulus yet hopefully Monday at least
You kids today thinking about spending your stimulus money on PS5s and avocado toast... when i was young, we wouldve put it in a savings account and let it accrue 5% APY. You really have to rethink your choices in life... and when you rethink them... hell yeah spend that shit on fun stuff! That's what the stim is for.

You kids today thinking about spending your stimulus money on PS5s and avocado toast... when i was young, we wouldve put it in a savings account and let it accrue 5% APY. You really have to rethink your choices in life... and when you rethink them... hell yeah spend that shit on fun stuff! That's what the stim is for.
Lol savings accounts haven’t had a 5% APY in nearly 20 years. If ever read the book rich dad poor dad he says the same thing...book hasn’t been updated in years to reflect the currently low rates. It’s low to encourage stock investing. You’re really dating yourself. Wish we still had high apys.

Kinda funny considering how everything else gets smaller. Sure I understand the need for cooling, few people do like I do and clean the insides once in a while. This is just loony. I hope they don't intend people to use it upright, I've never trusted or used a console in that orientation. Even if I wanted to there's no place for it except behind the TV.

I'm also gonna need those darker face plates soon. It's sitting right under the side light and I haven't had a brightly colored console since the DC. Well no, my GC was silver.

Lol. 5%? I wish. I'm totally one of those people who should get out more and I use things until they actually break or wear out. I've always saved tax refunds and gifts, at one point getting some CD's at the bank which may have been half that. They're making crap all at the moment.

Like you said this was meant to be spent to get things moving again. Between that and not getting a pro I splurged for a change.

Especially when you consider the form factor that Microsoft achieved with the XSX and the fact that their console is (on paper) a little more powerful than what Sony did with the PS5. Its size is really the only thing I hate about my PS5. Well, that and the color scheme they chose. I'll definitely be replacing those plates with black ones sooner rather than later

Lol savings accounts haven’t had a 5% APY in nearly 20 years. If ever read the book rich dad poor dad he says the same thing...book hasn’t been updated in years to reflect the currently low rates. It’s low to encourage stock investing. You’re really dating yourself. Wish we still had high apys.
Technically there is a sort of savings option that still currently gives more than 5% APY. If you invest in the crypto USDC on the Voyager app they are currently offering a 9% APY on USDC. USDC is a stablecoin that is always going to be $1 USD per coin and on Voyager it's FDIC insured. Works just like a savings account, you can pull money out at any time but you would need to transfer it to a bank.

I do a split between Betterment and USDC on Voyager for my savings which I deposit money on a weekly basis. So I am using the stimulus to buy a PS5.

I guess I forgot the /s at the beginning of my post for some people.

In all seriousness, if you have to pay back rent or debt, obviously do that first. But if you can afford to, spend that shit on stuff you may not need.

Technically there is a sort of savings option that still currently gives more than 5% APY. If you invest in the crypto USDC on the Voyager app they are currently offering a 9% APY on USDC. USDC is a stablecoin that is always going to be $1 USD per coin and on Voyager it's FDIC insured. Works just like a savings account, you can pull money out at any time but you would need to transfer it to a bank.

I do a split between Betterment and USDC on Voyager for my savings which I deposit money on a weekly basis. So I am using the stimulus to buy a PS5.
My old tablet doesn't run a lot of apps anymore. I'm also not gonna pretend I understand this investment stuff. It's like of course there are better rates if you know where to go, but for me it's like reading chinese. CD's pay a little better than straight up savings, at least it's simple.

It's too bad really. Last year I saw GS stock was low and knowing new consoles were coming that number HAD to go up. I should have done my homework. What went down would have been like hitting the lotto.

I think that amazon rumor of restock was because of the stimulus coming this week. Wouldn't be surprised if all retailers get a lot in at the end of the week.

I think that amazon rumor of restock was because of the stimulus coming this week. Wouldn't be surprised if all retailers get a lot in at the end of the week.
I concur. It seems the system is nearly common at this point. In the past you had to go through hoops to get it. Nowadays I’ve had plenty of chances to buy it and always skipped. I finally did buy one only because I was able to buy it for three fiddy.

Definitely not common and there are endless hoops... but I hope you are right about the near future. The more aggravated I get the less I want it, tbh.

bread's done
Back