Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

My old tablet doesn't run a lot of apps anymore. I'm also not gonna pretend I understand this investment stuff. It's like of course there are better rates if you know where to go, but for me it's like reading chinese. CD's pay a little better than straight up savings, at least it's simple.

It's too bad really. Last year I saw GS stock was low and knowing new consoles were coming that number HAD to go up. I should have done my homework. What went down would have been like hitting the lotto.
Buy index fund, that is all you have to do. Either buy the SP500 or Total Market index fund from a brokerage like Fidelity or Vanguard and keep buying constantly. You should of course open a Roth IRA account and buy your index fund there for tax free growth.

Keep in mind, you are actually losing money in your savings or CD if the rate is not higher than the inflation rate. Any money that is not being saved for emergency or short term goals should not be sitting there long term. Also, the amount you earned in savings and CD are considered taxable income, so the rate you want to earn has to actually be a little higher than the inflation rate if you just want to keep your money from losing value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically there is a sort of savings option that still currently gives more than 5% APY. If you invest in the crypto USDC on the Voyager app they are currently offering a 9% APY on USDC. USDC is a stablecoin that is always going to be $1 USD per coin and on Voyager it's FDIC insured. Works just like a savings account, you can pull money out at any time but you would need to transfer it to a bank.

I do a split between Betterment and USDC on Voyager for my savings which I deposit money on a weekly basis. So I am using the stimulus to buy a PS5.
I just looked into this they are not FDIC insured. They say their banking partners are so if the banking partner folds you’re fine....but it says noting about voyager themselves being FDIC insured or which accounts are FDIC insured. So it’s a risky grey area like Robinhood tried pulling off when they tried using privatized insurance meant for short term investments to secure deposits. Not a bad idea for a small amount of money. Wouldn’t give them my life’s savings.

You’re honestly better off buying crypto on your own or just putting your money in an s&p index fund. Returns will be better and in all honesty safer. You’re giving voyager a 5% loan is all.

Also saw a risk disclosure on their site..
“ Cryptocurrency held on the Voyager Platform is not protected by FDIC insurance or any other government-backed or third party insurance.”

FYI these two links are miss leading.
https://www.investvoyager.com/riskdisclosure/

https://rewards.investvoyager.com/interest/?_ga=2.105179587.1560408626.1615765508-178986675.1615765508

On the plus side there aren't many exclusives right now so you aren't missing out on much

I was just about to say the same thing. That's the only thing keeping me from not getting irritated. I'm not missing out on anything
What finally made me decide to open mine tonight after a few days of debating on keeping it was perspective. To me it isn’t a new gaming console. I’ve learned to look at it like a new PC. You don’t buy it to play new gen games at the beginning. You buy it as an upgrade to play your older stuff even better than ever and then know it’s good for the next few years of new games.

What finally made me decide to open mine tonight after a few days of debating on keeping it was perspective. To me it isn’t a new gaming console. I’ve learned to look at it like a new PC. You don’t buy it to play new gen games at the beginning. You buy it as an upgrade to play your older stuff even better than ever and then know it’s good for the next few years of new games.
when i built a new pc it was because i wanted a pc to run a new game coming out lol

I'd imagine anyone who buys a console in the first few months is thinking what's to come rather than what's out now. Unless you're buying Nin.

You kids today thinking about spending your stimulus money on PS5s and avocado toast... when i was young, we wouldve put it in a savings account and let it accrue 5% APY. You really have to rethink your choices in life... and when you rethink them... hell yeah spend that shit on fun stuff! That's what the stim is for.
I actually have bills to pay and I’ll be using most of it on car repair. I already have a ps5 but hey I’ll definitely grab the latest Kobe shoe release so I don’t feel like “I wasted” it all on bills

You kids today thinking about spending your stimulus money on PS5s and avocado toast... when i was young, we wouldve put it in a savings account and let it accrue 5% APY. You really have to rethink your choices in life... and when you rethink them... hell yeah spend that shit on fun stuff! That's what the stim is for.
Except now interest rates on checking and savings accounts are less than 1%. No money to be made that way. Besides the risky stock market and very long term IRAs and mutual funds. So unless you are struggling to meet bills, you might as well as enjoy the stimulus payment and buy those games/ systems. After all, the stimulus payment is to also help get the economy back in the right direction by spending it whether on bills or frivolous things.

Except now interest rates on checking and savings accounts are less than 1%. No money to be made that way. Besides the risky stock market and very long term IRAs and mutual funds. So unless you are struggling to meet bills, you might as well as enjoy the stimulus payment and buy those games/ systems. After all, the stimulus payment is to also help get the economy back in the right direction by spending it whether on bills or frivolous things.
I was being facetious about the 5% APY. I had a CD I bought at 2% last year. When it expired they wanted me to renew for .6%. fuck that. Savings account are like .1%. Not even worth it. 1000 gets you $1 a year? Why even bother.

Since someone brought up Spider-Man a couple posts up, has Miles Morales PS5 ever been on sale?  I want it but don't want to pay full price and I haven't seen discounts anywhere.

Since someone brought up Spider-Man a couple posts up, has Miles Morales PS5 ever been on sale? I want it but don't want to pay full price and I haven't seen discounts anywhere.
I'd check your local offerup or facebook marketplace, I've seen a lot of them being sold for cheap due to the bundles. That said also know that the PS4 miles morales gets a free upgrade to the PS5 version and you can pay $20 once upgraded to add Spider-man remastered as well.

So if you see a dirt cheap PS4 version that's worth grabbing.

Since someone brought up Spider-Man a couple posts up, has Miles Morales PS5 ever been on sale? I want it but don't want to pay full price and I haven't seen discounts anywhere.
Try ebay. You can get a brand new sealed copies of the Ultimate Edition for $40 -$45 shipped. People are selling games that retailer bundled with the PS5 at good discount.

Just like the bundle HSN had on their website except $200 - $300 dollars less & The accessories in these bundles isn't worth it as they're not worth the price-mark-up, IMO (except for an extra PS5 dualsense controller if that's in the bundles is the only best accessory in the bundle) & The prices are up in the scalper ranges.

I was being facetious about the 5% APY. I had a CD I bought at 2% last year. When it expired they wanted me to renew for .6%. fuck that. Savings account are like .1%. Not even worth it. 1000 gets you $1 a year? Why even bother.
I opened mine when it was over 2% and it's been going downhill. Now it's doing next to nothing but still, if I don't need it right this minute and don't know enough to do anything else with it (nothing risky), why not leave it and hope rates rise soon. The PS5 was a rare treat so the rest will get chucked in the account.

I'd check your local offerup or facebook marketplace, I've seen a lot of them being sold for cheap due to the bundles. That said also know that the PS4 miles morales gets a free upgrade to the PS5 version and you can pay $20 once upgraded to add Spider-man remastered as well.

So if you see a dirt cheap PS4 version that's worth grabbing.
Try ebay. You can get a brand new sealed copies of the Ultimate Edition for $40 -$45 shipped. People are selling games that retailer bundled with the PS5 at good discount.
Ok, thanks for the tips coruman & blueweltall. I'll take a look.

I was in queue since like 5:30 EST and even waited like 15 minutes on the countdown last night and it sold out. I hear it’s random still meh. Oh well there is always another day.

I was able to preorder the dualsense 5 charging station in store today at gamestop.  They told me they expected them in on 3/19/21 but the date had changed a few times in the system she had said, so who knows, but I hadn't seen anywhere else to get the stupid charging dock.

Instead of putting us in a boring queue, I would like Sony to put us in a "Fall Guys" style game.  We all race through an obstacle to grab a virtual PS5 to put into our carts.  Then we rush to the check out line, lol.

Instead of putting us in a boring queue, I would like Sony to put us in a "Fall Guys" style game. We all race through an obstacle to grab a virtual PS5 to put into our carts. Then we rush to the check out line, lol.
Might as well stick with the lotto. Too much luck involved with that game and trolls like to screw everyone else up. I know it's supposed to be goofy but it's also frustrating just the same.

Anyway, back on topic.

Amazon is supposed to drop again next week.

Here's an ATC link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add.html?ASIN.1=B08FC5L3RG&ASIN.2=B08FC6MR62&Quantity.1=1

Link is for disk.

Here's a Digital link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aws/cart/add.html?ASIN.1=B08FC5L3RG&ASIN.2=B08FC6MR62&Quantity.2=1

Someone I know on another site said they used a link like that and got one launch day, no issue. Described it like the Wal Mart ATC link where it adds to cart and you're not fighting errors on the actual product page. If you follow Jake Randall on Twitter, he says he'll post when it's gonna drop at some point next week.
re-posting this for people for tomorrow

Might as well stick with the lotto. Too much luck involved with that game and trolls like to screw everyone else up. I know it's supposed to be goofy but it's also frustrating just the same.
What I'm suggesting is just for fun, it's obviously not gonna happen. Luck is involved with the queue too. With probably thousands trying to get into a queue, it's matter of luck that you'll get in before it sells out. Regarding trolls, there would be no interaction between characters. They would go through each other.

What I'm suggesting is just for fun, it's obviously not gonna happen. Luck is involved with the queue too. With probably thousands trying to get into a queue, it's matter of luck that you'll get in before it sells out. Regarding trolls, there would be no interaction between characters. They would go through each other.
Oh I know. Just commenting that they're both irritating no matter how much you prepare.

Wal-Mart goes live today at 3PM EST:

https://affil.walmart.com/cart/addToCart?items=363472942

Disk add to cart link

https://affil.walmart.com/cart/addToCart?items=493824815

digital add to cart link

When these went live last time, the ATC links were dead after 3 or 4 drops.

When it's 3PM start spamming refresh for the link, when it works the page could freeze you with a blank white screen and if it does, refresh again and checkout ASAP.  Have an account, saved payment info as well as your CVV number in your paste bin as it asks for that.

I got Wal Mart on the last drop like this at the first drop.

Xbox Series X also goes live today at 2:30 PM EST. If you take those add to cart links and replace the numbers at the end with anything else, it does the same thing.

bread's done
Back