Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Hey Jodou, I ask this legitimately: Why would people cave and spend 50-100% above MSRP to own the PS5 now? Using one for the past two weeks hasn't changed my opinion on it, that it's a nice toy that just isn't ready yet without any exclusive games. Astro is fun though it's just a tech demo.
I don't have a solid answer for what foolish people do.

GameStop is always bundles now. have they ever sold just the system?
Thing that is BS is in the email they send out it says limited stand alone consoles and bundle... im yet to see a stand alone console sold and eventually they got the smack down put on them buy Nintendo for holding Switches hostage to bundles when that system was new.

Im seriously considering selling my ps5. Haven’t played it in weeks, and I don’t see the need to hold on to it if I don’t play it soon.

My 3/18 walmart order arrived last night. Cool system but I think i like my Series X better. Not real big on the new ps5 interface.. Glad I have both however. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my PS5 today. As goofy as it's gonna sound, my favorite feature isn't the loading times, or the haptic feedback, or even the 4K (which my OG PS4 couldn't do).

It's the system-level settings for subtitles. Y'all have no idea what a quality of life improvement it's going to be for me not having to worry about turning subtitles on when I play a new game.

Just got a delayed email in regards to the March 18th Wal-Mart order.
Got the same email this morning, so Walmart must not have been able to secure the number they sold.

edit: just got through chatting with Walmart and said mine should be sent out on the 11th.

Got the same email this morning, so Walmart must not have been able to secure the number they sold.

edit: just got through chatting with Walmart and said mine should be sent out on the 11th.
I also got the delayed email from the Mar 18th drop but it finally updated to shipped today!

Says it should be here by Tue.

Got my PS5 today. As goofy as it's gonna sound, my favorite feature isn't the loading times, or the haptic feedback, or even the 4K (which my OG PS4 couldn't do).

It's the system-level settings for subtitles. Y'all have no idea what a quality of life improvement it's going to be for me not having to worry about turning subtitles on when I play a new game.
Yep, they totally nailed their target audience. :whistle2:

Im seriously considering selling my ps5. Haven’t played it in weeks, and I don’t see the need to hold on to it if I don’t play it soon.
I regret not selling when it peaked at $1200 on the low end two weeks before Christmas. Game Pass is just too easy to have an infinite library of games to play. Hell, I may even try MLB the Show just because.

Outriders is pretty legit though. . .

Yep, they totally nailed their target audience. :whistle2:
I mean, make fun. It's fine. But as a hearing impaired gamer, I'm used to being everyone else's collateral damage because "iT'S ToO DistRaCtInG" to have subtitles on by default in a game.

Now, as long as the game has subtitles, fuck what they think: I'm good.

It's not that I don't *care* about everything else Sony is doing with the next gen, don't get me wrong.

It's that, as quality of life goes, this is gonna matter to me more than loading times (and I say that as a heavy player of Borderlands 3 on PS4, where you can just about make a meal waiting for the game to start from scratch).

I regret not selling when it peaked at $1200 on the low end two weeks before Christmas. Game Pass is just too easy to have an infinite library of games to play. Hell, I may even try MLB the Show just because.

I sold mine for $600 used. Full asking price and I included a sealed miles Morales ultimate edition. Kyle was skeptical because who would sell a ps5 below buying price? Yet in the end very happy.

When I can play Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and Sucker Punch games on Game Pass I'll take a look at it. Gamepass is in itself an amazing deal, but Microsoft hasn't released many quality games since the 360. I suspect 2 or 3 years from now some of these 1st party investments Microsoft has made will start releasing great games, until that time comes Microsoft is behind both Sony and Nintendo when it comes to games I enjoy.

When I can play Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and Sucker Punch games on Game Pass I'll take a look at it. Gamepass is in itself an amazing deal, but Microsoft hasn't released many quality games since the 360. I suspect 2 or 3 years from now some of these 1st party investments Microsoft has made will start releasing great games, until that time comes Microsoft is behind both Sony and Nintendo when it comes to games I enjoy.
Seems like Microsoft will do more m&as of major studios. I can see gamepass being a bigger deal in 5-10 yrs. I can also see the price jumping up too in that timeframe. Wouldn’t shock me if m$ made some big moves soon.

Well Sunset Overdrive is on Gamepass and is Insomniac. :)

But yeah there are lots of great games on it, but it all depends on your preferences. Sony really stepped up their game since mid-PS4 era on exclusives (people tend to forget that early on the PS4 exclusives were pretty lacking, other than Bloodborne). Microsoft has really put the pieces in place to up their game, but we do need to wait to see on this. They very well could see a similar renaissance.

How does this Sony Direct queue work anyway? Is it random? I've always been given an estimated wait time of an hour. Does that mean it's a no go?
from what i understand its random, at first everyone has more than an hour, then when they are released for sale the time updates according to where you are in the randomized queue. i say that with never seeing less than an hour before they are sold out.

I got in. I opened a bunch of browsers and a couple actually gave me a time that was actual minutes instead of "over an hour."

But digital was all they had left so I had to pass.

This would be annoying if I really wanted a console. Button says ADD TO CART, I click on it, it makes me go through a captcha, and only afterward tells me there's no more product.

I successfully secured a bundle order from gamestop. Not sure if this is helpful advice or if I was just lucky this time, but instead of spamming F5 and checking/unchecking the protection plan box, I just refreshed once every five minutes or so. Got it in my cart after about 15 or 20 minutes.

Funny, that's the one I want, but had to settle for a Disc Drive version.
Settle for the disc drive? I can't imagine why anyone would intentionally buy a Digital edition, particularly when the console is backwards compatible with older games. You're just limiting yourself with movies and games.

Settle for the disc drive? I can't imagine why anyone would intentionally buy a Digital edition, particularly when the console is backwards compatible with older games. You're just limiting yourself with movies and games.
I have literally hundreds of games from Xbox through Xbox One, but all I want is a Series S from them this gen. I see PS5 being my primary console, and spending $200 extra for BC is not hugely appealing.

Could be a similar issue in reverse. They see themselves mostly playing Series X for three gen BC and GP, but want the cheaper PS5 for Sony exclusives.

Not quite as strong a position for digital ps5 as series S, but could be a thing.

It's mostly the younger generation that have a very digital mindset. But we're also on a site dedicated to selling/trading and finding deals. I'd never go full digital on console until sale prices are like Steam.

I bought Demon's Souls for $45 used and AFAIK it hasn't went on sale in any way digitally. You save more in the end with a disk drive and buying used.

It's mostly the younger generation that have a very digital mindset. But we're also on a site dedicated to selling/trading and finding deals. I'd never go full digital on console until sale prices are like Steam.
Sale prices on Steam aren't even like sale prices on Steam anymore.

For whatever reason, Sony Direct allowed an additional order on the same account.

I don't know if the one per account (address?) restriction has been lifted, but it worked.

Yep, and I've never cared about any MS first-party games either. The studios you listed off are one-trick ponies now under Sony's guidance; being forced to regurgitate the same games over and over as they're only interested in blockbusters now.

Sony has a new real threat: management.

Yep, and I've never cared about any MS first-party games either. The studios you listed off are one-trick ponies now under Sony's guidance; being forced to regurgitate the same games over and over as they're only interested in blockbusters now.

Sony has a new real threat: management.
Meanwhile, Nintendo is selling $50 WiiU games for $60 and laughing.

Meanwhile, Nintendo is selling $50 WiiU games for $60 and laughing.
Huh? First party WiiU games were almost always $60, and Nintendo held their prices up except for the odd sale until when and if they joined the budget line years after release. And Nintendo has done a pretty good job of adding significant content to their WiiU to Switch upgrades, like Bowser's Fury wasn't some tiny throwaway piece.

I get they could charge less, but it isn't a really good choice of example.

bread's done
Back