Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Huh? First party WiiU games were almost always $60, and Nintendo held their prices up except for the odd sale until when and if they joined the budget line years after release. And Nintendo has done a pretty good job of adding significant content to their WiiU to Switch upgrades, like Bowser's Fury wasn't some tiny throwaway piece.

I get they could charge less, but it isn't a really good choice of example.
It was kind of a mixed bag if I remember correctly. Donkey Kong TF and Wind Waker HD were $50. But I think Mario 3d world was $60. Breathe of the wild was probably $60 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not get a plate that replaces the black part on the controller for $10? Unless you want a full paint job.
Yeah, I was waiting for the colors as well, so I went for the plates that swap out the black part of the DualSense. Made one controller red, the other blue. They work great and look really good. I like different colors so I can keep track of which is which.

Every Target store claimed to have them this morning within driving distance from me. I try to buy one, says not available at each of the stores I tried. It's so ridiculous.

Every Target store claimed to have them this morning within driving distance from me. I try to buy one, says not available at each of the stores I tried. It's so ridiculous.
Same thing happened to me. It did that until it was OOS everywhere. I'm tapping out. Maybe by next year they will be readily available.

for me it was going to go though but the card company though it was going to be a fraud purchase so instead target said can't process payment method, choose a different one 

Same thing happened to me. It did that until it was OOS everywhere. I'm tapping out. Maybe by next year they will be readily available.
I keep telling myself that, but always try to get one when I see it. I'd rather have an all black model if they ever make one in the future anyway.

I keep telling myself that, but always try to get one when I see it. I'd rather have an all black model if they ever make one in the future anyway.
I'm sure they will as well as a slim model. Good luck finding one!

Don't sweat it, you aren't missing out on much. There are no exclusive games, mine really has been collecting dust besides playing Astrobot and trophy hunting on some old games to compare the graphics/speed.

As far as new color, the plastic panels slide right off and are easily replaceable.

Wow man people are still having a hard time securing a ps5 after all this time that sucks. Might as well wait for a special/limited edition ps5 bundle after E3. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’ll be a ratchet n clank bundle or some other ps exclusive

Wow man people are still having a hard time securing a ps5 after all this time that sucks. Might as well wait for a special/limited edition ps5 bundle after E3. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’ll be a ratchet n clank bundle or some other ps exclusive
They literally cannot get them on the shelves. There isn’t going to be any kind of bundle or deal until someone can buy one off the shelf.

I don't understand why they don't bring back preordering...  yes, I know it's already released, but I think it would be  a better method of trying to get the consoles in the right hands.  Hell, they have been using PSN to help secure console supposedly, to an extent, or at least they did at first.  My friend got a free controller just for being a long time member, but I know I have also had a PSN account since the beginning in the PS3 days (hell I was a PlayStation Underground member in the PS1 days).  Anyway, what I am saying is...  why the hell can't they just send purchase link invites to PSN users that have had an account for many years?

Whats with the lack of first party games sales?  I can't remember did it take longer for price drops on launch games on past systems?  $40 is my price point on Demon Souls and $30 is what I would be willing to pay for Sackboy. 

Whats with the lack of first party games sales? I can't remember did it take longer for price drops on launch games on past systems? $40 is my price point on Demon Souls and $30 is what I would be willing to pay for Sackboy.
Sack boy for sure will be free on ps+ probably fairly soonish.

I guarantee they'll be a God of War bundle.
Dont disagree, but GOW is almost certainly not coming this year, even though they said it was. And when they release that bundle it will be like $550 at best. Maybe you’d save 20 bucks. But that’s going to be a year from now.

yeah, no GOW for ps5 this year.    HZD2 and Ratchet; both were possibly expected launch window release or by Spring 2021; and now Ratchet is June while HZD2 is like late 2021.     Sony exclusives are delayed and late.   at least we have Returnal to play now!

yeah, no GOW for ps5 this year. HZD2 and Ratchet; both were possibly expected launch window release or by Spring 2021; and now Ratchet is June while HZD2 is like late 2021. Sony exclusives are delayed and late. at least we have Returnal to play now!
go play your fucking xbox exclusives while you wait

I had all my games installed and finally got around to playing the PS5. I started Cold War and it told me no campaign.  I installed the campaign and after 2 missions it says it needs another campaign download and saw there was a third.  A bit annoying it did not give the option when installing the disc.

Returnal is 60gb, so it takes 8.99% of the ssd.  60/667   Returnal looks like a fun PS5 exclusive!    I will play it this week.   I am looking fwd to playing Ratchet this summer and HZD2 later this year!   

Returnal is 60gb, so it takes 8.99% of the ssd. 60/667 Returnal looks like a fun PS5 exclusive! I will play it this week. I am looking fwd to playing Ratchet this summer and HZD2 later this year!
I hear it’s a love it or hate it game. Waiting for it to be in psn….it seems like one of those games.

Returnal seems to from what I hear, have most of the elements of a game I'd like. Maybe it will go down in price by the time I can get a PS5.

Returnal seems to from what I hear, have most of the elements of a game I'd like. Maybe it will go down in price by the time I can get a PS5.
It's a unique game for sure, but sooo damn cool. It's like a brutally hard love child of Metroid & Prometheus with the rougelike elements and super tight controls. Pick it up for sure when you get your console. I'm only 7 hrs in, but its the best game I've played so far this year.

I have been watching RadBrad on youtube play Returnal and it looks like a great game. Maybe I will buy it one day on sale and try it out. I do not normally like rogue games.

Do you guys think there's a good chance one can score a Playstation 5 if they set aside the amount of money needed for a Gamestop PS5 bundle? Like, how long do the bundles usually stay in stock? 15 minutes? 30? 60? 90?

Do you guys think there's a good chance one can score a Playstation 5 if they set aside the amount of money needed for a Gamestop PS5 bundle? Like, how long do the bundles usually stay in stock? 15 minutes? 30? 60? 90?
From what I've seen bundles last a lot longer than stand alone systems. I would say you have a better shot at getting one through a bundle.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

It's a unique game for sure, but sooo damn cool. It's like a brutally hard love child of Metroid & Prometheus with the rougelike elements and super tight controls. Pick it up for sure when you get your console. I'm only 7 hrs in, but its the best game I've played so far this year.
Nice, that's super exciting! the Metroid series is one of my favorites! I want to buy it so bad but I can't justify the price hike to $69.99 this gen so I'm impatiently waiting for a sale in a couple months hopefully.

Sounds dope. Can't wait to get it when it hits $30.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Nice, that's super exciting! the Metroid series is one of my favorites! I want to buy it so bad but I can't justify the price hike to $69.99 this gen so I'm impatiently waiting for a sale in a couple months hopefully.
I feel ya. Nothing wrong with being a CAG. I want to get Resident Evil Village, but I haven't bought a RE full price since RE5. I got RE Revelations, RE 6 ,RE7 Gold, RE2 remake & RE3 remake all for $15 - 20 new within a year. Village looks great though.

bread's done
Back