Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

If you are a Target Red Card and a Circle member, you may have gotten a 10% off coupon for an electronic item.

This does not apply to normal dualsense but it works on the preorder for the new colors.
That's what I did. Delivery says late June, but I expect it'll be before then. I went Cosmic Red, saved $10.87 with coupon and Red Card combined.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are a Target Red Card and a Circle member, you may have gotten a 10% off coupon for an electronic item.

This does not apply to normal dualsense but it works on the preorder for the new colors.
Ended up getting that with redcard exclusive 5% and bday 5% and redcard 5%. Now that I got this 10% too idk what to spend it on as it doesn’t work on ps exclusive pre orders but works on other preorders I don’t really need

Did anyone determine if Target did a restock this morning? I try to follow the tracker guide from Tom's but I kept hitting refresh every few minutes for a good 30 minutes. 

How do you guys find out about Sony Direct drops? Last time I heard about it before start time, I almost got one with the multiple browser trick. But if I find out after it's already started, then I'm out of luck.

I'm officially done with all this bullshit involved in trying to buy one of these stupid fucking consoles... finally got thru the que in 4 mins today, only to get hit with sign in error after error. Literally reset my password twice. Went ahead and created a whole new PSN ID just to get the sold out message even though the que doesn't mention it. fuck Sony and their awfully managed drops, they can eat a dick. I'm not wasting any more of my time with this.

I think you got a great deal for that third party one. To me, the official charging station is actually pretty expense for what it really is. I wished I would have been more discipline and waited for a sale.

I'm officially done with all this bullshit involved in trying to buy one of these stupid fucking consoles... finally got thru the que in 4 mins today, only to get hit with sign in error after error. Literally reset my password twice. Went ahead and created a whole new PSN ID just to get the sold out message even though the que doesn't mention it. fuck Sony and their awfully managed drops, they can eat a dick. I'm not wasting any more of my time with this.
Sign in error is your fault buddy

Shoulda been prepared and knew your password, had payment info saved in your account while waiting in the que

FedEx is a website that rejects my sign-in even when it's correct. Have it saved in my browser so it's never entered wrong. I have to keep trying to log in until it lets me. It does happen.

Buy it in a year or two. The system is a lot of fun, and makes playing ps4 games immensely better but the reasons to own a ps5 or Xbox series X right now are minimal. It can be fun hunting for the system in my opinion but if it cause you stress its really not worth it. I bought mine through a Gamestop bundle a few days before Christmas and it was pretty easy process, had more than enough time to order it and was able to exchange one of the games I didn't want after it arrived.

Buy it in a year or two. The system is a lot of fun, and makes playing ps4 games immensely better but the reasons to own a ps5 or Xbox series X right now are minimal. It can be fun hunting for the system in my opinion but if it cause you stress its really not worth it. I bought mine through a Gamestop bundle a few days before Christmas and it was pretty easy process, had more than enough time to order it and was able to exchange one of the games I didn't want after it arrived.
This is honestly how I'm starting to feel about the PS5. I haven't wanted to get one until a few weeks ago but just the BS with having to wait for an online drop, then hoping everything is properly lined up with the starts to get one, only to have it sell out in less than 5 minutes. I think I'll honestly just wait for a the PS5 Pro, or whatever they deem to call the next iteration of the console, before really trying to get one.

I wish they would just allow people to pre-pay and just fulfill the order when they can.  That way you don't have to waste time trying to go site to site waiting on a drop.  Let people pre pay and give an estimated date when the order may be fulfilled.  Done 

I wish they would just allow people to pre-pay and just fulfill the order when they can. That way you don't have to waste time trying to go site to site waiting on a drop. Let people pre pay and give an estimated date when the order may be fulfilled. Done
Same for me. Guarantees someone a console, no more people getting upset about not getting one, and Sony still makes their money.

This is honestly how I'm starting to feel about the PS5. I haven't wanted to get one until a few weeks ago but just the BS with having to wait for an online drop, then hoping everything is properly lined up with the starts to get one, only to have it sell out in less than 5 minutes. I think I'll honestly just wait for a the PS5 Pro, or whatever they deem to call the next iteration of the console, before really trying to get one.
I've been saying this for months. I had numerous chances to buy a PS5 since last year, and finally 'accidentally' pulled the trigger on one on a Thursday drop when I kept hitting checkout just to see what would happen. The only reason why I kept it was I had target gift cards to use. After setting it up, I platinumed Astro, the free game it comes with, and trophy hunted some old games. There is no reason to own a PS5 now except to play some games marginally better.

Buying a PS5 today is like getting a new GPU. It's all hype and thrill of the hunt. When you get it, all you're going to do is play old games to see a slight FPS and load time bump.

If anyone is looking for a set of black plates for a digital PS5, PM me.  I have a new set I don't want (changed my mind), and the company I got them from doesn't take returns.

The GameStop PS5 bundle: If you add the "replacement plan", then remove it, the price of the bundle drops to $499.99.  I couldn't check out though.:(  Kept getting a "Please try again in a few minutes..." message whenever I clicked on "Add to Cart" button.

Thanks, wish there was a more stripped down bundle or just the console but I appreciate the share
I think the last decently-priced Gamestop bundle was Miles Morales and a controller, but currently this is an easy way for them to dump a sports game for full price, a sports game that happens to be free on Xbox Game Pass too.

I think the last decently-priced Gamestop bundle was Miles Morales and a controller, but currently this is an easy way for them to dump a sports game for full price, a sports game that happens to be free on Xbox Game Pass too.
Yeah...that's what pisses me off. If it was Demon's Souls or even Sackboy fine, but it's a sports game that I literally have free access to on my other console and I still have no interest in playing it. Retailers with these bundles really try to gouge you sometimes.

Yeah...that's what pisses me off. If it was Demon's Souls or even Sackboy fine, but it's a sports game that I literally have free access to on my other console and I still have no interest in playing it. Retailers with these bundles really try to gouge you sometimes.
I think their last game dump bundle involved Call of Duty. It's going to sell a zillion copies anyway, so either you never were going to get it or you already have it.

bread's done
Back