Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Thoroughly enjoyed RE8 and now can't wait for Ratchet and Clank!
I too liked RE8 quite a bit, although it wasn't scary at all. It had the one creepy level but that was about it. That said, I still enjoyed it.

Ratchet and Clank is the first true next gen game though and I can't wait to play it this weekend.

Returnal wasn’t true next-gen?
I guess you're right. I lost interest in that game once I saw it was a rogue lite type of game though. I didn't know that initially and that turned me off of it. I like those games but not when runs take hours on hours.

R&C does appear to have a polish that Returnal lacks though, based on videos at least. It's also a huge franchise on Playstation platform so it's quite a bigger deal than Returnal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you're right. I lost interest in that game once I saw it was a rogue lite type of game though. I didn't know that initially and that turned me off of it. I like those games but not when runs take hours on hours.

R&C does appear to have a polish that Returnal lacks though, based on videos at least. It's also a huge franchise on Playstation platform so it's quite a bigger deal than Returnal.
To returnals defense the dev said it was not intended to be a $70 game. They found out about it getting AAA pricing the same time the press/fans did. Surprised the dev as well.

…this game has psn plus written all over it. It’s a hard pass for me. Never have been into this series.
It's a first party PlayStation game with some of the highest sales for a series for Playstation (26 million sold across the series). It's not going to be on PS+ for a very long time if ever. Out of the 15+ R&C games, the only one that eventually was free was R&C 2016 that was only free for a limited time and as a way to promote Rift Apart. You'll be waiting a while.

It's a first party PlayStation game with some of the highest sales for a series for Playstation (26 million sold across the series). It's not going to be on PS+ for a very long time if ever. Out of the 15+ R&C games, the only one that eventually was free was R&C 2016 that was only free for a limited time and as a way to promote Rift Apart. You'll be waiting a while.
Eh that’s fine with me lol. I just have never been into this series more than messing around as a psn game. It’s not my style of platformer/action game is all.

the is a review from PSU that is a 7.5 and its interesting I dont think Sony sent them the bonus because its real...
Just glanced at it and considering they said it took them 10 hours to complete and the IGN dude it took 16 hours to complete, I think it's safe to say they rushed through the game. Not saying that takes away from their opinion or anything though.

Also the only review I read that said they did not enjoy the story and dialog.

Just glanced at it and considering they said it took them 10 hours to complete and the IGN dude it took 16 hours to complete, I think it's safe to say they rushed through the game. Not saying that takes away from their opinion or anything though.

Also the only review I read that said they did not enjoy the story and dialog.
Game is 8-10 hours long if you dont do much side content.

Man it’s been a desert the last 2 weeks. I finally sold my pro last week to upgrade for intergrade and can’t find anything except digital bundles!

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1402842956839546883

Sony shipped these controllers a day earlier where everyone who pre-ordered directly from them will get'em today(or soon) where you all have to be on the lookout for it since they don't give out an email/text with a tracking number especially since most of the delivery drivers will just drop this off at your front door without ringing the doorbell or without a few knocks on the door.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1402842956839546883

Sony shipped these controllers a day earlier where everyone who pre-ordered directly from them will get'em today(or soon) where you all have to be on the lookout for it since they don't give out an email/text with a tracking number especially since most of the delivery drivers will just drop this off at your front door without ringing the doorbell or without a few knocks on the door.
I got mine this morning. Was leaving for work and it was just sitting on my porch

Anyone think the new dual sense controllers will be part of any Black Friday or holiday deals? I really have no urgent need for a new controller now, it'll be sitting on a shelf for a while, so figured I might as well wait until the holiday and see if there's a sale on them.

Anyone think the new dual sense controllers will be part of any Black Friday or holiday deals? I really have no urgent need for a new controller now, it'll be sitting on a shelf for a while, so figured I might as well wait until the holiday and see if there's a sale on them.
Yeah I could see them being on sale. Knowing Don't it'd probably be $10 maybe $20 off. I got the shock blue Xbox series x controller on black Friday last year from Walmart for $39.

Ya’ll can blame “heroes of capitalism” like this little douche bag if you haven’t been able to find a PS5 … real proud American

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sixteen-years-old-1-7-million-in-revenue-max-hits-it-big-as-a-pandemic-reseller-11623248291
I love how the article goes on to praise his entrepreneurial spirit and such, while burying deep in the article that he comes from a family line of business owners, one of which is also a financial planner. If that’s not having a leg up on the competition, I don’t know what is: most people don’t grow up with a business owner mindset and the resources/support to follow that through. Not knocking the kid at all, just think it’s funny how the facts are presented. And he has a point that he’s “only” reselling luxury items, not essentials like toilet paper and hand sanitizer that other resellers were marking up 1,000% during the height of the pandemic. It’s still crappy, but it would happen way less if people didn’t give in to “I gotta have it now”-itis.

Gotta hustle to get that 6% profit margin. Not really gonna knock the kid because when I was 16 I was buying 1991 rookie cards thinking I’d be making money.

Can't really knock him for taking advantage of a situation, PROVIDED he is not acquiring them using bots and shit like that. Blame the people who pay double for the consoles. THAT is the real issue.
I completely agree with you there. While it still can be a little frustrating, if somebody gets them all legitimately, whether it is by spending all day online or checking every store in person, then I say fair enough. If they abuse store connections, or especially if they use bots, they can go fuck themselves because that is flat out cheating. Bots are the reason why things are being scalped for 2-3x retail price right now. If it was old school scalping, it would probably be more like a 50ish percent markup for things like GPU's and consoles.

Check your email: Sony restock on the 17th, invites-only

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks, see that I got one! Checked and looks like a 2 hour window to order... wonder how limited the disc versions are going to be given that the email still says while supplies last.

So I'm sitting out here waiting for the GameStop to open to get a series x and this dude pulls up and says he scored 2 from target... Don't they limit it to one?

Jeez I never post here anymore and forgot to update. Thanks to this thread I nabbed a PS5 a few months ago. Love it. Appreciate all the help CAGs.

With the email link from Sony was a painless process except for the seemingly endless capchas to log in and gain access. Does anyone know which carrier Sony uses for their 1-2 day shipping? I'll have to be on a constant lookout if it's fed ex given some bad past experiences with them leaving packages they shouldn't in places they shouldn't.

Looks like the GameStop drop, which are listed on the site but not live yet, will have three different bundles:

1. Disc PS5 with Spider-Man, Ratchet & Clank, Destruction All-Stars + $30 GC and controller

2. Disc PS5 with the above, except swap Spider-Man for Sackboy + $40 GC

3. Digital PS5 with PS+, PS Now, + $20 GC and controller

bread's done
Back