Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Well, my original delivery was July 14. I think the system is adjusting as they get them so you might just get a shipping notice suddenly like I did.
I hope so. I contacted them yesterday a little peeved. My next-door neighbor got his yesterday, ordered from Walmart on the same day.

Walmart rep acted like they had basically zero intelligence offering to "cancel the order so I could place it again" and offered almost no assistance. They also mentioned that it was up to the local distribution and store when I would get it which makes no sense. I'll have to stop being impatient and wait, just wish I could have got that sweet disk upgrade.

I finally got through and ordered a PS5 through Best Buy on 06/24 for pickup on 06/30. But ever since Saturday, when I check the status online it says, "This item has been delayed. We're working to get it to you within the next few days". Anyone who's ordered one through Best Buy experienced this message? I'm worried this order might get cancelled.
Yes that happened all the time during the holidays and we even got an email saying if it wasn’t delivered by xyz date the order would get canceled and still got our system. Likely means the delivery it’s on is delayed or your store hasn’t unloaded it.

I finally got through and ordered a PS5 through Best Buy on 06/24 for pickup on 06/30. But ever since Saturday, when I check the status online it says, "This item has been delayed. We're working to get it to you within the next few days". Anyone who's ordered one through Best Buy experienced this message? I'm worried this order might get cancelled.
I got my PS5 from Best Buy a day early! Luckily, I was checking the status on my phone because Best Buy didn't sent an email about it. I talked to the CSR and was told the store only received 3 units.

How in the fuck did I manage to just snag a second bundle with zero effort (my first one was from the first gamestop pro members drop like two weeks ago). I don't even want it, but I figure I might be able to get a blowie from one of my friends for it lmao.

How in the fuck did I manage to just snag a second bundle with zero effort (my first one was from the first gamestop pro members drop like two weeks ago). I don't even want it, but I figure I might be able to get a blowie from one of my friends for it lmao.
PM SENT! (kidding)

I was able to snag a bundle too, 3rd PS5 i've been able to get in less than a month. One for me, and the others for friends.

Question if I only wanted the system and I don't need the games. Can I just return the games and keep the system at GameStop? Sorry new to this.

Question if I only wanted the system and I don't need the games. Can I just return the games and keep the system at GameStop? Sorry new to this.
Official stance is no, you'd have to return the whole bundle.

But if you're exchanging for something else they may be more lenient, I did that with the 3 games from my bundle.

just finished Ratchet&Clank Rift Apart last night; epic platformer for PS5 !    4k/60 graphics are amazing, well designed game!

just finished Ratchet&Clank Rift Apart last night; epic platformer for PS5 ! 4k/60 graphics are amazing, well designed game!
My biggest complaint, is that this game gave a big fuck YOU to completionists. What I mean by this, is that the game would tell you how many collectibles there were on a given planet. On some planets, you are able to collect everything from the start. On others, you can only get some of them from the start, and then later on when you return further in the story you can get the rest. The thing is, the game doesn't fucking tell you this. Queue me spending an hour plus frustratingly trying to finish a planet legitimately, until I finally gave up and looked on google, only to find out I couldn't get it yet. I ended up just cheating for a lot of them like this, because there is no other way to know if they are actually available yet or not. Very very poor design decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest complaint, is that this game gave a big fuck YOU to completionists. What I mean by this, is that the game would tell you how many collectibles there were on a given planet. On some planets, you are able to collect everything from the start. On others, you can only get some of them from the start, and then later on when you return further in the story you can get the rest. The thing is, the game doesn't fucking tell you this. Queue me spending an hour plus frustratingly trying to finish a planet legitimately, until I finally gave up and looked on google, only to find out I couldn't get it yet. I ended up just cheating for a lot of them like this, because there is no other way to know if they are actually available yet or not. Very very poor design decision.
So you complain that they tell you how many collectibles are on each planet, and then you are mad that they don't tell you when you can exactly get them?

That seems like a ... contradictory ... thing to complain about. It's very obvious from the first planet that there are things you won't be able to get immediately (with that wall you can run on at the very start). So I didn't expect to be able to get everything on the first play of each planet. I was exploring every nook and cranny that was available too.

Also, when you get an item later in the game on the pirate level, it helps the completionist side.

Oh and there is also a collectible item in the game that they don't tell you about. And I don't really understand why they are even in the game though because I got all of them and they literally do nothing other than give you a trophy. Whoopy...

The only real complaint I have is that while I am a completionist as well in games I really enjoy such as this one, there doesn't really seem to be much of a reward for getting everything and also beating it on the hardest difficulty without using any cheats. I was a bit surprised by the simplicity to the trophies, and I'm not much of a trophy person. I did platinum it but it kind of just happened, other than like 1 trophy.

But I'm on my second play through which is my first challenge mode play through and I already have every trophy. I'm just surprised there isn't a trophy for a basic thing such as "beating on challenge mode" or even "beat on the hardest difficulty". Again, not a big deal, just kind of surprising.

Also there may be other kinds of rewards for beating challenge mode or other things I have yet to complete like leveling up every weapon to 100%, but I don't want to know if there is until I do it myself.

if anything, they are about as hard to find right now as they have been all year.
They're readily available on the resale market for what it's worth lol. As far as retail, I have no idea on how to go about getting one. I don't have a Twitter so waiting for a update on when they restock will be hard for me.

They're readily available on the resale market for what it's worth lol. As far as retail, I have no idea on how to go about getting one. I don't have a Twitter so waiting for a update on when they restock will be hard for me.
Could always make an account just to follow the trackers…

I went to order. Not a card holder. The card I used did get charged but I kept getting an error when trying to confirm purchase after putting info in.

Edit: yeah if you don't use their card you will get an error but still get charged
yep-- I didn't realize you needed to be a card holder. I kept getting error so resubmitted three times. I now have four pending charges. I guess I will call my credit card company. The nightmare continues-- @#$%!

yep-- I didn't realize you needed to be a card holder. I kept getting error so resubmitted three times. I now have four pending charges. I guess I will call my credit card company. The nightmare continues-- @#$%!
I called mine. Was told to call back once the charge isn't pending anymore. Pretty much playing the waiting game now but still no ps5.

As I stated, you needed to be a Belk cardholder to order. All orders from non-cardholders will be cancelled / not processed. The pending money in your account will either drop off or be returned to you by the end of the day (or week depending on your bank). Most banks won't do a thing about pending charges as it may drop on its own. 

I didn't order based on your post-  your information is always spot on but I ordered before you ever posted.  Who has time to read restrictions when it always sells out in two minutes.  I appreciate the information on the transactions dropping off.  good to hear

Who the hell has a Belk card? I’m surprised they’re even still in business.
Probably millions of people seeing as they rank over 600 in the biggest companies in America with a yearly profit of around $140million. They have I think over 300 stores and are in 15+ states. Their current revenue is over $3billion too. They are far from closing despite lower profit margins over the years.

I looked them up on their website. Looks like they're only in 16 states. Kohl's is an apt comparison.
Not really. They are a mall anchor store primarily, like Macy's. However, they are mostly based in the southeast, hence the smaller number of stores. Their mall stores are large, multi-floor mostly, but they do have some freestanding stores as well. Before we got Macy's in the area, they were the go to along with Ivey's/Dillard's to get nice clothes, housewares or shoes/etc.

They are not some tiny, fly by night store or a discount department store like Kohl's/TJ Maxx. They carry first run major brands, not outlet or last year styles.

I'd trust ordering there more than a Walmart or Kohl's honestly. Their customer satisfaction is pretty high in this area. And no I don't work there or have anything to do with them, but I spent lots of time waiting for mom to shop there as a kid.

Not really. They are a mall anchor store primarily, like Macy's. However, they are mostly based in the southeast, hence the smaller number of stores. Their mall stores are large, multi-floor mostly, but they do have some freestanding stores as well. Before we got Macy's in the area, they were the go to along with Ivey's/Dillard's to get nice clothes, housewares or shoes/etc.

They are not some tiny, fly by night store or a discount department store like Kohl's/TJ Maxx. They carry first run major brands, not outlet or last year styles.

I'd trust ordering there more than a Walmart or Kohl's honestly. Their customer satisfaction is pretty high in this area. And no I don't work there or have anything to do with them, but I spent lots of time waiting for mom to shop there as a kid.
I know this is totally silly to debate, but kohl’s carries new, not discounted name brand clothing. They’re not comparable to TJmaxx at all. I can’t speak to the Belks in your area, but around here the 4 or 5 Belks I’m aware of are all stand alone in outdoor shopping centers, and very similar to kohls in product and store layout/size. Again, I know it’s silly, but I do shop at both stores somewhat regularly, especially kohl’s since they take Amazon returns

I know this is totally silly to debate, but kohl’s carries new, not discounted name brand clothing. They’re not comparable to TJmaxx at all. I can’t speak to the Belks in your area, but around here the 4 or 5 Belks I’m aware of are all stand alone in outdoor shopping centers, and very similar to kohls in product and store layout/size. Again, I know it’s silly, but I do shop at both stores somewhat regularly, especially kohl’s since they take Amazon returns
I'm not disagreeing with your area, but Belk's is typically known as a mall anchor store in this area. It's the big store in most of the malls in the Carolinas, but yes smaller towns without malls do have free standing ones. Very reputable, I've never had a problem with shopping there with them fixing any issues, or giving a hassle over returns.

No, Kohl's is not entirely analogous to TJ Maxx, but their housewares and doodads/toys are very much closeout types of things. Belk's sells Cuisinart, Caphalon, Coach, Nike, etc. type things first run, new models - not the lower end versions of their brands often sent to places like Khol's. I'd put Belk's a step above that. But regardless, the point is yes they are reputable, and if something goes wrong they will almost always fix it. And unlike Kohl's, their online and ship to store stuff will almost never get cancelled from poor stocking or confusion (which many CAGs have run into with online Kohl's orders).

Just found a xbox at bestbuy in the wild. Never seen ether console just sitting in a self.
I’m happy I got the ps5 and xbsx when I did last year. Never in my life have I seen console launches like this. Ps2’s was really bad but nothing like the stuff going on this generation.

I’m happy I got the ps5 and xbsx when I did last year. Never in my life have I seen console launches like this. Ps2’s was really bad but nothing like the stuff going on this generation.

I personally don't remember ps2 being that bad. I got a bundle the day it was released. But things are not same as back then. I have been lucky to get every playstation at release.

I personally don't remember ps2 being that bad. I got a bundle the day it was released. But things are not same as back then. I have been lucky to get every playstation at release.
PS2 was really bad. I couldn't get one at launch and I was working at fry's when it happened. Literally 100 calls a day for PS2 and telling customers "first come first serve". Finally got one 6 months later.

It was bad till April-May the following year but quickly got better. Ps5’s launch is hella weird considering it has no new games atm. Felt like the ps2’s shortfall was justified as you had AAA titles coming out all the time back then.

PS2 had jack shit at launch.  And for a while there was not much out.

I remember getting Madden and Tekken Tag.  I mean Tekken Tag owned but Madden was just okay.  I remember the eyes were freaky as hell.  But I pretty much got it cause there was nothing else to get and I wanted more than Tekken Tag.

The first 6-9 months of PS5 games is probably the best lineup of games I have ever seen in a console's first year.   There are more high-quality games available on PS5  than any other console launch window than I can ever remember.  I was sitting there one day thinking "hmmm there aren't a lot of titles (disc releases) on the PS5 yet," and then I went to Target.com to browse through the games during the B2G1 free promo a couple weeks ago. 

Demon's Souls, Returnal, Watch Dogs, Miles Morales, Ratchet & Clank, Ass Creed Valhalla, Hitman 3 .  Then there are visual upgrades from PS5 editions with all sorts of games like Borderlands 3, Call of Duty, Ghost of Tsushima, SW Jedi Fallen Order,Nioh 1&2, Tony Hawk 1&2, Control Ultimate Edition, FF7 remake, Yakuza Like a Dragon, and the list goes on and on

People who say that the PS5 has no games have no idea what they're talking about.   It's the same type of person that doesn't even have a nice HDR television. The same people who whine "there aren't any good games to play!".  Yeah, right. rofl

bread's done
Back