Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Yeah I'm officially done looking for a PS5 now... HZD2 was really the only game I want so I'll stick the PS4 until then.
If you can wait it out wait it out. Hzd2 sounds like it’s getting moved to 2022. Honestly, you’re not missing out on much. I use my ps5 more to play ps4 than I do ps5. This maybe is the worst generational transition I’ve seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been getting decent mileage out of mine as of late, though yeah, a few PS4 games in there because not enough PS5 exclusive stuff. Got Plats in Spider-Man Remastered, Miles Morales, and Ratchet & Clank, played through NieR Replicant, Ys IX, and the FFVII Remake DLC. Just biding my time for more big exclusives.

Hey I went to staples today and they have a video game section now. The shelves were empty but there was a section for consoles. They have those little papers (kind of like toys r us had) where you bring them to the counter and they bring out the console. They had papers for Xbox series x,series s, switch and ps5. I don't know if they REALLY have them. The papers did say to bring it to the counter to get your item. I didn't get a console because it's too expensive for me :(

Finally snagged one on Friday during the Target restock. What are the must play games on PS5 you’d recommend? I’ve only picked up Returnal and have my ps4 library still.

Finally snagged one on Friday during the Target restock. What are the must play games on PS5 you’d recommend? I’ve only picked up Returnal and have my ps4 library still.
Definitely Ratchet and Clank and Spider man miles Morales if you didn't play it on PS4. I also really liked the Pathless and don't sleep on Astro's Playroom (free game with PS5).

Astro's Playroom comes on the system and is a great introduction to the PS5, definitely play that. Outside of that you got Ratchet and Clank, FFVII Remake, Miles Morales, Godfall, Sackboy, Demon's Souls, etc.. Other than PS5 / Sony exclusives you should play Immortals.

if you went from PS4 to PS5; don't forget all the amazing titles that utilized PS4Pro power that you can now play on PS5!    God of War, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy,  HorizonZeroDawn1,  Ghost of Tsushima, etc.   

GOW is like checkerboard 60fps 4k, HZD1 is cb 4k/30, GOT is 60fps 4k, and Uncharted 4 & LL are 1440p/30. 

if you went from PS4 to PS5; don't forget all the amazing titles that utilized PS4Pro power that you can now play on PS5! God of War, Uncharted 4, Uncharted Lost Legacy, HorizonZeroDawn1, Ghost of Tsushima, etc.
GOW is like checkerboard 60fps 4k, HZD1 is cb 4k/30, GOT is 60fps 4k, and Uncharted 4 & LL are 1440p/30.
It's so nice to be able to play GoW without my console sounding like it's preparing to lift off lol.

That would certainly be nice. I don’t understand why retailers aren’t just taking pre-orders and just make people wait their turn. Even if you’re #593 in line at least you’re still going to get one.
It’s kind of a liability on the books is why and their is no guarantee inventory to meet demand.

That would certainly be nice. I don’t understand why retailers aren’t just taking pre-orders and just make people wait their turn. Even if you’re #593 in line at least you’re still going to get one.
Scalpers could just pay others to make the pre-orders. You'll be number 100,000.

Wow, just got a PS5 order in at Walmart.com.  Wasn't even trying go get it, thinking I wouldn't have a chance.  Instead I was going for the Series X, but that sold out immediately, so loaded up the PS5 product page and added it to my cart and checked out.

Anyone selling their PS5 either has money issues or is a fool
I'd have to agree. Now is a bad time to sell when these will hit $1300+ at Christmas time. Anyone who's smart would stock up on these now to have a market position when holidays roll around.

It's mostly the younger generation that have a very digital mindset. But we're also on a site dedicated to selling/trading and finding deals. I'd never go full digital on console until sale prices are like Steam.

I bought Demon's Souls for $45 used and AFAIK it hasn't went on sale in any way digitally. You save more in the end with a disk drive and buying used.
I know this is old as hell, but I am actually mid 30's. I opted traded down to the digital PS5 because I only play the must have exclusives. Everything else I play on Xbox Series X/PC. Especially since most first party games and some third parts games will be free with Xbox Game Pass, I can spend that money on the PS5 exclusives I do want. That's my reasoning anyways.

I have literally hundreds of games from Xbox through Xbox One, but all I want is a Series S from them this gen. I see PS5 being my primary console, and spending $200 extra for BC is not hugely appealing.

Could be a similar issue in reverse. They see themselves mostly playing Series X for three gen BC and GP, but want the cheaper PS5 for Sony exclusives.

Not quite as strong a position for digital ps5 as series S, but could be a thing.
Sorry for the super late response. The Xbox Series S is a downgraded version of the Series X, while the PS5 Digital is exactly the same performance as the disc version. Most my gaming is multiplayer games, I pay for Xbox Games Pass, so all first party games will be free day one for me across PC and Series X. With the Digital PS5, sure I pay mostly full price for the first party games I want digitally, but I'm getting Xbox games essentially for free.

So I'd rather pay the extra $100 (cost difference between a Series S and a Digital PS5) to play my games at 4K.

It's possible, don't give up.  I was able to get to the "confirm order" twice for the PS5 disc, but didn't complete the order because I already got one earlier today.  Just wanted to see if I could get one.  Was really trying for the Series X, could not get it into my cart though.

I was able to get to the "confirm order" twice for the PS5 disc, but didn't complete the order because I already got one earlier today. Just wanted to see if I could get one. Was really trying for the Series X, could not get it into my cart.
I got my Series X by buying an extra PS5 and trading it on offerup to someone.

keep trying you will see add to cart and it will keep saying out of stock when you click it but I was able to get one.. says Oct 5th !!!  ugh was able to buy a digital as well if I wanted...  hahaha

just remember these are

supereasy-barely-an-inconvenience.gif

Been using a laptop for every drop over the past few months, unsuccessfully. No success tonight on the first few batches. Tried the app for the first time on the 4th batch and scored a PS5. Tried again at 940 using the app and got one for my sister. Got email confirmations for both, but only the first purchase is showing in my order history. Perhaps they are limiting them to one per account and will cancel my second order. Will have to tell my sis to fend for herself if that's the case lol.

bread's done
Back