Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

This isn't meant to instigate in any way.

The PS5 hasn't been 'hard to get'. I've had plenty of opportunities to buy one, and could have purchased several throughout the year. I even accidentally bought one back in March, sat on it for a month and almost returned it to get a refund since it sat unopened/unused. Since April I've played two games on it. You aren't missing much.
It isn't March anymore

It isn't March anymore
Right. And now the PS5 is 10x more easy to get. A personal friend bought three last month. One for him, one for his brother, one for his nephew. I've activated mine in April and Sony even sent me a direct email offering me one a few months back. They know I have one, it's registered to my PSN profile. I just ignored the email and let someone else get it.

If someone doesn't have one at this point, you aren't trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. And now the PS5 is 10x more easy to get. A personal friend bought three last month. One for him, one for his brother, one for his nephew. I've activated mine in April and Sony even sent me a direct email offering me one a few months back. They know I have one, it's registered to my PSN profile. I just ignored the email and let someone else get it.

If someone doesn't have one at this point, you aren't trying.
They aren't easier to get now as the holidays at coming.

They are only easy to get if you can dedicate every hour of your day to trying to get one. People work and don't have an opportunity to slam refresh on storefronts every time an alert dings. 

This isn't meant to instigate in any way.

The PS5 hasn't been 'hard to get'. I've had plenty of opportunities to buy one, and could have purchased several throughout the year. I even accidentally bought one back in March, sat on it for a month and almost returned it to get a refund since it sat unopened/unused. Since April I've played two games on it. You aren't missing much.
They are where I am in central Florida. I’ve been casually attempting to get one since launch and no luck. Like you say there aren’t really any games for it I must play right now and I was able to get a Series X so I’m not really sweating it.

Darn shoulda ordered ps5 from verizon, I have those reward dollars saved up!
Just an fyi I worked for a company that’s job was to promote that program. If you opt into Verizon rewards you’re also opting into y ring tracked via gps and your data usage being monitored. Not sure how good of a job they do at randomizing that stuff or if they were at all.

Just because you only used yours to play two games doesn't mean its a useless system to any others. I have played almost 20 games on mine the past 11 months. Most have been PS5 games (a lot of exclusives and when the game is multiplatform, I choose the PS5 version) and when I do play some PS4 games I use my PS5 to play them for a better experience with more power, less loading, way better controller, etc. My PS4 has not been turned on in months and my son just happened to turn it on the other day and it had to download updates as it sat for months on end. So I could argue the PS4 is more useless to me since I have the PS5. To each his own though.

Wow, so apparently that PS5 I bought from Sony yesterday (Thurs) was marked as out for delivery early today (Friday).  I just got a "shipping" notice from Sony - wasn't expecting it to be so far along already though.  It's 6pm and I don't think they've tried to deliver yet, but it could be in the next few hours still.

Shipped yesterday evening via UPS from San Bernardino, CA to the Portland, OR area.

Edit: Arrived at 7pm, didn't have to sign for it but they did ask me my name ;).

Just an fyi I worked for a company that’s job was to promote that program. If you opt into Verizon rewards you’re also opting into y ring tracked via gps and your data usage being monitored. Not sure how good of a job they do at randomizing that stuff or if they were at all.
Hate to break this to anyone, but that's just them being honest with what they have been doing all along. Might as well consent for the free $3 at Starbucks every month.

Just because you only used yours to play two games doesn't mean its a useless system to any others. I have played almost 20 games on mine the past 11 months. Most have been PS5 games (a lot of exclusives and when the game is multiplatform, I choose the PS5 version) and when I do play some PS4 games I use my PS5 to play them for a better experience with more power, less loading, way better controller, etc. My PS4 has not been turned on in months and my son just happened to turn it on the other day and it had to download updates as it sat for months on end. So I could argue the PS4 is more useless to me since I have the PS5. To each his own though.
I bought my PS5 just to play the backlog of PS4 games that had awful loading times and performance issues. I got my PS5 two nights ago and first thing I did was moved Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Witcher 3 from the extended storage to the PS5 console storage. So far I have noticed that the performance and the loading times are so much better on PS5. Fast travel on AC is like 15-20 secs on the PS5 SSD. Before that it was at least a minute or more on my base PS4. What really impressed me more was when I tested out Witcher 3. The stutter, FPS drops, and lags are no longer present on the PS5. I recalled Witcher 3 was constant stuttering, FPS drops, and so laggy as hell on my base PS4. I'm so much happier now.

What really impressed me more was when I tested out Witcher 3. The stutter, FPS drops, and lags are no longer present on the PS5. I recalled Witcher 3 was constant stuttering, FPS drops, and so laggy as hell on my base PS4. I'm so much happier now.
Interesting. I got about half way through that on PS4 a few years back. Maybe I'll finish it on my new PS5.

They are only easy to get if you can dedicate every hour of your day to trying to get one. People work and don't have an opportunity to slam refresh on storefronts every time an alert dings.
Completely disagree here. The last six days I clocked in 56 hours at work. You just need to pay attention to news online. The twitter feed of Jake helped me get a PS5 a while back. It was a target drop.
I agree with you there, it isn't useless. I have a large collection of PS4 games, though I don't play them on the PS5 unless there's a specific reason to such as a free upgrade. It just surprises me after a year there are only two actual PS5 titles, Deathloop and Returnal.

Completely disagree here. The last six days I clocked in 56 hours at work. You just need to pay attention to news online. The twitter feed of Jake helped me get a PS5 a while back. It was a target drop.

I agree with you there, it isn't useless. I have a large collection of PS4 games, though I don't play them on the PS5 unless there's a specific reason to such as a free upgrade. It just surprises me after a year there are only two actual PS5 titles, Deathloop and Returnal.
And Ratchet And Clank.

Not to make this a console war, but does Xbox even have that many exclusives yet? I know they were saying that there wouldn’t be any for the first year, have they started releasing them yet?

I’m guessing with both consoles it’s probably going to be another year before we start getting a lot of generational exclusives, or as long as it takes for these consoles to start to approach the massive demand

And Ratchet And Clank.

Not to make this a console war, but does Xbox even have that many exclusives yet? I know they were saying that there wouldn’t be any for the first year, have they started releasing them yet?

I’m guessing with both consoles it’s probably going to be another year before we start getting a lot of generational exclusives, or as long as it takes for these consoles to start to approach the massive demand
Forza Horizon 5 just came out and Halo next month.

Also Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. But yeah, there needs to be more exclusive PS5 titles. There are more already announced the next two years.

And Ratchet And Clank.

Also Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. But yeah, there needs to be more exclusive PS5 titles. There are more already announced the next two years.

I forgot about Ratchet! I just picked up Deathloop this weekend with the ongoing sales. R&C is next up on my list. Maybe Returnal... the gameplay isn't really my style though.

R&C is fantastic.  Loved every second of that game and played through most of it a second time.  There is nothing new at all or anything but if you like the normal formula it is just more of the same, which is fine for me.

Isn't that kinda it though? Not that there are no games but multiplatform games shouldn't be it along with 2 major exclusives a year after release, which really isn't enough, especially when both are on PC too.
Not everybody has a PC that can play Forza or Halo or Psychonauts at 4K like a Xbox can. GPUs are even more expensive than any console.

Not everybody has a PC that can play Forza or Halo or Psychonauts at 4K like a Xbox can. GPUs are even more expensive than any console.
This is true. Not everyone has a PC. Doesn't change the fact that they aren't true console exclusives. Nothing wrong with that, but those games can be played elsewhere, and it's still just those 2 major titles for now.

walmart plus is a joke….. ps5 gone soon as it hit 4pm
What was your wait time, just because the wait page will say “sold out” it may not be sold out. The page almost always says that. You won’t know til your time is up really but if you had a 10-15 min wait you likely had a decent chance

What was your wait time, just because the wait page will say “sold out” it may not be sold out. The page almost always says that. You won’t know til your time is up really but if you had a 10-15 min wait you likely had a decent chance
I don't think this is true. As someone whos been able to snag multiple systems for myself and friends, it depends.

You are almost guaranteed one if you get in and it says "You're In Line" and you have about 5-6 minutes on the counter.

You have a chance it is says "Almost Sold Out."

You have almost no chance if it says "Sold Out."

I don't think this is true. As someone whos been able to snag multiple systems for myself and friends, it depends.

You are almost guaranteed one if you get in and it says "You're In Line" and you have about 5-6 minutes on the counter.

I’m in the same boat, snagged multiples. I just haven’t paid attention to what it says other than the time really. But from what I’ve seen on twitter there have been people who have gotten good times and it’s said sold out up top so it doesn’t hurt to wait and see anyway. Just keep a tab open while you tend to other business

Mine started from 35minutes "This deal is sold out" constant tick down at around 13 minute left i recheck and i was in and let me checkout so unless they cancel is just random.

Clicked through when I saw the PS Direct queue notification and managed to get a PS5! Total luck of the draw. It went from "more than an hour" to "1 minute." Can't wait to finally experience it. I bought a one-month PS Plus code with it to get free shipping. Now to see how long it takes to get here. Does anyone have any ideas about that? This time of year, I could see it getting delivered right away, or taking a week-plus.

Got a ps5 earlier today through playstation direct. Was told they'd be up at 2pm eastern. I clicked the link I was emailed at around 2:30 pm EST. Waited in a que for 5 mins. Got a ps5. Pretty swift.

Scored one from Amazon. Now to sell my PS4 Pro...

edit...was sitting on almost $500+ credit for Amazon too. So it's almost "free". Merry frakkin Xmas to me, you filthy animals. 

Man oh man I missed ps5 notis 3 straight days because of fatherly duties. My poor kid and her milk. The o my one I did catch was the Fingerhut one for 1k plus tax and shipping. Still need 4 more to make everyone happy.

I need to stop this I’m going looney for no profit 😅

Scored one from Amazon. Now to sell my PS4 Pro...

edit...was sitting on almost $500+ credit for Amazon too. So it's almost "free". Merry frakkin Xmas to me, you filthy animals.
I'd keep the Pro. I'm using mine for PS4 games that are in my backlog and have no business being on a PS5. Plus my Pro has a 2TB HD while the PS5 only has 600GB.

Can PlayStation store wallet funds be used towards the PS5 on PS Direct? And is there a limit of how much can be in the wallet? I've finally decided to trade in my PS4 Pro to Gamestop while they've got the promo going and I was thinking of getting PS codes to load up my wallet in preparation.

Can PlayStation store wallet funds be used towards the PS5 on PS Direct? And is there a limit of how much can be in the wallet? I've finally decided to trade in my PS4 Pro to Gamestop while they've got the promo going and I was thinking of getting PS codes to load up my wallet in preparation.
No you can't. Unfortunately it doesn't work like Xbox credit.

I personally can’t go back to my PS4 only thing the ps4 has goin for it is the storage. Having limited storage is finally making me finish my ps4 games on it. Better performance, graphics, loading times, it just works -Todd Howard

Oh and wifi 6
Oh and quieter. Screw the jet engine

bread's done
Back