Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Target is officially the worst PS5 experience now. Can’t even cart anymore
I've gotten to checkout, gone through the paypal page and tried to purchase it for the 3rd recent Target drop in a row now. I give up. I never get invites on the Playstation store either. I guess I'm destined to switch back to Xbox this gen if I want a new console.

Same. I snagged one in PA which taxes with trade credit. Not much of a wait- rolled up at 9:30 am. I was number 15 of 19. Paid with credit card. Will see if I can change method of payment in NJ with trade credit.

Drove past a GameStop with ps5s and they had a huge line here in NJ. Then went to the mall for stocking stuffers and the GameStop there didn’t have ps5s but were telling everyone they had Xbox bundles available for purchase

This shady nonsense has been happening with cars for decades. You go to buy a new car and the only one the dealer has comes with overpriced "optional accessories" from the factory that you cannot refuse and often times the local dealership will add their own options on site that they cannot/will not remove from the vehicle or the price of the car.

My first new car purchase was a base model thay inexplicably had wood veneers (basically wooden stickers) applied around the interior by the dealership. That negotiation was pretty funny, as I argued they should take even more off the price because of the tacky accessories they added. In a buyer's market that was an easy win, but when the item is scarce, buyers are going to get taken advantage of to the limit of the law.

We are honestly lucky that GameStop hasn't started opening console boxes, applying decals, and charging us extra for a "custom console"
Lol...I did this a few years ago when I bought a new car. They added some cheesy looking pinstripes to the car and I think it added $1500 to the price of the car. I told them I'm not paying that and if they want to sell me the car they're gonna have to remove the pinstripes and the cost off the car. They ended up caving and the only thing it really cost me was an extra 2 hours that I had to wait while they had someone take the pinstripes off the car.

Lol...I did this a few years ago when I bought a new car. They added some cheesy looking pinstripes to the car and I think it added $1500 to the price of the car. I told them I'm not paying that and if they want to sell me the car they're gonna have to remove the pinstripes and the cost off the car. They ended up caving and the only thing it really cost me was an extra 2 hours that I had to wait while they had someone take the pinstripes off the car.
you lost 15 horsepower by removing the pinstripes!

Those are speed holes.
zll6M.gif

Wow.  Can't believe I actually got one from Best Buy.  Opened up a new BB Visa account (which I wanted to do anyway) and voila.  Now to start hoarding games :)

in queue, now.  Last time I walked away and it popped up when I was gone.  We'll see how it goes.  Not holding my breath.  Thanks for the heads up.

I was able to grab one for my neighbor, I already have one for myself.  

He's been looking for a while, so glad I was able to help him out.  

This was a healthy ps5 restock at Target. People checking out nearly 30 min after it dropped. I got one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually hadn't been interested in a PS5, as I never got a PS4, so I'm fine waiting, but my son turns 16 at the end of the month and he wanted one. I saw Spawn Wave this morning talking about Target restock, and I got lucky with an OLED last month(son's OG NS had issues right before Xmas), so I said no harm in trying right?

I didn't even go to their site until about 7:30pst and a few locations here in Vegas still showed units, so I went with the nearest to me, and got the ready for pick up about an hour ago. In checking Ebay, prices have come way down, and since it's after the holidays many may not even be looking, or to broke to bother.

I got one at Target this morning for curbside pickup. The box is massive too!

I actually wanted a Series X but I couldn’t get it to pop up on my phone.

I got one at Target this morning for curbside pickup. The box is massive too!
I actually wanted a Series X but I couldn’t get it to pop up on my phone.
The series x is easier to get and Target sells it in store. If you really don’t want the ps5, you should have no problem trading for a series x on marketplace.

The series x is easier to get and Target sells it in store. If you really don’t want the ps5, you should have no problem trading for a series x on marketplace.
That’s a good point. I might try that.

I’ve been waiting for Costco to carry the Series X in store so I can use my rewards certificate. My Costco only had the Series S but I don’t buy digital games.

That’s a good point. I might try that.

I’ve been waiting for Costco to carry the Series X in store so I can use my rewards certificate. My Costco only had the Series S but I don’t buy digital games.
you'll probably be waiting a long time for costco to carry the series x in store. just cash out your costco certificate and buy it somewhere else

you'll probably be waiting a long time for costco to carry the series x in store. just cash out your costco certificate and buy it somewhere else
That’s what I’m thinking too. I’ve been saving it for a big purchase but haven’t found anything besides a portable ice maker.

I got in on the Target restock the other day, ended up canceling. I stared at the order placed email and backed away, I guess there really aren't enough games yet for me to have another machine.

I have never seen a next gen console at the two meijer stores near me.
some stores I’ve seen make people ask, but the ones near me just stock them on the shelves, I’m still seeing them pop up on FB marketplace with the Meijer receipts regularly so in some areas people may be buying them up.

So stoked.  My system from Best Buy was ready for pickup a day early.  This thing is easily the largest console I've ever owned lol.  Massive next to my Series X.  First order of business... Play God of War :)

So stoked. My system from Best Buy was ready for pickup a day early. This thing is easily the largest console I've ever owned lol. Massive next to my Series X. First order of business... Play God of War :)
If you want be wowed try the matrix experience (assuming you haven’t on series x)

I didn't realize how difficult it was to find a PS5.  It has gotten so bad that Sony is going to make more PS4 consoles. 

I just figured the bots/resellers snagged PS5s up quick for that quick $100 profit.  Crazy how things are these days, when it comes to video games.

I didn't realize how difficult it was to find a PS5. It has gotten so bad that Sony is going to make more PS4 consoles.

I just figured the bots/resellers snagged PS5s up quick for that quick $100 profit. Crazy how things are these days, when it comes to video games.
I saw that story yesterday. I think it's a bit too late to cash in on a PS4. Scalper pricing has also been going down so PS5 supply should catch up soon I hope.

I didn't realize how difficult it was to find a PS5. It has gotten so bad that Sony is going to make more PS4 consoles.
I just figured the bots/resellers snagged PS5s up quick for that quick $100 profit. Crazy how things are these days, when it comes to video games.
I doubt it’s that, more likely they feel left out with no $299.99 priced console. I see this more as a compete with XSS.

bread's done
Back