Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

I doubt it’s that, more likely they feel left out with no $299.99 priced console. I see this more as a compete with XSS.
There are no words strong enough to describe how much I disagree with this. I would say it’s more of an indication that they don’t expect the supply to get much better any time soon so they might as well have SOMETHING to sell people who want to buy their consoles

I doubt it’s that, more likely they feel left out with no $299.99 priced console. I see this more as a compete with XSS.
No.

There are no words strong enough to describe how much I disagree with this. I would say it’s more of an indication that they don’t expect the supply to get much better any time soon so they might as well have SOMETHING to sell people who want to buy their consoles
Yes.

They have sold a pretty good amount of PS5s, I know demand is higher than ever, but it’s oddly priced right now at the same price as the Series S $299, I don’t know when they publish their investor reports but I can’t help but feel they were feeling left out in the sub $500 range, console sales between Sony and MS are closer than we have ever seen.

I got my PS5 during the target - pick up in store restock last week. Sorta bought it on a whim, just half heartedly checked for a few days and was able to get in on that. Target order on my phone wouldn't go through, and they went up AS I was getting to work. I was able to push an order through by hammering the buy now button on my work PC with paypal payment.

I would say the Walmart + Restock today is a good bet for a lot of people. It seems like the consoles are atleast up for 5-10 or even 15 minutes now instead of seconds. 

But I guess the bad news is that its for Walmart + memebers only. My sister subscribes to that, so that may be a hinderance for some. Good luck all.

Also I'm ok with the PS4 still being in demand, I should be able to get roughly 200$ out of my OG ps4 with 2 controllers that I got used at a fleamarket with a few games...for about 220-250 3-4 years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that story yesterday. I think it's a bit too late to cash in on a PS4. Scalper pricing has also been going down so PS5 supply should catch up soon I hope.
what probably happened is their suppliers had a bunch of ps4 binned components they could sell on the low and it’s a good opportunity to clear out the channel or remaining inventory Sony had. Still surprised these haven’t hit shelves. I personally haven’t seen a ps4/pro restock in a year.

They have sold a pretty good amount of PS5s, I know demand is higher than ever, but it’s oddly priced right now at the same price as the Series S $299, I don’t know when they publish their investor reports but I can’t help but feel they were feeling left out in the sub $500 range, console sales between Sony and MS are closer than we have ever seen.
They’re not doing it because they “feel left out”, they’re doing it because they’re a company looking to make money on a product while their biggest attraction is hard to get. As far as the pricing goes, how much would you sell it for? The PS5 disc version sells for 499, the digital sells for 399. Wouldn’t 299 seem the obvious price procession?

Gamestop ps5 disc bundle in-store restock tomorrow Jan 14 at participating stores:
https://www.gamestop.com/ps5-store-event.html
$728 bundle with ratchet, vanguard, death stranding DC, controller charger and gift card[attachment=36585:9D691711-9349-47F0-8E87-E6EBB6641F3A.jpeg]
Credit to Matt Swider and Jake Randall.

They’re not doing it because they “feel left out”, they’re doing it because they’re a company looking to make money on a product while their biggest attraction is hard to get. As far as the pricing goes, how much would you sell it for? The PS5 disc version sells for 499, the digital sells for 399. Wouldn’t 299 seem the obvious price procession?
I find 299 very weird, I think when you have 54 percent less TFLOPiddy, you can’t expect to charge the same as your competitor. Heck the PS4 Pro was on sale as low as $210 at Kohl’s or could be had for around $225 with different Target deals. Now I get right now nothing is priced as it used to be, but even with that, I think 249 could be a very competitive price point to help them move those units. I personally enjoy the PS exclusives more so they could be hoping that even a lower powered console will sell well with their solid game lineup, and I think this could absolutely be true. As far as their current console hard to get, it’s been a huge improvement this week, I think all the scalpers will panic and sell while they can still make something, and this will, I hope, improve the situation for all.

Yes because this hasn’t been speculated constantly over the past year…
I’ve seen a lot of discord groups expecting a shortage well through 2022, many cook groups even yesterday were hitting 6k checkouts via Walmart, will we see a repeat of last year, where the price dropped only to go up a month later and stay up the rest of the year, time will tell. The only thing cooking in those groups is soon to be disappointment.

Drove by one of the GameStop near me after I got off work that had the restock. This was at 830am and there was 1 person standing outside lmao. So I jumped in line and bought one for my aunt's dogs step brother

Anyone who ordered from last weeks WM+ drop get a shipping delay? Just got the delay today since today was the estimated delivery date but it never shipped out

call and complain and get a discount, they should give you at least 10% off.
Ayy bro shoutouts to you, I just got off customer service chat and they initiated a 10% discount on my order.

Saved me $54.02

bread's done
Back