Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Target is really awful. I tried to get one 3 different times and finally was able to buy one which eventually got cancelled.
That sucks. Yeah it was really disappointing. When you finally think one goes through, and your get the order confirmation and everything, then they cancel an hour later. Hopefully it was legit, and none some douchebag employee saying it was out of stock so him and/or his friends can buy one.

Target used to be the place where you can always get a console and Walmart was impossible. Those tables have flipped. Best Buy is a 0 success rate and Amazon is iffy at best. It seems like things are getting easier across the board but it’s hard to understand why retailers are not better suited to manage these drops

Target has become the worst, Best Buy I always found to be an easier retailer, PSD public queue is almost a guarantee if you use virtual machines loaded with multiple browsers, but Target for some reason had become a more difficult retailer.

Blacked out ps5 for the win.
[attachment=36621:BFF3A729-5D2C-4FB5-9E02-83D78C59056A.jpeg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony taking the create a problem, sell you the solution approach I see.
LOL only if you don’t like the white system. I didn’t hate it but it looked weird with my black entertainment center, xbsx, and black tv. Personally can’t wait for the purple plates…these will do till then.

LOL only if you don’t like the white system. I didn’t hate it but it looked weird with my black entertainment center, xbsx, and black tv. Personally can’t wait for the purple plates…these will do till then.
This is exactly my problem, and I do hate it. If I could get away with putting a paper bag over it, I would.

This is exactly my problem, and I do hate it. If I could get away with putting a paper bag over it, I would.
Only “nice” thing Sony is doing is under cutting dbrand and charging the same or less as the Chinese knock offs. They really want to kill that market to defend their trademark. $55ish is “reasonable” when consider inferior version cost more or the same.

I've had my PS5 black since about a month after launch and it cost me $5.

5G8LrgH.jpg

I've had my PS5 black since about a month after launch and it cost me $5.

I live in an app/condo situation which made that a no go. Does look nice though. The midnight black cover is a different kind of black. Can’t really explain it maybe a hint of grey or blue.

Sony taking the create a problem, sell you the solution approach I see.
That's exactly what happened. Like a sucker I paid $55 to make the $500 system look like how it should of from the beginning. That said it looks great and by great I mean it disappears in the darkness of my TV stand.

That's exactly what happened. Like a sucker I paid $55 to make the $500 system look like how it should of from the beginning. That said it looks great and by great I mean it disappears in the darkness of my TV stand.
Are you still using the white controller? That's the only thing stopping me from buying the midnight black covers. Don't feel like buying two new black controllers

Are you still using the white controller? That's the only thing stopping me from buying the midnight black covers. Don't feel like buying two new black controllers
I used my GPG on my bundle controller to swap my white for black. That thang sexy. Slap it on the leg sexy

Probably legit. Most likely trying to get you to register for a chance to get one via PS Direct.
Thing is, I never requested to be added to the queue. From what I've been reading people were selected at random after requesting to be added. This is about the third one I've received since around October.

EDIT - I checked it out, it just leads to the register page on playstation.com that everyone has access to. Just trying to drum up sales apparently.

I am but it's not bothering me. But if I'm able to get 3/4th of the cost back for selling them, I would to upgrade mine to black.

Stopped at GS tonight, there was a sign on the door that said they would have 10 PS5 bundles on the 27th and that they opened at noon.  This was an hour before close.  I asked the guy when they sold out.  "We still have a few".  I was kinda surprised.  Still not gonna buy a bundle, I'll wait.

Stopped at GS tonight, there was a sign on the door that said they would have 10 PS5 bundles on the 27th and that they opened at noon. This was an hour before close. I asked the guy when they sold out. "We still have a few". I was kinda surprised. Still not gonna buy a bundle, I'll wait.
I can't necessarily say I'm that surprised. I think a lot of the reason these are still selling out so quickly is because of scalpers, and they're not running to the store to buy an overpriced bundle with games you may or may not need. Especially when resale prices are dropping

I mean I wouldn't buy a bundle to buy games at MSRP. Most "popular" PS5 games right now are discounted as is, or easy to find on ebay/facebook marketplace/mercari for 25-35$

I mean I wouldn't buy a bundle to buy games at MSRP. Most "popular" PS5 games right now are discounted as is, or easy to find on ebay/facebook marketplace/mercari for 25-35$
Thankfully I found my PS5 at a retail store. I haven’t played it much because GT7 still isn't out and none of the current exlusives have excited me enough. I had to get my XSX as a bundle at Gamestop but so far I would say Microsoft is winning the battle with exclusives and i really wanted to play Forza Horizon 5 on the latest Xbox.

Thankfully I found my PS5 at a retail store. I haven’t played it much because GT7 still isn't out and none of the current exlusives have excited me enough. I had to get my XSX as a bundle at Gamestop but so far I would say Microsoft is winning the battle with exclusives and i really wanted to play Forza Horizon 5 on the latest Xbox.
If you have PS+ Dirt 5 is still free for a couple days. I know it isn't Forza, but it's pretty good!

I don’t think Microsoft is winning in terms of exclusives at all. Their game pass is good though. Now time for Sony to get rid of that crappy ps now and change it to something good

I can't necessarily say I'm that surprised. I think a lot of the reason these are still selling out so quickly is because of scalpers, and they're not running to the store to buy an overpriced bundle with games you may or may not need. Especially when resale prices are dropping

A couple times I’ve bought deeply discounted new games they’ve been the South American or European releases. Occasionally you can’t play them online. Luckily most games get a discount these days 30-60 days out. I miss the 128 but era new releases got pretty big day one discounts often. That was peak gaming.

I don’t think Microsoft is winning in terms of exclusives at all.
Mostly depends on what kind of games you like, since right now MS' are an FPS, a plane sim and racing whereas Sony's are an RPG, platformers, action-adventures and a roguelike. As much as I like Halo/FPS, I give the edge to Sony (for now, obviously both have a ton of projects in the oven).

If you have PS+ Dirt 5 is still free for a couple days. I know it isn't Forza, but it's pretty good!
Thanks for the recommendation. I have Xbox Game Pass and Dirt 5 is one of the games I can play on it. I will give it a try. So far I am really enjoying FH5.

I have GT7 on pre-order. I hope the rumors are false about it being delayed again.

I don’t think Microsoft is winning in terms of exclusives at all. Their game pass is good though. Now time for Sony to get rid of that crappy ps now and change it to something good
I never had Game Pass until I got the XSX. Definitely worth it, especially with the trick of converting Xbox Live Gold into 3 years of Game Pass for ~$100.

I hope Sony does something similar and then I would probably play my PS5 more.

I think GamePass is a good product with plenty of good games to play, but feel it's a much better value for those that don't normally play games. All of the major titles (Halo, Gears, Forza, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, etc.) are all games most people have already played as these are all top selling games. If you haven't played these games it's great but most previous Xbox owners would have already.

Outside of those Xbox standard games, the selection isn't that good. A lot of filler filled with games a lot of people wouldn't give the time of day if it wasn't included.

Streaming games to a mobile device is a much better aspect compared to the game selection to me though it's not something I regularly use. Though it's extra, GamePass for PC is a nice addition too.

But at the end of the day, it's the lack of games that I haven't already played years ago that makes it lackluster for me. Hopefully Microsoft buying these companies will add some good exclusives beyond Halo, Forza and Gears though. Not that those games are bad, but seeing the same IPs from the last 2 decades isn't a huge perk of GamePass, personally for me.

Gamepass is 100% useless to me.   Every game that is on it that I have wanted to play I have already played.  I also would rather own my games than rent them with a subscription service for future games.  But it's fantastic for my 10 year old nephew who just got an XSX a year ago and has never experienced any of the older games.  It's just not for me personally and I don't like the direction MS is taking the console market because it's clear their long run is to not even have consoles and just have people streaming Xbox games.  If/when that happens I will officially be out of the Xbox game.

I don't even know why I have an XSX currently though.  I have bought every console at launch since like N64 aside from the Wii-U, so I just had to have an XSX.  it just sits there though.  I've only played 2 Xbox 1 games on it since launch, Gears 5 and Doom Eternal, and I didn't play much of Doom because I didn't like it.

I have only used PS5 for a handful of games too but at least they were primarily PS5 games and not last gen games lol.

Since PS5 and XSX launched, Switch gets the most play BY FAR from me.

A few days ago, I decided to end the (long) chase and buy a PS5 on Ebay for non-retail price.

The seller had 100% Positive Feedback and was local (about 15-miles away).

I received the package about an hour ago and everything is legit. Currently setting it up and upgrading my PS4 copy of Resident Evil Village.

With all the horror stories I've read since 2020, I was still nervous that the box would be filled with bricks, candy, or trash.

So excited right now. Looking forward to gaming a bit more this year!

Microsoft buys Bethesda and Activision-Blizzard because they like the revenue models of getting $120 or $180 annually from every gamer.  I'm not going down that path. 

I think GamePass is a good product with plenty of good games to play, but feel it's a much better value for those that don't normally play games. All of the major titles (Halo, Gears, Forza, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, etc.) are all games most people have already played as these are all top selling games. If you haven't played these games it's great but most previous Xbox owners would have already.
This describes me, I have mostly played games on Nintendo systems. Really enjoy my Switch. So all these Game Pass games I have never played before. Getting all these games for essentially $36 per year (with the XBL conversion trick) is a good deal for me.

I don't even know why I have an XSX currently though. I have bought every console at launch since like N64 aside from the Wii-U, so I just had to have an XSX. it just sits there though. I've only played 2 Xbox 1 games on it since launch, Gears 5 and Doom Eternal, and I didn't play much of Doom because I didn't like it.
This is how I felt about my Xbox One (original). I bought it on clearance for $100 because I also have every console. Figured I'd find something to play besides Gears, Halo and Forza. End up forcing myself to buy games for it that I would rather play on my PS4 so they were usually just 3rd party games.

Not that you need exclusives to be good but the exclusives for the Xbox One weren't games I wanted to play in comparison to the PS4, 3DS and Switch.

After getting maybe 10 games for the Xbox One over the course of several years, I finally decided to pack it up and leave it in it's box. I was thinking about getting an XSX but have the same problem of there being few exclusives, few games I haven't already played elsewhere and it being such a small upgrade at this point that it just doesn't make sense to have.

I think I might skip out entirely on the XSX unless I also get it on clearance as my Switch, 3DS, PS5 and PC fulfills all my gaming needs.

This is how I felt about my Xbox One (original). I bought it on clearance for $100 because I also have every console. Figured I'd find something to play besides Gears, Halo and Forza. End up forcing myself to buy games for it that I would rather play on my PS4 so they were usually just 3rd party games.

Not that you need exclusives to be good but the exclusives for the Xbox One weren't games I wanted to play in comparison to the PS4, 3DS and Switch.

After getting maybe 10 games for the Xbox One over the course of several years, I finally decided to pack it up and leave it in it's box. I was thinking about getting an XSX but have the same problem of there being few exclusives, few games I haven't already played elsewhere and it being such a small upgrade at this point that it just doesn't make sense to have.

I think I might skip out entirely on the XSX unless I also get it on clearance as my Switch, 3DS, PS5 and PC fulfills all my gaming needs.
Yeah I really see no point to get an XSX (in your case and people in the similar situation) unless you are all in on Halo, Gears, and Forza, but even then, everything that is on XSX is on X1 too so if you want to play those games and have an X1, you don't even need one. The thing is, I used to love those franchises, but when you have the same formula spanning across 3/4 gens, it gets stale. I expected to get Halo Infinite since it was first announced, but when it was like a month out I simply had no interest, and I still have no interest, so I just didn't get it lol.

Yeah I really see no point to get an XSX (in your case and people in the similar situation) unless you are all in on Halo, Gears, and Forza, but even then, everything that is on XSX is on X1 too so if you want to play those games and have an X1, you don't even need one. The thing is, I used to love those franchises, but when you have the same formula spanning across 3/4 gens, it gets stale. I expected to get Halo Infinite since it was first announced, but when it was like a month out I simply had no interest, and I still have no interest, so I just didn't get it lol.
Exactly how I feel. I have had numerous chances to actually get one and passed. This is the first major system in decades I did not get within a month of release. The Xbox One I still have I have played the least of all my consoles. Microsoft exclusives dont tempt me as much as PS exclusives do. I feel Xbox exclusives caters to FPS and racers mostly as you pointed out. I might skip the Series X entirely unless something drastic changes in their games. (and no, MS buying Activision Blizzard doesnt really change it for me)

I am in the PS5/Switch/3DS/PC camp. I picked up 3 months of game pass for $1 to play halo, forza, and gears.

Until MS starts making exclusive new IP, there isn't a reason for me to own an xbox personally.

I too think exclusives spanning multiple generations are not"generational" enough and become stale.

I wish every ps5/xb generation started with exclusive new ip like the old days lol

If you or your children have friends on xbox, then of course get an xbox. Otherwise, you are better off saving funds and splurging on a pc at some point in time to just game pass xbox games when you hit a dry spell with your other systems.

For online play, I choose PS5 over PC and plan to for Dying Light and Elden Ring. Add in Horizon Forbidden West and February is packed!

Is this not CAG?  Is everyone not loading up on 3 month Gamepass ultimate cards for $18-20 on BF the last few years?  I’ve bought a years worth of GPU for under $75 for years. That’s less than10 bucks more than a single full price game plus tax. 

Between this and the 3 year upgrade trick nobody in their right mind can dispute the value of gamepass. 

Is this not CAG? Is everyone not loading up on 3 month Gamepass ultimate cards for $18-20 on BF the last few years? I’ve bought a years worth of GPU for under $75 for years. That’s less than10 bucks more than a single full price game plus tax.

Between this and the 3 year upgrade trick nobody in their right mind can dispute the value of gamepass.
I haven't bought a full priced game on XSX since launch. I've spent like $25 on 3 games around BF in 2020 but it was on X1 games before XSX even came out. Gears 5, Halo 5 (still sealed), and Doom Eternal.

No matter how much money it is, it it costs you more than you would have spent otherwise, it's not worth the value. So even $1/month for gamepass for me to not use it wouldn't be a good value.

I haven't bought a full priced game on XSX since launch. I've spent like $25 on 3 games around BF in 2020 but it was on X1 games before XSX even came out. Gears 5, Halo 5 (still sealed), and Doom Eternal.

No matter how much money it is, it it costs you more than you would have spent otherwise, it's not worth the value. So even $1/month for gamepass for me to not use it wouldn't be a good value.
If you don't use your xbox its obviously not worth it. If you plan on playing online you need xbox live so at that point the game pass upgrade is obviously worth it.

Why wouldn't you use it, though?

For me, there are certain games that I'd like to play but not necessarily own. It's a great way to try new titles, especially if you aren't sure it's something that you're really going to want to buy.

Why wouldn't you use it, though?
For me, it's how I felt about the games I bought before GamePass. I'm forcing myself to buy games for a console that I would rather play on PC or the PS4 (if they are multiplatform).

I got GamePass now for free but I'm again playing games just because it's there and not necessarily because I was going to buy those games eventually. I'm also replaying some games on PC because I might as well since they are there but I already played most of the games on GamePass.

We aren't saying it's not a good value, it is, it just isn't a good value for all if you've already played most of the games and the other games you might play, you were never going to play or buy otherwise.

Gold conversation method makes it worth more though. Though I never paid for gold before as I don't really play online games but if I do, I just play for free on PC. This is a personal situation though, but I can see how gold being included isn't a perk when you never paid for gold before.

A few days ago, I decided to end the (long) chase and buy a PS5 on Ebay for non-retail price.

The seller had 100% Positive Feedback and was local (about 15-miles away).

I received the package about an hour ago and everything is legit. Currently setting it up and upgrading my PS4 copy of Resident Evil Village.

With all the horror stories I've read since 2020, I was still nervous that the box would be filled with bricks, candy, or trash.

So excited right now. Looking forward to gaming a bit more this year!
you bought an over priced ps5 just to play a last gen game lmao

bread's done
Back