Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Why wouldn't you use it, though?

For me, there are certain games that I'd like to play but not necessarily own. It's a great way to try new titles, especially if you aren't sure it's something that you're really going to want to buy.
Because there are zero games on it I want to play. As I said, I already have played any game that is on there that I have any interest in. I've had Xbox since the OG one and all of those old games I've already played, that I wanted to play.

Because there are zero games on it I want to play. As I said, I already have played any game that is on there that I have any interest in. I've had Xbox since the OG one and all of those old games I've already played, that I wanted to play.
They add new games every month... Including games that haven't previously been released (simultaneous launch). I find it hard to believe you've already played every game that lands on Game Pass.

They add new games every month... Including games that haven't previously been released (simultaneous launch). I find it hard to believe you've already played every game that lands on Game Pass.
I never said I played every game on there.

I said I have played every game on there I have interest in because I have had Xbox since the OG console and have played every game on all of the consoles I've wanted to play up until now.

And there aren't any games even lined up on the horizon for Xbox that I am interested in playing. The one I am is not exclusives and I'll be purchasing it (Elden Ring) on PS5.

I’m a gamepass ultimate subscriber and while I do like the service and will continue to pay a lot of the games are older releases or are xbo games. Only recently have they been doing day one xbsx releases like back 4 blood, halo, and fortza. Obviously this will get better with Activision and Bethesda’s releases.

I’m a gamepass ultimate subscriber and while I do like the service and will continue to pay a lot of the games are older releases or are xbo games. Only recently have they been doing day one xbsx releases like back 4 blood, halo, and fortza. Obviously this will get better with Activision and Bethesda’s releases.
I hear MLB The Show 22 will be day 1 on Game Pass as well.

Did MS or Bethesda state anything about day 1 gamepass for the big games Elder Scrolls 6, Doom, Fallout?

I’m not expecting Elder Scrolls on gamepass day 1 because they are still finding ways to repackage and sell Skyrim for the umpteenth time.

The benefit of new subscribers just for Elder Scrolls 6 would not likely outweigh the decade of selling it the next 3 generations to every platform under the sun imo

The shooting in Destiny feels great…I would love Bungie to make a new ip with a dedicated single player campaign that is not open world.

My dream here is unlikely, but I am not personally enjoying the “open world” aspects of most current games. Either open world needs a generational reinvention or i would rather the resources go to better linear campaigns.

Last edited by a moderator:
All Xbox first party games are day one gamepass releases. It's been that way since launch so that should now include all studios MS purchased recently

All Xbox first party games are day one gamepass releases. It's been that way since launch so that should now include all studios MS purchased recently
Yeah that’s what M$ said. The service will only get better in time. Games as a service makes a lot of sense as long as I he price stays lower than 1 game a month in cost.

Anyone been able to get a standalone PS5 this year?
Yeah, back on January 24th from Sony direct. Technically I had 2 chances, but I skipped the first one a few months ago. When I tried in January I had to wait in queue for about 20 mins but had no issues ordering one. Even got a $5 off coupon from a nice CAG. Overall my first attempt at buying one and had no issues at all

Anyone been able to get a standalone PS5 this year?
Yes. I got a PS5 disc through Sony direct with 2-day free shipping (PS Plus member) last Nov. I got an email from Sony direct to buy a PS5 at a set date and time block via their website. I went 30 minutes late, waited 20 minutes in queue and was able to purchase one at retail price.

Did MS or Bethesda state anything about day 1 gamepass for the big games Elder Scrolls 6, Doom, Fallout?

I’m not expecting Elder Scrolls on gamepass day 1 because they are still finding ways to repackage and sell Skyrim for the umpteenth time.

The benefit of new subscribers just for Elder Scrolls 6 would not likely outweigh the decade of selling it the next 3 generations to every platform under the sun imo

The shooting in Destiny feels great…I would love Bungie to make a new ip with a dedicated single player campaign that is not open world.

My dream here is unlikely, but I am not personally enjoying the “open world” aspects of most current games. Either open world needs a generational reinvention or i would rather the resources go to better linear campaigns.
TES6 will most definitely be day 1 on Game Pass for "free". What they will sell you is deluxified addons; maybe a season pass for the inevitable expansions they make. They just got me with the Skyrim anniversary edition and for $16 it's A LOT of content. Even though the base game is still familiar, the creator's club adds a ridiculous amount of content that feels like a hodge podge expansion that could keep me busy for months TBH. The next game is going to be a huge bomb for Game Pass and I suspect that's their plan to explode growth when it arrives. Still many years off though, but I'm already stoked for it.

Anyone got one just walking into a gamestop without ordering in advance? I saw a half dozen series s' at walmart but i doubt ill be so lucky with ps5s. at least i got signed up for ps direct but i have no idea when that will drop..

Anyone got one just walking into a gamestop without ordering in advance? I saw a half dozen series s' at walmart but i doubt ill be so lucky with ps5s. at least i got signed up for ps direct but i have no idea when that will drop..
Series S isn't hard to find. Just Series X and PS5. I think Sony does invites at least a couple of times per month

Sony has never sent me an invite after signing up with both of my PSN accounts. I gave up on them after seeing people mentioning getting multiple invites to buy a PS5 after purchasing one from them already. Screw that. I went with a XSX and will look at getting a PS5 if/when they change the hideous design and color of it.

Thanks guys. Honestly the s seems like a great deal but the only reason i want to buy a next gen console is the improvements on the games I already have. I think I'll be patient and wait for Sony direct rather than run around praying for a suprise drop.

Target had a drop for both this morning.

Gamely had a bundle for members.

Anyone looking for one be on the look out at bestbuy and walmart or Amazon.

target employee outright told me this morning that they have them in stock *every* week at a specific time but because you can only actually order online scalpers grab them in literally one minute.the guy literally said that scalpers told *him* this because the employees themselves didnt know. at least i have a time and place now

That's the color I like most of these new ones. I imagine retailers aren't going to get more than 10 of these per store with the shortages.
It's been available to order at Sony Direct, no problem. The Feb. 11 date for other retailers seems to be wrong though. Best Buy has it up now, but with a Feb. 23 release date, but you can't order it yet.

I got an email to be entered into the queue at Sony Direct to buy a PS5. Happy to say it was a success and I finally have one on the way!

Hey, I got one of those emails too!  Too bad I didn't check until after I saw this post, not that I need a PS5 right now.  Good to know they're becoming more readily available.

Just got an email from Best Buy: "Sony - PlayStation 5 - is available!"

Thought I'd be able to snag a PS5 for a friend, but nope, I had a PS5 controller in my cart and Best Buy was just reminding me. :wall:

What day did you buy? This from the recent drop?
I got it with the early access Walmart+ promo they did on the 24th@11am Central. By 11:15 done! Also went ahead and bit on a Series X as well. Got it too. Divulging that info at risk at revocation of my CAG card, lmao. I fully went in to just get the PS5. But... 30 minutes later they still had the X. So, the impulse buyer in me gave in.

I got it with the early access Walmart+ promo they did on the 24th@11am Central. By 11:15 done! Also went ahead and bit on a Series X as well. Got it too. Divulging that info at risk at revocation of my CAG card, lmao. I fully went in to just get the PS5. But... 30 minutes later they still had the X. So, the impulse buyer in me gave in.
Pretty sure at this point getting a console at retail = a deal. Even getting 2 consoles

Does anyone know how to skip that fucking video at the start of Gran Turismo 7?? I’m trying to play a game here, not watch a movie!
Jealous you got your's already. Did you order on Amazon? I ordered the Launch Edition from Sony's webpage and it's just now loaded on a truck for delivery today. Guess they make sure I don't get it early.

Jealous you got your's already. Did you order on Amazon? I ordered the Launch Edition from Sony's webpage and it's just now loaded on a truck for delivery today. Guess they make sure I don't get it early.
Got it digital. Went live at midnight and I have yet to play it due to the stupid video that you’re seemingly forced to sit through

Edit; apparently if you sit through it you can turn it off in the settings. But it’s about 10 minutes long! Game looks incredible once you get into a race though! Controls seem smooth enough

the internet: just walk into target at opening 

target employees: no in-store purchases sorry, heres the exact time and day of the week our store restocks online though

target website: never has any

People are really still under the impression that you can just walk into a store at a certain time and walk out with a PS5? If it was that easy forums like this wouldn’t exist anymore

the internet: just walk into target at opening

target employees: no in-store purchases sorry, heres the exact time and day of the week our store restocks online though

target website: never has any
The funny thing is that a few months ago (early January?) I was walking around Target wastiing time while my wife was shopping and I just randomly joked with a lady that worked in the electronics department about having any PS5 in the back. She said yes we have a couple but we're not allowed to sell them in store, only online when Target's site lists them as available. That really caught me off guard because I didn't expect her to admit they had any in the back just hanging out. Doesn't make sense to me not to just put them out on the floor and let the random shoppers get lucky.

The funny thing is that a few months ago (early January?) I was walking around Target wastiing time while my wife was shopping and I just randomly joked with a lady that worked in the electronics department about having any PS5 in the back. She said yes we have a couple but we're not allowed to sell them in store, only online when Target's site lists them as available. That really caught me off guard because I didn't expect her to admit they had any in the back just hanging out. Doesn't make sense to me not to just put them out on the floor and let the random shoppers get lucky.
Same thing at one of my local stores the guy said they had a bunch of them in back and was surprised they havent put them on sale but was online only.

tempted to bite on the gamestop bundle but spending an extra ~150 AFTER the extras im interested in isnt that much better than being scalped. got an lg c1 to ease the itch on my wallet while i wait...

bread's done
Back