Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Same thing at one of my local stores the guy said they had a bunch of them in back and was surprised they havent put them on sale but was online only.
If it's online online; why the hell are they shipping them to the stores? What a cluster fuck of a process!

If it's online online; why the hell are they shipping them to the stores? What a cluster fuck of a process!
Because as always you have to buy online and pick up in store.... the whole process is stupid to me its time they just put them out as they come in no more online nonsense.

That's not bad gameswise, anyone know how much it will be? I'd actually use all of that (other than the headset which would be a back up).

Call me lame but I don't have any interest in GT7 so I'd rather just exchange that and the headset for another game and/or controller.
It's a good game. Definitely recommend it. I'd be down for that bundle but I got my PS5 on base for $479 tax free. I had to buy Gamestop's XSX bundle with two games I didn't want, a $100 gamestop gift card, and 3-month game pass.

Got a console for a friend from the Wal-mart drop today.  I don't like the line system they added.  The PC got stuck for 40 minutes and randomly checked the app and it was ready to buy.  Still took a few tries to checkout, but got one.

Got a console for a friend from the Wal-mart drop today. I don't like the line system they added. The PC got stuck for 40 minutes and randomly checked the app and it was ready to buy. Still took a few tries to checkout, but got one.
the line system seems to work fine most of the time though. i did have an issue once where it became my turn to checkout but kept telling me it was sold out while it was in my cart... it's much better than the free for all sites like target esp considering bot issues

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get charged shipping fee when returning a controller from sony direct?   I was able to grab a console from them for the first time but needed to add an item to get free shipping.  I added a controller but now I'm having buyer's remorse. 

Anyone get charged shipping fee when returning a controller from sony direct? I was able to grab a console from them for the first time but needed to add an item to get free shipping. I added a controller but now I'm having buyer's remorse.
Hold on so even though you were already spending $500+ with tax those cheap bastards wouldnt give you free shipping until you spent more??? Wow Sony

Hold on so even though you were already spending $500+ with tax those cheap bastards wouldnt give you free shipping until you spent more??? Wow Sony
They ship free if you have PS+. Sometimes they have sales on games too which you can buy to get free shipping. When I got my PS5 I ordered Dreams with it for $10 and got a $5 off coupon from a CAG that I used on my purchase so it wasn't too bad. I would've just subbed to PS+ for free shipping but I wasn't sure how likely it'd be that I'd get the PS5

Anyone get charged shipping fee when returning a controller from sony direct? I was able to grab a console from them for the first time but needed to add an item to get free shipping. I added a controller but now I'm having buyer's remorse.
You most likely will need a second controller anyways. To either play with others locally or use one if the other controller's battery is dead and is charging.

Lol yeah I kinda panicked too and just added the controller because in the back of my mind I was thinking I could get kicked out of the store at any second. They said I had 10 minutes to complete the purchase but you never know.

Standard shipping was $13 and express was $20. Both were free if I had PS +. In hindsight I should have just opened another window and purchased a month of Plus for $10 real quick. Cheaper than buying the controller with tax and even though I bought a controller, it only made standard shipping free...the faster shipping still cost.

Lol yeah I kinda panicked too and just added the controller because in the back of my mind I was thinking I could get kicked out of the store at any second. They said I had 10 minutes to complete the purchase but you never know.

Standard shipping was $13 and express was $20. Both were free if I had PS +. In hindsight I should have just opened another window and purchased a month of Plus for $10 real quick. Cheaper than buying the controller with tax and even though I bought a controller, it only made standard shipping free...the faster shipping still cost.
I hope you at least got one of the new controller colors. Purple looks really nice

I'm hearing rumors of a PS5 Pro is going to be released in 2024.  Man, at this point I'll settle for a PS5 equivalent to the Xbox Series S.  A non-4K PS5 with at least the capability to play PS4 and PS5 discs.

I'm hearing rumors of a PS5 Pro is going to be released in 2024. Man, at this point I'll settle for a PS5 equivalent to the Xbox Series S. A non-4K PS5 with at least the capability to play PS4 and PS5 discs.
1) if it has a disc drive, that's not "equivalent," as that capability would surpass the Series S.

2) if the availability of the S is any indication, the release of a PS5 Pro might make the base model more attainable.

1) if it has a disc drive, that's not "equivalent," as that capability would surpass the Series S.

2) if the availability of the S is any indication, the release of a PS5 Pro might make the base model more attainable.
The Series S uses a smaller chip that's easier to get. That wouldn't make the normal PS5 chips easier to get. Also, the average CoD/sports game players do not always go for the pro consoles. They don't sell as well as the base systems typically and wouldn't help base PS5 supplies. I think it'd make both harder to get.

The Series S uses a smaller chip that's easier to get. That wouldn't make the normal PS5 chips easier to get. Also, the average CoD/sports game players do not always go for the pro consoles. They don't sell as well as the base systems typically and wouldn't help base PS5 supplies. I think it'd make both harder to get.
Thinking less of the CoD bros and more the scalpers. If they're targeting the new hotness it may make it at least somewhat easier to purchase a base model without it selling out the second a drop goes live.

I'm hearing rumors of a PS5 Pro is going to be released in 2024. Man, at this point I'll settle for a PS5 equivalent to the Xbox Series S. A non-4K PS5 with at least the capability to play PS4 and PS5 discs.
At this rate they're not giving me many reasons to even own a PS5 TBH. Outside of FF7R, I can't think of a single game exclusive to the console I'll be playing in the next couple of years. The irony is they literally just sent me an email (which I'm unsubbed from. . .) saying they noticed I've been a little quiet lately and advertised their latest sale. Lol Sony, when you can't identify the dumbest person in the room: it's you.

At this rate they're not giving me many reasons to even own a PS5 TBH. Outside of FF7R, I can't think of a single game exclusive to the console I'll be playing in the next couple of years. The irony is they literally just sent me an email (which I'm unsubbed from. . .) saying they noticed I've been a little quiet lately and advertised their latest sale. Lol Sony, when you can't identify the dumbest person in the room: it's you.
I am the opposite. Since getting the PS5 at launch, I use it exclusively for Playstation games. I enjoy the better performance all around on PS4 games, I beat most of the PS5 exclusives thus far, and the controller is far better than the Dualshock 4. The only person using the PS4 in my house is my son (mostly because I am using the PS5 at the time). I upgraded my PS5 with a 2tb Firecuda 530 SSD drive and its even better than the PS4 ever was, even though I still think the PS4 is a great system for what it was. Better than the Xbox one, but I wont get into that. LOL

At this rate they're not giving me many reasons to even own a PS5 TBH. Outside of FF7R, I can't think of a single game exclusive to the console I'll be playing in the next couple of years.
Feeling the same. I got an invite to order one today, but I just can't justify it when I have a Series X. There are a few PS exclusives I'm interested in, but the ones I want most are over a year away. I'll keep waiting for the software to catch up. There may also be a hardware revision by then.

I can’t ever go back to my ps4 after owning a ps5. And I don’t think I can ever own a PlayStation and an Xbox cuz that would be more games and more subscriptions to pay for. Also only good thing that ps4 does over ps5 for me is themes, folders and more storage. Oh and copy save file to usb I think? Idk if u can do that yet on ps5

Why do you keep posting on the ps5 thread if you don't care about it? Most Sony and Nintendo fans would say the exact same thing about Microsoft, that they have 0 interest in a single elusive Xbox game over the next 2 years.

I can’t ever go back to my ps4 after owning a ps5. And I don’t think I can ever own a PlayStation and an Xbox cuz that would be more games and more subscriptions to pay for. Also only good thing that ps4 does over ps5 for me is themes, folders and more storage. Oh and copy save file to usb I think? Idk if u can do that yet on ps5
You should try out MS Rewards. I almost exclusively pay for my games and subscriptions on Xbox using that. And even if you stay with only PS you should try MS rewards as you can use it to get Walmart, Target and Amazon gift cards.

Why do you keep posting on the ps5 thread if you don't care about it? Most Sony and Nintendo fans would say the exact same thing about Microsoft, that they have 0 interest in a single elusive Xbox game over the next 2 years.
Owning the console says I do care about the state of Sony, because even at a minuscule level it makes me a shareholder. Most fans shit on things because they like exclusivity, being part of a club. I hate exclusivity because it's harmful and only benefits the company. I have no preference on platform because games are what I play, and if Game Pass were on PS5 I'd play there. My point was and is, that they're not offering anything substantial I care about other than FF7R. Having a console for a single game franchise is hard to justify and it's beginning to wear thin with me.

Yeah that's not a shareholder, more like a consumer.

How is your post helping others to get their consoles on a restock thread? I noticed that you only post these negative sentiments towards Sony and Nintendo when there is a long drought of new Microsoft games for you to play. Is that why you posting here, is waiting for November killing you?

idc about ps5 either...but for those who do, on Mercari there's a coupon for buying an item off a new seller 20% off I see ps5s on there for basically retail after the coupon if u trust buying a new seller.

idc about ps5 either...but for those who do, on Mercari there's a coupon for buying an item off a new seller 20% off I see ps5s on there for basically retail after the coupon if u trust buying a new seller.
Not worth it. Even the people that use Mercari generally warn against buying ps5s off of there. Basically, even if you don't get scammed.. you have 3 days of support from mercari after receiving the item, and once you've confirmed that the item has been delivered/received and you rate the seller, you have zero support and will be unable to return the item if something goes wrong with it unless you do a chargeback from PayPal or something. I think Mercari is a good place to shop for lower value items, but probably not something like a PS5.

Also lol, while I still shop there because the deals tend to be good.. my second experience was unlucky. I bought a used but like new blue dualsense controller and the seller had around 100 seller feedback, most of it being positive. The dude sent me someone else's order and I got football cards lol. Mercari sorted it out and I had no issues with their support.. but I've never had that shit happen before online. I did have to send back the cards but they gave me a free return label.

I think what would also make me cautious about buying a ps5 is that 90% of the people selling them on Mercari are new sellers with no ratings

This is a deals site! I did pay around $210 for all of my gaming subscriptions, but I also recently noticed I’ve been buying $80 in coffee, cream, and sugar each month while trying to lower my grocery bill. It’s worth having both, I wouldn’t say any one console is more fun, each one has its place.

Is Facebook marketplace even good for selling stuff? Compared to OfferUp locally
I would say yes, you’ll need to weed out all the spam, and name calling, I offered a console right at MSRP Christmas Eve, brand new, and the comments with name calling were in full force. Even the buyer thought they were waking into a robbery.

I would say yes, you’ll need to weed out all the spam, and name calling, I offered a console right at MSRP Christmas Eve, brand new, and the comments with name calling were in full force. Even the buyer thought they were waking into a robbery.
Do you just post it once or post it multiple times on a bunch of groups?

is Mercari and Facebook marketplace connected? I see you can link ur Facebook to Mercari and I see sellers with 10k plus feedback I look thru the listings and I don't see them sell anything lol.

Does anybody think Sony might regret their slow production with X Series S being available just about everywhere?

I'm also curious if Sony actually comes out with a good Game Pass competitor next week, or does a typical Sony thing.

Does anybody think Sony might regret their slow production with X Series S being available just about everywhere?

I'm also curious if Sony actually comes out with a good Game Pass competitor next week, or does a typical Sony thing.
Top part: not even slightly. Series S has been pretty easy to get for awhile now and PS5 is still selling great.

Bottom part: I have no faith Sony doesn’t screw it up. I mean haven’t they pretty much come out and said they won’t be putting any Day 1 games on the service?

bread's done
Back