Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Proof that executives are overpaid. As if a little bit of reimbursement from those whom stacked subscriptions is worth the immense public backlash and negative PR on Twitter.

The company will reverse course in a matter of weeks when they realize this mongoloid decision-making.

It is astonishing how eternally short-sighted and cocksure the (whomever) current vg console market leader proves to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Proof that executives are overpaid. As if a little bit of reimbursement from those whom stacked subscriptions is worth the immense public backlash and negative PR on Twitter.

The company will reverse course in a matter of weeks when they realize this mongoloid decision-making.

It is astonishing how eternally short-sighted and cocksure the (whomever) current vg console market leader proves to be.
I didn’t notice any mention of people who have multiple years of Now, any word on if those people will be charged extra as well?

Good! Here’s hoping it WAS a mistake and not them getting caught and silently fixing the problem
I think it was clearly the latter of those. You would have to specially code it to go back and figure out what you paid for you accumulated time currently rather than a much more straightforward upcharge for your time balance. It really feels deliberate and they got their hands caught in the cookie jar.

I think it was clearly the latter of those. You would have to specially code it to go back and figure out what you paid for you accumulated time currently rather than a much more straightforward upcharge for your time balance. It really feels deliberate and they got their hands caught in the cookie jar.
Yeah unfortunately it seems like that’s the case. How the hell is one company just so completely prone to do the wrong thing every damn time? I’m old enough to remember a time when Sony products were top of the line, like everything they made was pretty much the best you could get. No wonder they’ve fallen so far. They really thought a few extra dollars was worth the further hit to their reputation?? Just completely tone deaf!

Yeah unfortunately it seems like that’s the case. How the hell is one company just so completely prone to do the wrong thing every damn time? I’m old enough to remember a time when Sony products were top of the line, like everything they made was pretty much the best you could get. No wonder they’ve fallen so far. They really thought a few extra dollars was worth the further hit to their reputation?? Just completely tone deaf!
It's that the Market Leader always falters. We see this time and time again. Hubris ensues, they enact protective and defensive corporate decision-making, and the trailers in the marketplace have to come up with good, refreshing, customer-friendly ideas to stay competitive.

It's why Xbox has been doing so well with their 'Smart Delivery' system lately. Similar to how Sony showed "how you can share physical games" on the PS4 and bragged about its disc drive in 2013 . Right after the dominance of the 360 era when MS was on top when they were initially planning on going fully-digital with the XB1. Wii was on top for a time and then it became a constant stream of shovelware poop, and poor access to ever-revolving Nintendo eShops, while the other major players had to focus on developing great core games.

I walked into Best Buy 5 minutes before close tonight looking for a Series X game for my AWD console, and somehow ended up walking out with a PS5 console for my fiancée's uncle instead.

He ended up not needing it, so I'm likely to be returning it, but I did not expect to be able to impulse buy both of those consoles in the space of a week.

PS5 disc bundles in store today, 5/28. Bundles are usually $800 and includes mlb 22, GT7, additional red dualsense controller and 3d headset. Stock quantity varies, my local store only has 4 bundles available. Credit to wario64.
https://www.gamestop.com/ps5-store-event.html?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Wario64&utm_campaign=2&utm_id=2949699&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=0wLgH49VWzI-msP7e4OOn1ieKq74U3vtIA&ranMID=24348&ranEAID=0wLgH49VWzI&ranSiteID=0wLgH49VWzI-msP7e4OOn1ieKq74U3vtIA

This Walmart+ thing is a scam and should be illegal.
It's not because others are doing similar stuff like Gamestop with their Pro Rewards. Amazon also does it for their Prime Members. It's a selling point to get people to buy a membership. Sony does it in a way where you need a PS Plus membership to get free shipping.

It's not because others are doing similar stuff like Gamestop with their Pro Rewards. Amazon also does it for their Prime Members. It's a selling point to get people to buy a membership. Sony does it in a way where you need a PS Plus membership to get free shipping.
The others should be illegal as well. Locking certain items behind a subscription is fucked up. Don't support this.

The others should be illegal as well. Locking certain items behind a subscription is fucked up. Don't support this.
That's where you and I both agree but it's not illegal to encourage someone to have access to behind a paywall. If that were the case most of the internet websites would cease to exist because many are behind paywalls.

Anyone get an Amazon invite yet?

-Update-

I was able to get a disc system through one of those PS5 invite emails from Sony. The experience wasn't too bad. Initial queue wait was over an hour but ended up being about 15 mins. Wouldn't let me add the PS5 to cart at first saying it had recently gone oos, but kept clicking add until it worked. Shipping was $13 for console alone or free if I added an item. I decided to add Sackboy since it was on sale for $30, so really like $17 since it saved me shipping.

I tried getting one through Sony Direct. Loaded up my invite. Sat on the page for an hour and a half. Don't get any queue notification or anything on the page. Just the instructions. Tried the link on my phone and it says it ended.
Cool

Got a notification email yesterday from Sony Direct, don't check the home email daily so missed out.  

I'm over trying to get one of these.  By the time the system is readily available it will be at half life.

As a Walmart+ member, I checked and they were gone within 10 minutes. I didn't bother checking the 2nd round. I figured it would be just as bad as the first.

Haven't heard of anyone getting an invite from Amazon yet. SD only has one user say they got it (no proof posted).

My PS Direct order shipped and should arrive in a few days. It will be replacing my base PS4.

As a Walmart+ member, I checked and they were gone within 10 minutes. I didn't bother checking the 2nd round. I figured it would be just as bad as the first.
The disc console has been very easy to get for a while with Walmart+. It will say sold out when you are in que but they are still available. They are only really sold out when you can't join the que or is kicked out. Is this what you are seeing?

The disc console has been very easy to get for a while with Walmart+. It will say sold out when you are in que but they are still available. They are only really sold out when you can't join the que or is kicked out. Is this what you are seeing?
I forget, I just quit when it said sold out.

I have a NIB PS5 disc Horizon bundle if anyone want to trade their NIB digital Horizon bundle plus $100

PS Direct is up, 5 min warning as of this post.
thanks for the heads up. In the queue now, 55min wait time from "over an hour" earlier.

Wait ended up only being 20 mins to get in. Missed the disc only but had the Horizon bundle. Bailed on the purchase since it's a voucher and I didn't want to spend real money for it. Have too much credit at BB and GS, I'll wait a bit longer....

PS Direct is up, 5 min warning as of this post.
Thank you so much! I didn’t get any email notice (despite signing up), but I just googled “Sony direct” and the whole process was simple to snag a unit!

Edit: They only had the Horizon bundle.

The queue is REALLY short. I was able to make it through in less than a minute and add a digital bundle to my cart just for kicks.
I didn’t even want one. It was available, just for kicks I tried checking out and it let me so I did. I’ll find someone who needs one or I’ll just end up keeping it.

bread's done
Back