Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Well that was weird. Just bought a horizon ps5 bundle through direct without waiting on the Que at all
Wait, I though they were only doing sales by invite?

I legit don't get how I haven't been able to find a PS5 yet no matter what I try- PS Direct invite sign up, wario64, Amazon Prime invite sign up.

Wait, I though they were only doing sales by invite?

I legit don't get how I haven't been able to find a PS5 yet no matter what I try- PS Direct invite sign up, wario64, Amazon Prime invite sign up.
Felt the same way when I discovered PS Direct no longer sells certified refurbished PS4 Pro consoles. Don't give up, although search elsewhere.

I just snagged a disc Horizon bundle an hour and half ago from my work computer (hopefully the IT guys ignore it, LOL). 

I'm still in disbelief that I got one. Saw someone post on SD, checked it out of dumb luck on my phone and saw it was a wait time of 1 min. Figured it was an error so I checked my work laptop and my wait time was literally 1 minute. Got in order in ASAP before I realized I used my work computer for person shopping. LOL

Anyone know how PS direct ships these? Do they put it in a box or do they just slap a label on the box? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just snagged a disc Horizon bundle an hour and half ago from my work computer (hopefully the IT guys ignore it, LOL).

I'm still in disbelief that I got one. Saw someone post on SD, checked it out of dumb luck on my phone and saw it was a wait time of 1 min. Figured it was an error so I checked my work laptop and my wait time was literally 1 minute. Got in order in ASAP before I realized I used my work computer for person shopping. LOL

Anyone know how PS direct ships these? Do they put it in a box or do they just slap a label on the box?
It’s very securely boxed

Hopefully this is a trend that more systems will stay in stock at various retailers soon. I have had one since launch and cant fathom the effort of constantly trying to get one for a year and a half.

Hopefully this is a trend that more systems will stay in stock at various retailers soon. I have had one since launch and cant fathom the effort of constantly trying to get one for a year and a half.
I had a preorder and then canceled because I was like "nothing on the system I want to play ASAP, I can get this in a year when there are more games and probably will have deals on games, maybe even the system itself"... yeah, LOL, holy shit.

Hopefully this is a sign though. Can't WAIT to fire this baby up!

I had a preorder and then canceled because I was like "nothing on the system I want to play ASAP, I can get this in a year when there are more games and probably will have deals on games, maybe even the system itself"... yeah, LOL, holy shit.

Hopefully this is a sign though. Can't WAIT to fire this baby up!
The load times are such a QOL game changer. And, as a hearing impaired gamer, the ability to set at the system level that captions should always be on and have the system automatically inform the games of that rather than having to sit through a cutscene before I can enable them?

Sounds so minor if that isn't your lived experience, but if it IS, it's a huge accessibility thing.

Damn, looks like the PS5 doesn't like my receiver... it's only a few years old but it doesn't seem to like that my receiver doesn't immediately switch video inputs. 

Definitely not a smooth start up but damn, even though I read a lot about it, the controller is more amazing than I thought... including Astro was a brilliant move. 

Wish I had time to actually fire up a game and play but can't decide on what. 

Definitely not a smooth start up but damn, even though I read a lot about it, the controller is more amazing than I thought... including Astro was a brilliant move.
Definitely one of the best controllers made, but the battery life is horrible. I actually fired up my PS3 after a few years sitting there yesterday and damn, that Dualshock 3 feels like crap. lol

Damn, looks like the PS5 doesn't like my receiver... it's only a few years old but it doesn't seem to like that my receiver doesn't immediately switch video inputs.

The answer is right in front of you, Astro's Play Room. It's very good and I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Horizon Forbidden West is pretty good too, story was not as strong as the first but everything else felt much better.

If you like racing or driving games, Gran Turismo 7 looks amazing in 4K. You now have to do a double and triple take as the game looks real.

Definitely one of the best controllers made, but the battery life is horrible. I actually fired up my PS3 after a few years sitting there yesterday and damn, that Dualshock 3 feels like crap. lol
I dunno, the DS design is still one of the better controller designs of the last few decades- still doesn't bother me as I still fire up PS1/2/3 games at least once a year.

The answer is right in front of you, Astro's Play Room. It's very good and I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Horizon Forbidden West is pretty good too, story was not as strong as the first but everything else felt much better.
I might just have to- seems like a good game for those short 20-30 minute gaming breaks I get these days. I do have the Horizon FW bundle so I could fire up FW and as much as I loved HZD (still my fave game of last gen), I just can't get excited for another open world game.

If you like racing or driving games, Gran Turismo 7 looks amazing in 4K. You now have to do a double and triple take as the game looks real.
This was one I wanted to try because GT was a series I could not get into after GT3 because of the long ass load times- figured the PS5 super fast loads times would be great for this game... but all the microtransactions BS killed my interest.

This was one I wanted to try because GT was a series I could not get into after GT3 because of the long ass load times- figured the PS5 super fast loads times would be great for this game... but all the microtransactions BS killed my interest.
I have not had a single issue regarding microtransactions. I have not received a single prompt or popup to buy GT currency. I have been gifted at least 20 cars and some of them are race cars. Sure if a person wants to buy as many cars to fill up their garage then the only way to do that is by buying in game currency. I have earned close to 6,000,000 credits in the game so I can buy any car I want want.

But honestly, that's the fun of GT, is enjoying the game and organically collecting cars as you go. Bottom line, I wouldn't let microtransactions dissuade you from buying the game.

Just a small warning: the first time you play it you have to sit through a ridiculously long intro. There’s no avoiding it, there’s no way to skip it. There’s an option to choose to never see it again after that

https://www.xfire.com/skip-gran-turismo-7-opening-intro/

I've gotta say that the car drops have been dropping a little bit more since the developer was called out for purposely making the game more reliant on microtransactions. Today I was gifted a Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat 707.1 HP monster :whistle2:

So what's the unique feature of the PS5?  I heard Xbox Series has quick resume or whatever it is called that lets you pick up where you left off in a game.

The dualsense controller. It's pretty unique and worthy of next gen.
Once you play the free Astro Bots game that's included with the PS5, you'll quickly see how the Dualsense controller is a game changer. Racing games feel even more immersive because the triggers become pressure sensitive mimicking the gas and brake pedal.

Once you play the free Astro Bots game that's included with the PS5, you'll quickly see how the Dualsense controller is a game changer. Racing games feel even more immersive because the triggers become pressure sensitive mimicking the gas and brake pedal.
Same with shooters, when it takes a little more force to pull the trigger

The dualsense controller. It's pretty unique and worthy of next gen.
Slowly making my way through Astro and I played the part where you're a "spring" and I don't know how to describe it, but I never thought it would be possible to feel what a spring feels without actually holding a spring.

And this is via a controller.

I not gonna lie, I've had my reservations about the PS5 and granted I only have a few hours of experience with it, I still have a ton of reservations but this controller is something else. I cannot imagine what cool things they'll do when PSVR2 comes around with this tech.

I have an Amazon gift card and I signed up for invite/notifications on the PS5 disc version and the PS5 Horizon Bundle, has anyone been successful buying a PS5 via the Amazon invitations?

Slowly making my way through Astro and I played the part where you're a "spring" and I don't know how to describe it, but I never thought it would be possible to feel what a spring feels without actually holding a spring.
Don't know if you played with Horizon yet, but bow draws are pretty neat. Returnal also uses it nicely, with alt-fire mode.

And this is via a controller.

I not gonna lie, I've had my reservations about the PS5 and granted I only have a few hours of experience with it, I still have a ton of reservations but this controller is something else. I cannot imagine what cool things they'll do when PSVR2 comes around with this tech.
I'm glad that you are getting to experience the next-gen features of the Dualsense controller. There's nothing like it. Even the Joy-Cons are not in the same league as the PS5 controller. I have yet to jump into VR but i'm very intrigued by VR2 and the specs Sony has released. I might for the first time buy a VR kit and if I do it will be for the PS5.

Read reports that there are going to be a significant amount of PS5 available for this holiday shopping season. So getting them should be much a little bit easier than before. 

A data analyst basically confirming Sony stock allocation to what they presented in the IR day presentation. They also set aside a large amount of funds for marketing during that quarter based on one of their reports.

A data analyst basically confirming Sony stock allocation to what they presented in the IR day presentation. They also set aside a large amount of funds for marketing during that quarter based on one of their reports.
They’re stock piling for the holiday. They did the same last year. Systems are “easier” to get oct-dec.

Yes, but this holiday the stock amount available will be more significant than previous years. Last holiday stock numbers were very low. Posting this information so people can wait for the holiday if there are only forced bundles available that they don't want right now.

Check your local Best Buy - walked in after work and I picked up a horizon disc bundle and they had more, as well as digital bundles

I just walked out of my local BestBuy with a Horizon disc version.  They had probably upwards of 20 of them.

Clerk said it was the largest shipment they had ever received of them.

I just walked out of my local BestBuy with a Horizon disc version. They had probably upwards of 20 of them.

Clerk said it was the largest shipment they had ever received of them.

I'd consider this if they finally made an LE version of the PS5. I have the launch edition model with the better heatsink though so I probably won't get rid of it since the subsequent models are made cheaper. I do wonder how Sony will make LE consoles when the faceplates come off so easily.

I'd consider this if they finally made an LE version of the PS5. I have the launch edition model with the better heatsink though so I probably won't get rid of it since the subsequent models are made cheaper. I do wonder how Sony will make LE consoles when the faceplates come off so easily.
I, too, have the launch PS5. I did not know it has a better heatsink in it. When was this changed?

Gamers Nexus did a comparison and through testing of both on YT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgWuGA8cExo

The bottom line is that there is a few degree difference between the launch and the revised PS5's. The revised PS5's use an updated fan which pushes more hot air out and the MEMORY on the revised models run slightly higher temps but only by a few degrees and it's probably well within Sony's thermal specs. The VRM runs slightly cooler on the revised models, again not that big a deal. As Steve from Gamers Nexus mentioned it "might/could" be a problem years down the road if the PS5 is in an entertainment cabinet which could cause the temps to run higher than the manufactures specs or it's been sitting on the floor collecting dust and pet hair. I always let my Sony Playstation's cool down for about 10-15 minutes before shutting them off to let the fans lower the internal temps. I've been doing that since the launch PS3. And I still have a launch PS3 Phat (mint condition) that still works as well as a PS3 Slim that still works.

bread's done
Back