Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Had to buy a bundle but my local GameStop had over 20 PS5s available.
Same except I resisted the urge to buy a bundle. Figure by the time BF comes around, hopefully forced MSRP bundles will no longer be around. The manager told me they got a bunch in on Saturday and they had about 15 left on Sunday morning between disk/no disk and Forbidden bundles.

PSA: The Horizon bundle is a download code, despite being with a disc system. fucking lame.
Every time I read disc version I thought it came with a physical game. Easy pass. I presume for future “limited edition” systems this will be the norm just like the god of war and horizon collectors editions.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSA: The Horizon bundle is a download code, despite being with a disc system. fucking lame.
Seems to me that this is a sneaky way of recouping some of the cost of the console that they’re eating. A download essentially costs Sony nothing even though they charge more for the bundle, while a disc would mean putting a space in the box for a disc/case, not to mention the cost of the disc/case itself. Maybe all that costs them $5, but it adds up. Not saying it’s right, but I see why a corporation would do it.

Local BB had these in stock randomly, and it was the first time I think I was asked if I wanted one while being in a store. I laughed and said no thanks. Dude gave me a look like he was offended. :whistle2:?

I ordered the horizon ps5 bundle from playstation direct. It says my package was delivered today. However it was actually never delivered. I filed a claim on UPS. And chatted to an agent on there and they told me to contact the seller. Have any of you guys had any issues with buying from playstation direct? Any tips on what i can do to either get my ps5 or my money back? Any help would be appreciated. 

I ordered the horizon ps5 bundle from playstation direct. It says my package was delivered today. However it was actually never delivered. I filed a claim on UPS. And chatted to an agent on there and they told me to contact the seller. Have any of you guys had any issues with buying from playstation direct? Any tips on what i can do to either get my ps5 or my money back? Any help would be appreciated.
Be patient. It likely was an employee making an error in marking delivered. It’s on a truck somewhere ready to be delivered if it followed tracking all the way through.

Did your PS5 ever arrive? I had a expensive order marked as delivered even though no UPS truck had come by. I thought he had delivered to the wrong address so I freaked out and filed a claim, but he had just marked it as delivered in advance, which is a bad idea because it can lead to the customer freaking out.

If you don't receive it today when you were informed it was delivered, I would contact Sony and flag it as missing. Ask if they can flag the serial number as missing to see where it gets activated. UPS should be able to find out the driver who marked it as delivered.

That's why i'm a huge fan of American Express. If something like this happens, all it takes is one phone call and they begin their investigation.

If you don't receive it today when you were informed it was delivered, I would contact Sony and flag it as missing. Ask if they can flag the serial number as missing to see where it gets activated. UPS should be able to find out the driver who marked it as delivered.

That's why i'm a huge fan of American Express. If something like this happens, all it takes is one phone call and they begin their investigation.
No experience with PS Direct, but have professional experience dealing with UPS. You're not going to get any kind of refund from UPS. If the driver delivered it (or scanned it delivered), UPS will treat this as a stolen item. Not their problem. They will suggest that you file a police report for a stolen item and contact the seller.

I finally bothered to sign up my PlayStation account to see if I ever get invited to pick up a PS5.  Not saying I will, mind you, but it took all but a few minutes so I bothered to do it.

I still think I'm waiting until next year (or the one after) to buy one.  The only thing (mildly) keeping me interested is the (highly unlikely) thought that Sony might kill off the disc-based version, which would pretty much also kill off any interest I have in buying one.  Believe it or not, one of the big selling points of the disc-based PS5 is that it plays my PS4 games (which also explains why I'm not terribly in need of getting one at the moment).

I am very excited for PS5's not-yet-released games.  Titles like Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, Project EVE, Plague's Tale 2, the remakes for Dead Space and Resident Evil 4, and the next new Naughty Dog project have me the most excited.  Some of those are right around the corner.  That said, the PS5 still has a long way before it hits that 50-wanted-and-released-games threshold I try to follow for picking up new consoles.

Switch is closer to that number.  May be this holiday, though at this point, I'm also inclined to wait for the successor system.

I’ve been reading several rumors lately that Sony’s going to raise the price $100 a la Meta Quest, so you may want to jump on it if you get the invite.
Probably not going to happen. Meta raised the price not just because component prices increased but also because their ad revenue is down a lot and R&D spend around the metaverse is up. They basically can’t let subsidizing the hardware eat into their bottom line.

Microsoft will always subsidize the Xbox and Sony can’t afford to raise prices. Their are way more Xboxes in consumer hands than PS5s due to shortages (not demand). I don’t think they’ll want to relive the 360 era again.

Microsoft will always subsidize the Xbox and Sony can’t afford to raise prices. Their are way more Xboxes in consumer hands than PS5s due to shortages (not demand). I don’t think they’ll want to relive the 360 era again.
Source?

Because a quick search shows PS5 sold like 35% more than Xbox.

Probably not going to happen. Meta raised the price not just because component prices increased but also because their ad revenue is down a lot and R&D spend around the metaverse is up. They basically can’t let subsidizing the hardware eat into their bottom line.

It may seem counterintuitive, but raising the price may actually get the system in more gamers’ hands rather than scalpers. No second hand margin could mean no scalpers. I could see them throwing in a year of PS+ Extra or something to help justify it.

Source?

Because a quick search shows PS5 sold like 35% more than Xbox.
My bad I miss interpreted an article from M$ earnings call. Best selling console of Q1 and Q2 2022 were the series consoles. PS5 has a few million more sold from prior years. It’s leading by 4.8 million units 18.8 vs 13.8.

I finally bothered to sign up my PlayStation account to see if I ever get invited to pick up a PS5. Not saying I will, mind you, but it took all but a few minutes so I bothered to do it.

I still think I'm waiting until next year (or the one after) to buy one. The only thing (mildly) keeping me interested is the (highly unlikely) thought that Sony might kill off the disc-based version, which would pretty much also kill off any interest I have in buying one. Believe it or not, one of the big selling points of the disc-based PS5 is that it plays my PS4 games (which also explains why I'm not terribly in need of getting one at the moment).

I am very excited for PS5's not-yet-released games. Titles like Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, Project EVE, Plague's Tale 2, the remakes for Dead Space and Resident Evil 4, and the next new Naughty Dog project have me the most excited. Some of those are right around the corner. That said, the PS5 still has a long way before it hits that 50-wanted-and-released-games threshold I try to follow for picking up new consoles.

Switch is closer to that number. May be this holiday, though at this point, I'm also inclined to wait for the successor system.
Smallest of rumblings that Sony wants to already refresh the system AND bump the cost up. Shortages have hit them the hardest I think to the point they may now be losing money on the consoles. Explains why they're meekly trying to stir shit up over the Actiblizzion acquisition because COD is likely to be a saving grace this year for digital sales. Game Pass really put them in their place and now they're struggling to compete (by their own admission).

So funny how it was OK when they hurt the industry with exclusives (and still do) but all crocodile tears when it happens to them. RIP.

Amazon just sent me a 72 hour link to buy the Horizon Bundle PS5, so I pulled the trigger, it says it arrives on Sunday August 7th. This will be the first Sony Playstation console I have ever owned in my life.

Smallest of rumblings that Sony wants to already refresh the system AND bump the cost up. Shortages have hit them the hardest I think to the point they may now be losing money on the consoles. Explains why they're meekly trying to stir shit up over the Actiblizzion acquisition because COD is likely to be a saving grace this year for digital sales. Game Pass really put them in their place and now they're struggling to compete (by their own admission).

So funny how it was OK when they hurt the industry with exclusives (and still do) but all crocodile tears when it happens to them. RIP.
And that's to be expected from someone who has been sitting at the top since the original Playstation days. I remember watching an interview with Sony execs on Jim Cramer's CNBC show back in 2003 and Sony acted back then as if Microsoft had no chance and were irrelevant. Times have changed and when you are on top the only way you can go is down.

The thing is that the industry has changed drastically in the last 20 yrs. The Xbox 360 was the game changer aside from the RROD. Sony at that point was playing catch up. As time went on, the only real difference between Sony and Microsoft was Sony's exclusives. Now Microsoft as a player in the Biz is on equal footing so 95% of the games are multi-platform. Yeah, I can see why Sony would complain about the Activision deal. They have the most to lose and the Playstation brand is where Sony makes money from. Microsoft, though moved the goalpost again with Game Pass. But that's what happens when you've been on top for so long that you feel entitled to stuff you need to keep making your business model growing even if it means complaining.

But there were NO complaints from Sony when they used their leverage to crush the Sega Dreamcast. Now it looks like that's what they are fearing Microsoft is trying to do to them.

I signed up for Amazon's invitation to buy a PS5 (disc version, $500) a couple months ago and just now received the invitation.  I pretty much had given up weeks ago so it was a big surprise when I got the "Congrats, you're invited" email today.  Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is on sale for $40, so I think that will be my first PS5 game.

With only around 650gb usable on the PS5 ssd, I'm now regretting that I didn't buy the 4tb gen4 SSD when Best Buy sold it for $300 a few weeks ago. :cry:

I signed up for Amazon's invitation to buy a PS5 (disc version, $500) a couple months ago and just now received the invitation. I pretty much had given up weeks ago so it was a big surprise when I got the "Congrats, you're invited" email today. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is on sale for $40, so I think that will be my first PS5 game.

With only around 650gb usable on the PS5 ssd, I'm now regretting that I didn't buy the 4tb gen4 SSD when Best Buy sold it for $300 a few weeks ago. :cry:
Was that a glitch at Best Buy?

Might just be super lucky, but I requested an Amazon invitation for the PS5 bundle w/ Horizon about four days ago and actually received my invite today. Pretty stoked. Will be here next Thursday.

I saw 2 horizon bundles at BB yesterday midday. Funny cause I remember someone saying horizon was such a bad game it was keeping the ps5 from selling lol

I also saw a wall of series S and switch oleds.

Probably because the sequel scored a 88 on Metacritic while the original scored a 89. I doubt they even owned or actually played the game.

The sequel story is nowhere near as epic as the second first one, but I think a bigger problem is that they packaged it with a second game in a trilogy at all, instead of a stand-alone game.

bread's done
Back