Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

What do you all think about the new Modern Warfare 2 PS5 bundle?  I'm going to guess the Call of Duty game is a digital voucher, just like the Horizon PS5 bundle.

Nowadays seeing a PS5 in stock is like seeing a switch, it's common. I remember the old days of the PS5 releases where you had to watch twitch or twitter to find out when a drop is to hammer the 'add to cart' button hoping you can check out. Perhaps that is our modern day standing in line for a midnight launch for console releases?

Nowadays seeing a PS5 in stock is like seeing a switch, it's common. I remember the old days of the PS5 releases where you had to watch twitch or twitter to find out when a drop is to hammer the 'add to cart' button hoping you can check out. Perhaps that is our modern day standing in line for a midnight launch for console releases?
its not common until you start seeing them in stores

its not common until you start seeing them in stores

He keeps posting that same nonsense over and over. If he's able to buy them so easily, why is he wasting his time in this topic?

Because he’s trolling. The console is more common now than it was but by no means is it actually easy to find

Seriously, a 20 year vet here trolling? I can walk into a Best Buy and often they will have PS5 consoles in stock. The website won't be updated, you just have to ask if they are. It's never advertised.

You people (pun intended) don't know the retail world. It's turning into the same as automobiles. Corporations like Ford or Sony want direct to consumer now. There's no middle man to pay a cut of the profits to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could it be Sony finally found a way to keep the bots away?

As for how readily available PS5s are to buy, I wouldn't say they're easy at all to find at stores. I've never seen one while Switch is pretty abundant wherever I go.

Makes sense more and more companies want to cut out retail to raise margins. You see it happening across the movie publishers, too (Kino, Shout, Gruv). Frankly, I think it's inevitable we're going to see stores reduce their gaming floorspace as more games go digital and these products draw less and less foot traffic (just like how blurays/uhd movies are being removed as folks now use subscription services).

Could it be Sony finally found a way to keep the bots away?

As for how readily available PS5s are to buy, I wouldn't say they're easy at all to find at stores. I've never seen one while Switch is pretty abundant wherever I go.

Makes sense more and more companies want to cut out retail to raise margins. You see it happening across the movie publishers, too (Kino, Shout, Gruv). Frankly, I think it's inevitable we're going to see stores reduce their gaming floorspace as more games go digital and these products draw less and less foot traffic (just like how blurays/uhd movies are being removed as folks now use subscription services).
My local Best Buy no longer stocks video games on the shelf. They keep everything in warehouse and you have to ask if something is in stock so they can run in the back to get it for you, or check online for store stock before you go. Makes it impossible to window shop like I used to.

That's how and why I know stores have PS5 consoles sitting around. The website always says sold out or check stores, their in stock inventory for consoles doesn't update to the website. Often times you just have to ask.

My local Best Buy no longer stocks video games on the shelf. They keep everything in warehouse and you have to ask if something is in stock so they can run in the back to get it for you, or check online for store stock before you go. Makes it impossible to window shop like I used to.

That's how and why I know stores have PS5 consoles sitting around. The website always says sold out or check stores, their in stock inventory for consoles doesn't update to the website. Often times you just have to ask.
Ugh, the closest Best Buy to me just got renovated and now that's pretty much how it is there. They have 1 shelf that has new releases only for Switch/Xbox/PS5 on one side and accessories for the other. I think there's only 2 shelves for Blu Rays as well. When you walk in though, you can see a bunch of consoles in a gated area behind customer service... recently I've seen PS5s anytime I've gone, but only the disc based one.

Ugh, the closest Best Buy to me just got renovated and now that's pretty much how it is there. They have 1 shelf that has new releases only for Switch/Xbox/PS5 on one side and accessories for the other. I think there's only 2 shelves for Blu Rays as well. When you walk in though, you can see a bunch of consoles in a gated area behind customer service... recently I've seen PS5s anytime I've gone, but only the disc based one.
I've noticed the new way of business there is employees are using their personal phones for an app that lights up the digital tags to find an item easier. The tag also shows the in stock quantity in warehouse, so they don't have to go "look in the back" if you don't see the item on the sales floor.

I guess digital vouchers are the future with the PS5.  I'm going to guess this God of War bundle is a voucher too?

Unrelated, I kind of wish you could use your PSN wallet to buy stuff on the PS Direct website or at least use PSN wallet funds to buy promo codes towards a PS Direct purchase.

I guess digital vouchers are the future with the PS5. I'm going to guess this God of War bundle is a voucher too?

Unrelated, I kind of wish you could use your PSN wallet to buy stuff on the PS Direct website or at least use PSN wallet funds to buy promo codes towards a PS Direct purchase.
Agreed. That’s one of the conveniences I like in the xbox

Next bundle
What's the point of first party 'exclusive' bundles that don't have anything unique within the box... no customer controller, faceplate, or even DLC for the digital game. I still own my god of war PS4 pro which looks great. I'll never part with it as it's near my PS5, plus I upgraded the Pro's HDD to 2TB internally.

What's the point of first party 'exclusive' bundles that don't have anything unique within the box... no customer controller, faceplate, or even DLC for the digital game. I still own my god of war PS4 pro which looks great. I'll never part with it as it's near my PS5, plus I upgraded the Pro's HDD to 2TB internally.
People are still looking for the console and GoW is one of the most anticipated releases of the year so it’s kinda obvious people will want both together

People are still looking for the console and GoW is one of the most anticipated releases of the year so it’s kinda obvious people will want both together
Eh, not a fan of 'forced' bundles. This is just Sony pulling a gamestop, making you buy things you don't want. Particularly a DISC console with a digital code. That's just asinine.

Yeah I am with you about the bundles, unless they are cheaper or something.

My buddy told me that he wanted a PS5 and let him know if I saw one so I texted him like 2 weeks ago when PS5 direct was in stock and he is like "I'm going to wait for the God of War bundle" and I was like okay that is cool, cause I knew about the GOW controller.

So when I saw the bundle today and it's just the normal disc console/controller with a (what we can expect is) digital voucher, I texted him and was like "Just get a PS5 if you see it the GOW bundle doesn't have anything unique" so he said okay.

I expected SOMETHING different with the console or controller, but I guess that was kind of dumb considering the HFW bundles have nothing special.

Wow the GOW bundle doesn't have themed controller or faceplates? That is a game that screams for a special edition console. I wonder why they aren't doing them. I was also surprised when HZD2 didn't get a unique console.

If I had ever owned a GOW PS4 Pro I would have kept it forever.

Wow the GOW bundle doesn't have themed controller or faceplates? That is a game that screams for a special edition console. I wonder why they aren't doing them. I was also surprised when HZD2 didn't get a unique console.

If I had ever owned a GOW PS4 Pro I would have kept it forever.
I imagine if PS5's weren't flying off the shelf, they'd do something special but they currently have no reason to.

Amazon: PlayStation 5

"Next wave of invites will be sent on 10/28/2022 (Today) to qualifying customers. While supplies last"

"Available by invitation
High-demand item with limited quantities. We won't be able to grant all requests"

PlayStation direct has had cOD Disk bundles in stock all day even now. Glad the shortage is nearly over so we can finally get some next gen only games.

Glad the shortage is nearly over so we can finally get some next gen only games.
Is it?! I haven't been following this closely, though I have been on the Sony / Amazon wait lists with no luck. Would be nice if you could just walk into a store and buy one...

Is it?! I haven't been following this closely, though I have been on the Sony / Amazon wait lists with no luck. Would be nice if you could just walk into a store and buy one...
It's literally been that way for a couple weeks now. best buy, walmart, and target are readily stocking them.

Recently the PS direct store had consoles on stock for days at a time, no invite needed.

Just a heads up, for those that ordered a Walmart PS5 Ragnarok bundle for delivery this upcoming Friday, they are cancelling orders (not surprising):

From Walmart:
Cancellation requested today

We can't guarantee we'll be able to cancel these items. They may already have been prepared. We'll send an email if your cancellation is confirmed.

It's literally been that way for a couple weeks now. best buy, walmart, and target are readily stocking them.

Recently the PS direct store had consoles on stock for days at a time, no invite needed.
Not everywhere. I still have never seen one in a store. Have seen the Xbox but no PS5

Nah. It's good news that the bottlenecks are starting to unwind and the consoles are actually becoming a little more available online and in-store, BUT we're definitely still not at a point where supply has sufficiently met demand so that these are readily available.

I too have never seen one at a store. That said, looks like we should be able to (with ample supply) by may be summer next year.

No mental gymnastics here.

I'll buy one when I can easily buy one. And feel free to look at my comments on physical media. Few on here are as consistent about these things as I am.
You're just a smart person with impulse control. Personally I won't even consider buying one until it's readily available for MSRP without a forced bundle. Until then I have years of backlog to get through.

Not everywhere. I still have never seen one in a store. Have seen the Xbox but no PS5
He's the only one who sees them everywhere he goes. He has to remind everyone almost daily how he sees them so regularly. I've never seen one for sale in a store yet either...otherwise I wouldn't visit this topic.

He's the only one who sees them everywhere he goes. He has to remind everyone almost daily how he sees them so regularly. I've never seen one for sale in a store yet either...otherwise I wouldn't visit this topic.
Just check reddit, or I can gladly post timestamped photos for proof each time I go out and see them. Last week Best Buy stocked digital consoles. This week target is stocking disc editions for walk in traffic.

Maybe by you, I still can't find it anywhere. I haven't been looking super hard but I do look every few weeks, including the day I posted this!

I'm in Toronto btw, but I also have family in Chicago and have them look from time to time, they haven't been finding it either.

Online retailers, definitely not. Unless you want to pay some sketchy site 900 dollars...

This discussion is kind of pointless. I also have never seen one in a store but PS direct had disc versions available for purchase without a bundle and it was up for a couple days at least. Anyone that wanted one could have gotten it. 

bread's done
Back