Playstation 5 Re-stock Thread

Maybe we are getting closer to the time when PS5s will be always available in store and online and this thread wont be needed anymore.
I was actually surprised it hasn’t ended yet since consoles have been nearly readily available almost daily at many retailers the past month. I almost brought it up last week yet presumed I’d be chastised for mentioning it.

I presume this thread will stay as the demand and hype will rise before xmas, then they’ll be a lull in January with no availability, then massive restock in February/march.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to 2 GS's yesterday.  One had a few GoW disk bundles (I bought one) and the other had a couple controller/PS5 forced bundles.  I am not sure if I'll keep the GoW bundle as I know GoW will be cheap by the time I can get to it.  And I'm sure controllers will be on sale at some point.

Will hold out for the 15 days return period to see what's available for BF.  If I can get one unbundled around BF, I'll go with that.  The store that had the GoW bundles indicated they'll be getting more for BF, take it for what its worth, we'll see.

Went to 2 GS's yesterday. One had a few GoW disk bundles (I bought one) and the other had a couple controller/PS5 forced bundles. I am not sure if I'll keep the GoW bundle as I know GoW will be cheap by the time I can get to it. And I'm sure controllers will be on sale at some point.

Will hold out for the 15 days return period to see what's available for BF. If I can get one unbundled around BF, I'll go with that. The store that had the GoW bundles indicated they'll be getting more for BF, take it for what its worth, we'll see.
they are still forcing controller bundles in store? was debating buying a ps5 in store with trade credit to save on tax.

I was able to get a PS5 through Amazon by doing the invitation request. Didn’t know what thread to ask, but does anyone think the PS5 games will go on sale for Black Friday?

It's only recently that PS5s appear to be more available online. No way was it "readily" available in stores or online. Amazon is sold out and still by invitation only.

We can call it readily available when you can casually walk into stores and see it ready for purchase, and you don't have to eye supply and give it even a try to buy. The Switch, for example, is clearly "readily available."

That all said, I'm glad we may finally be at the end of the supply crunch with PS5. Now bring on all the awesome games!

they are still forcing controller bundles in store? was debating buying a ps5 in store with trade credit to save on tax.
YMMV. As I noted, I bought a GoW bundle (no other extras) at another store and I think at least one other poster was able to get a non bundled PS5 recently. I think if you've waited this long, its probably worth waiting a bit longer for BF to see if there will be any unbundled available at GS. That's the reason why I haven't opened mine yet. Might save $60 in a couple weeks and I prefer physical media vs. digital.

I suggest calling the GS stores closest to you and ask if they regular PS5s (no forced bundles) in stock. One the nearby stores I called said they did (perhaps sold out by now) when I called last Friday.

I know multiple people who signed up for PSVR2 preorder and didn't get an email.

Thankfully I got an email and got a preorder.
I didn't either. Just like I never received a PS5 invite on either of my accounts.

Not sure why someone continuously posts in this topic making things up.

I didn't either. Just like I never received a PS5 invite on either of my accounts.

Not sure why someone continuously posts in this topic making things up.
Everyone I know personally who has a PS5 also received the invite.

I also have always found it odd I’ve had a PS5 since the beginning, registered as a primary console on my Sony account, yet Sony continually sent me invites to buy additional PS5s. I just deleted the emails.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that ps5 has been in stock on Playstation Direct for over 9 hours. I bought one before going to bed last night and noticed they are still showing available this morning. Might finally be in an age where we start seeing them on store shelves soon.

Not surprising as they're commonly available nowadays Cyric. 

Walk in stock for God of War bundle and standard disc console at best buys today.

Just in case anyone stlil needs one, consoles are readily available for walk in traffic and online order pick up for nearly every gamestop across the country.

Are the SSD for the PS5 worth it? It’s just more storage and quicker load times?
the fast load times, downloading, uploading are a significant quality of life improvement. I have upgraded my ps4 pro to ssd and it still pales in comparison to the ps5. With the current GS trade promo giving up to a maximum of 285 trade credit for my 5 yr old ps4 pro, the decision to upgrade was easy.

I totally forgot that putting an ssd in the ps5 doesn’t replace the original storage but adds to it lol so it was definitely worth it to me.. 2tb + 600 storage is pretty good especially when u own a cod game lol. I hate mw2 btw, Cold War was much better imo

I totally forgot that putting an ssd in the ps5 doesn’t replace the original storage but adds to it lol so it was definitely worth it to me.. 2tb + 600 storage is pretty good especially when u own a cod game lol. I hate mw2 btw, Cold War was much better imo
I have a 2TB firecuda not installed yet. Have you tested if the internal or add in ssd is faster?

I have a 2TB firecuda not installed yet. Have you tested if the internal or add in ssd is faster?
I wanted the Corsair or firecuda cuz they look good on paper but after watching some YouTube vids it doesn’t even seem to matter. I got Samsung 980 with heat sink 2tb and it shows 6500MB/s. Idk the speed of the original ssd in the ps5 tho

I haven't benchmarked either but I do have a 1TB Firecuda. From what I can tell, moving stuff to the internal SSD is faster than moving stuff to the Firecuda. That said the Firecuda is still very fast.

Are the SSD for the PS5 worth it? It’s just more storage and quicker load times?
Yes worth it especially now as the prices are dropping. Some people even put slower than recommended drives with no issues. The system just warms you it’s slower than intended. I would do that at your own risk though.

It seems that all major retailers (Gamestop, Target, Best Buy and Walmart) will have very good stock levels of the GOW:R bundle.

Seems that the holiday will be better for Sony, 2021 in comparison, was very lackluster 

This looks like a scammer website.......
The cheap God of War decal on the PS5 is a dead giveaway.

I checked on whois.

Registrar:
NameCheap, Inc.
Registered On:

2022-11-07
Expires On:

2023-11-07
Updated On:

2022-11-09

The cheap God of War decal on the PS5 is a dead giveaway.

I checked on whois.

Registrar:
NameCheap, Inc.
Registered On:

2022-11-07
Expires On:

2023-11-07
Updated On:

2022-11-09
yeah. And this surprises me that rodster has been a member on this forum for so long and is posting scammer websites.

You could check Walmart. I finally got one in store yesterday.
Over the weekend, including today, both Best Buy and GameStops stores were advertising PS5s available in store. Apparently they had so much stock for the weekend they never ran out. Either that or demand finally died down.

Gamestop refurbished ps5 disc $460, would suggest buying the warranty: Check out this product I found on GameStop!
https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/playstation-5/consoles/products/sony-playstation-5-console/225169.html?utm_source=product_share&utm_medium=app

Ps5 digital refurbished $360, suggest warranty: Check out this product I found on GameStop!
https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/playstation-5/consoles/products/sony-playstation-5-digital-edition-console/232355.html

Your local stores may have ps5 non-bundled consoles in stock! Check out this product I found on GameStop!
https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/playstation-5/consoles/products/sony-playstation-5-console/225169.html?utm_source=product_share&utm_medium=app

There's a Modern Warfare 2 PS4 slim bundle on PS Direct for $340.   Also, I guess you don't need a Sony/PSN account anymore to buy a God of War disc edition PS5 on PS Direct.

I'm still wondering if I should just get a used PS4 Pro from Gamestop for $300 or this Modern Warfare 2 PS4 slim for $340?

There's a Modern Warfare 2 PS4 slim bundle on PS Direct for $340. Also, I guess you don't need a Sony/PSN account anymore to buy a God of War disc edition PS5 on PS Direct.

I'm still wondering if I should just get a used PS4 Pro from Gamestop for $300 or this Modern Warfare 2 PS4 slim for $340?
Based on how they go about testing the systems, I wouldn't buy a used system from GS. At $340 for a PS4 slim, I would just wait until I had enough for a PS5.

There's a Modern Warfare 2 PS4 slim bundle on PS Direct for $340. Also, I guess you don't need a Sony/PSN account anymore to buy a God of War disc edition PS5 on PS Direct.

I would never buy a used system from Gamestop for several reasons. I had a friend who was a store mgr and he told me all they do is clean up the systems and make sure they power on and work. That's all they do. Their warranty is pretty basic and the hook is to sell you a warranty. Gamestop is in such bad financial shape that who knows if they will be in business in 12-24 months.

I would rather buy a PS4 Slim from Sony. I still have my PS4 Pro and a Slim. Honestly, there aren't too many games that take advantage of Boost Mode. Upscaling to 4K is fairly basic as well. If you want to play in 4K, buy a PS5 and install those games on there.

bread's done
Back