PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale PS3 - $39.99 @ GameStop

[quote name='Rollobobo']Wait, so quick question...I dont have a Vita...the code I get with the copy of the game, could I give it to someone and they would get essentially a free copy of All-Stars on their Vita or is it somehow tied to the PS3 disc?[/QUOTE]
There is no voucher code for the Vita download. When you put the disc in, you have the option to tie it with your account and doing so allows you to download it. If he has a PS3 you could loan him your disc or get him to use your PS3 to enter in his info

[quote name='jwk94']Nope, trophies are independent.[/QUOTE]

Is there a cross save feature though? And is online play compatible with both systems, vita vs PS3? I'm not going to play the same game twice and build up characters and re-earn trophies.

[quote name='Romeo']Is there a cross save feature though? And is online play compatible with both systems, vita vs PS3? I'm not going to play the same game twice and build up characters and re-earn trophies.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that transfers is your character level and his/her costumes. Progress in the campaign does not. You can do cross-play between vita/ps3.

[quote name='jwk94']The only thing that transfers is your character level and his/her costumes. Progress in the campaign does not. You can do cross-play between vita/ps3.[/QUOTE]

Are there trophies that are a chore/grind to do? And you're saying I'd have to work twice to get them? If so that's just.... meh.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I feel like this should have been the starting price for this game.[/QUOTE]

I feel like all ps3 games should be at this price. But since it includes the vita version im not going to complain about the price. Even though im also waitin for it to get lower. 40$ is still a really good price doe

[quote name='Romeo']Are there trophies that are a chore/grind to do? And you're saying I'd have to work twice to get them? If so that's just.... meh.[/QUOTE]
yeah its a grind but not dificult. You will have to defeat the Arcade mode with every single character and another trophy involves completing all of one character's challenges and theres quite a bit of those

[quote name='Havok83']yeah its a grind but not dificult. You will have to defeat the Arcade mode with every single character and another trophy involves completing all of one character's challenges and theres quite a bit of those[/QUOTE]

Well if you get both games by buying one, and they're the same game on different platforms, why would anyone play through it twice? If you buy the PS3 version and use cross save, you should automatically unlock both versions trophies.

Funny, I came to this thread expecting to see a ton of hate and elitist SSB remarks, nut things are surprisingly pleasant. Oh, and I paid 60 for this game and don't regret it a bit. The online is the most fun I've had in years.

About the trophies, it's a grind, but none of them are "difficult". Even the online trophies are fairly easy and can be gotten in just a couple hours, nothing like the ridiculousness of playing Mortal Kombat with every character for 24 hours.

Its a grind, but it's 2 relatively easy plats for the PS3 and Vita version.

[quote name='Romeo']Are there trophies that are a chore/grind to do? And you're saying I'd have to work twice to get them? If so that's just.... meh.[/QUOTE]

Doing the arcade mode with every character is a chore and almost made me quit playing the game.

[quote name='apathylad']I want to play this game, but I don't want to pay $40 for it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for contributing to the thread. :)

I think I am going to bite on Amazon's PM of this deal. Loved SSB, going to be fun playing with friends.

I wonder if the recent price drop means the game will be on the PSN holiday sale. If so, it might be even cheaper with PS+.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i got gamestop to price adjust my launch day copy[/QUOTE]

May I ask how the heck you managed that? (this is coming from a current employee there) :lol:

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']May I ask how the heck you managed that? (this is coming from a current employee there) :lol:[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I think he has pulled the most YMMV thing ever done on this site.

I was just about to ask that. I bought it at GS on the 23rd for full price. I would love to get $20 back!

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']May I ask how the heck you managed that? (this is coming from a current employee there) :lol:[/QUOTE]

Probably knowing someone and just did a return/rebuy.

Is that not normal? Ive done it twice before when some ps2 games I got a few days later went buy 2 get 1 and when 2 games went on sale a week after I bought them.

The trophies are insanely easy to get. The only "long ones" are beating the campaign with each character, but each campaign only takes about 30 minutes per character to beat.

If you actually try for the trophies, you could get the platinum in about 3 to 4 days. Most of the trophies that sound hard are achievable in practice mode. The only actual hard trophy in the game is win an online match without dying, which is FAR easier to accomplish in a versus game mode, just stay back with one of the shooting characters like raiden and avoid enemies when they get close to you. It's actually pretty easy.

I'm glad the trophies are separate, because they're incredibly easy to get.

[quote name='alexxb']I am away from my PS3 at the moment. Can anyone tell me if the price is the same on PSN or if its still $60?[/QUOTE]

It was $40 like a week ago on there, I assume it's the same now.

yeah, i know a guy there...always helps me out. he did a return/rebuy since the holiday return period was until january 15th...

he even price adjusted far cry 3 for me when it hit $50 and hitman absolution as well, when it hit $40

[quote name='vickers500']The trophies are insanely easy to get. The only "long ones" are beating the campaign with each character, but each campaign only takes about 30 minutes per character to beat.

If you actually try for the trophies, you could get the platinum in about 3 to 4 days. Most of the trophies that sound hard are achievable in practice mode. The only actual hard trophy in the game is win an online match without dying, which is FAR easier to accomplish in a versus game mode, just stay back with one of the shooting characters like raiden and avoid enemies when they get close to you. It's actually pretty easy.

I'm glad the trophies are separate, because they're incredibly easy to get.[/QUOTE]

You make it sound so easy!

Here's why I wonder this... Retro City Rampage is a cross buy game and shows up on my trophy list as one game. Yes I can be bought separately but if you own both it's one list, and it has cross save too. That's why I assumed every cross buy game was like this.

Okay my fellow CAGs, this is what happened to me today. Like I said, I bought this at GameStop last week for $60. I went to GameStop today to trade in some games, pick up my Skylander preorder and to try to get a price match for this. When I first asked the clerk about price match, he told me "sorry" but he could not do it. As we were going through the transaction for the trade ins, I asked why didn't GameStop do price match if Best Buy and Walmart did it. The clerk told me that GameStop didnt like to do it because it causes them to lose money. So I merely stated "GameStop doesn't like to do it doesn't mean that they didn't do it." The clerk didn't answer me and continued with my trade in transaction. When I was finished, the clerk tells me "you know what, let me get the receipt and I'll do the markdown for you", and he returned $20 back to my debit card. So yes I would say this is EXTREMELY YMMV. I guess you just have to get the right clerk! Good luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Romeo']You make it sound so easy!

Here's why I wonder this... Retro City Rampage is a cross buy game and shows up on my trophy list as one game. Yes I can be bought separately but if you own both it's one list, and it has cross save too. That's why I assumed every cross buy game was like this.[/QUOTE]

I don't know much about the cross-save feature, because I only have the Vita version, but I do know that All Stars is by far the most easiest platinum I've ever got. I got 50% of the trophies within the first week of playing the game, and I wasn't even trying for them. I am by no means a trophy hunter, I have about 10 platinums (bought the ps3 on launch and have been playing ever since, so 10 in that time isn't really that much compared to others), give or take a few, I only try for platinums on games I really love, but getting all the trophies in all stars was the easiest and least time consuming platinums I've ever got.

And when the PS3 version of all stars reaches $20, I'll buy it and go for the platinum on that version. So if you're concerned about acquiring trophies on both versions, don't be, because I guarantee you it's far easier and quicker to get both All Stars plats than it is to get a single plat in most other games. You don't even have to beat the campaign on the hardest mode (3 modes, normal, medium, hard), you just have to beat it on medium one time.

Then there's a bunch of trophies for performing a level 3 super with an amount of characters on their respective stages (lvl3 super with big daddy on columbia level, lvl3 super with ratchet on metropolis, etc, and several other charcters), and ALL of those trophies can be done in practice mode, with an idle enemy that just stands there and doesn't fight back. You can make it go by even quicker by just pressing start and setting your super level to 3, so you can do it instantly without having to build it up.

If the trophies are what's holding you back, then stop worrying about it and buy the game now, you'll get double the trophies for a miniscule amount of time and work.

[quote name='Rosterking']Thanks for contributing to the thread. :)[/QUOTE]
No sir, thank YOU for contributing to the thread as well!

That being said I am going to buy this with my paycheck Thursday and I am extremely excited about this, is the game as easy as everyone says though?

I wish I had a $10 off coupon. Oh well I am sure the price will hit $30 sooner or later. I did enjoy the demo. Great buy if you have a Vita

Isn't this game supposed to be cross play? I got a d.load of this for free with my Vita bundle, but when i look at it it only mentions vita on it. Is there any way to play it on the PS3 and vita or are the d.load versions NOT cross play enabled?

Since you get a vita version, it doesn't come with a PS3 one. Only buying a PS3 version of anything that offers cross play will give you the vita version.

bread's done
Back