PlayStation Classic $75 + $25 Amazon Gift Card. @Amazon

Bigben7

CAGiversary!
https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Classic-Console/dp/B07HHVF2XG?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=cheapassgam08-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07HHVF2XG

Gift card doesn't show in cart, I chatted with a rep who stated it will be emailed after purchase.

Thomas:Thank you so much for waiting,
I have checked and the promo will be credited to you and I have reported it to the promotions team and they will add this to your account and will send you a email confirmation,
So no need to worry you will be credited the promo without any failure
Is that helpful for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else who contacted Amazon Chat get told they are getting a physical card with their Classic? I mean I don't care as long as I get it but still.

"09:12 AM PST JalalI checked and see that you are eligible for this promo.

You will receive this $25 Physical Gift card along with the PlayStation Classic Console.
09:13 AM PST JalalYou can redeem this after receiving this card into your Amazon account, 

Did anyone else who contacted Amazon Chat get told they are getting a physical card with their Classic? I mean I don't care as long as I get it but still.

"09:12 AM PST Jalal: I checked and see that you are eligible for this promo.

You will receive this $25 Physical Gift card along with the PlayStation Classic Console.
09:13 AM PST Jalal: You can redeem this after receiving this card into your Amazon account,
I've never seen Amazon just throw a physical gift card in the box with an item. It's either listed on the order as a separate item or sent digitally. I suspect those of us who ordered are going to have quite a struggle ahead trying to actually get the gift card.

Took 25 minutes and an emailed pic of  screenshot to get the giftcard applied. Was first denied as they insisted I should see the gift card listed as an item on the shipping confirmation. Once they saw the screenshot they agreed to give me the 25$ giftcard.  Funny thing is the CSR (who was clearly new) also adjusted my original order by giving me a $25 refund. Lucked out and got the PS classic for $50 plus a $25 gift card.

I was able to get same day shipping and there was no gift card in the box. Looks like I’m chatting with an Amazon CSR tomorrow.

I chatted with customer service and the rep said she saw the promo for the order but no gift card on my account. She then added a refund credit for $25 to my account.

When I got the email, she credited it for a different order I had placed 2 weeks ago.

Oh well, still got my $25

I chatted with a rep. She saw the 25$ promo but said it takes 7 days to get it. So looks like I'll probably have to call back next week.

Took 25 minutes and an emailed pic of screenshot to get the giftcard applied. Was first denied as they insisted I should see the gift card listed as an item on the shipping confirmation. Once they saw the screenshot they agreed to give me the 25$ giftcard. Funny thing is the CSR (who was clearly new) also adjusted my original order by giving me a $25 refund. Lucked out and got the PS classic for $50 plus a $25 gift card.
That might be about what the system is worth.

Ive got one. It really isn't that bad. Yes it has issues, like the game selection is definitely lacking, and for whatever reason they decided to use european releases for a fair amount of the games. 

However it is still a fun little device. Its made me play games I never got around to like Jumping Flash (which has also gotten a bit pricey and I Would never end up buying the disc).

So is it perfect at $100? No. Did the Nes and Ses classics do a much better job? Yes. Could you do this yourself with a raspberry pi and a wireless ps4 controller? Of course.

However, if you want to play some of these old PS1 games through HDMI legally and do not have a PS3 and or buy the discs yourself. Then it is a perfectly fine choice. Im happy with mine, I would have made changes if I was in charge of course, but I do not regret my pre-order at all.

Sony and its "limited" edition PS Classic turned out to be a must "get rid off" from store inventory as every reseller and even eBay sellers don't know what to do with this failure.

There's nothing "classic" about this box and its unplayable PAL games....lol

I'll be on the lookout to see if this goes lower.  I'm still up in the air on this though as I can get better games on the PS3 for less (fewer games).  The shell is good looking though.

Man I'm so glad I cancelled my pre order on this. Eventually I'll buy one as a hood ornament because at this point this seems to be about it's best use. Maybe at a thrift shop in about 5 months for $20.

Based on this thing's overwhelmingly negative reception, I expected it to have a pretty good sale shortly after launch, but effectively 50% off two weeks after release? 

Yikes, Sony... yikes!

"09:12 AM PST Jalal: I checked and see that you are eligible for this promo.

09:13 AM PST Jalal: You can redeem this after receiving this card into your Amazon account,
The lovely response that I got:

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received $25 gift card for purchasing PlayStation Classic Console. We certainly didn't expect this to happen.
I've reviewed with your order details, I see that you haven't placed an $25 gift card along with the item, hence the promotion wasn't applied on your order.
As per the promotion, you need to place an order for both the gift card and the item, so that at the checkout the gift card promotion would apply.
In this case, I'd recommend you to cancel the order and place an item as per the promotion terms and conditions in order to avail the promotion benefit.
It's certainly not our intention for our customer to have anything, but a pleasant experience at Amazon.com. I hope you'll understand our limitations.

The lovely response that I got:

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received $25 gift card for purchasing PlayStation Classic Console. We certainly didn't expect this to happen.
I've reviewed with your order details, I see that you haven't placed an $25 gift card along with the item, hence the promotion wasn't applied on your order.
As per the promotion, you need to place an order for both the gift card and the item, so that at the checkout the gift card promotion would apply.
In this case, I'd recommend you to cancel the order and place an item as per the promotion terms and conditions in order to avail the promotion benefit.
It's certainly not our intention for our customer to have anything, but a pleasant experience at Amazon.com. I hope you'll understand our limitations.
Nah. I tried the $25 gift card in cart approach and it didnt apply a discount.

Purchased it on Sunday, arrived today, didn't receive the gift card...

Now I am curious...contacting customer service.

Me too. It's bs. I said that in another email
Today

10:53 AM PST Nathaniel: Thank you, there you go! I've successfully request your gift card to your promo team, please have your patience to receive the email confirmation for manually apply of the gift card :) within 24 hours

Nah. I tried the $25 gift card in cart approach and it didnt apply a discount.
Me too. It's bs. I said that in another email
I made this on Dec 16th as proof of the deal, incase people needed
QaFGtP3.png

Today

10:53 AM PST Nathaniel: Thank you, there you go! I've successfully request your gift card to your promo team, please have your patience to receive the email confirmation for manually apply of the gift card :) within 24 hours
After my second email, I got a $25 promotional credit. Not necessarily as good as GC because it can only be used by things sold by Amazon (so no warehouse deals; but they are treated as a discount so I save on sales tax) but glad I finally got something.

After my second email, I got a $25 promotional credit.  Not necessarily as good as GC because it can only be used by things sold by Amazon (so no warehouse deals; but they are treated as a discount so I save on sales tax) but glad I finally got something.
I just got THIS email

----

Message From Customer Service Hello,

Thank you for being a Prime Member.

I can understand your concern regarding the issue you had with $25.00 gift card promotion not received on purchase of PlayStation Classic Console.

Please allow me to explain why this happened.

This offer is only applicable if both the items PlayStation Console and Gift card of $25.00 are purchased combined.

Below are the terms and condition for this promotion.

- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Gift Card must be added to Shopping Cart, and offer will be reflected at Checkout.
- Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire. For complete Gift Card Terms & Conditions, visit www.amazon.com/gc-legal.
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Offer good while supplies last.

I've checked and see that you have placed order for only single item as PlayStation Classic Console this is the reason $25.00 gift card offer was not applied.

​Rest assured, we are here to take care of issues you encounter and we always endeavor to provide the best service to our valued customers.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon.​
We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.
Best regards,
Ravi Amazon.com

-----

My question is, will I still be receiving the card or not?

This is why I price matched at Best Buy. I knew amazon was not going to honor the GC and it would be a hassle to get it.

This is why I price matched at Best Buy. I knew amazon was not going to honor the GC and it would be a hassle to get it.
Feel like it, I'm on the line with support.. again.

They claim as a one time deal, they'll give me $25 credit to my account.

Did an online chat with Amazon.  Like others, rep said he'd pass my info along to the promotions team and I'd hear back in 24hrs.  He did explicitly tell me however that "The team will definitely provide you with the amount/gift card" so I saved the convo in case I need to use that as ammo to pound them with.

Took trying with 4 different reps, but I finally got Best Buy to price match after checking out with the $25 gift card. 

I had a hard time with chat as well but was eventually able to get the gift card credit after sending a screenshot. Fortunately, I had taken several, anticipating this issue.

Damn, that's way too much hassle to get a GC for a shitty product. Your time is more valuable than that. Should've waited till these hit $25-30 max.

Got forwarded to 2 different people in chat before being told to email a screenshot to customer service (thank you so much Jiryn, you saved my ass here). However, they responded that the $25 was taken off the price, and there was no gift card. So I circled the promo on the screenshot and offered to zoom in if they couldn't see it, now they're saying I'll see the gift card balance within a week. LOL I thought this was going to be easy.

Got forwarded to 2 different people in chat before being told to email a screenshot to customer service (thank you so much Jiryn, you saved my ass here). However, they responded that the $25 was taken off the price, and there was no gift card. So I circled the promo on the screenshot and offered to zoom in if they couldn't see it, now they're saying I'll see the gift card balance within a week. LOL I thought this was going to be easy.
All that for a crap system. They should pay people to take it off their hands.

They told me I have to wait a week as well. What bs. Tomorrow will have been a week so I'll try again when it doesnt come.

The Target near me has a glass cabinet full of these damn things. For kids, it's the 2018 equivalent to a lump of coal. For adults, there are much better ways to access PS1 games.

BB had a whole wall of these in the middle of their store. Saw that WM has them for $70. I'll get one around $40 for collection purposes

I just chat with Bestbuy agent to do a price match on Amazon and he gave me $32.03 credit back to my card.

So, i got the system for $69.95 with $25 Gift Card.

bread's done
Back