Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Oh how I wish this was on Xbox. . .I may take up the offer to dump my physical copy of the first game and have one tidy package for the deluxe digitally. If it weren't for the fact my save is 100% complete for the first chapter I'd have considered waiting for the exclusivity to end and picked it up on Xbox instead 3 months later. I must admit though, my hype for this really isn't there. Even though I know there's a ton of content in this one, it does feel like they're just tacking on DLC to the main game piece meal. I personally just don't like disjointed games that become finished over time and prefer to have it all in one sitting.
For what it's worth, your save file and progress from FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE doesn't transfer over to FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH. They are being made as standalone games.

If it weren't for the fact my save is 100% complete for the first chapter I'd have considered waiting for the exclusivity to end and picked it up on Xbox instead 3 months later.
I really doubt Rebirth will be on Xbox 3 months after PS5. Maybe Epic Games Store if they get paid.

I really doubt Rebirth will be on Xbox 3 months after PS5. Maybe Epic Games Store if they get paid.
And Square wonders why they are struggling. They take Tim Sweeneys bribes which is a short term solution instead of building up an audience on the biggest gaming storefront in the world which is Steam.

I don't think an Xbox release would help much for a JRPG but Square is losing out on millions of sales by not launching games day 1 on Steam. The Kingdom Hearts games are still locked away on the EGS.

And Square wonders why they are struggling. They take Tim Sweeneys bribes which is a short term solution instead of building up an audience on the biggest gaming storefront in the world which is Steam.

I don't think an Xbox release would help much for a JRPG but Square is losing out on millions of sales by not launching games day 1 on Steam. The Kingdom Hearts games are still locked away on the EGS.
Square is in trouble because they have not released a Pixel Remaster version of Chrono Trigger.

Square is in trouble because they have not released a Pixel Remaster version of Chrono Trigger.
yes-slow-clap.gif

Now that the Steam port of Chrono Trigger has been patched and is actually really solid now, it's definitely odd they can't be bothered to port it to consoles.

I maintain that Square-Enix doesn't want my money.

For what it's worth, your save file and progress from FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE doesn't transfer over to FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH. They are being made as standalone games.
Woah, that is. . .weird. Huh, now I'm very curious about what will be at TGS then because this changes everything for me. I mean, it makes sense but at the same time doesn't. It's both liberating but also feels a bit cheap in that there's nothing to really show for putting in the time for 'disc 1'. Still, I think I like this approach more since it could be coming to Xbox next year.

You need your save file from the first game if you want to unlock two more Summon Materia. It's on the store page.

Those who own save data* from the following titles will be eligible to receive this special offer.
”FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE” (PS4 / PS5)
• Summon Materia: Leviathan
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE EPISODE INTERmission
• Summon Materia: Ramuh
*Save data must be saved on the PS5 console.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little off topic but after watching the Gran Turismo movie, I wanted to get back to playing GT7 on PS5 but really missed my Logitech Force GT wheel and found out Brooks makes the Ras1ution 2 adapter.  I just got it today and cant believe how well it works, GT7 is so much better with a wheel and saved hundreds of dollars.

A little off topic but after watching the Gran Turismo movie, I wanted to get back to playing GT7 on PS5 but really missed my Logitech Force GT wheel and found out Brooks makes the Ras1ution 2 adapter. I just got it today and cant believe how well it works, GT7 is so much better with a wheel and saved hundreds of dollars.
Yeah, I've been lucky enough to have been able to use Dell rewards and gift cards from work to get a nice wheel, stand, and upgraded the pedals. The game is so terrific once you have any of that stuff and it really makes it a fun game to learn and play.

In case anyone missed it, Marvel's Avengers is on its final sale ($3.99) and will be delisted on September 30th:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01631_00-0662491250602628

I'm tempted to pick it up just to play as Spider-Man, since even though I'm not a Marvel fan in the slightest, I just love Spider-Man lol it might make for a nice prelude to Spider-Man 2 for me. Can anyone recommend or does this deserve to be forgotten?
It says I own another version. But I can't figure out what that means. Is there an easy way to figure out what I've already purchased?

In case anyone missed it, Marvel's Avengers is on its final sale ($3.99) and will be delisted on September 30th:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA01631_00-0662491250602628

I'm tempted to pick it up just to play as Spider-Man, since even though I'm not a Marvel fan in the slightest, I just love Spider-Man lol it might make for a nice prelude to Spider-Man 2 for me. Can anyone recommend or does this deserve to be forgotten?
I played it on Game Pass and enjoyed it. Worth at least $4 IMO.

For $4, I bought the game because I didn't want to have any regrets later on. I don't even know when or if I might play it since I don't have the hard drive space for it. But missing games out on games that might be de-listed when I have the chance to buy them will mess with my OCD. So, I just said what the hell and went for it.

You need your save file from the first game if you want to unlock two more Summon Materia. It's on the store page.

Those who own save data* from the following titles will be eligible to receive this special offer.
Leviathan could be awesome. Not sure about ramuh given that the only time it was useful was pre patch ff15 danger mode iirc.

It says I own another version. But I can't figure out what that means. Is there an easy way to figure out what I've already purchased?
In some cases there should be a... to click on to see more versions which will show the purchased one I think. Occasionally you have to scroll down the page to find them.

Think Sony will give in at some point and update the PlayStation Portal to have regular Bluetooth?

To me that is not a good sign when you put the device exclusive on your website to preorder and it is still available. I am sure there are plenty of others out there like me that will not order this device until regular Bluetooth is added / updated to it. 

Then add the group that believe this is just a waste of a device as it very limited (which it is but does serve a purpose in my case) and then they alienate that group to try and force you to buy their proprietary earbuds. So I just wait and see. Thank you Sony.

Think Sony will give in at some point and update the PlayStation remote to have regular Bluetooth?

To me that is not a good sign when you put the device exclusive on your website to preorder and it is still available. I am sure there are plenty of others out there like me that will not order this device until regular Bluetooth is added / updated to it.

Then add the group that believe this is just a waste of a device as it very limited (which it is but does serve a purpose in my case) and then they alienate that group to try and force you to buy their proprietary earbuds. So I just wait and see. Thank you Sony.
Speaking of Bluetooth and wireless earbuds, you can't just use regular ones with PS4/5? I bought some Skullcandy earbuds a few months ago for downtime at work and it would be nice to be able to use them while gaming instead of using wired headphones.

I know wireless headphones are a thing but then I gotta find something compatible with all of my devices.

Never got around to Intermission so that's a wash. Guessing these are just 'early access' summons to have from the start which might be useful, but probably are just unlocked later. Good to know, but doesn't make a huge difference IMO.

Never got around to Intermission so that's a wash. Guessing these are just 'early access' summons to have from the start which might be useful, but probably are just unlocked later. Good to know, but doesn't make a huge difference IMO.
They didn't really make them unlockable the DLC summons. They more so made them free a year after release.

They didn't really make them unlockable the DLC summons. They more so made them free a year after release.
They also never made them free for the PS4 version, only Intergrade. To this day, the Chocobo Chick summon for the PS4 version is a pre-order exclusive.

However, Intergrade's pre-order exclusive is available for purchase. For a whopping $10 :bouncy:

For $4, I bought the game because I didn't want to have any regrets later on. I don't even know when or if I might play it since I don't have the hard drive space for it. But missing games out on games that might be de-listed when I have the chance to buy them will mess with my OCD. So, I just said what the hell and went for it.
the ps4 version is $5 used at gamestop. Might just use my $5 certificate for that. Imagine price may go up once it’s delisted.

Think Sony will give in at some point and update the PlayStation Portal to have regular Bluetooth?

The Playstation Portal is definitely a curious thing design-wise. The audience is definitely there for a local streaming device, plenty of folks used the Vita for remote play and still do. I'm sure they also have user stats for how many people use remote play apps on PC, phones, etc since it requires being logged into PSN and also registering your personal console directly.

I got a deal on a Logitech G Cloud and it's probably tied 50 / 50 for Xbox and PS5 if I'm playing on the TV or streaming to the handheld (which, for Playstation, requires a $5 third party app which is totally worth it). Phones with adapters are fine, but the G Cloud is like a Switch with better ergonomics, a nicer screen (than the non-OLED anyway), a 10 hour battery life, and can do Xbox / PS4-PS5 / Steam Link / Moonlight / xCloud / Nvidia. It's Android based so it also runs plenty of emulators, has microSD storage, and can function like a tablet if you really want to browse the web or listen to music over bluetooth.

I did the majority of my New Game Plus for FF16 on the G Cloud and also primarily how I'm playing Sea of Stars. I love it. I've always preferred RPGs to be portable, and this option makes it possible to play consoles in bed, on the porch, or while my wife catches up on SVU. I paid $200 on ebay and have no regrets.

All of that is to say - there's definitely a market for a device like the PS Portal, but it's so limited in what it can do that I don't imagine it'll appeal to anyone but Sony diehards. I assume they don't want any risk of it being hacked like the Vita / PSTV, so no Android, no storage, useless without wifi and a PS5. Not even streaming for the Premium PS3 cloud games. So many odd choices.

There is a $5 app to let regular controls for PS5 remote play on the G Cloud? The touch screen controls were a deal breaker for me but yeah that screen looks very nice (and bright) and it felt great in my hand when I tried a few Xbox cloud games.

What is the name of that app because hello G-Cloud if the buttons map correctly for PS remote play :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

The $5 app is necessary to use the g cloud controls with ps5 right? Need anything like that for the xbox?
There is a $5 app to let regular controls for PS5 remote play on the G Cloud? The touch screen controls were a deal breaker for me but yeah that screen looks very nice (and bright) and it felt great in my hand when I tried a few Xbox cloud games.

What is the name of that app because hello G-Cloud if the buttons map correctly for PS remote play :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
The Playstation app is called PSPlay and lets you remote connect to both PS4 and PS5. The official Sony app won't recognize controls unless you're using a PS controller, but the third party app circumvents this. The only problem to me is games that rely heavily on touchpad gestures, but this can be emulated on the touchscreen. I make the 'Select button' equivalent (where the Share button is on the Dualsense) the touchpad button press and it works great for 90% of games.

Not my video but this kind rando on Youtube shows it off nicely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIhWQx3mDHg

At one point, I had my PS4 on standby plugged in next to the router over ethernet without a TV just for streaming. It's that good.

The official Xbox app does stream remotely, but it caps at 720p and feels less responsive. XBXPlay (same developer, $5 also) is significantly better and can stream at 1080p. You can also tinker with the bitrate and bandwidth use to try and optimize your connection. Also, the third party app lets you remote stream any game or app, including 360 games, which the official app doesn't support for some silly reason.

If you have GPU, cloud gaming through the Game Pass app (don't use the Xbox Cloud app, it's worse) tends to work really well too. G Cloud supports Wifi 6 although my router refuses to broadcast on that channel despite advertising it does.

Throw in a ton of emulator support (Duckstation, PPSSPP, it even runs most PS2 games beautifully) and it's a killer device. It's a very specific use case and doesn't "just work" out of the box so I think marketing it has been difficult. Many of the used listings on FB, ebay, Mercari say things like "this was a gift and I can't really figure out how to use it."

I did the majority of my New Game Plus for FF16 on the G Cloud and also primarily how I'm playing Sea of Stars. I love it. I've always preferred RPGs to be portable, and this option makes it possible to play consoles in bed, on the porch, or while my wife catches up on SVU. I paid $200 on ebay and have no regrets.
I'm playing Sea of Stars and I wish it came out for the Vita. It definitely feels like I should be playing it on a handheld.

There a better price competitive android handhelds than the G Cloud; it's about $100-$150 overpriced based on performance.

You can get an AYN ODIN for a similar form factor or a Retroid Pocket 3+ for a smaller form factor and get the same streaming capabilities.

There a better price competitive android handhelds than the G Cloud; it's about $100-$150 overpriced based on performance.

You can get an AYN ODIN for a similar form factor or a Retroid Pocket 3+ for a smaller form factor and get the same streaming capabilities.
I agree re: MSRP, $350 is insanity. Easy to find cheaper though, and it's got the largest, nicest screen out of all of them along with IMHO a superior build quality. The G Cloud is definitely overpriced but it's way better build quality than the Retroid line. The Odin Pro is in the $300 range and I'd pick the G Cloud for the bigger screen assuming it's $250 or less.

I agree re: MSRP, $350 is insanity. Easy to find cheaper though, and it's got the largest, nicest screen out of all of them along with IMHO a superior build quality. The G Cloud is definitely overpriced but it's way better build quality than the Retroid line. The Odin Pro is in the $300 range and I'd pick the G Cloud for the bigger screen assuming it's $250 or less.
I'll get a G Cloud when it goes on sale for $199 or less, IMO.

While these are by far the superior console titles, it surprises me that they didn’t go further and grab the Sega arcade one, since they licensed from Sega and… whatever conglomerate owns Jurassic Park, I don’t remember. That’s easily the best Jurassic Park game.
I'm just disappointed that Warpath or Trespasser aren't included. :-({|=

Yeah, I'm playing on the PS5.
If you're looking for a cheaper option or proof of concept, I used this for awhile before taking the plunge on the G Cloud:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/mobile-gaming/gamesir-x2-pro-mobile

Assuming you have an Android phone, anyway. There are tons of controller adapters now and this is the best one I've used. Powered through USB-C so no real input lag and no batteries to charge.

There also plenty of cheap used Pixel XL models if you wanted a dedicated device for it, which has the benefit of being able to upgrade the phone without losing the controller. The Backbone controllers have a really good reputation and also have better pass-through charging (and a 3.5mm jack). Smaller screens are fine for turn-based RPGs, casual games, etc but most console games aren't designed for them and it gets very cramped. Same complaint with the Switch Lite - no scaling for smaller screens and some games have tiny fonts.

PS Plus Extra and Premium games should be up for September:

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  • Call of the Sea
  • Civilization 6
  • Cloudpunk
  • Contra: Rogue Corps
  • NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
  • PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls
  • Planet Coaster: Console Edition
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
  • Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  • Star Ocean: The Divine Force
  • Tails Noir
  • This War of Mine: Final Cut
  • Unpacking
  • West of Dead

• Dragon's Crown Pro (Premium)
  • Star Ocean First Departure R (Premium)
  • Star Ocean: The Last Hope - 4K & FHD Remaster (Premium)
  • Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (Premium)

I figure I'd fish for a couple of opinions from the peanut gallery regarding this.  With the Avengers game being delisted & up for only $4 would it be worth a pick up if all I want to do is play as the Hulk & only the Hulk?

Side note I wish Ultimate Destruction got a sequal even though it kind of did in Prototype lol.

I figure I'd fish for a couple of opinions from the peanut gallery regarding this. With the Avengers game being delisted & up for only $4 would it be worth a pick up if all I want to do is play as the Hulk & only the Hulk?

Side note I wish Ultimate Destruction got a sequal even though it kind of did in Prototype lol.
Honestly, I didn't care for playing with Hulk in Avengers, but there were a few characters that felt "wrong" when using them. Might have just been my personal experience though.

I figure I'd fish for a couple of opinions from the peanut gallery regarding this. With the Avengers game being delisted & up for only $4 would it be worth a pick up if all I want to do is play as the Hulk & only the Hulk?

You only want it for Hulk, I only want it for Spider-Man lol

From what I've seen, you can't even play Spider-Man in the story mode since he was added to the game so much later, so I may skip getting this. I heard Hulk didn't play great in this game, but if you just want to get your Hulk Smash on, $4 is nothing.

bread's done
Back