Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
PS5 games are $10 more than the same PS4 game a free update to the PS5 version. Why would I pay $10 more for the exact same game when it has a free version? Are there any differences? Is the PS5 game file smaller?
Any examples? Every game I know of that has a free PS5 upgrade launched at equal prices on both platforms. ($60 or less). No $70 games have a PS4 to PS5 upgrade. Your post makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any examples? Every game I know of that has a free PS5 upgrade launched at $60 or lower on both platforms. No $70 games have a PS4 to PS5 upgrade. Your question makes no sense.
I remember seeing some at launch. There is a Miles Morales Edition that is more expensive but it comes with the remastered PlayStation 4 game so that is incentive to spend more money. Horizon zero Dawn forbidden West will have a free PS 5 upgrade which means that Sony will be charging $59.99 for the both PS5 and PS4. I thought I read that PS5 games were mostly going to be $69.99 so it's good that Sony is still keeping the $59.99 price point

I remember seeing some at launch. There is a Miles Morales Edition that is more expensive but it comes with the remastered PlayStation 4 game so that is incentive to spend more money. Horizon zero Dawn forbidden West will have a free PS 5 upgrade which means that Sony will be charging $59.99 for the both PS5 and PS4. I thought I read that PS5 games were mostly going to be $69.99 so it's good that Sony is still keeping the $59.99 price point
Well your memory is mistaken. That situation has not happened. The Miles Morales Ultimate edition is exclusive to PS5. The standard Miles Morales is $50 on both platforms. So what was the point of your original post?

Well your memory is mistaken. That situation has not happened. The Miles Morales Ultimate edition is exclusive to PS5. The standard Miles Morales is $50 on both platforms. So what was the point of your original post?
More like confused. I found the article. Some games will get a free upgrade. Others will have to pay $10. Some won't have any upgrade at all and yet others need to buy special editions of games like the Mamba forever edition of 2K21 for $99.99. Confusing for sure. I can see that you are trying to get into an argument. It won't work.

More like confused. I found the article. Some games will get a free upgrade. Others will have to pay $10. Some won't have any upgrade at all and yet others need to buy special editions of games like the Mamba forever edition of 2K21 for $99.99. Confusing for sure. I can see that you are trying to get into an argument. It won't work.
The only game I know of that will charge a $10 is Tony Hawk and that's only for the digital edition (which is strange). That game isn't even out yet on next gen though. Plus the MSRP is only $50 on PS5. The NBA 2K21 mamba edition is $99 on both platforms so that wont work for you. Your original post was implying that all PS5 games that had an upgrade was $10 more. So what was the point of buying that native version when the PS4 version would be cheaper & have a free upgrade. Which is just not the case at all. You were complaining for no reason.

I really enjoyed playing it on the switch. I did want that physical Arwing though.
Yeah I'll just play the the Star Fox campaign on switch, but I want to play the full Starlink story on PS4. I've watch comparison vids and the graphics & performance are much better on PS4. That Arwing is pretty cool though.

Just a heads up that this is stackable, not just for the first month. You can go back and extend your membership 1 month at a time for $4.99.
That's fine for a few months, but the ~$40 for a year deal that happens a few times a year is better for a long term extension.

Any examples? Every game I know of that has a free PS5 upgrade launched at equal prices on both platforms. ($60 or less). No $70 games have a PS4 to PS5 upgrade. Your post makes no sense.
Immortals was like that. PS5 was $70, PS4 was $60. It had a free upgrade. Might have changed shortly after, but when it was up for preorder on Amazon and Best Buy it was priced like that. I guess they figured that out because I haven't really seen it since. RE8 is $60 for either, for example.

Immortals was like that. PS5 was $70, PS4 was $60. It had a free upgrade. Might have changed shortly after, but when it was up for preorder on Amazon and Best Buy it was priced like that. I guess they figured that out because I haven't really seen it since. RE8 is $60 for either, for example.
Immortals launched at $60 on all consoles. It was $59.99 (PS5) when I preordered it from Amazon in November 2020.

Immortals launched at $60 on all consoles. It was $59.99 (PS5) when I preordered it from Amazon in November 2020.
Yeah PS5 version was $60, got it at Best Buy at launch

I also am not able to update Control to the PS5 version. I downloaded it last month from PlayStation Plus on my PS4 and I got my PS5 a couple of days ago. When I went to download the game, I click on the 3 dots but I only see view product, unfollow and health. When I click on view product and I go to the three lines I do see Control for PS4 but there's no way for me to see the PS5 Edition. My only option is to buy the Ultimate Edition. So yeah, Sony was not very clear at all about that. They simply installed the regular edition with the DLC so the game does not recognize it as the Ultimate Edition meaning no free PS5 upgrade.

That's how it is for me anyway. Did I do something wrong? Sony did state that the PS4 Ultimate Edition would get a free PS5 upgrade and I definitely have the PS+ Control from last month with the DLC so not sure what is going on.

U can upgrade your Tony hawk ps5 disc to ps5 for free when it comes out right? At least for PlayStation I heard not for Xbox correct?

I also am not able to update Control to the PS5 version. I downloaded it last month from PlayStation Plus on my PS4 and I got my PS5 a couple of days ago. When I went to download the game, I click on the 3 dots but I only see view product, unfollow and health. When I click on view product and I go to the three lines I do see Control for PS4 but there's no way for me to see the PS5 Edition. My only option is to buy the Ultimate Edition. So yeah, Sony was not very clear at all about that. They simply installed the regular edition with the DLC so the game does not recognize it as the Ultimate Edition meaning no free PS5 upgrade.

That's how it is for me anyway. Did I do something wrong? Sony did state that the PS4 Ultimate Edition would get a free PS5 upgrade and I definitely have the PS+ Control from last month with the DLC so not sure what is going on.
I'd assume it can't be upgraded for free for the plus version like ff7r was.

Ah I get what happened now according to a post on reddit. You had to claim the ps5 version last month which was free but separate from the ps4 version and could only be visible on the app/website or ps5. Well that sucks for us.

I have both Control for the PS4 and Control Ultimate Edition for the PS5 in my game library. Did you only redeem one version when it was free for PS+? Or do you have the ultimate edition in your library and you can download that instead?

I believe you needed to claim the PS5 version from the web store or app to have it available in the library for download.

I also just got a PS5 two weeks ago but I've been adding all the PS5 PS+ games to my library via the app since launch.

I claimed both versions and they are both in my library.

Yeah PS5 version was $60, got it at Best Buy at launch
Well, like I said I wasn't sure if it changed since then. But it was a thing in the earlier preorder period.

I ended up preordering it for the Series X so didn't really check back on it, but was waffling between that and the PS5 version and noticed that difference early on at least on Best Buy and Amazon. They needed to sort that out, it was ridiculous to charge more for just having the PS5 logo on the box (and not having the ability to also play on a PS4). Sounds like they did, thanks for the correction.

Demon’s Souls remake worth the full price? Been wanting it but I don’t see it going on sale for a while.
If you are a fan of the series yes. I just picked it up on ebay used for $44.99 and played through the tutorial and the first boss the other day and it looks amazing and plays well. You can probably find one for cheap on the secondary market.

I bought Sackboy as well used for $34.99 on gamefly for PS4 and upgraded my copy on PS5.

I'd assume it can't be upgraded for free for the plus version like ff7r was.

Ah I get what happened now according to a post on reddit. You had to claim the ps5 version last month which was free but separate from the ps4 version and could only be visible on the app/website or ps5. Well that sucks for us.

I have both Control for the PS4 and Control Ultimate Edition for the PS5 in my game library. Did you only redeem one version when it was free for PS+? Or do you have the ultimate edition in your library and you can download that instead?

I believe you needed to claim the PS5 version from the web store or app to have it available in the library for download.

I also just got a PS5 two weeks ago but I've been adding all the PS5 PS+ games to my library via the app since launch.

I claimed both versions and they are both in my library.
I did not know I could claim the PS5 version on a PS4. Plus, the wording simply states the PS4 version of Control Ultimate will get a free PS5 upgrade. Meaning the version I downloaded should get the upgrade since I downloaded the PS4 version. I wonder if it's even worth calling up Sony over. I did some more research and found out a lot of people are having the same issue as me. Sony never told us that we need to download the PS5 version. Again, simply that the PS4 version got the free upgrade. Had I been instructed to download the PS5 version on my PS4, I would have.

I did not know I could claim the PS5 version on a PS4. Plus, the wording simply states the PS4 version of Control Ultimate will get a free PS5 upgrade. Meaning the version I downloaded should get the upgrade since I downloaded the PS4 version. I wonder if it's even worth calling up Sony over. I did some more research and found out a lot of people are having the same issue as me. Sony never told us that we need to download the PS5 version. Again, simply that the PS4 version got the free upgrade. Had I been instructed to download the PS5 version on my PS4, I would have.
The PS5 upgrade is basically the game running at a higher frame rate, not the actual PS5 version which is only contained in the Ultimate Edition. Confusing I know, but you would have needed to claim the game when it was free or actually purchase it again.

Sony won't do anything by the way lol

is the spiderman dlc worth $10? I haven't started playing spiderman yet so i have no opinion of the game but am tempted to get the dlc since it's on sale.

The PS5 upgrade is basically the game running at a higher frame rate, not the actual PS5 version which is only contained in the Ultimate Edition. Confusing I know, but you would have needed to claim the game when it was free or actually purchase it again.

Sony won't do anything by the way lol
I understand that now but last month, I did not know any of this and Sony simply stated the PS4 Ultimate Edition will get a free PS5 upgrade. Since I downloaded the PS4 Ultimate edition, I figured I would get the free upgrade because that's what Sony had everyone believe. I also heard the graphics are improved with Ray Tracing in place. Again, Sony stated that ONLY the PS4 Control Ultimate Edition would get the free PS5 upgrade. I downloaded the Ultimate Edition last month on PS+ so that is obviously not true.

I understand that now but last month, I did not know any of this and Sony simply stated the PS4 Ultimate Edition will get a free PS5 upgrade. Since I downloaded the PS4 Ultimate edition, I figured I would get the free upgrade because that's what Sony had everyone believe. I also heard the graphics are improved with Ray Tracing in place. Again, Sony stated that ONLY the PS4 Control Ultimate Edition would get the free PS5 upgrade. I downloaded the Ultimate Edition last month on PS+ so that is obviously not true.
If you downloaded the PS4 version, you should also have the PS5 version in your library if I am not mistaken. I know I do. If that is the case, call Sony and ask them why you don't.

is the spiderman dlc worth $10? I haven't started playing spiderman yet so i have no opinion of the game but am tempted to get the dlc since it's on sale.
I would also say yes. If you end up liking Spiderman then you will also like the DLC.

What I want to clarify here is that even though I didn't own a PS5 until two weeks ago I was able to add any PS5 PS Plus game to my library via the PlayStation app on my phone or using the web store since launch. You cannot add PS5 games to your library using a PS4.

But I do remember adding both version to my library using the phone app.

I seems "strange" that Life is Strange: Before the Storm isn't part of the "Prequels and Sequels" sale, but Life is Strange 2 is.

See what I did there.

So you’re saying it should have been prequels OR sequels then
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I want to clarify here is that even though I didn't own a PS5 until two weeks ago I was able to add any PS5 PS Plus game to my library via the PlayStation app on my phone or using the web store since launch. You cannot add PS5 games to your library using a PS4.

But I do remember adding both version to my library using the phone app.
Today was the first time I read about having to use the app. I will from now on but the wording clearly states that Control Ultimate edition for PS4 will get a free PS5 upgrade and I downloaded the PS4 version of Control Ultimate that was on PS+last month.

Eh, loved the game but the DLC felt really underbaked in a way that it wasn't fun coming back to when it first came out. I could see it being fun if you treat it like a side quest alongside the campaign, but don't expect it to feel like an expansion as much as it does just a few more fights and stealth bits

bread's done
Back