Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Sadly After Burner: Climax was delisted.

I am thinking of getting the follow games that are digital only

inFAMOUS Festival of Blood
House of the Dead III and IV
Trash Panic
datura
detuned
Linger in Shadows
LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Savage Moon
ELEVATOR ACTION DELUXE
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
I liked the light gun games.

Report: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To Be Permanently Closed In A Few Months

https://www.thegamer.com/ps3-vita-psp-stores-permanently-closed/

The PS3, PS Vita, and PlayStation Portable stores aren’t long for this world. According to a source familiar with the situation (verified by TheGamer), the stores are due to be closed down from July. The announcement is planned for the end of this month.

PSP’s and PS3’s stores are to be closed on July 2, while the PS Vita store will stay open until August 27. After those dates, you will no longer be able to purchase digital copies of games or DLC for any of the Sony consoles mentioned above.
One of the main reasons I buy the games physical & Buy games digital on PC(Especially when we can get some of them DRM-free & The digital-stores to buy PC games from isn't getting shut down like how it is for consoles even if that does happen there will be other digital-stores that'll still be open along with ways of these games being preserved, Emulation/Emulated especially for games that were played on consoles/portable-handhelds, Shows up as abandoned-ware games, etc)

Far as buying digital versions of console games goes I like to keep that at the very minimum to none as possible.

Either way upsides/downsides of Physical & Digital that'll always be there no matter what especially the Physical vs Digital discussion/debates etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would advise being very careful about going on a spending spree to avoid an illusory loss. Owning a game doesn't mean you're going to play it, and the vast majority of games on PS3/PSP/Vita are just less refined, graphically inferior versions of stuff we have access to easily today. Classics that stand the test of time are usually remastered and re-released with very few exceptions, and there's always emulation for what falls through the cracks. Think long and hard about what you'll actually get around to sinking the time into playing. Wanting to preserve opportunities to play things is understandable, but ultimately misguided if it's an opportunity you're spending money on that you'll never actually utilize.

That was a hard lesson for me to learn... For one, I obtained over 1000 games on steam in the last 10 years and maybe 100 of them are ones I should've bought. Not to say there's no one that going on a spending spree before the stores shut down doesn't make sense for, just make sure that applies to you. Don't let FOMO dictate your actions.

Paying the cash for a game is only part of the process of consuming it. The other costs are time and patience and those are steeper the older you get.

One of the main reasons I buy the games physical & Buy games digital on PC(Especially when we can get some of them DRM-free & The digital-stores to buy PC games from isn't getting shut down like how it is for consoles even if that does happen there will be other digital-stores that'll still be open along with ways of these games being preserved, Emulation/Emulated especially for games that were played on consoles, Shows up as abandoned-ware games, etc)

Far as buying digital versions of console games goes I like to keep that to the very minimum to none as possible.

Either way upsides/downsides of Physical & Digital that'll always be there no matter what especially the Physical vs Digital discussion/debates etc.
There's a PSP store?! God, where the heck did I put mine?

A lot of people are gonna look to the high seas again... and I'm not talking about Assassin's Creed IV.
Well, I would think they'd be looking high into the sky with all the wonky boat mechanics the brand consistently seems to have from all the Highlight reel glitches I see almost weekly from any AC game that has one.

Watch Dogs: Legions will be $20 in the sale that starts tomorrow as part of that free weekend announcement. I'm guessing it's the Deal of the Week.

PlayStation: From March 24 – 31, 67 percent off of the Standard edition, 60 percent off of the Ultimate edition, and 25 percent off of the season pass.

These are compiled together on a Japan region PS3 physical version called "Biohazard Chronicles HD Selection".
Correct, but it is not full English but I probably could manage.

More digital exclusive PS3 games:

Legasista

Battle Princess of Arcadias

PS3 and PSP emulation has matured enough to where if you wanted you could still experience those games at some point in the future and development is still ongoing to improve compatibility. My biggest worry is for those Vita games for which we don't yet have great emulation support yet. I wonder if this news drives more urgency in developing good emulation of the VITA for preservation purposes. One title that comes to mind is Uncharted Golden Abyss which is unlikely to be remastered as it uses a lot of the Vita's gimmicky touchscreen controls.  

PS3 and PSP emulation has matured enough to where if you wanted you could still experience those games at some point in the future and development is still ongoing to improve compatibility. My biggest worry is for those Vita games for which we don't yet have great emulation support yet. I wonder if this news drives more urgency in developing good emulation of the VITA for preservation purposes. One title that comes to mind is Uncharted Golden Abyss which is unlikely to be remastered as it uses a lot of the Vita's gimmicky touchscreen controls.
I never played Golden Abyss but can't you replicate that on the PS4 and PS5 touchpad?

PS3 and PSP emulation has matured enough
PSP, yes. PS3, not so much. It's coming along well, but it’s in no way ready to replace a working PS3 yet. If you still have one, you'd be better off modding your PS3.

I never played Golden Abyss but can't you replicate that on the PS4 and PS5 touchpad?
I've never played Golden Abyss, either, but having played some Vita games that make mild use of the touchscreen on a VitaTV, no. People tend to treat touch gaming as gimmicky, but the DS4/DS5 touchpads make the Vita's touch sensors look like a dedicated fightstick in comparison.

Golden Abyss was an excellent game which I’m very surprised has not been brought to consoles. Definitely a worthy prequel!

Next gen Pinball FX:  None of your old purchases carry forward, you have to rebuy everything.  Oof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azXRN_Bqcmc

That's how it was from PS3 -> PS4, so no one should be surprised.
You could import most of everything from 360 to Xbox One, with a bit of trickery. Switch users are probably feeling a little burnt, since nothing carries over from Switch FX3.

Having said that, I don't expect free upgrades - licensing and developer work isn't free.

I’ve spent too much on pinball FX to adopt a new platform where tables aren’t carried over. I’m fine with pinball fx3.

That's how it was from PS3 -> PS4, so no one should be surprised.
You could transfer tables from FX2 -> FX3. Most of my tables were from FX2 on PS3/vita and imported to FX3, which is played on my PS4. So, yeah, a bit surprised, unless they ditch all previous tables and start from scratch.

You could transfer tables from FX2 -> FX3. Most of my tables were from FX2 on PS3/vita and imported to FX3, which is played on my PS4. So, yeah, a bit surprised, unless they ditch all previous tables and start from scratch.
I swore there were a bunch of tables that didn't transfer, but it's been 6-7 years since.

I might be mixing up the licenses expiring in 2018 with some of the import issues.

Did they just add the Wishlist back to the PlayStation store, or have I just not been paying attention? It's nice that they added it back to give some sense of order.

Did they just add the Wishlist back to the PlayStation store, or have I just not been paying attention? It's nice that they added it back to give some sense of order.
It's nice that they added it back, but I'm never gonna remember most of what I originally had in mine.

I swore there were a bunch of tables that didn't transfer, but it's been 6-7 years since.

I might be mixing up the licenses expiring in 2018 with some of the import issues.
There were quite a few tables that weren’t available on FX3, so you couldn’t import them. I think the South Park tables might have been a part of that. But yeah, licensing.

Interesting. Not only did they re-add the wishlish to the webstore, but it's the exact same wishlist that's used on the PS5 console. Now I can add games to it from the webstore that don't show up in a PS5 store search.

PSP, yes. PS3, not so much. It's coming along well, but it’s in no way ready to replace a working PS3 yet. If you still have one, you'd be better off modding your PS3.

I've never played Golden Abyss, either, but having played some Vita games that make mild use of the touchscreen on a VitaTV, no. People tend to treat touch gaming as gimmicky, but the DS4/DS5 touchpads make the Vita's touch sensors look like a dedicated fightstick in comparison.
PS3 emulation has made a lot of progress and with the lack of backwards compatibility there should be continued work to improve compatibility with more games with time. Look at how far PSP emulation has come. My main point/worry was the lack of progress in VITA emulation so far and the work that still needs to occur to preserve those games. Maybe the 3DS emulation teams can work on VITA?

Having said that, I don't expect free upgrades - licensing and developer work isn't free.
Which could easily be remedied by charging for the base game instead of the free client model a la FX2 VR. Licensing would just prevent certain tables from coming over from previous versions altogether (as it always has), though you could always just renegotiate and release new full price tables to justify the cost.

I'd be more angry about not having tables being carried over to the new pinball FX platform, but I'm too busy being utterly mystified as to how those two people that host that show managed to get thier jobs.

I wonder why the xbox doesn't have the option to preload watch dogs
The Xbox app lets you install any game you want actually, even if you don't own it. Comes in handy if you know something is going to have a free weekend, going to Game Pass or you are waiting for a physical copy in the mail.

If Sony wanted they could try to remaster it but it is unlikely to happen
They could get BluePoint to do a full remake to get around having to simulate the PSV features.

They could get BluePoint to do a full remake to get around having to simulate the PSV features.
If they were going to do something to get the game on PS4 it would have been for the nathan drake collection in my opinion. I don't see Sony spending resources doing a full remake of the game, it wasn't THAT good.

Next gen Pinball FX: None of your old purchases carry forward, you have to rebuy everything. Oof.
I'm sorry but there is no way in hell I am investing any money into the new platform if tables don't import.

I have now with one of the recent sales on the Williams table bundle 90 of 99 tables on FX3 on PS4 and I'm not buying these again. I've been able to import all my tables from FX->FX2->FX3 on PlayStation and on Xbox minus a few here and there because of licensing.

I started with Xbox and moved to PlayStation because of cross buy between PS3/Vita/PS4

I understand why importing might not be possible but I can just play FX3 on my PS4 or PS5 I don't need a next gen version.

I would consider purchasing a physical copy in the future if they can put something out.
I bought the Star Wars Pinball package for Switch.

I've played every Nathan Drake game. I've shot so many dudes in the face to get treasure it boggles the mind.
After playing them all I went back to the first one. It's a solid game but it's hard to go back to after getting used to all the subsequent improvements. One day I will buy that story DLC for 4 with the two chicks.

Also the difficulty spikes are annoying, but that's always been an issue for the Drake series.

If you haven’t done so, be sure to keep an eye out for an email from PlayStation with a 20% off code good through March 29. Subject of the email was "Discount code for [Gamertag]: 20% off at PlayStation Store". It came into my inbox at 4:04 PM ET on March 25. The email says...

Here’s 20% off – just for you

Had your eye on a new game, [Gamertag]? Fancy extending your favourite titles with some add-on content?

Well now’s definitely the time to buy on PlayStation Store – here’s a code for 20% off.

Simply head to PlayStation™Store, load up your cart and enter your code at the checkout before you pay. Your exclusive discount will be applied across all games and add-ons in your cart.

This code can only be used once, and it expires at 23:59 on March 29, so don’t delay.

Discount code is one-time use, while supplies last. Code is valid beginning 3/24 10AM PT until 3/29 11:59PM PT on PlayStation Store (store.playstation.com).

Offer is good for 20% off all qualifying products in cart; offer excludes pre-order products, subscription services, and video rentals, and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Not redeemable on any other PlayStation store. Limit one discount per transaction. Code is not considered redeemed until checkout is complete.”

Too bad pre-orders don’t qualify. I would have considered pre-ordering the new Ratchet & Clank with the discount, but will still hold off for a sale. Now to figure out what’s worth using my coupon on...

EDIT:  Added full text from email

Can you give the subject of the email? I doubt I'll get it but the last one I received was from a day ago ** N.E.W. ** Discover what's happening at PlayStation - OPEN to see the week's latest releases with no code.

Edit: Thanks for the edit!

Oh good, another PlayStation email I won't get despite verifying at least 5 times that my account is configured to receive said emails.

Can you give the subject of the email? I doubt I'll get it but the last one I received was from a day ago ** N.E.W. ** Discover what's happening at PlayStation - OPEN to see the week's latest releases with no code.
I have added the subject and body of the email to my original post above, but the subject of the email is:

"Discount code for [Gamertag]: 20% off at PlayStation Store". It came into my inbox at 4:04 PM ET on March 25

So I guess the Play at Home titles that were supposed to be added today still aren’t live? Wanted to grab Paper Beasts.

bread's done
Back