Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
When do the new PS+ titles get announced? Sony has been on a roll lately and I’m looking forward to what they offer next. I believe the new Oddworld title will be one of them for April 1st.

Looks they are already allowing people to claim the free games.   Was able to claim all 9 games a few minutes ago.  Just know that doing it through a web browser is causing some glitches(signing you out, going back to the main store page) right now.

Looks they are already allowing people to claim the free games. Was able to claim all 9 games a few minutes ago. Just know that doing it through a web browser is causing some glitches(signing you out, going back to the main store page) right now.
I just did the same

I have added the subject and body of the email to my original post above, but the subject of the email is:

"Discount code for [Gamertag]: 20% off at PlayStation Store". It came into my inbox at 4:04 PM ET on March 25
WTF. I haven’t received any promotional emails in months.

For these free games, the first line of the small print says (emphasis mine)

As part of our Play At Home campaign, you can download and keep this game for free. Download before 22 April 20:00 PDT

Not claim but download?  I would imagine not, but do we have to actually download them by that date to keep them?

Not putting anything past Sony.

That moment when the games won't let you add them to your library on googlechrome but will on edge xD
As with most of the problems with the Playstation website, this probably has to do with cookies or login sessions. Probably only works on Edge for you precisely because you rarely use Edge.

Logging out and back in again should probably fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

As part of our Play At Home campaign, you can download and keep this game for free. Download before 22 April 20:00 PDT

Not claim but download? I would imagine not, but do we have to actually download them by that date to keep them?
Nah. I don't have enough room to download them all so I just clicked download and I got an email saying thank you for your purchase on every single one even though I did not have the storage space to download all of them.

Not claim but download? I would imagine not, but do we have to actually download them by that date to keep them?

I actually noticed this same wording on Uncharted Nathan Drake which was part of the Play At Home campaign last year which I claimed and never downloaded (said to download by May 2020). It still shows as being able to be downloaded for me.

As with most of the problems with the Playstation website, this probably has to do with cookies or login sessions. Probably only works on Edge for you precisely because you rarely use Edge.

Logging out and back in again should probably fix it.
Only the free stuff lately. I haven't ever had an issue prior for purchasing and downloading content. Prior to the ratchet and clank game and whatever dlc frisky posted before he retired the thread it's never been an issue.

MLB The Show 20 is currently on sale for $4.99.

A pretty good deal for last year’s baseball game for those that don’t want to pay $60 or $70 for the current year’s game that comes out in a few days.

I had a tab open with my shopping cart on the old web store and went ahead and checked out.

Likely my final PS3 purchases:

MotorStorm Apocalypse

MotorStorm RC Complete (Vita crossbuy)

Ratchet & Clank Collection

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault (Vita crossbuy)

Trash Panic

I can still browse the old store, so if you have it open, leave it open.  EDIT: And now it's redirecting to the new store, RIP.

Hopefully someone here might be able to help me.

Recently I noticed that if you go to purchase games through the PS4 store, you can literally buy games you got through PLUS so that you don't lose them if plus ever stops being offered/goes down/offline.

Is there a way to do this with PS3 games?
With the PS3 store closing soon, I'm nervous I'll lose the handful of PS+ titles I really loved such as Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion Deluxe, Demon Souls (Though I do got it on PS5 now) and a handful of others!

RIP old site. The last bastion of basic functionality.

Sony just loves to shit the bed. And if there's a corner that's not dirty, they'll go fishing in the toilet to finish the job.

At least as of last night I can still access it, though I had previously been opening new tabs for games I was considering and was now getting error messages, so i just have to jot down stuff in on the fence on.

Haven't tried this morning so I'm sure I just jinxed myself

Hopefully someone here might be able to help me.

Recently I noticed that if you go to purchase games through the PS4 store, you can literally buy games you got through PLUS so that you don't lose them if plus ever stops being offered/goes down/offline.

Is there a way to do this with PS3 games?
With the PS3 store closing soon, I'm nervous I'll lose the handful of PS+ titles I really loved such as Mickey Mouse: Castle of Illusion Deluxe, Demon Souls (Though I do got it on PS5 now) and a handful of others!
Really you can? I wanted to do that with The Witness as part of the Play at Home event! I can't figure it out though. :/

Any suggestions on getting the Beat saber slip/code that game with one of the PSVR bundles? Having a hard time finding it online and am not the biggest fan of digital. Would at least like to have the slip/insert too.

Can I just say that the selection on PS Now is utter garbage? Maybe I’m spoiled with having used Game Pass but there’s next to nothing I want to play or don’t already own on PS Now. There’s a decent amount of ps3 games that I’d check out or revisit, but no, I do not want to stream any games. Sony’s tech isn’t good enough to do this competently. The latency kills any ability to comfortably play a game. I have no idea how Mortal Kombat (PS3) is one of the most popular games on the service where reaction time is ruined by the latency issues.

Sorry, just needed to vent. PS Now is a garbage service and not worth it. Glad I only paid 99 cents to revisit it.

Strange, not working that way for me. BroForce only gives me the option to download it or get it from PSNow.

Same here.
I got it work with The Witness. I had the option of "Download Now" or "Add to Cart", added it to cart (added as Free btw), went through the usual purchase process and success. Pretty sure it worked as before hand it kept listing it as "Free" then afterward changed to "Purchase" like the others. It might only be with games with the Play at Home promo though.

EDIT: Just checked & also got a new sale receipt for it as well, so pretty sure it worked.

I've got $10 in my PlayStation Network Wallet.

Any thoughts on the following PS4/Vita cross-buy games?  

Chasm

Samurai Shodown V Special

The King of Fighters '97 Global Match

I can either buy Chasm or Samurai Shodown and The King of Fighters.

I've got $10 in my PlayStation Network Wallet.

Any thoughts on the following PS4/Vita cross-buy games?

Chasm
Samurai Shodown V Special
The King of Fighters '97 Global Match

I can either buy Chasm or Samurai Shodown and The King of Fighters.
Do you still play on Android and have a Bluetooth controller? Sam Sho V isn't there, but KOF97 and some other SNK classics are, and they're only .99 on sale. I would only get them for Vita if you wanted to play them on the bus or train. The big screen tablet and controller are much more comfortable.

If you're looking for a Bluetooth controller, I'd recommend the 8bitDo M30, which is great for fighting games. There's also a Sega Saturn replica controller, but the dpads on those can be defective. Only the USB version of that controller was fixed to remedy the issue.

Do you still play on Android and have a Bluetooth controller? Sam Sho V isn't there, but KOF97 and some other SNK classics are, and they're only .99 on sale. I would only get them for Vita if you wanted to play them on the bus or train. The big screen tablet and controller are much more comfortable.

If you're looking for a Bluetooth controller, I'd recommend the 8bitDo M30, which is great for fighting games. There's also a Sega Saturn replica controller, but the dpads on those can be defective. Only the USB version of that controller was fixed to remedy the issue.
I’m not sure about Android, but SNK has a terrible track record of keeping their games updated to work on newer hardware on iOS. Supposedly all their fighting games on iOS have been unplayably broken for like four years now.

bread's done
Back