Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I don't think Chasm is worth $10
Do you still play on Android and have a Bluetooth controller? Sam Sho V isn't there, but KOF97 and some other SNK classics are, and they're only .99 on sale. I would only get them for Vita if you wanted to play them on the bus or train. The big screen tablet and controller are much more comfortable.

If you're looking for a Bluetooth controller, I'd recommend the 8bitDo M30, which is great for fighting games. There's also a Sega Saturn replica controller, but the dpads on those can be defective. Only the USB version of that controller was fixed to remedy the issue.
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I will likely go with the two fighting games since the price for both is just right. And I have a PS4 and a Vita, so I'd probably give it a whirl on both. I still have a bunch of Android devices, but I don't use them nearly as much these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it work with The Witness. I had the option of "Download Now" or "Add to Cart", added it to cart (added as Free btw), went through the usual purchase process and success. Pretty sure it worked as before hand it kept listing it as "Free" then afterward changed to "Purchase" like the others. It might only be with games with the Play at Home promo though.

EDIT: Just checked & also got a new sale receipt for it as well, so pretty sure it worked.
Ok, thanks. I'll look again when I'm home. Don't forget to do it to Abzu too.

Can't decide if shenmue 3 with steelbook is worth $10
Definitely is in my book.

With access to the old PlayStation webstore gone, the new webstore being what it is and since I currently don't have access to a PS4 or a PS5, what are my options for claiming the free 'Play at Home' games?

With access to the old PlayStation webstore gone, the new webstore being what it is and since I currently don't have access to a PS4 or a PS5, what are my options for claiming the free 'Play at Home' games?
Try a different browser or incognito mode. I've literally had the new PS Store work with one of my chrome accounts but not with the other on the same device.

The PlayStation app for mobile is great resource for claiming PS plus games. I use it to claim PS Plus games for PS4/PS5.

Even was able to claim PS5 Plus games without owning a PS5.

I started playing Killzone Shadow Fall that I bought years ago but forgot about. Wow! It's gorgeous. Is it because I am playing on a PS5 or did the game look that good at launch? I am currently on chapter 4 and am liking it so far.

The only PS3 content I can think of that I kinda want is the dlc for Drakengard 3. Now that it is getting nuked I feel like I'll regret it if I don't buy it. So I'll be buying it.

It's too bad I always passed on those Street Fighter X Tekken deep discounts. I haven't been paying much attention since the webstore revamp, but it doesn't seem like PS3 or Vita content goes on sale anymore.

That Ratchet and Clank tweet a couple posts above is the first I'm hearing of a Play At Home promotion. A crappy webstore can really hurt engagement.

Yeah, so it is basically what they did with the PSP store when it closed down.
not really. You could still buy psp games when the psp store closed. With this you won't be able to buy anything on those platforms. You also needed the ps3 to download them to the psp.

I started playing Killzone Shadow Fall that I bought years ago but forgot about. Wow! It's gorgeous. Is it because I am playing on a PS5 or did the game look that good at launch? I am currently on chapter 4 and am liking it so far.
It always looked that good. Played pretty fun too. Very unique stuff.

So, what's worth picking-up before the stores close? Things that are unique to the consoles (and haven't been re-released on newer ones) or are otherwise just difficult to find in other mediums?

So, what's worth picking-up before the stores close? Things that are unique to the consoles (and haven't been re-released on newer ones) or are otherwise just difficult to find in other mediums?
iirc people have posted a couple lists here earlier in the thread and there was a small list in the niche jrpg thread of mostly digital only stuff, stuff that's been delisted or is limited physical prints.

Ones I remember off hand are the nathan drake game on the vita, black rock shooter and summon night 5 on the psp and drakengard 3 iirc on the ps3. titles I rec would be digimon cyber sleuth and tales of hearts r both on vita but cyber sleuth also got ps4 pc and switch ports and the switch version comes bundled with the side game hackers memory that takes place during cyber sleuths store parallelly.

Only games I'm buying are Infamous: Festival of Blood and Tekken 6 PSP. I really cannot think of others games I want to buy before the closure happens. Guess I better go through and have a look just to make sure I don't miss anything.

Yeah I'm not sure anything I want digitally is not on another platform for cheaper since so many games get released on steam and such these days. 

I think I got most of the PS3 digital exclusives over the years. I also got PS1 on PS3 games not available otherwise on PS4. Just need to check the Vita digital space, but I'm sure I got most of the exclusives there too, or there just aren't as many. Stinks about the closing, but these systems aren't really having much coming out for them these days.

They should do us all a favor by putting up tons of sales for games they're selling on the digital download PS3 and legacy stores before they shutdown.

Also wondering what happened to Frisky and the PS deals thread.

If you are someone who as a fan of ratchet and clank or is getting the new game Rift Apart Then pick up ratchet and clank into the nexus on PS3 which Rift apart is a sequel to. The price of physical on that game is ridiculous and it is only 10 bucks on the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are someone who as a fan of ratchet and clank or is getting the new game Rift Apart Then pick up ratchet and clank into the nexus on PS3 which Rift apart is a sequel to. The price of physical on that game is ridiculous and it is only 10 bucks on the store.
Had no idea that Into the Nexus was sought after.

Glad I was able to grab a physical copy a few years back.

Had no idea that Into the Nexus was sought after.

Glad I was able to grab a physical copy a few years back.
I read something saying that Rift apart was a sequel to Enter the Nexus and then that’s when I remembered I never got it so I checked Target, Best Buy, Amazon, and GameStop and the game is super expensive but it’s only 10 bucks on PSN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about getting "Deception IV: the Nightmare Princess," "Stardew Valley," and "Salt and Sanctuary" for Vita.  I know these titles exist elsewhere, but I like to have options.

I suggest "the Silent Hill Experience" and "Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel" for the PSP.  I also suggest "Echochrome, "House of the Dead 4," and "Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype" for PS3.  They've been in my backlog for a long time.

Been meaning to get "InFamous: Festival of Blood," "Rain," and "Echochrome II" for PS3.

Thinking about getting "Deception IV: the Nightmare Princess," "Stardew Valley," and "Salt and Sanctuary" for Vita. I know these titles exist elsewhere, but I like to have options.

I suggest "the Silent Hill Experience" and "Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel" for the PSP. I also suggest "Echochrome, "House of the Dead 4," and "Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype" for PS3. They've been in my backlog for a long time.

Been meaning to get "InFamous: Festival of Blood," "Rain," and "Echochrome II" for PS3.
Rain has been delisted. I tried to buy it a few years ago and it was gone. I checked again yesterday and it is still gone.

Thinking about getting "Deception IV: the Nightmare Princess," "Stardew Valley," and "Salt and Sanctuary" for Vita. I know these titles exist elsewhere, but I like to have options.

I suggest "the Silent Hill Experience" and "Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel" for the PSP. I also suggest "Echochrome, "House of the Dead 4," and "Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype" for PS3. They've been in my backlog for a long time.

Two games that came to mind that I should have purchased years ago but didn't are House of the Dead 4 and Infamous Festival of Blood. I will probably pick up these two and add them to my PS3. Every once in a while I like to play "Legacy" console games that I didn't have time to play in the past but have in my collection.

I really wish I would have picked up a Slim PS3 back when they were available. They are still pretty expensive second hand. My OG BC model PS3 is a beast and would like to have a smaller version of the console. Also my OG PS3 HDMI port is shot and when I finally get a new 4K TV I'm sure I won't be able to use it with component cables.

Sony either should have a real sale or at least give a $10 voucher to long time consecutive users.  I have had a ps3 since '08 buy never once received any sort of thank you for buying and continued use.  Even after the first one yloded.  But to anyone who is thinking of spending a fortune there.  Don't do it yet.  Wait until late June.  They aren't going anywhere until July and on top of that if you waited this long, wait longer.  Sony wants you to spend a lot now that was why they leaked it and now confirmed it. 

The only game I am buying is Siren Blood Curse.  Some recommendations are Way of the Samurai 4, Yakuza 5, House of the Dead 4, and Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments.  Also download the new control dlc for Lair and buy the Asura's Wrath Part 4 dlc.  Otherwise Lair is unplayable and Asura's Wrath has no real ending.  Also, American Magree's Alice for Alice Madness returns. That is free too.

Sony either should have a real sale or at least give a $10 voucher to long time consecutive users. I have had a ps3 since '08 buy never once received any sort of thank you for buying and continued use. Even after the first one yloded.

Also download the new control dlc for Lair and buy the Asura's Wrath Part 4 dlc. Otherwise Lair is unplayable and Asura's Wrath has no real ending. Also, American Magree's Alice for Alice Madness returns. That is free too.
They gave out a couple of thank you gifts years ago. You know when psn was hacked and shut down for months (years? maybe) and they had to rebuy our loyalty. I was recently looking over my PS3 games and couldn't figure out where the hell these random games came from until I dug through my old emails.

Is there a good list of free dlc for PS3 games that I should hit up before the shutdown? Not sure if I even have Lair but I guess I better check that one for sure.

Sony either should have a real sale or at least give a $10 voucher to long time consecutive users. I have had a ps3 since '08 buy never once received any sort of thank you for buying and continued use. Even after the first one yloded. But to anyone who is thinking of spending a fortune there. Don't do it yet. Wait until late June. They aren't going anywhere until July and on top of that if you waited this long, wait longer. Sony wants you to spend a lot now that was why they leaked it and now confirmed it.

The only game I am buying is Siren Blood Curse. Some recommendations are Way of the Samurai 4, Yakuza 5, House of the Dead 4, and Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments. Also download the new control dlc for Lair and buy the Asura's Wrath Part 4 dlc. Otherwise Lair is unplayable and Asura's Wrath has no real ending. Also, American Magree's Alice for Alice Madness returns. That is free too.
They actually did gave away a free $10 psn store credit last summer.

I guess I’ll pick up Street Alpha 1, 2, 3. Anyone other Capcom fighters I am missing on PSN?

I already have Capcom vs Snk 2, Darkstalkers Collection, and Alpha 3 Max.

Wow, I forgot how bad the old PS Store was.  

Having to wait minutes to download something the background is definitely annoying.  

They should do us all a favor by putting up tons of sales for games they're selling on the digital download PS3 and legacy stores before they shutdown.

Also wondering what happened to Frisky and the PS deals thread.
It certainly would generate sales - "Going out of service sale".

Can someone explain to me what the gameplay in Disco Elysium is like? I’m not 100% sold on it even though everyone says it’s an amazing game lol.

Can someone explain to me what the gameplay in Disco Elysium is like? I’m not 100% sold on it even though everyone says it’s an amazing game lol.
It’s like a CRPG without combat but with amped up dialogue ... very well written and has extensive voice acting. You’re a detective and interact with the environment a lot. You can customize your character with different kinds of skills or personality traits that change how you interact with other characters in the game. It’s definitely unique, haven’t tried it since the new patch.

Random question, but is there really no place to buy a digital copy of Suikoden II anymore? I guess I could find a rom copy somewhere but is it not for sale anywhere currently?

I hope we get a Suikoden I and Suikoden II port for the Switch. The original complete psone copies are going for a pretty good price on ebay, $400-$500.

bread's done
Back