Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
At these prices, I'm going to start selling off some of my collection, like Suikoden 2.  Prices should only go up with the closing of the old stores.  I have the digital version and my XStation PS1.  I'm not that attached to the physical copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
At these prices, I'm going to start selling off some of my collection, like Suikoden 2. Prices should only go up with the closing of the old stores. I have the digital version and my XStation PS1. I'm not that attached to the physical copies.
Ps1 wise you can get some decent coin for arc the lad, wild arms 2, xenogears, tales of destiny and tales of destiny ii (eternia), kloudelka sp? Off the top of my head. Eternia goes for like 200-300 by itself since they released it around 9\11 and only printed around 50k copies of it back then.
I sold xenogears back in August for around 80 or 90 bucks which is not bad for the gh version.

I am looking though some old email.  In 2013 I listed disc only Parasite Even 2 for $20, didn't sell until 2015.  I still got disc Brave Fencer to sell and that is like $80 now

I hope we get a Suikoden I and Suikoden II port for the Switch. The original complete psone copies are going for a pretty good price on ebay, $400-$500.
As someone who still has their PS1 physical copies. Yes, yes I would buy that in a heartbeat... but it's Konami & they think we can't have nice things.

Ps1 wise you can get some decent coin for arc the lad, wild arms 2, xenogears, tales of destiny and tales of destiny ii (eternia), kloudelka sp? Off the top of my head. Eternia goes for like 200-300 by itself since they released it around 9\11 and only printed around 50k copies of it back then.
My PS1 collection is mostly RPGs since that's what I was into at the time. I have Wild Arms 2 and Tales of Destiny 2 but not the first ones for either, oddly. I also have pretty much every black label Square release, and the Working Designs box sets (along with all their Sega CD and Saturn releases). When the heck did Magic Knight Rayearth become so valuable? Unfortunately I sold Panzer Dragoon Saga years ago when I needed some quick cash.

I wonder if the spring sale will start at midnight. Cause I have a random 15% off from rewards that expires at 11:59 am pacific. So I bet sale starts at 12pm pacific ;)

Ah thanks. Weird that they'd just throw in random dude just because he has a new skin.  But I get it since they basically print money.

Sega Saturn's games are going for decent price as well, especially the rpg ones. Panzer Dragoon Saga value is still going up.
Yeah it's going for over $1000 now.

I have Burning Rangers(500+), Powerslave(300+), Guardian Heroes, Shining Wisdom(300+) and some others. Several of my PS1, Sega CD, Saturn and a handful of PS2 games going for hundreds now.

This discussion made me decide to randomly look up one of the older Atlus games back when they came with nice pre-order bonuses, Etrian Odyssey 3, and I can’t even find a copy that includes the artbook for sale. Not sure if that means it’s rare or nobody wants it.

Edit:
Also maybe I shouldn’t have opened my Kotobukiya Bishoujo line figs. Oh well.

This discussion made me decide to randomly look up one of the older Atlus games back when they came with nice pre-order bonuses, Etrian Odyssey 3, and I can’t even find a copy that includes the artbook for sale. Not sure if that means it’s rare or nobody wants it.

Edit:
That made me decide to look for p3 vanilla with the outer box and art book. Saw a few listings for that one. though only the new and sealed had everything from a glance.

Your game wise there were 2 listings with the art book in the header on price tracker and that's it.

Edit:
There's several Etrian Odyssey III on eBay. The separate artbook for it was... I don't even remember what it was included with. Except I found a small stack at Fry's like a year after it came out for like a penny each.

I remember buying this game when it was cheap thinking it might be worth something someday

Sakura_Wars-_So_Long%2C_My_Love_-_Cover.jpg

tenor.gif

Literally just bought season passes 2 and 3 for Zombie Army 4 Dead War, and NOW they are 50% off. fucking fail
At least PlayStation owners are getting a sale on the DLC. I have the game on Xbox along with Strange Brigade from Rebellion and the DLC never goes on sale on Xbox. I even contacted the developers about it and they said they have no plans to put the content on sale on Xbox even though they have been on sale on PS4 multiple times and at low price points. It is frustrating that they cater to one platform and not both.

One positive thing I can say about the PlayStation store: I do appreciate that it shows my entire collection on one page, so I can just search in the page itself instead of relying on whatever horribly implemented search feature Sony would come up with.

The fact that I can't filter by any attributes whatsoever (VR headset required/PS Camera required/number of players etc) isn't quite as cool. 

Too late, already bought and downloaded lol. Hope I can handle it!!
I don't like scary games. I only played RE4 because so many people gushed over it. I am so glad I did because it's one of the best games I've ever played. I was not going to play RE7 in VR but people here convinced me and I am so glad I did because it is an awesome experience! For me though, I couldn't play after 6 or 7 pm because if I played before I went to bed, my brain told me I was right back in that house or swamp when I closed my eyes. It's really weird not having arms in all these VR games and I wish you could have used the move controllers but you are in for a hellva ride!

That game is stressful in VR. I made it just over halfway before I switched over to finish the rest normally. Great game though.
Is it because of motion sickness? I haven't tried VR yet, but will probably pick one up this generation. I heard good things about the Astro VR game and of course Half Life Alyx. Pretty sure there will be a PS5 port of Half Life with the release of the next gen VR update.

Not sure if this has been covered already, but will games get patched for the legacy consoles after the stores shut down? Would it be worth it to find an external for PS3 to install the backlog?

Not sure if this has been covered already, but will games get patched for the legacy consoles after the stores shut down? Would it be worth it to find an external for PS3 to install the backlog?
Not sure about the first question. Sony never allowed installing and running games on external hard drives for PS3. You can only backup the internal drive to to an external. The largest internal drive that can be installed is 1.5TB if I remember correctly.

You can preload the Knockout City Cross-Play Beta now:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA25828_00-LOREMIPSUM27CLBT

Starts Friday.

Auto Chess is out now for PS5:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP6254-PPSA02917_00-AUTOCHESS202100A

Rogue Company is also out now for PS5:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0334-PPSA02091_00-ROGUECOMPANYXXXX

Disco Elysium is out now for PS5/PS4 and is on sale for PS+ members for 20% off for launch week:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP6758-PPSA03268_00-6401393671841114

Not sure about the first question. Sony never allowed installing and running games on external hard drives for PS3. You can only backup the internal drive to to an external. The largest internal drive that can be installed is 1.5TB if I remember correctly.
Damn. Oh well then. Hopefully patches will still work.

Is it because of motion sickness? I haven't tried VR yet, but will probably pick one up this generation. I heard good things about the Astro VR game and of course Half Life Alyx. Pretty sure there will be a PS5 port of Half Life with the release of the next gen VR update.
Nah. It's pretty slow paced so motion sickness wasn't an issue. It's just creepy in VR. The immersion is next level. Astro is one of the best games on PS4 let alone PSVR. That game is a pure joy to play.

BTW. Picked up The Borderlands 3 Season Pass 2 ($20) & Gunlord X ($4). Borderlands plays so great on PS5 and the new content looks good. Gunlord is a run & gun Turrican tribute. I saw it on Switch, but I prefer to play 2D games on PS4 due to the better D-Pad. The great sale price I couldn't pass on.

How much do you really get in the BL3 season pass 2? I havent even touched the season pass 1 yet, and I have the ps4 disc version. Was going to wait for my ps5 to come in the mail but fedex lost it so thats fun.

How much do you really get in the BL3 season pass 2? I havent even touched the season pass 1 yet, and I have the ps4 disc version. Was going to wait for my ps5 to come in the mail but fedex lost it so thats fun.
We here at FedEx didn't lose your PS5. Rather, my kids are enjoying their new Easter present. Thanks, man!

bread's done
Back