Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Are your PS5 controllers dirty? Both analog sticks have white crust on them and the back is a little bit black. What is the best way to clean? Rubbing alcohol? Plain water? I don't have dirty hands as I am not really doing much or going out much but I will try to wash them anyway every time I play and see if that makes any difference.

Are your PS5 controllers dirty? Both analog sticks have white crust on them and the back is a little bit black. What is the best way to clean? Rubbing alcohol? Plain water? I don't have dirty hands as I am not really doing much or going out much but I will try to wash them anyway every time I play and see if that makes any difference.
The black part is probably oil and sweat build up from your fingers and hands. Clorox wipes will probably work well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine are fine and use them every day. Probably just make sure your hands are clean before you game.

I haven't had to clean it, but anything that's not overly wet should be fine. I would probably use a hand-safe wipe, like Wet Ones / Purell wipes.

I don't have dirty hands
tenor.gif

I went to buy some stuff on the PS3 store and the add to cart button is missing on everything. After googling it seems like a common issue and you just have to hit x on the picture and it will add to cart instead. Looks like it has been happening for awhile now. 

Can't believe I missed out on the 99 cent sale for 1 month of PS Now last week, maybe it was part of the flash sale. 

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1377969349634314245?s=20

Goddamn. Shit is getting wild. MLB The Show 21 is free on fucking Game Pass. Who could've predicted this shit? Sony gamers have to pay full price for a first party title while Xbox gamers get the game for free*. Insane. 

I just don't get how Sony's contract lawyers let that possibility to slip through. Maybe they have the same idiots representing them as they do working on their network infrastructure. 

Leave the fanboy stuff out of here. No legitimately sane person cares. Only the hard-core insecure mental fans on each side would care. Trust me, your life would not improve or decline because of this news.

MLB the Show 21 is coming to Xbox gamepass on day one. Sony has to be trolling at this point. This, on top of killing the ps3 and vita digital stores, killing communities, turning the store into some cumbersome relic that seems like it was lifted out of 2010, and letting psnow languish. I'm working on my ps4 backlog for the next couple of years, but after that I'm switching to xbox or finally getting a gaming pc. It's obvious that Sony has once again entered hubris mode.

Leave the fanboy stuff out of here. No legitimately sane person cares. Only the hard-core insecure mental fans on each side would care. Trust me, your life would not improve or decline because of this news.
fuck off. I'm not a goddamn fanboy. It's news and I'm going to post about it. I own every console. Not that I have to justify ANYTHING. You're the one who sounds sour here with the extreme response.

It's interesting and news. Deal with it.

I mean, MLB fans who play playstation should very much care. What a major fuck you to them. All because Sony wanted a few extra bucks from Microsoft. This just fits the pattern of behavior they've been showing to their core consumers for the past year.

Have I always been blind or has Sony semi recently added $5 PSN codes to Sony Rewards?
Did they also remove the ability to pay for those gift cards partially with points and with money?

500 points for a $5 card. I have 452 points. I was hoping I could just pay the difference but its saying I can't. Bit of a bummer, but oh well.

On another note, I think it might finally be time to grab The Last of Us part 2.

fuck off. I'm not a goddamn fanboy. It's news and I'm going to post about it. I own every console. Not that I have to justify ANYTHING. You're the one who sounds sour here with the extreme response.

It's interesting and news. Deal with it.
Sour? Who's telling who to f-off? I don't see how this news will affect someone enjoyment of the game if they are planning to play it anyways. The game was already announced that you can crossplay with other players on different systems awhile ago. You still have to pay some kind of transaction to play the game.

Sour? Who's telling who to f-off? I don't see how this news will affect someone enjoyment of the game if they are planning to play it anyways. The game was already announced that you can crossplay with other players on different systems awhile ago. You still have to pay some kind of transaction to play the game.
Yeah, a Sony first party game that you have to pay $70 for is free (with a sub) on a rivals game service isn't noteworthy and unnecessary to even mention. Gotcha.

Continue living in your fantasy world where if the news doesn't directly affect you that you shouldn't acknowledge it.

EDIT: Addressing your reversal of the 'sour' comment. You accused me of being a fanboy for posting noteworthy news. I stand by my statement from before.

In other news, I finally buckled and bought a blue DualShock 4 from Best Buy using my birthday discount.  I wanted an extra one to keep paired up with my PS1/PS2 (the Brook adapter is pretty great).  I should've bought all the $25 crystal ones from Wal-Mart when I had the chance.

Yeah, a Sony first party game that you have to pay $70 for is free (with a sub) on a rivals game service isn't noteworthy and unnecessary to even mention. Gotcha.

Continue living in your fantasy world where if the news doesn't directly affect you that you shouldn't acknowledge it.

EDIT: Addressing your reversal of the 'sour' comment. You accused me of being a fanboy for posting noteworthy news. I stand by my statement from before.
First off, I have nothing against you or probably ever will. I just don't see why anyone would be really affected with this news unless they are an overzealous fan of whatever side they are fixated on. It's not like we are getting free healthcare or not. Your posts does make it seem like people who are gaming on the PS system should be outrage with this news, but the point I am trying to make is why does it matter, you still get to play the same game but with now more people. Stop trying to create tension is what I was going for but probably failed at.

So I ran into a little problem. I bought a 5 TB external HDD. I formatted it in my PC and when I went to plug it into my PS5, I saw that both my rear USB inputs were in use. PSVR camera adapter and PSVR input. My front input is where I charge my controller so I took that out but a message popped up telling me I had to use a rear input. So I unplugged the camera adapter and am currently moving games. Sony did not think about this when designing the console. I will now have to buy a 3.0 USB splitter type gizmo. Lame.

I just don't get how Sony's contract lawyers let that possibility to slip through. Maybe they have the same idiots representing them as they do working on their network infrastructure.
MLB is the publisher of the game on Xbox. Sony probably had no say in what they do with it.

fyi, Sony was forced by MLB to take the game multiplatform, also MLB is publishing the xbox version, which is why it will be on game pass. Not to say that it isnt ridiculous for Sony to ask us to pay $70 for it when it will be part of a service for xbox, but I dont think MLB was going to let them keep the license if they didnt do this. I personally think they should tell MLB to shove it and keep putting out their RBI baseball crap, but I guess Sony makes enough money on it to keep doing things the same way.

I, for one, will be playing on my series x, still using part of my 3 year ultimate upgrade for $1, so I'll be happy.

In other news, I finally buckled and bought a blue DualShock 4 from Best Buy using my birthday discount. I wanted an extra one to keep paired up with my PS1/PS2 (the Brook adapter is pretty great). I should've bought all the $25 crystal ones from Wal-Mart when I had the chance.
I actually got a Crystal DualShock from Walmart when they dropped to $11. It was one the few times I got in a clearance deal.

To be fair I feel like the MLB pushed the deal through with Microsoft to get The Show on Game Pass day one. I don't think, and I could be wrong, that Sony by themselves would have allowed a deal like this to happen.

I think Sony does need to show some serious goodwill for those that will still play it on PS5 and PS4 by offering it through PS+ or PS Now day one. It's going to feel like alienation to ask PlayStation fans to pay $60 or $70 (more for the Jackie Robinson Editions) while Xbox fans get it "free" day one paying only $15 a month.

I don't think Sony can afford it. The Show probably makes the bulk of it's money in the first few months of release and they can't give people the impression that major 1st party titles can go to PS+ day one like Microsoft does with GamePass.

Microsoft are the ones needing to makeup market share, not Sony. There's a reason Xbox has so many of these "deals" and Sony doesn't. They don't need to.

Not saying it doesn't suck, it's just financially where they (and therefore, we) are at.

I know that I am not a mod, but let's cool it on this "debate" about The Show. It isn't constructive to the thread and you guys can take it to PM's if you really need to talk it out.

Two PS5 related questions, one a weird issue I'm having with my PS5, maybe someone here can shed some light on it. 

1) I have an 8TB WD External HD I use for all my PS4 games.  Sometimes the games I download finish downloading, but the progress bar stays at like 99.9% making it look like it isn't finished.  It will play if I click on it but it kinda drives me nuts to look at, I also wonder if that isn't part of why my console seems so slow to register what's on my external drive.

2) Is there a way to get the system to remember how you want to sort your games?  Again, I have tons of games on the external drive and I prefer them sorted alphabetically, it seems kinda nuts that it 'forgets' this every time I turn off the console.  Am I missing something here?

Just to keep this PSN related, Sony should at least put out a demo or a Show 21 Lite (similar to PES Lite) for Playstation users.   But they probably won't.  

Just to keep this PSN related, Sony should at least put out a demo or a Show 21 Lite (similar to PES Lite) for Playstation users. But they probably won't.
Honestly, I tried the alpha for the game and thought it seemed pretty similar to previous years, but I didn't mess around with too much.

Just to keep this PSN related, Sony should at least put out a demo or a Show 21 Lite (similar to PES Lite) for Playstation users. But they probably won't.
it would be more likely they put out one of those "playstation plus" free packs with some stubs and playstation exclusive cosmetic stuff

So I ran into a little problem. I bought a 5 TB external HDD. I formatted it in my PC and when I went to plug it into my PS5, I saw that both my rear USB inputs were in use. PSVR camera adapter and PSVR input. My front input is where I charge my controller so I took that out but a message popped up telling me I had to use a rear input. So I unplugged the camera adapter and am currently moving games. Sony did not think about this when designing the console. I will now have to buy a 3.0 USB splitter type gizmo. Lame.
Splitter gyzmo's don't work for anything other than charging controllers in my experience so I'm unsure of how useful that will be to you. Or at least that's how it works on ps4. Maybe it can be used for the vr camera.

It’s kind of insane to me that consoles of the last couple gens have so few usb. They can’t up production cost by that much can they? Otherwise you wouldn’t be able to get a hub for dirt cheap. It would be so useful to have at least one or two extra.

Splitter gyzmo's don't work for anything other than charging controllers in my experience so I'm unsure of how useful that will be to you. Or at least that's how it works on ps4. Maybe it can be used for the vr camera.
I meant a hub thing. Luckily they are only about 10 to $15 on Amazon.

It’s kind of insane to me that consoles of the last couple gens have so few usb. They can’t up production cost by that much can they? Otherwise you wouldn’t be able to get a hub for dirt cheap. It would be so useful to have at least one or two extra.
I’ve been recently reorganizing my retro room and just brought out my old 80gb fat ps3. I’d been using my 300gb slim for so long I forgot that they originally had four usb on the front. I also forgot that the thing sounds like a jet engine after twenty minutes...
More usb would be helpful though. At least with the PSVR, you don’t have to have the usb plugged in at all times... just realized that last week while plugging in my son’s wired controller.

People upset by The Show on GamePass need to remember that games don't stay on the service forever.  People who play sports games like them for the whole season.  I'm betting this is a 3 month deal to generate hype on a new platform, it will then leave the service and many will buy it.  Smart move if you really think about it.

I'm happy that The Show is on Game Pass as PlayStation owner. Hopefully Sony steps it's game up and is embarrassed about this situation. I don't know if I want a PlayStation version of Game Pass, I just want to feel like I'm getting value somewhere. Game Pass is major value.

Two PS5 related questions, one a weird issue I'm having with my PS5, maybe someone here can shed some light on it.

1) I have an 8TB WD External HD I use for all my PS4 games. Sometimes the games I download finish downloading, but the progress bar stays at like 99.9% making it look like it isn't finished. It will play if I click on it but it kinda drives me nuts to look at, I also wonder if that isn't part of why my console seems so slow to register what's on my external drive.

2) Is there a way to get the system to remember how you want to sort your games? Again, I have tons of games on the external drive and I prefer them sorted alphabetically, it seems kinda nuts that it 'forgets' this every time I turn off the console. Am I missing something here?
Edit- Never mind you are asking for PS5. Did they get rid of folders on PS5?

For your question number 2 I have some input. I use folders to categorize games. You can order items in folders manually and I keep mine games alphabetized in the folders. That's how I keep my games organized on PS4. I just look for the folder for the type of game I am interested in playing and it is ordered the way I want.

Edit- Never mind you are asking for PS5. Did they get rid of folders on PS5?

For your question number 2 I have some input. I use folders to categorize games. You can order items in folders manually and I keep mine games alphabetized in the folders. That's how I keep my games organized on PS4. I just look for the folder for the type of game I am interested in playing and it is ordered the way I want.
Thanks for the input, I don't think there are folders unfortunately, I've looked everywhere. Sometimes the UI on PS5 is a pretty big departure form PS4, which is fine, but I feel they are going to have to patch some stuff in to make it more user friendly.

I'm happy that The Show is on Game Pass as PlayStation owner. Hopefully Sony steps it's game up and is embarrassed about this situation. I don't know if I want a PlayStation version of Game Pass, I just want to feel like I'm getting value somewhere. Game Pass is major value.
Yeah I hear you, competition is good. With that said the free* PS+ games have been providing tremendous value lately in my opinion, while games with gold has been serving up mostly hot garbage for months. They currently value different things and I think once Sony figures out a way to get PS3 games playable without streaming, then PS Now could be a worthy competitor. Not trying to start anything with these comments. I own all 3 consoles and love gamepass. Don't @ me

Wait you guys really don't think that a Sony studio developed a game that's on game pass and Sony had no idea, right? Why the hell would they be embarrassed? They own the studio that made the game, of course they knew this was going to happen and absolutely could have blocked it if they wanted to. Saying they should be embarrassed or thinking this is a loss for them is the dumbest thing I've heard today. They no doubt got a sweet payment from Microsoft to allow the game to be on other platforms and then to get it on game pass.

To all the playstation experts is there any reason that I should keep a playstation tv instead of just selling it? Does it do anything special that nothing else can do? Now that these storefronts are closing I guess I should figure out if I even need this.

PS1 games that I bought through psn I can play on PS3, and ones I didn't grab there I can work something out on the Classic if needed. I still have a psp with the few games I would have played, but doubt I will ever go back to anything there. I don't have a PS4 for remote whatever, and any ps4 games I will play will eventually be through a ps5. I never got into Vita so I don't know if there are any absolute must have gems that are worth keeping a separate piece of hardware just for. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Wait you guys really don't think that a Sony studio developed a game that's on game pass and Sony had no idea, right? Why the hell would they be embarrassed? They own the studio that made the game, of course they knew this was going to happen and absolutely could have blocked it if they wanted to. Saying they should be embarrassed or thinking this is a loss for them is the dumbest thing I've heard today. They no doubt got a sweet payment from Microsoft to allow the game to be on other platforms and then to get it on game pass.
I think it's more like major league baseball wanted the game to get to as many people as possible. This was probably part of the negotiations having it go multi console and also going to Game Pass was likely part of the agreement.

To all the playstation experts is there any reason that I should keep a playstation tv instead of just selling it? Does it do anything special that nothing else can do? Now that these storefronts are closing I guess I should figure out if I even need this.

PS1 games that I bought through psn I can play on PS3, and ones I didn't grab there I can work something out on the Classic if needed. I still have a psp with the few games I would have played, but doubt I will ever go back to anything there. I don't have a PS4 for remote whatever, and any ps4 games I will play will eventually be through a ps5. I never got into Vita so I don't know if there are any absolute must have gems that are worth keeping a separate piece of hardware just for. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Playstation TV would offer the only way to play VITA games (with some exceptions) on a TV but if that isn't important to you then I can't see why you shouldn't sell it. I have one myself but it doesn't really get used honestly.

bread's done
Back