Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
The Wishlist feature has already been restored to the webstore since about a week or two ago. It does not import from the old store's list, rather it shares the same list as the one on the PS5 console.
Import was the verb I was looking for! I figured it wouldn't import to the new list. That'd be too user friendly.

Has anyone had success physically moving a 1TB HDD from a PS3 to another PS3 while maintaining the contents?

My PS3 powers on but has a fried network adapter so I'm buying a replacement one to purchase any final games and DLC before Sony shuts down the servers. My current PS3 has a 1TB HDD in it so I'd like to reuse it in the replacement console instead of buying a second 1TB HDD.

Has anyone had success physically moving a 1TB HDD from a PS3 to another PS3 while maintaining the contents?
My PS3 powers on but has a fried network adapter so I'm buying a replacement one to purchase any final games and DLC before Sony shuts down the servers. My current PS3 has a 1TB HDD in it so I'd like to reuse it in the replacement console instead of buying a second 1TB HDD.
You can’t

I believe the PS3 is the same as the PS4 where it’s tied to the console. So if you swap a drive from one to another, you would need to reformat that drive.

Yeah, you're going to have to reformat and redownload. Really dumb feature in my opinion. There's ways around it, but they require modding your system.

Gamers are gonna be really disappointed when they eventually learn that they won't even be able to use PS5's update servers and storefront in perpetuity because they're gonna be dead someday.
I find it absolutely thrilling to use hardware whose user bases are mostly dead now. How many subscribers does LGR have on YouTube? Imagine if a Duesenberg SSG wouldn’t run today because it needed to connect to a server to download an update.

Believe it or not timeless classics are still valuable and meaningful even if the vogue in the industry has moved on, and people who actually care about games frequently look back for lessons and inspiration. The idea that everything old is bad and worthless and you should only pay attention to what’s new is profoundly ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently going through the process of checking all of my physical PS3 games for updates/patches. I checked all of the digital versions games I currently have installed. Some had updates/patches, some did not. The next step will be downloading installing games and DLC that I had deleted.

One odd thing so far is that I checked Battlefield 4 both physical and digital for updates/patches. The physical version had one while the digital version did not saying it's up to date.

After this it's just a matter of buying the games I want and then I'll be done.

Edit: I also forgot to mention an issue with the physical version of Killzone 3. The current update/patch for it causes the save file to corrupt. It was never fixed as far as I can remember.

Yeah, you can't move a hard drive from one PS3 to another.

I upgraded to 1TB hard drives in both of my slims a year or two ago.  I installed a bunch of stuff to one and then did the network system to system copy.  The whole process was super slow and painful.  I'm installing the latest stuff I've bought on both of them now.  I'm surprised that I'm actually using up most of the drive space.

Couple tips for people going through this pain:

1) Use the download list in account management, not the download list in the store

2) I've read that the store works a little better if you drop your resolution down to 720p (memory issues).  It still craps out after a while.

3) Check for updates on your digital games since they aren't all prepatched

4) Pause your downloads before installing a game - doing both at the same time makes the install even slower

5) Better yet, use the power off in the XMB menus (not from holding the PS button on the controller).  You will get an option to turn the PS3 off after downloads have finished.  Games will automatically install before powering off.

I upgraded to 1TB hard drives in both of my slims a year or two ago. I installed a bunch of stuff to one and then did the network system to system copy. The whole process was super slow and painful. I'm installing the latest stuff I've bought on both of them now. I'm surprised that I'm actually using up most of the drive space.

1) Use the download list in account management, not the download list in the store
2) I've read that the store works a little better if you drop your resolution down to 720p (memory issues). It still craps out after a while.
Does that network system to system copy allow you to copy select games and stuff over? Or was it more like a full backup to another system that requires both to have the same size drive? I barely remember how to even use the ps3 apparently. Lol.

Does that network system to system copy allow you to copy select games and stuff over? Or was it more like a full backup to another system that requires both to have the same size drive? I barely remember how to even use the ps3 apparently. Lol.
I believe it was an all or nothing type deal. What I do remember is it pausing a lot for long periods of time, making it look like it got hung up.

I'm currently going through the process of checking all of my physical PS3 games for updates/patches. I checked all of the digital versions games I currently have installed. Some had updates/patches, some did not. The next step will be downloading installing games and DLC that I had deleted.

One odd thing so far is that I checked Battlefield 4 both physical and digital for updates/patches. The physical version had one while the digital version did not saying it's up to date.

After this it's just a matter of buying the games I want and then I'll be done.

Edit: I also forgot to mention an issue with the physical version of Killzone 3. The current update/patch for it causes the save file to corrupt. It was never fixed as far as I can remember.
That because a digital version already has a patch applied up to the date it was downloaded on. Where a disc would have the version it was on launch date.

That because a digital version already has a patch applied up to the date it was downloaded on. Where a disc would have the version it was on launch date.
Well, that makes sense. I had no clue about how that works. Thanks for the input.

In other news, it's been a tedious process. I got the message "the connection to the server has timed out" so many times I lost count while going through my download list. Thankfully that's over with after I re-downloaded the games and DLC I had deleted. Once those games are installed I'll check for updates. Next step after that is installing my physical games. Oh the fun of being a gamer, lol.

That PS5 FW update is out now. Your DualSense controllers also have a FW update, too. Seems like it'll rebuild the database when you start it up to facilitate the new changes.

That PS5 FW update is out now. Your DualSense controllers also have a FW update, too. Seems like it'll rebuild the database when you start it up to facilitate the new changes.
I came out this morning to work and my PlayStation was on and doing something. I assume it was downloading this update and installing it. Creeped me out lol.

tenor.gif

And the 'missing' PS3 patches that people were freaking out over are back again.  As I posted earlier, they have a history of glitching out for a while but people didn't notice until now.  Having said that, I would update your titles while you can.  You never know.

And the 'missing' PS3 patches that people were freaking out over are back again. As I posted earlier, they have a history of glitching out for a while but people didn't notice until now. Having said that, I would update your titles while you can. You never know.
Yeah, people going nuts over something that happens from time to time all because they haven't played their ps3 in years and never saw it before. I am happy to see that Rain has been re-listed on psn though. At least every time I have tried to buy it since 2019 it has been missing.

I upgraded to 1TB hard drives in both of my slims a year or two ago. I installed a bunch of stuff to one and then did the network system to system copy. The whole process was super slow and painful. I'm installing the latest stuff I've bought on both of them now. I'm surprised that I'm actually using up most of the drive space.

2) I've read that the store works a little better if you drop your resolution down to 720p (memory issues). It still craps out after a while.

4) Pause your downloads before installing a game - doing both at the same time makes the install even slower

5) Better yet, use the power off in the XMB menus (not from holding the PS button on the controller). You will get an option to turn the PS3 off after downloads have finished. Games will automatically install before powering off.
I'm afraid network system to system copy won't work as my current PS3 doesn't connect to the internet. Also, that requires a second 1TB drive in the destination PS3, which is what I wanted to avoid having to buy.

I guess option three is re-download everything on the new PS3. Luckily all my save games made it to PS+ Cloud prior to the network failure, but this sounds sloooooow.

I guess option three is re-download everything on the new PS3. Luckily all my save games made it to PS+ Cloud prior to the network failure, but this sounds sloooooow.
Every option is slow. Redownloading everything is probably your best bet.

Well, Ash of Gods: Redemption is $5.99. It's obviously a shameless Banner Saga knockoff. But is it any good? I usually buy any indie rpg that drops that low, but seeing an indie dev so blatantly rips off another indie dev makes me hesitant.

Have they already started removing some PS1 games from the PS3 store?

I had Wipeout, Warhawk and a few other on my wish list for ages (old PS store website wish list) hoping for a sale. Last night I logged on my PS3 to just grab at regular price and they no longer show under PS1 titles.

Is there anybody else that can't stand the new PS store website on a PC?

Have they already started removing some PS1 games from the PS3 store?

I had Wipeout, Warhawk and a few other on my wish list for ages (old PS store website wish list) hoping for a sale. Last night I logged on my PS3 to just grab at regular price and they no longer show under PS1 titles.

Is there anybody else that can't stand the new PS store website on a PC?
The PS1 section has been messed up for a while. Alot of games you can only find by specifically searching for them.

^^^ Nice. Look forward to trying it out. (On regard to Resident Evil, not Fortnite) lol

I caved and bought Megaman Legacy Collection X 1 + 2 after waiting for three years for the damn thing to go to a steeper discount than 50%.

It's a little disappointing that they changed the boss names in X5 away from their silly Guns N Roses-inspired localizations (RIP Duff McWhalen), but otherwise fun times.

X5 had the freaking coolest names. Squid Adler, Axle the Red, Izzy Glow (Mattrex was so cool he only needed one name); losing them really was a travesty.

X5 had the freaking coolest names. Squid Adler, Axle the Red, Izzy Glow (Mattrex was so cool he only needed one name); losing them really was a travesty.
The story behind how all those names happened is pretty funny. The actress who voiced Claire Redfield was married to the guy who was localizing the game, and she decided to pitch in in a unique way:

Apparently the localization (text editing) I did for a Capcom game is *famous*. Er, make that infamous. Who knew?

My then husband was responsible 4 text localization. He asked me 2 do it &, since he was a GnR fan, I changed the names 2b GnR references.
I didn't know the game nor did I know how mad fans wld be that Id changed the characters' names. But yrs later ppl now like it!
My ex-husband had his own company, GenAzea, which did localization for many Capcom games. I did a lot of that work.
...At first my hubby laughed & liked it [the GnR names]. Then when fans started complaining he got mad at me. I meant well.
https://www.rockman-corner.com/2011/04/alyson-court-talks-mega-man-x5-guns-n.html

I caved and bought Megaman Legacy Collection X 1 + 2 after waiting for three years for the damn thing to go to a steeper discount than 50%.

It's a little disappointing that they changed the boss names in X5 away from their silly Guns N Roses-inspired localizations (RIP Duff McWhalen), but otherwise fun times.
Been waiting for the Zero collection to get lower than $20. I swear, the original collection and the X collection dropped in price way quicker and way steeper than Zero has.

bread's done
Back