Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Speaking of PS Plus games on PS4.

How can you purchase a previous PS Plus game when they have a great sale price? When I am on the Sony PC store or PS 4 store it shows that I already purchased it (But as a PS Plus title).

Driving me nuts as Xbox gives you a choice to buy the game if you currently own it as part of Gold or Gamepass.
Many games allow you to buy them now, but not all

Just go to the game's store page on your PS4 and it'll offer you the chance to purchase.

It worked for Broforce,DeadNation, Infamous Last Light, and a few others I loved but not Outlast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just go to the game's store page on your PS4 and it'll offer you the chance to purchase.

It worked for Broforce,DeadNation, Infamous Last Light, and a few others I loved but not Outlast.
Thanks as I will see what works and not works on the PS4 store.

I hate to say it & someone correct me if I'm wrong but off the top of my head that sounds like a gpu failure. Do you have a digital only game you could run & see if it has the same issues? If it does then it would help to narrow it down a little. If it doesn't then it's probably the optical drive. If it does then it could be the gpu, maybe hardrive issues or the ram. I'm not a expert so I just be guessing.
Thanks. I’ll try out some digital titles tomorrow to see. Hopefully it’s just the optical drive and I’ll just designate it as a digital only ps3. I’ll post back with updated info.

Not Amplitude either, sadly. That was one of the first ones I checked when that feature rolled out.

Why does the PS5 only allow 1 external HDD at a time? Very annoying not to be able to use both at once!
It's lazy Sony. PS4 was the same way. PS3 never supported external drives for storing games. Microsoft, meanwhile, has allowed two or three USB drives connected simultaneously since 2015 on 360 and XB1!

I’m glad that the stores aren’t closing, but man is Jim Ryan really off-putting.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/19/playstation-store-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-will-continue-operations/
All those people who spent hundreds of dollars on full priced games all for nothing. This Ryan guy made Sony a lot of money by threatening to close the stores and now reversing the decision. A very smart business move, causing panic among the dumb people. I did just buy a $25 psn card today for Siren Blood Curse but I will just hold on to it now. They really need to bring back the sales again.

All those people who spent hundreds of dollars on full priced games all for nothing. This Ryan guy made Sony a lot of money by threatening to close the stores and now reversing the decision. A very smart business move, causing panic among the dumb people. I did just buy a $25 psn card today for Siren Blood Curse but I will just hold on to it now. They really need to bring back the sales again.
Makes me glad I didn't trade a bunch of games at Gamestop to get some PS bucks and panic buy. I'll just wait and hope for some price drops or sales.

Poor PSP :(

And when they do decide to close PS3 / Vita, give us more than a quarter's warning!

"We were going to stop taking your money, but we see that you still desperately want us to take your money..."

I'm still confused on why this was such a big issue for people. Are you guys really still buying stuff for your PS3?
more the lack of much notice than anything I believe.

you're right though, even most PS players aren't buying PS3 games now.

more the lack of much notice than anything I believe.

you're right though, even most PS players aren't buying PS3 games now.
I'll pick up a game here or there that I missed when the system was "current." For me, it was more about the DLC for games I still own and are in my backlog that I will get around to playing eventually.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1384220462046089217?s=19
"later today"

*checks article, which says "April 19 8:00pm PT"*

tenor.gif

Thanks for the reminder Frisky!

This is all to say nothing of the damage Sony is doing to developers. They've stated that they had no idea that the storefronts were closing until Sony announced it to all of us. When they found out, they had to decide whether to rush out whatever projects they were working on and put them up for sale for a very limited time, or abandon their work entirely. And then right when they're all switching gears, Sony goes "lol nvm."

LOL nobody was buying anything until OMG I won't be able to buy anything anymore!!
I mean, it's honestly fascinating. With physical media, we all know it'll degrade in time but even compact discs from the 80s are still around... 40 years later, at still work fine and there are people who make back-ups (don't want to get to the legality of it). But with digital only items, there's tons of stuff where it's possible that it'll just disappear completely because anyone who purchased it might not have bothered to have a back up anywhere. I mean a similar risk exists with physical media... there could be a low print game that nobody anywhere has a copy of...

I was looking through my PS3 downloads last night before Sony backtracked on it, and I noticed I had so many themes and wallpapers and other stuff that I purchased and then later deleted/removed to save space. Glad I can put that off now but will now have to do that with the PSP.

I’m glad that the stores aren’t closing, but man is Jim Ryan really off-putting.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/19/playstation-store-on-ps3-and-ps-vita-will-continue-operations/
I feel like there's been a lot of missteps since Jim Ryan took over... not saying all this is his fault but there's a lot about Sony over the past year or so that I don't agree with.

I mean, it's honestly fascinating. With physical media, we all know it'll degrade in time but even compact discs from the 80s are still around... 40 years later, at still work fine and there are people who make back-ups (don't want to get to the legality of it). But with digital only items, there's tons of stuff where it's possible that it'll just disappear completely because anyone who purchased it might not have bothered to have a back up anywhere. I mean a similar risk exists with physical media... there could be a low print game that nobody anywhere has a copy of...

I was looking through my PS3 downloads last night before Sony backtracked on it, and I noticed I had so many themes and wallpapers and other stuff that I purchased and then later deleted/removed to save space. Glad I can put that off now but will now have to do that with the PSP.

I feel like there's been a lot of missteps since Jim Ryan took over... not saying all this is his fault but there's a lot about Sony over the past year or so that I don't agree with.
Your point is fine overall, but this wasn't the issue at hand, was it? I don't think Sony ever said your purchases were going away. You just can't buy new stuff (which is now changed).

"We were going to stop taking your money, but we see that you still desperately want us to take your money..."

I'm still confused on why this was such a big issue for people. Are you guys really still buying stuff for your PS3?
I was concerned with the PRAM battery issue. I hope they fix that soon.

One positive thing I can say about the PlayStation store: I do appreciate that it shows my entire collection on one page, so I can just search in the page itself instead of relying on whatever horribly implemented search feature Sony would come up with.

The fact that I can't filter by any attributes whatsoever (VR headset required/PS Camera required/number of players etc) isn't quite as cool.
Well, apparently someone at Sony reads this forum because the Game Library now has pagination. And still no search feature, so you get to click through page by page to try to find anything. Not even any way to sort by title or date or anything, so literally stuck just aimlessly clicking through dozens of pages. Wonderful.

Your point is fine overall, but this wasn't the issue at hand, was it? I don't think Sony ever said your purchases were going away. You just can't buy new stuff (which is now changed).
Oh, maybe I misunderstood- I thought they were, literally, shutting down the stores meaning you can't re-download stuff you've already purchased. My bad.

Still makes you wonder, at some point... they might actually literally shut down those stores.

I looked and the PS3 was released in 2006. I do think eventually all these older generation system store will have to close down eventually. 

Let's hope they realized that keeping their previous store operable is a necessary cost to give people confidence that the stuff they are buying on the current store won't disappear some day. If they are just delaying the shut down by a year or two to a point where less people will care then they might as well tell us when.

What's funny is after the physical media started exploding in price I thought I might as well appraise my ps3 collection, see if there's enough there for an FHA down payment.

Now I'm wondering if I ought to bother.

Thanks I already own it but it’s better to play digitally I ain’t trying to stand up to insert and eject a disc.

Anyway I checked monster hunter from ps collection and when I go to my library it shows Iceborn edition. Does that mean I just got iceborn edition for free?!?!
Nope. You only have the regular edition. They replaced the regular icon with the Iceborne one.

Thanks I already own it but it’s better to play digitally I ain’t trying to stand up to insert and eject a disc.
Anyway I checked monster hunter from ps collection and when I go to my library it shows Iceborn edition. Does that mean I just got iceborn edition for free?!?!
No. You have to pay to access the DLC. They just keep one version to streamline everything. If you play Street Fighter V, it'll also say Champion Edition even though you only have the base content.

When Sony announced the closure of PS3 and PS Vita stores, I made a list of the games and DLC I wanted to buy across the 5 consoles, finalized it, and then started purchasing them, all at full price. Took me about a week but I just wanted to get it over with and get ahead of any possible unexpected hiccups and delistings should they occur. So I didn't actually panic buy, but I was still under a false impression that an impending shutdown was near. I think I spent about $735 in total for all of them. 

Now I'm just shocked and dismayed when I heard the news today. The money I spent is not lifechanging, but it could go a long way towards not having to worry about expenses for awhile. I didn't expect a corporation to actually reverse course on this. I thought this was more akin to Nintendo's virtual console situation than Microsoft.

Is there any recourse that I am able to pursue over this?  :cry:

When Sony announced the closure of PS3 and PS Vita stores, I made a list of the games and DLC I wanted to buy across the 5 consoles, finalized it, and then started purchasing them, all at full price. Took me about a week but I just wanted to get it over with and get ahead of any possible unexpected hiccups and delistings should they occur. So I didn't actually panic buy, but I was still under a false impression that an impending shutdown was near. I think I spent about $735 in total for all of them.

Now I'm just shocked and dismayed when I heard the news today. The money I spent is not lifechanging, but it could go a long way towards not having to worry about expenses for awhile. I didn't expect a corporation to actually reverse course on this. I thought this was more akin to Nintendo's virtual console situation than Microsoft.

Is there any recourse that I am able to pursue over this? :cry:
Better call Saul Goodman.

Complain to customer service? You may get a gift card out of it or something.

Reach out to Customer Service here --> https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/contact-us/

Here is their policy on the matter --> https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/playstation-store-cancellation-policy/

I think you have an uphill battle ahead of you, but I wish you luck.

You did something idiotic what recourse are you expecting? If you couldn't afford to blow $700 on videogames then you shouldn't have. Take it as a life lesson.

In an industry where you can be made or broken by good will, Jim Ryan is eroding it almost as bad as Don Mattrick did for Xbox. I believe if he remains the head of PlayStation this entire generation, Xbox will be back to 360 levels of competing with PlayStation, he is that bad for the brand.

That's how it usually works with sony.  They have a good generation then screw up the next one for a while. Granted supply issues with the ps5 aren't helping. Though it's been building on negative publicity/decisions for a while now since them and nintendo decided to switch places on censorship values. 

In an industry where you can be made or broken by good will, Jim Ryan is eroding it almost as bad as Don Mattrick did for Xbox. I believe if he remains the head of PlayStation this entire generation, Xbox will be back to 360 levels of competing with PlayStation, he is that bad for the brand.
I think it still too early to tell about Jim Ryan. He's not Jack Tretton or Shawn Layden for sure, but I feel he doesn't need to be them if he can continue to help and lead the Sony Studios to release the same type of games that we saw in the past few years. The games we saw in 2020 alone was insane.

Xbox 360 started out very strong because of their great lineup of games that they had, which later fizzled out near the end of that generation, because they failed to develop new impactful IP at the end of the 360 and the entire Xbox one era. In terms of first party games I thought the 360 games were way better than the Xbox One games.

I feel like it is the game that make the brand not the head of the studio.

How do I know what PS3 games I own are PS+, and which I actually own?
If you happened to ever let your PS+ expire, then the date you renewed it will reissue all your PS+ purchases on that date. So they will all show as purchased in your download list on that date. The only other way I know of checking is to have the game downloaded, click triangle, go to info and see if the game says it will expire. If it has an expiration date it’s obviously a PS+.
BEFORE the nincomboobs coding the new PlayStation web store (while the old site was still around as default, or with the "psapp" backdoor), you could still use PSDLE to grab the ENTIRE purchase library (including themes, avatars, PS3, Vita, and PSP). Hopefully if you've ever run a PSDLE report and still have it lying around, that could isolate which content was given freely by PS+. Nowadays PSDLE only has access to your PS4 full title purchases on the "playstation.com" site, but there's still 1 other way to grab that list ...

In Chrome ... head to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com , click on "Transactions", and either find the date you renewed your PS+ subscription, or navigate the dates until you find hundreds of transactions on the same date in 2020. Anything among those transactions upon that 1 date will be your PS+ free content.

Or if you're lazy, you might searching for emails from "PlayStation <[email protected]>" or "Sony Entertainment Network <[email protected]>" and see what emails include the text "$0.00". :lol:

I feel like it is the game that make the brand not the head of the studio.

Gotta disagree with this. Anyone who thinks Don Mattrick and crew didn't doom the XBox One to getting trounced in sales by the PS4 wasn't paying attention. The competition was over months before it started and it wasn't because of Knack or Drive Club.

Well, it's not like Sony isn't going to ever kill the ps3 store, they are just going to wait till all the fury dies down, and then it'll just be closed one day. Now if they suddenly put the games on sale again, I'd be pissed but otherwise this is just delaying the inevitable.

Just had to get all those bikini costumes, huh?

bread's done
Back