Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I want to say sorry, because I think if I hadn't made a remark, it never would have gone so off-topic. I am also sorry because I really enjoyed hearing thoughts/opinions. Didn't meant to cause stress for anyone and don't want to ruin CAG for anyone, but I did enjoy it.

About 200,000 people move out of California per year. That's the equivalent of losing the entire population of a decent-sized town every year. And they all seem to move here to Colorado, driving up rent and home prices, and then continue voting for the exact same kind of scumbag politicians that caused them to flee their old state like refugees. I guess I am just tired of seeing hybrids with California plates drive by every minute here. They don't even bother getting new plates when they move here lol. Sorry for derailing the thread, I wasn't going to say anything else, just irked by this comment in particular. I have no desire to revisit California and don't care about how expensive it is, but just want you all to stop migrating here in mass numbers if California is so wonderful. Also, it would be nice if your state's massive inept government bureaucracies filled with unqualified cronies could get a handle on those wildfires that keep ruining our air quality over here every summer, that would just be wonderful, thanks.
I also just want to say that this is a problem in many places and is something we have to look at (in my view) at a national level. There are mass migrations all over. Many of the huge amounts who moved to California then move to Denver, or... to Boise. That's right; in Boise, people say, "I wish all these damn people from California would stop moving here, because it has driven up costs." And it has! Not a knock of California people, or anyone-- just the opposite, I'm trying to say this is a bigger issue. If a "low-income" person in California takes their money to Boise before this happened, they can get a lot more for it. But enough people do that, and Boise changes. Actually, lots of folks moved where I am, too, for jobs, NOT because it is a popular place. :p It brought many great things with it, but it made it a mess here, too. I am not trying to one-up or compare, not knocking anyone either. Again, just saying this is a big issue happening many places.

Frankly, I'd love to find a great place to move, too. People in California, Washington state, Colorado, Boise, New Mexico-- they will all say "Okay, but for god sake, DON'T move here!"

I want to move somewhere more sparsely populated, so I am unlikely to irritate anyone when I arrive (I hope).

Sorry for all that. That was just in general, not for you specifically. I know possibly no one will read it. Shrug!

Sadly, no. Houston. Anyone have thoughts on that area?
Yeah! I don't have many good thoughts, though. :p Sorry! I have friends there and have visited. They are able to do decently, however, so they don't have the issues. it sure is a strange place though. I'd love to narrate if it didn't offend. I also have friends in the Ft. Worth area I have not visited (I think), and they have similar issues, where it takes what I'd consider a huge income just to afford to live at all. My buddy makes $60k out of school at age 23. I was his advisor, plenty older than him, and the most I've ever made is $30k. I am nowhere near that now. From my perspective, he has done incredible! Yet we are both in the same boat of financial insecurity, paycheck to paycheck, trying to figure out a sustainable life. The person who said they were sick of working 30 hours per week and not being able to make it, I feel the same. Some jobs were more like 50-60 hours, for even less pay. Makes a person sort of give up (luckily I do not have kids)

And that's why people migrate around, often without enough knowledge to understand the choice they're making. But as long as it greases the money wheels, no one is going to try to solve these sorts of issues very hard.

SORRY AGAIN to all for derailing. Obv. if I were really sorry I'd stfu now, so sorry for that too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Houston is my area and I can honestly say it's expensive-ish to live here and the costs of housing is very bad. I live the apartment life, but I've looked at housing prices and some areas are very expensive and the cheaper ones are probably not in areas you want to be.

Houston is my area and I can honestly say it's expensive-ish to live here and the costs of housing is very bad. I live the apartment life, but I've looked at housing prices and some areas are very expensive and the cheaper ones are probably not in areas you want to be.
Isn’t that literally every city in the world?

Anyone have any thoughts on Biomutant? After RE7 I need a break from that horror shit before I start RE8 lol
The trailers are fucking beautiful, but then I have to remember to reign my expectations in because THQNordic is the publisher and most of their releases are mid tier. I’ll watch some let’s plays or streams in the meantime until there’s a sale.

Isn’t that literally every city in the world?
My current job is with real estate in the houston area. Massive under supply has led to unreal market change over the last 6 months. properties are being sold 15-20k above listing prices and they're still gone in 4-5 avg days on market. May be similar in some cities, but not most places.

To a recent ontopic question, i'll agree that ff type0 hd looks pretty bad. But the critical issue for was being stuck with a camera system designed for psp. Couldn't play it. I ended up just watching the cutscenes.

My current job is with real estate in the houston area. Massive under supply has led to unreal market change over the last 6 months. properties are being sold 15-20k above listing prices and they're still gone in 4-5 avg days on market. May be similar in some cities, but not most places.

To a recent ontopic question, i'll agree that ff type0 hd looks pretty bad. But the critical issue for was being stuck with a camera system designed for psp. Couldn't play it. I ended up just watching the cutscenes.
That would really annoy me. If there wasn't a camera update, I'll pass on it. Thanks for that!

tenor.gif

About 200,000 people move out of California per year. That's the equivalent of losing the entire population of a decent-sized town every year. And they all seem to move here to Colorado, driving up rent and home prices, and then continue voting for the exact same kind of scumbag politicians that caused them to flee their old state like refugees. I guess I am just tired of seeing hybrids with California plates drive by every minute here. They don't even bother getting new plates when they move here lol. Sorry for derailing the thread, I wasn't going to say anything else, just irked by this comment in particular. I have no desire to revisit California and don't care about how expensive it is, but just want you all to stop migrating here in mass numbers if California is so wonderful. Also, it would be nice if your state's massive inept government bureaucracies filled with unqualified cronies could get a handle on those wildfires that keep ruining our air quality over here every summer, that would just be wonderful, thanks.
C’mon now… we also move to Oregon!

I think it literally is PSP graphics on a big screen.
A good adjective to use to describe the graphics on a big screen is...JARRING. The parts that they remastered (or whatever they did) look decent for uprezzed PSP graphics aren't bad, but there are too many things that weren't uprezzed.

That said, I showed a buddy of mine the cutscene where
Alexander is summoned
and he immediately went halfsies with me on buying the game. :)

Even though the FF-0 is PSP graphics, it's playable.  It is jarring because it's marketed as an HD PS4 game but many many games have much worse graphics.  Maybe if it was all the PSP level of graphics, I wouldn't have been bothered.

It was technologically doable and economically feasible for Square Enix to release a PHYSICAL edition of this game (since that's what I own).

It is likely that many PSP games could be released digitally and sold even if they weren't upscaled.

People buy the Atari and Genesis and Arcade games and we accept that's the limitation of the graphics.

I would be fine if all PSP games were playable on the big screen via PS4 or 5 via emulation and I'd deal with the graphics.

There is virtually no reason this can't actually be done.

I live in a small city on the southern border of Seattle and houses here sell for between 50-100k over asking price, and the further into Seattle you go the crazier things get. Within city limits houses are regularly selling for 100k over asking and in some neighborhoods it can go as high as a million. And we're not talking about luxury homes--there are homes selling for 700-800k that are freaking dumps. We just accepted an offer on our house and it sold for over double what we paid for it in 2014. Obviously that's good for us, but it all balances out when you consider that the next place we get is just going to be that much more expensive. At this point we're planning to move far away from the city in order to be able to afford a decent place.

Regarding the recent Biomutant posts--I've come very close to pre-ordering but I've resisted because A) there's plenty of other stuff to play right now and B) the combat doesn't seem like it has much impact. Everything is so floaty and it doesn't look very satisfying. Will wait for impressions and discounts for that one. Speaking of discounts, I'm really hoping for a decent price on TLOU2 in the upcoming sale. Excited to try the new PS5 patch.

I left California in 2008 because I couldn't afford to live on my own on what I made working 30 hours a week.

Like, the choices were roommates or live with my parents in perpetuity.

Neither was appealing, so I moved to the Midwest. I miss being able to go to Dodger games on a whim, yes, but my standard of living is higher now than it would have been at any time in the last 13 years in CA.
There are eleven MLB teams in the Midwest, and only five in California (in about the same amount of area). If you're into baseball, you can have your fill in the Midwest. Maybe you just chose a crappy city in the Midwest? Are you in Iowa or something?

I've never watched so much baseball or been around so many baseball fans as the time I've spent in the Midwest. Even more than living in NYC.

Honestly the same is true of any sport. The Midwest has by far the largest share of NFL (eleven) and NBA (seven) teams, and it is second only to the East Coast for NHL teams (eight). And that's ignoring the popularity and quality of college sports in the Midwest.

There are eleven MLB teams in the Midwest, and only five in California (in about the same amount of area). If you're into baseball, you can have your fill in the Midwest. Maybe you just chose a crappy city in the Midwest? Are you in Iowa or something?

I've never watched so much baseball or been around so many baseball fans as the time I've spent in the Midwest. Even more than living in NYC.

Honestly the same is true of any sport. The Midwest has by far the largest share of NFL (eleven) and NBA (seven) teams, and it is second only to the East Coast for NHL teams (eight). And that's ignoring the popularity and quality of college sports in the Midwest.
It's not a dearth of baseball. It's, specifically, Dodger baseball. :whistle2:D

They only come to Milwaukee once a year, and while there are other Midwest MLB teams, some of them are AL and some aren't really day trips.

There is an embarrassing amount of baseball to be had here, but Dodger baseball requires planning now. Whereas, in CA, I literally got out of class one day and went "fuck it, I'm going to Opening Day." I could DO that, there.

Less so, here.

Also: Green Bay. I don't know about "shitty," but this entire state defines itself by Packer success and sports coverage is 99% NFL no matter the calendar date.

Also: Green Bay. I don't know about "shitty," but this entire state defines itself by Packer success and sports coverage is 99% NFL no matter the calendar date.
I was just complaining to a friend about that the other day. I used to be a huge Packer fan and now I just laugh at how ridiculously everyone gets sucked into it.

Not paying attention to football has really opened up my weekends in the fall and that's been a good thing for the family.

Looks like Biomutant is a hot turd. Glad I didn't download it.
Depends on who you ask.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/review-biomutant-629980.phtml

8/10

[Biomutant's] just got a lot of loose screws, which is horrifying to see on a roller coaster, but not quite the same omen of death in a video game. I think the team did the best they could putting all the little pieces together, and the amount of content that resulted is dizzying for a bargain priced title developed by a small team. I honestly think that Biomutant's potential isn’t going to be fully realized until a sequel, spiritual or otherwise, but what’s here is perfectly entertaining.
I had a lot of trouble tearing myself away from Biomutant, and a lot of my grievances didn’t really surface until I’d finished it and had time to digest. Before that, I was absorbed in exploring its well-designed world, plumbing ruins, collecting dopey looking mounts, and dressing like I just survived a landfill explosion. There are some unwanted mutations in its genes, but they're covered in fur and easy to overlook.
https://www.psu.com/reviews/biomutant-review-ps4/

8.5/10

Biomutant is a fun title with some amazing visuals and a huge open world to explore. Experiment 101 have gone out of their way to make you feel like you're a first-time visitor to an unknown landscape. Though its morality system leaves a lot to be desired there is plenty here to enjoy. Despite suffering from some technical issues, none of it hindered me from pouring hours and hours into the game. If you're looking for something fresh, unique, and exciting, Biomutant is a brand new IP that you should play.
Currently sitting at a 68% average on Metacritic after 39 reviews: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/biomutant?ref=hp

I'll play it someday, but I wouldn't pay $60 for it.

Biomutant dev burner account confirmed

It ain’t just the two people saying the game isn’t good. Plus the Metacritic is around a 60. Hey if it saves me $60, I’m cool with it

Biomutant dev burner account confirmed

It ain’t just the two people saying the game isn’t good. Plus the Metacritic is around a 60. Hey if it saves me $60, I’m cool with it
Well, it ain’t just two people saying it’s good either. See a 9.5 and a bunch of 8s on the higher end… 4s on the lower end.

Scores are all over the place.

Read the reviews instead of just looking at the scores and see if what they say is something that's going to bother you.

Personally I think some of the complaints from the reviewers are weird. Biomutant has "bad boss fights" but RE8 had "amazing boss fights." OK. Ok, that's all I can say after my 4th RE8 run: ok.

Read the reviews instead of just looking at the scores and see if what they say is something that's going to bother you.

Personally I think some of the complaints from the reviewers are weird. Biomutant has "bad boss fights" but RE8 had "amazing boss fights." OK. Ok, that's all I can say after my 4th RE8 run: ok.
I agree. Find a reviewer whose views you mostly align with and like and listen to their pros and cons. Don’t look at a score from some nobody on Metacritic/Opencritic and expect to form an opinion off of that.

With Biomutant the reviews I’ve read and watched all say it’s a big world with nothing in it. An even less populated Ubisoft style open world. I already dislike the bloat and tediousness of Ubi’s games, so I will most likely dislike Biomutant. I may try it one day if it’s free to me, but until then I’ll happily keep my money in my pocket.

It's not a dearth of baseball. It's, specifically, Dodger baseball. :whistle2:D

They only come to Milwaukee once a year, and while there are other Midwest MLB teams, some of them are AL and some aren't really day trips.

There is an embarrassing amount of baseball to be had here, but Dodger baseball requires planning now. Whereas, in CA, I literally got out of class one day and went "fuck it, I'm going to Opening Day." I could DO that, there.

Less so, here.

Twins are AL, but are the Cubs more than a day trip from Green Bay?

I spent time in Wisconsin but never got up to Green Bay. Where I was, I definitely heard more about Badgers (football and even more so basketball) and the Brewers than anything else. Lots of Cubs fans too. And soccer fans, even. But surprisingly little NFL, honestly the average bar patron I met would laugh off football or say something something Ray Rice. To be honest I would have liked to meet a few more NFL fans because I like watching Aaron Rodgers play.

Plenty of Bucks fans too. I ran into Jason Kidd on two separate occasions.

A bar friend of mine was from Green Bay and didn't have many good things to say, he also said the Packers was the only thing people there cared about, although he admits that having been convicted on a minor marijuana possession charge up there soured him on the town.

Off topic, I just decided I want to be a professional video game reviewer.

However, I want to skip to the part where I just take bribes to make games be 9's.

I need to figure out how to do that. 

I don't want to actually review games and build a reputation and then become a shill.

I want to start at the taking bribes level.

Also, they might have to pay for a website to post the reviews.

I'm just going to send the various companies tweets and see if I get any takers.

I should probably make it DM's so other people don't catch on.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Off topic, I just decided I want to be a professional video game reviewer.

However, I want to skip to the part where I just take bribes to make games be 9's.

I need to figure out how to do that.

I don't want to actually review games and build a reputation and then become a shill.

I want to start at the taking bribes level.

Also, they might have to pay for a website to post the reviews.

I'm just going to send the various companies tweets and see if I get any takers.

I should probably make it DM's so other people don't catch on.

Anyone have any suggestions?
YouTube?

Glad I didn’t pre order biomutant now that reviews are out and got a 6/10, I expect price drops
My approach is to ignore reviews and wait until folks here that pre-ordered it share their thoughts. My mindset right now is to wait until it's on sale. I used to hang my hat on reviews from different sites, I gave that up long ago though. I typically find that games that reviewers give high praise to I don't like and games they don't like I do like.

To attend a Dodgers game, I meant.
Ah... gotcha.

I stopped taking my kids to Brewers/Cubs games due to the massive amount of Cubs fans that screamed obscenities at my kids just for wearing Brewers gear... at a game in Milwaukee.

Easily some of my least favorite sporting events.

bread's done
Back