Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
From what was reported in that article, they said another major Japanese studio is working on another Silient Hill game. I haven’t played Medium yet but I thought that game looks interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what was reported in that article, they said another major Japanese studio is working on another Silient Hill game. I haven’t played Medium yet but I thought that game looks interesting.
I very much enjoyed it. It dragged a little bit in some sections but overall a good game, solid 8/10 in my opinion.

I hate inventory and ammo management in survival horror games, so The Medium really scratched that itch well. Wasn't perfect of course, but as a Silent Hill-adjacent game, it was a good first effort.

Black Desert is the deal of the week:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/f65229a4-503b-4811-8930-58fec83ae298/1

3D MiniGolf got a PS5 "remaster" that increased the price by 150% to $24.99:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1643-PPSA03647_00-3DMINIGOLFPS50US

It's currently on sale for $0.74 on Steam with a $4.99 normal price. $19.99 on Switch.

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus is out now with a 10% discount for PS+ members until 7/8:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0604-PPSA03732_00-DOKIDOKILITCLUBP

CrossCode got a free PS5 upgrade for those that own it on PS4:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0895-PPSA03235_00-3376510518243321

Fascinating read. Respect the guy for going public about it, hopefully he doesn't get sued into oblivion.
I'm surprised that Platform Y is easier to get discounts on though, as I've found Platform X tends to have more robust sales with deeper discounts (though the sales do seem to recycle the same titles).
I've been in the thread for Platform Y sales for a long time and people in there complain that the sale prices for Platform X are always better, but then I come into the thread for Platform X sales and there are complaints in there too.

I watched a play through of The Medium.  The writing/story and the way they handled trauma/abuse in that game is so terrible that I have no expectations for a Bloober made Silent Hill game other than it will look good.

Did they remove the "My Playstation" section from the PSN website? I used to use that to keep track of when friends were online, so I would know to either join my friends in a voice chat, or when to avoid getting on because I'd be spammed with invites. Plus it was cool to keep track of trophies without having my console on. 

I know I can just use the PS app on my phone, but it was just easier and faster for me to check a web page.

So that plague tale is definitely the ps5 version and not a PS4 that needs an upgrade? I might have to play it again just to see the improvements

So, I finally scored a PS5 and am now looking to offload my PS4 pro. I recently upgraded the hdd to a 1 TB ssd and repasted and changed out the thermal pads. What do y'all think would be a reasonable price to sell it at? 3-350? Should I ask for more?

I've looked at FB marketplace and OfferUp and there are price points all over the place. Thanks for any insights.
I'm on the same boat except my disc drive is iffy which is apparently a common issue with PS4 Pros. Also debating if I should keep it to stream my PS5 to a different room but I'm sure I'll never do that. I already have an Xbox One in my bedroom that never gets used.

Finished Rift Apart which is my current game of the year.
I platinumed it tonight. I did an initial impression of the game a couple pages back, and I have to say the game did improve once you got to play as Rivet. The multiverse stuff was just beyond cool and the planet design was pretty incredible especially the ones with the crystals, I won't say more to not spoil. The Clank puzzles were fun, I just wish they had fleshed them out more like they did in the "Future series." I still stand by the Glitch mini game as being the weakest part of the game. All that said, It Takes Two is still my game of the year, but this is easily top 5 for sure.

So they (Sony) are going to charge us an additional $10 to upgrade Ghost of Tsushima to the PS5 version after you buy the expansion for Directors Cut on PS4 for $20. Sony is really pushing it with this. Why can't we just buy the expansion and then receive a free upgrade?

I just started Ghosts and I glad I did its an amazing game and just so well done.

I will probably buy the expansion for the PS4 version and just skip the PS5 upgrade.

The game runs and plays great on my PS5 right now no real need to pay for an upgrade.

I completely agree that the added $10 for the PS5 version is dumb, especially when there was a free patch to boost the fps to 60. $30 seems like a lot for some DLC, and I loved GoT…

Sony said they are not closing Vita and PS3, but they are still closing PSP today/tomorrow. We'll find out shortly.
Is this still correct? I still can't find out anything about it except old articles and that one blog post from Sony. I really need to know if there's a date attached for the PS3 and Vita and am just curious if there was any news about it that I missed. If anyone really knows, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Excited for this:

https://twitter.com/SuckerPunchProd/status/1410629614620184579

Iki Island

If you’re a history buff, you may know that in addition to Tsushima, the neighboring island of Iki was also invaded during this time period. Today we’re excited to reveal that a whole new chapter in Jin’s journey is coming and will take place on Iki. In this new story, Jin travels to the island to investigate rumors of a Mongol presence. But soon, he finds himself caught up in events with deeply personal stakes that will force him to relive some traumatic moments from his past.

We’ll have more to share about the story of Iki soon, but today we can confirm that beyond a whole new story and new characters, this new island also features tons of new content including brand new environments to explore, new armor for Jin as well as his horse, new mini-games, new techniques, new enemy types, and much more. There are even new animals to pet!

On both platforms, Director’s Cut will also offer new Trophies to unlock for the new Iki content.

PS5 exclusive features

We’ve heard your feedback about the lack of Japanese lip sync in the original version of Ghost of Tsushima, and it’s something we worked hard to address in this new release. Thanks to the PS5’s ability to render cinematics in real time, cutscenes in Ghost of Tsushima and on Iki Island on PS5 will now offer lip sync for Japanese voice over.

We’re also happy to confirm that Ghost of Tsushima, Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, and the new Iki Island expansion will all take advantage of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the Director’s Cut. There will also be enhancements to 3D audio* on PS5, as well as drastically improved load times, 4K resolution options** and framerates targeting 60 FPS.

Transferring your progress

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, you’ll be able to transfer your save to PS5 to pick up where you left off. For new players, the new Iki Island content will be available beginning in Act 2 of Ghost of Tsushima, after you’ve made your way to the Toyotama region.

Other updates

Alongside the Director’s Cut, anyone who already owns Ghost of Tsushima will be able to download a patch containing some new updates. Once again, many of these updates are directly thanks to the constant stream of feedback you’ve been providing us since launch, which we’re extremely appreciative of.

All players will receive a patch with some new accessibility options for alternate controller layouts, as well as the option to enable a target lock-on during combat. And for the person who tweets at us all the time asking for an option to hide your quiver during gameplay: yes, we’ll be adding that, too!

Finally, for Ghost of Tsushima: Legends fans, we’ll also be releasing some new updates, including an all-new mode that we’re excited to detail in the weeks to come. All Ghost of Tsushima: Legends*** updates will be available at no additional charge to owners of any version of Ghost of Tsushima on either platform.

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4:

• You can pre-order an upgrade to Director’s Cut on PS4 for $19.99 USD. This upgrade will become available starting on August 20.
Starting on August 20:

• If you bought Director’s Cut PS4, you’ll be able to upgrade to Director’s Cut PS5 at any time for $9.99 USD
  • You can also upgrade directly (from original Ghost of Tsushima PS4) to Director’s Cut on PS5 for $29.99 USD

Imagine thinking your game is special enough to charge $30 for a piece of DLC bundled with quality of life adjustments and general game enhancements. Ghosts of Tsushima was a pretty but relatively boring open world game. I can’t imagine paying $30 for the content listed. I haven’t upgraded to the PS5 version, so maybe that will change my mind … but in a world where more interesting games like Sekiro exist, GoT just felt dull imo.

Imagine thinking your game is special enough to charge $30 for a piece of DLC bundled with quality of life adjustments and general game enhancements. Ghosts of Tsushima was a pretty but relatively boring open world game. I can’t imagine paying $30 for the content listed. I haven’t upgraded to the PS5 version, so maybe that will change my mind … but in a world where more interesting games like Sekiro exist, GoT just felt dull imo.
Well, you can’t upgrade to the PS5 version without paying the $30 for the DLC and upgrade fee. I have been holding off playing more until the PS5 version comes but $30 is steep. I don’t really want the new content yet.

It all has to do with that $70 price tag and Sony having to do something to keep people from just buying the cheaper PS4 versions with a free upgrade. Proof is Sackboy, which launched for $60 on PS4 and PS5, and the PS4 version comes with a free PS5 upgrade.

I hate the idea of it, but Sony did this to themselves with the cross-gen $60/70 prices.

Correct. Right now the base price is $40, so the $20 for the upgrade makes it a $60 package versus the $70 complete PS5 version. Nobody is making them sell the next-gen version for $70 though. It's greed, pure and simple.

Do they usually include expansions in those upgrades? I thought those were just basic visual upgrades, but I haven't seen any of their update logs to see what all was added to them.
Sure. Gears 5 had a nice expansion added with it. And that upgrade was far from “basic”. It was a huge upgrade. 120 FPS
multiplayer and easily one of the best looking next gen games on either console.

Not part of the upgrade (which was free) but Sea of Thieves just released a big new expansion for free as well.

It’s also not the DLC expansion people are complaining about. It’s the $10 on top of that $20 DC fee.

Sure. Gears 5 had a nice expansion added with it. And that upgrade was far from “basic”. It was a huge upgrade. 120 FPS
multiplayer and easily one of the best looking next gen games on either console.

Not part of the upgrade (which was free) but Sea of Thieves just released a big new expansion for free as well.

It’s also not the DLC expansion people are complaining about. It’s the $10 on top of that $20 DC fee.
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/11/10/gears-5-relaunches-on-xbox-series-xs-and-drops-bombs-with-wwes-batista-as-marcus/

Weird. I'm not seeing an expansion mentioned in the upgrade. Just Dave Bautista being a skin for the MC. Was that later? I'm not asking about free content post upgrade launch or whatever, just for the upgrade/update for the new console. I have an Xbox Series S, so none of the upgrades have really stood out as a huge to me even though HDR only just started working in the past few months.

I'm not talking about money stuff, as I'd prefer for people that don't want any new content to get it for free beyond the PS5 update they've already put out for it. I'm excited about a new expansion for my favorite game last year, so that seems fair to me for the extra content.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/11/10/gears-5-relaunches-on-xbox-series-xs-and-drops-bombs-with-wwes-batista-as-marcus/

Weird. I'm not seeing an expansion mentioned in the upgrade. Just Dave Bautista being a skin for the MC. Was that later? I'm not asking about free content post upgrade launch or whatever, just for the upgrade/update for the new console. I have an Xbox Series S, so none of the upgrades have really stood out as a huge to me even though HDR only just started working in the past few months.

I'm not talking about money stuff, as I'd prefer for people that don't want any new content to get it for free beyond the PS5 update they've already put out for it. I'm excited about a new expansion for my favorite game last year, so that seems fair to me for the extra content.
The 'free' expansions that have been released for Gears are free to Game Pass subscribers, everyone else has to pay. As for the X|S upgrades those are free to anyone who has the game be it digital or physical.

Well, you can’t upgrade to the PS5 version without paying the $30 for the DLC and upgrade fee. I have been holding off playing more until the PS5 version comes but $30 is steep. I don’t really want the new content yet.
My understanding is the base game is a free upgrade, but if you want the “directors cut” which includes the expansion, then you have to pay $30. So technically you can see how it runs on PS5, but you won’t have the latest improvements, beyond the dlc … which is my sticking point. Charge $30 for the DLC if it’s worth $30 … but don’t put things like better lip syncing behind a pay wall … that’s bad business imo.

Edit - I guess earlier articles mentioned the free upgrade, but that has been superseded by the Directors Cut announcement … which I guess means I’ll keep trying to sell my sealed copy since I didn’t enjoy the game that much when I rented it from GF.

The 'free' expansions that have been released for Gears are free to Game Pass subscribers, everyone else has to pay. As for the X|S upgrades those are free to anyone who has the game be it digital or physical.
You’re right. I thought it was free for everyone.

Anyway, as mentioned before it’s not the DLC cost. It’s just having to pay $10 more for the PS5 upgrade.

Oh well, it is what it is.

$30 is a bit much for me to bite. I beat the original Ghosts, and it's well worth playing, but I'm not sure all the great sounding upgrades and an extra island are worth $30.

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1410693467936808964
CAG twitter with the jokes.

All the X/ S upgrades are free for Microsoft 1st party games and they don’t require buying an expansion or special edition.

The PS5 upgrade is ONLY available if you buy the $20 expansion, too. This is the same greedy route that Square went with FFVII remake.

This is bullshit plain and simple and I’ve been a PlayStation gamer since day 1 so no Xbox fanboy here. I will not be falling for this and it leaves a very sour taste.

All the X/ S upgrades are free for Microsoft 1st party games and they don’t require buying an expansion or special edition.

The PS5 upgrade is ONLY available if you buy the $20 expansion, too. This is the same greedy route that Square went with FFVII remake.

This is bullshit plain and simple and I’ve been a PlayStation gamer since day 1 so no Xbox fanboy here. I will not be falling for this and it leaves a very sour taste.
Square let’s you upgrade to the ps5 version with no charge, you just don’t get the dlc chapters.

Huh? The PS5 upgrade of FF7R is completely free as long as you have a non-PS+ version of the game. All you have to do with FF is buy the expansion, which is totally fair considering it's a whole new thing.

That isn't what Ghost is doing, wish it was though. I have no problem paying for the dlc, but not interested in paying for a PS5 upgrade.

I will have to wait for a price drop for Ghost.  $70 is a lot and this is coming from someone who paid $70 for FFVII PS5

With FF7, it's still $60 MSRP so I guess Squeenix though they weren't losing much money allowing it to upgrade for free. Especially when you keep in mind that PS4 owners have to buy Intermission for $20 separately, meaning that PS4/PS5 owners pay an extra $10 over PS5 only owners (theoretically anyway).
GoT is $40 MSRP so Sony probably thought they were losing too much potential money allowing a free upgrade, assuming that most people wouldn't bother buying the $20 expansion. Once they're making sure people are buying the expansion, they figure they might as well make people pay the PS5 tax.
Which again, is 100% their choice. As mentioned before, Xbox games have a free upgrade, but what wasn't mentioned is that first-party Series S/X games don't retail for $70 in the first place.

Got an email from Sony announcing the Plus games for July.
Call of Duty: BlOps IIII (PS4)
WWE 2K Battlegrounds (PS4)
and as predicted, A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS5)
Battlegrounds is on PSNow so meh. BlOps 4 has no campaign and is 2 CoDs old so also meh. Plague Tale would be good if it included the PS4 version. :wall:
Edit: My bad. I see Frisky posted it, tweet must not have loaded for me. Guess no one else cared enough to really discuss the games. :bouncy:

i think this is just what it looks like when you have games people want to buy. sony wouldn't do this if people weren't willing to pay. i mean you guys are comparing sony games that came out last year to 2 to 3 year old xbox games. of course the upgrades are free because its just more diversion from the fact that xbox hasn't released anything. i dont care either way, i have gamepass for my series x so i never buy an xbox game again and wait til the price is right for the playstation 5 exclusives I want to play.

bread's done
Back