Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Got an email from Sony announcing the Plus games for July.
Call of Duty: BlOps IIII (PS4)
WWE 2K Battlegrounds (PS4)
and as predicted, A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS5)
Battlegrounds is on PSNow so meh. BlOps 4 has no campaign and is 2 CoDs old so also meh. Plague Tale would be good if it included the PS4 version. :wall:
Edit: My bad. I see Frisky posted it, tweet must not have loaded for me. Guess no one else cared enough to really discuss the games. :bouncy:
I posted one post below his for those that couldn't get the Tweet to load.

All the X/ S upgrades are free for Microsoft 1st party games and they don’t require buying an expansion or special edition.

The PS5 upgrade is ONLY available if you buy the $20 expansion, too. This is the same greedy route that Square went with FFVII remake.

This is bullshit plain and simple and I’ve been a PlayStation gamer since day 1 so no Xbox fanboy here. I will not be falling for this and it leaves a very sour taste.
You’re a PlayStation gamer since day 1, you complain but you remain. I think they’re fine with their business model and your temporary hurt feelings as you stay around and loyal.

You’re a PlayStation gamer since day 1, you complain but you remain. I think they’re fine with their business model and your temporary hurt feelings as you stay around and loyal.
Or it could just be that he won’t be buying the upgrade…

There are ways to stay “loyal” and still not give into practices you don’t like.

Paid upgrades do suck but I guess it's better than no upgrades at all. Ghosts and Death Stranding are now confirmed but what about other titles? The Last of Us Part II is probably next but I'm guessing it's too late for Horizon with the sequel being so close, Bend's desire to make a Day's Gone sequel was shot down so why bother and God of War is probably too old at this point to get an upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
GameFly is the answer to these $70 games.  I'll never pay that much for a game, not even for a gold crystal platinum edition directors cut.

GameFly is the answer to these $70 games. I'll never pay that much for a game, not even for a gold crystal platinum edition directors cut.
just got done with Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, still have Mass Effect Legendary, and have Mario Golf on the way, really happy with gamefly. It seems like there are less people using it though, as new releases seem to always have high availability. also, gift certificates are back!

I remain but that doesn’t mean I’ll fall for this stupid cash grab, and will be less motivated to buy a Sony product at retail rather than buying it used where they make nothing. We buy their $500 system and $60 games and then get gouged by this ridiculous shit? Go ahead and play into it so that they’ll keep gouging you.

And my reference to Square was due to the not only not upgrading the Plus version of FFVII but not even providing a path other than buying the entire game outright. I’ll happily play at 30 FPS or buy a used copy rather than give them a dime.

I will have to wait for a price drop for Ghost. $70 is a lot and this is coming from someone who paid $70 for FFVII PS5

Wait for a sale, that's all you have to do.
When was the last time Sony had a good sale? I'll give you a hint, it's been years. Ghost of Tsushima has never even gone lower than 70% yet. You'll be waiting years to see any substantial savings from a sale.

I got my copy of Ghost of Tsushima for $20 at Walmart last November and another one last week for $10 at Sony Direct.

What is there to rent on Gamefly? Between Game Pass, PS Plus, and PS Now, there are too many games to play as is. Btw, here are the suspected PS Now games for July: Judgement (3 months), RDR2 (4 months), Nioh 2, Moving Out.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationNow/comments/obxpug/screen_recording_from_previous_thread/
For me, I use GamePass and GameFly for PlayStation games and Xbox game not on Game Pass. PS+, PS Now and Gold are subpar though I'm subbed to +.

When was the last time Sony had a good sale? I'll give you a hint, it's been years. Ghost of Tsushima has never even gone lower than 70% yet. You'll be waiting years to see any substantial savings from a sale.
Their Indie Sale a couple weeks ago. I think I bought like, over 30 things, at least half of which were on my wishlist for years.

just got done with Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, still have Mass Effect Legendary, and have Mario Golf on the way, really happy with gamefly. It seems like there are less people using it though, as new releases seem to always have high availability. also, gift certificates are back!
Gamefly got sold to a new owner a little less than a year ago. Since then they introduced things like Gamelock and the new Elite plans. I was happy with GF before the transition, but these days it's probably the best service it's ever been. Even shipping seems to take so much faster these days. I actually think there are a lot more people using it right now, as they sent out an email a while back welcoming all the new members that signed up during the whole lockdown thing. Anecdotally, a lot of my friends decided to finally sign up recently, and I'm seeing so much more random people talking about it online. It's a great deal- people should really take advantage of it while consoles with disc drives are still a thing.

i mean you guys are comparing sony games that came out last year to 2 to 3 year old xbox games. of course the upgrades are free because its just more diversion from the fact that xbox hasn't released anything.
I mean, Psychonauts 2, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite all still have a $60 price tag and they're all brand new titles coming out this year..

What is there to rent on Gamefly? Between Game Pass, PS Plus, and PS Now, there are too many games to play as is. Btw, here are the suspected PS Now games for July: Judgement (3 months), RDR2 (4 months), God of War, Nioh 2, Moving Out.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationNow/comments/obxpug/screen_recording_from_previous_thread/
People still rent games? Gamefly is a pretty good place to pick up CIB games especially if you use those groupons, since they keep all the boxes/inserts in mint condition.

Miles Morales got an update to improve ray tracing in the Performance RT mode:

E5NcMeEXEAYmZDq.jpg

RE Gamefly: it's been a mixed bag for me.

Subbed on Monday the 21st, R&CPS5 + Nier Replicant shipped to me that day. Good start... but then it took until that Friday to receive one of the games (okayish shipping times), but  the other one never arrived at all. Postal Service seems to have lost it. Thankfully I reported it in time for Disgaea 6's release on switch, and they shipped me that on release day. That was pretty amazing.

I hope the 1 loss was just a fluke.

The $20 worth of stuff for $10 GameFly groupon is available again too if you missed it the first time a few weeks ago.
That sold out within 14 minutes of wario64 posting it.

Unless they restocked it that's Dead. Yup just checked and still dead as a doornail.

Miles Morales got an update to improve ray tracing in the Performance RT mode:

E5NcMeEXEAYmZDq.jpg
"For free? WHAT!? They could've charged $10 to $30 for that!" - Jim Ryan as he congratulates the GoT team on their update/upgrade plans and presses the lever to kill the PSP store today.

Rumor mill says we're getting Judgment, Nioh 2, RDR2, God of War (again) and Moving Out for PS Now additions next month. That is a pretty good list. My guess is Nioh 2, GoW and Moving Out are permanent, Judgment and RDR2 are timed.
"For free? WHAT!? They could've charged $10 to $30 for that!" - Jim Ryan as he congratulates the GoT team on their update/upgrade plans and presses the lever to kill the PSP store today.
Tbf, they didn't charge more because it was a budget title with a simultaneous release and they were able to get the $20 difference by charging for Marvel's Spider-Man PS5 upgrade instead. Which was smart given it's a) an older game and b) a far more popular game.

RE Gamefly: it's been a mixed bag for me.

Subbed on Monday the 21st, R&CPS5 + Nier Replicant shipped to me that day. Good start... but then it took until that Friday to receive one of the games (okayish shipping times), but the other one never arrived at all. Postal Service seems to have lost it. Thankfully I reported it in time for Disgaea 6's release on switch, and they shipped me that on release day. That was pretty amazing.

I hope the 1 loss was just a fluke.
USPS is still kind of a post-COVID mess, in my experience. I’ve never used Gamefly, but my assumption would be that blame lies with the post.

That said, because USPS is still kind of a mess, I would expect further problems with shipping for the foreseeable future if Gamefly only ships through them.

Gamefly with the groupon offering was an awesome deal. Comes out to $10 a month & you get games at launch

Have already beaten Ratchet & Clank, Biomutant & got first ending for Nier Replicant

Tried poison control on launch & now thinking of trying Returnal

You can play games at launch & if you still want to collect games, you can wait for them to get way cheaper. Best of both worlds

And the fact that you can rent movies too, including 4K is an added bonus

Pretty good price on that gold edition

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1410933797760258052?s=21
Eh, I enjoyed the base game, but Fenyx Rising as the some of the absolute worst DLC I've ever played. The only one I could even force myself to finish is the one based on Chinese mythology.

Is it worth getting the Borderlands 3 season pass to go with the Vanilla version? New low of 16.49.
Yes, if you enjoyed the base game then you will enjoy the 4 expansions included with the season pass. Plus you need the expansions to get to the maximum level for your character in the game. Well worth $16+ in my opinion.

Is it worth getting the Borderlands 3 season pass to go with the Vanilla version? New low of 16.49.
If you liked the pass for Borderlands 2 it's worth it. The DLC is better than the campaign imho. If you're in it for the long haul, I'd grab the second pass too, it adds a fourth skill tree and an xp bar to unlock rewards on a tree. It's a useless addition if you've already completed the game and DLC first.

As anyone else had the issue with loading things into your cart, then you come back a few days later and they're gone?

Gamefly has historically been very slow for me. I've renewed for free and moved multiple times since I first started using them in 2011. Each time, I notice a trend of them sending my first choices out right away. After I beat the first game and send it back, though, the next game might take two weeks to get to me.

The last promo I did was in summer 2020 when they had the two games per month for a dollar. Thought I'd give them a shot and continue my subscription after the first month, so I kept the $22 per month sub. The next set of games I beat within a week, but it took two weeks for me to receive the last games. I was only able to play through two and a half games. Canceled after that.

They just seem to not have enough warehouses in the US. Or if they do, then they need to disperse inventory evenly among them. I shouldn't have been waiting for games sent via regular mail from the midwest when I live in coastal New England and there's a time factor. If UPS solves that issue considering the last presidency crippled the post office system, then maybe the change is for the better.

EDIT: As an aside, I don't see their physical media service lasting much longer. Game Pass and PS Now are essentially the same and games can be played within a few hours. There's a subscription fee, but a comparatively nonexistent wait time and no requirement to send games back lest you be charged MSRP. You want movies? Redbox has that covered, too. The only bonus to Gamefly is the ability to rent Nintendo games. And if Nintendo ever started offering current gen games as part of a digital sub, then any physical rental retailer would be in trouble.

If you liked the pass for Borderlands 2 it's worth it. The DLC is better than the campaign imho. If you're in it for the long haul, I'd grab the second pass too, it adds a fourth skill tree and an xp bar to unlock rewards on a tree. It's a useless addition if you've already completed the game and DLC first.
Can you please explain why it is useless if I have already played through the campaign and 3 of the first 4 DLC? i quit playing about a year ago but keep thinking of going back for the one DLC I missed at least.

It seems like platforms pre-PS4 and Xbox One are seeing the value of games go way up. Some GBA games are over $200+ now. It's wild what some people will pay for them.
mmhmm like fire emblem is always a big seller before all this started. Don't want to even know what they go for now.

The xp rewards weren't part of the second season pass.

I would say skip the second season pass. It's really bad compared for season one. A crappy wannabe roguelike mode, and a DLC with a character many don't like.

Apparently hard drives aren't as big a debate point as on Xbox. What's the best bet to swap out my PS4 pro drive? Other than going full ssd, I don't want to buy a 2tb ssd. I arm to be having a hard time finding drives above 5400rpm.

Used prices are indeed crazy for some things. Remember, no money goes to publishers or devs from used sales so esp with cartridge games like GBA there no real reason to pay those huge costs.

bread's done
Back